PDA

View Full Version : TWO CENTS IS A BIG DEAL!!!!

Penguin
5/12/2007, 09:47 AM
I drove by the post office this morning. The parking lot was full and I could see in the door that the place was packed.

I hope the folks there are pleased that they saved some pennies today. Don't spend it all in one place, guys.

King Crimson
5/12/2007, 10:20 AM
all i'm saying is if the machine at the mofo PO is *selling* 39 cent stamps on wednesday, they oughta deliver em.

batonrougesooner
5/12/2007, 11:53 AM
it's the psychology of it all I guess. Same reason why the gas station across the street will have a line five deep because their pricer per gallon is five cents lower than the next. Or waiting five minutes to park thirty feet closer to the entrance at Super Wall Mart or the mall.

SoonerStormchaser
5/12/2007, 11:58 AM
OH MY GOD IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!

Penguin
5/12/2007, 11:58 AM
it's the psychology of it all I guess. Same reason why the gas station across the street will have a line five deep because their pricer per gallon is five cents lower than the next. Or waiting five minutes to park thirty feet closer to the entrance at Super Wall Mart or the mall.

I guess so. It's kind of like the tax-free weekend every year. There can be a 30% off sale in the middle of year and nobody cares. But save that 8% tax? Holy hell! People go ape****!

VeeJay
5/12/2007, 05:09 PM
I noticed a crowd outside a post office today, too. Thought nothing of it.

It didn't dawn on me that I'm the damned, ignorant fool for not saving $0.02 on the 7 letters I'll mail before the next increase.

Blue
5/14/2007, 12:00 AM

This I don't get. Time utility and all. Even if you're the smarty who finds it for 10 cents cheaper. You save a whopping 5 bucks. How much gas/time/brain cells did you waste looking around?

Hatfield
5/14/2007, 08:42 AM
people still mail things?

and didn't the price just go up not too long ago?

Penguin
5/14/2007, 09:33 AM
people still mail things?

and didn't the price just go up not too long ago?

Yeah. I still have a ton of 37 cent stamps.

Mixer!
5/14/2007, 05:31 PM
http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/8636/bethsparty8oh.jpg

Yes, yes he is... :D

Viking Kitten
5/14/2007, 05:38 PM
Or waiting five minutes to park thirty feet closer to the entrance at Super Wall Mart or the mall.

If I had to choose a number one pet peeve, that would be it. Watching people do that drives me bat**** crazy. I wanna go knock on their windows and say something like, "walking an extra 10 feet wouldn't do you any harm, fat**s."

Sooner24
5/14/2007, 10:11 PM
What gripes me is the women that will stand in line at Wal-Mart or the grocery store and dig around in a purse for ten minutes holding up the line looking for $.87 cents instead of just giving the clerk a dollar and getting $.13 cents in change. It always makes me wonder where they get the change to start with if they never get change back.