PDA

View Full Version : If you need some light reading sometime

Widescreen
5/12/2007, 09:41 AM
Check this out. North Korea has a home page (http://www.korea-dpr.com) and it contains a "Brief History" of Kim Jong il (http://www.korea-dpr.com/library/103.pdf) - 160 pages. :eek: Not exactly brief.

I'd like to know who teaches the N. Koreans english. Have you ever noticed how their press releases use a lot of words that say absolutely nothing? Check out this statement from his bio:

Through energetic ideological and theoretical activities he systematized Comrade Kim Il Sung's revolutionary ideology into the ideology, theory and methodology of Juche, developing it to be the immortal revolutionary banner of the era of independence.
Huh? That reads like someone who's trying to BS his way through some liberal arts essay test. And the doc is chock full of that kind of thing.

Widescreen
5/12/2007, 09:49 AM
He has also shown deep concern to providing the Korean people with worthwhile and happy lives.
I think I'm going to vomit.

Also, no mention of Alec Baldwin so far...

King Crimson
5/12/2007, 09:56 AM
if you ever get the chance see the documentary "State of Mind" about N. Korea's mass games. pretty interesting.

and my fave Kim Jong story is the one where the first time he played golf, he shot 61 or something.....with like 3 holes in one. and Saddamn Hussein used to write great poetry that Iraqi scholars were still trying to pin down due to it's brilliance. totalitarianism is a blast.

King Crimson
5/12/2007, 09:58 AM
scratch that: 38 under par.

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/WTARC/2004/ea_nkorea_06_16.html

Okla-homey
5/12/2007, 10:01 AM
They left the part out about his being obsessed with his small height and the elevator shoes and poofy hair.

Widescreen
5/12/2007, 10:06 AM
Yeah, I thought the golf thing might be in his bio but it isn't. I think his 38-under may have happened after this bio was written.

The conferences discussed "On Nominating the Great Leader of Our Party and People Comrade Kim Jong Il as General Secretary of Our Party" and adopted resolutions on nominating him as General Secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea with unanimous approval. This was an expression of the unshakable faith and will to accomplish the great leader Comrade Kim Il Sung's cause, the revolutionary cause of Juche, with Comrade Kim Jong Il at the head of the Party and the revolution, rallying rock-solid around the Party Central Committee.
He was nominated unanimously! They really love him over there. I'm sure the other candidates were crestfallen.

crawfish
5/12/2007, 10:26 AM
On page 116, he talks about his hole-in-one.

Incessantly.

What a jerk. :rolleyes:

stoopified
5/12/2007, 11:05 AM
if you ever get the chance see the documentary "State of Mind" about N. Korea's mass games. pretty interesting.

and my fave Kim Jong story is the one where the first time he played golf, he shot 61 or something.....with like 3 holes in one. and Saddamn Hussein used to write great poetry that Iraqi scholars were still trying to pin down due to it's brilliance. totalitarianism is a blast.
dON'T FORGET cASTRO WAS A MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PROSPECT BWAHAHAHAHAHA.