PDA

View Full Version : I'm a "Hardcore Liberal" According To This...

Rogue
5/11/2007, 10:46 PM
Sounds about right. Do I need to start listening to gangsta rap or something now to keep my street cred as being "hardcore?"

Linkage for pole thingy (http://www.speakout.com/VoteMatch/senate2006.asp?quiz=2008#sec0)

I'm big on the 2nd Amendment so this puts me at odds with many others with similar views. This pole thingy isn't very thorough, but a decent quicky.

Personal Score 85%
Economic Score 22%

Where You Fit In
Where your Personal score meets your Economic score on the grid below is your political philosophy. Based on the above score, you are a Hard-Core Liberal .

****There are four questions which are not counted in your political philosophy. Those questions do not fit this theory -- for example, Democrats typically oppose unrestricted gun ownership, while a 'hard core liberal' would support it on grounds of the government not intervening in a personal issue. These omissions ensure that the theoretical definitions match with current-day politics.****
I've not seen that take before. :cool:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p99/cjrogue/PolMap.gif

reevie
5/11/2007, 11:04 PM
Hmm....Says I'm a "Populist Conservative"

reevie
5/11/2007, 11:06 PM
Also says my match for a 2008 Presidential Candidate is Tommy Thompson

proud gonzo
5/11/2007, 11:13 PM
supposedly I'm a "moderate liberal populist" whatever the hell that means.

http://www.ontheissues.org/quizeng/map/s050_040.gif

Chuck Bao
5/11/2007, 11:19 PM
That pole says I'm a hard-core liberal. Strangely enough it's the economic issues that put me there instead of being a libertarian, where I belong. And, I'm an economist. Interesting.

Czar Soonerov
5/12/2007, 01:06 AM
Mine was way off too...

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9505/clueeb9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Dio
5/12/2007, 01:18 AM
It's Czar's world, we just live in it. Freakin awesome as usual.

Jerk
5/12/2007, 08:38 AM
As much as I fear and loathe big government, that test told me that I love big government...prolly because of my stance on abortion and the patriot act.

There should only be three functions of the federal gov't

1. Miltiary & Defense
2. Transportation (roads, FAA, etc)
3. Post office

They way the test was, the more liberal you are, the more you supported "individual rights":rolleyes: Yeah, then please let me keep more of my money, stay out of my healthcare, and don't touch my f**in' guns. If I want to drive an SUV, then I'm going to drive an SUV. No one wants to get involved in other peoples lives like libs. No one.

I don't support 'individual rights' because I don't believe in affirmative action, quotas, and 'hate crimes' legislation. WTF ever. F*** all those bolsheviks. 'Murder' is murder and 'assault' is assault no matter what the color or sexual orientation of the person is. If they suck a **** then you get 5 extra years tagged on according to these fools. It BIG GOVT saying "These people are more valuable to us than you normal folk"

King Crimson
5/12/2007, 08:51 AM
jerk is right insofar as it's a pretty dumb, limited phraseology of questions. apparently i'm voting equally for Tommy Thompson and Al Sharpton.

i'd be interested in what you'd get if you voted "no opinion" on every "question".

Okla-homey
5/12/2007, 09:05 AM
It said I was a conservative leaning libertarian. That sounds about right. Although I've never voted for a libertarian candidate, I do generally believe that government power should stop at the walls of your house, the war on drugs is a collosal waste of everyone's time, and we all enjoy an absolute right to keep and carry guns for our personal protection. I part company with strict libertarians over my abortion views. I kinda think that a "woman's right to choose" ends when she chooses to say "go ahead baby, I'm not ovulating right now.";)

Jerk
5/12/2007, 09:26 AM
It said I was a conservative leaning libertarian. That sounds about right. Although I've never voted for a libertarian candidate, I do generally believe that government power should stop at the walls of your house, the war on drugs is a collosal waste of everyone's time, and we all enjoy an absolute right to keep and carry guns for our personal protection. I part company with strict libertarians over my abortion views. I kinda think that a "woman's right to choose" ends when she chooses to say "go ahead baby, I'm not ovulating right now.";)

Yes,you're right, because the first and foremost 'individual right' is the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Alot of people want to change this to the right of free handouts, government cheese, and no responsibility.

Another big individual right is the right of self-preservation. Funny how the Soros crowd is against this, too.

royalfan5
5/12/2007, 09:29 AM
Last time I took one of those things, I ended up more libertarian than Milton Friedman, mostly cause I love the market, and only mark the strongly agree or disagree boxes.

Okla-homey
5/12/2007, 09:56 AM
Last time I took one of those things, I ended up more libertarian than Milton Friedman, mostly cause I love the market, and only mark the strongly agree or disagree boxes.

I'm huge on free trade myself. I don't give a tinkers fart if Joe Schobotnick in Detroit loses his job assembling cars if they can be built cheaper using non-union labor in Botswana.

Scott D
5/12/2007, 11:34 AM
Based on the above score, you are a Populist-Leaning Conservative .

http://www.ontheissues.org/quizeng/map/s000_060.gif

where is willie favor when you need him. ;)

King Crimson
5/12/2007, 11:38 AM
I'm huge on free trade myself. I don't give a tinkers fart if Joe Schobotnick in Detroit loses his job assembling cars if they can be built cheaper using non-union labor in Botswana.

interesting point, that's the same reason the "illegals" are here from Mexico. and your thoughts on that are.....?

yermom
5/12/2007, 02:08 PM
http://www.ontheissues.org/quizeng/map/s070_040.gif

hmm

PhilTLL
5/12/2007, 05:33 PM
You scored the following on the PoliticsMatch questions:
Personal Score 79%
Economic Score 64%

Where your Personal score meets your Economic score on the grid below is your political philosophy. Based on the above score, you are a Liberal-Leaning Libertarian .

Of course, LLL also = La Lucha Libre!

Frozen Sooner
5/12/2007, 05:50 PM
Libertarian-leaning liberal. I'll buy that.

Scott D
5/12/2007, 09:40 PM
you freakin liberals make me sick, you worship at the altar of the msm...your ilk should be locked away where you can't damage the minds of the youth!....

wow I must have been channelling rush..without the stammer. ;)

Chuck Bao
5/13/2007, 12:20 AM
I still don't think there are any real liberals on this board.

And, I have to respectfully disagree with Jerk on hate crimes. Hate crimes aren't against individuals but terrorist acts aimed at a certain segment of society. Five years extra seems too lenient to me.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/13/2007, 11:00 AM
As much as I fear and loathe big government, that test told me that I love big government...prolly because of my stance on abortion and the patriot act.

There should only be three functions of the federal gov't

1. Miltiary & Defense
2. Transportation (roads, FAA, etc)
3. Post office

They way the test was, the more liberal you are, the more you supported "individual rights":rolleyes: Yeah, then please let me keep more of my money, stay out of my healthcare, and don't touch my f**in' guns. If I want to drive an SUV, then I'm going to drive an SUV. No one wants to get involved in other peoples lives like libs. No one.

I don't support 'individual rights' because I don't believe in affirmative action, quotas, and 'hate crimes' legislation. WTF ever. F*** all those bolsheviks. 'Murder' is murder and 'assault' is assault no matter what the color or sexual orientation of the person is. If they suck a **** then you get 5 extra years tagged on according to these fools. It BIG GOVT saying "These people are more valuable to us than you normal folk"Maybe the test writers have dubious ideas about the proper functions of government.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/13/2007, 11:09 AM
...your ilk should be locked away where you can't damage the minds of the youth!....

wow I must have been channelling rush..the ilk locking people away statement doesn't channel anyone on the right that I (or you either, get real) know of. Don't know why you would want to intentionally mislead those who only believe those who don't listen to him. Rush is passionately a proponent of free speech. He, and others on conservative talk radio are the biggest targets of those who want to stifle free speech.

yermom
5/13/2007, 11:12 AM
i think you have him confused with Howard Stern ;)

soonerscuba
5/13/2007, 11:17 AM
I prefer Opie and Anthony to all of them.

okienole3
5/13/2007, 12:19 PM
This question and explanation doesn't make sense.

A "hard-core conservative" would answer personal questions to include government intervention, but would answer economic questions to minimize government involvement.

However, if you choose to not include sexual orientation being covered by civil rights laws, then you are a hardcore conservative. Isn't enforcing laws government involvement?

Also, I say that abortion is not a woman's right, because it isn't in the Constitution, not because I want the government to intrude on personal issues.

Czar Soonerov
5/13/2007, 12:28 PM
OK, I actually took the test this time.

http://www.ontheissues.org/quizeng/map/s050_050.gif
Based on the above score, you are a Centrist .

Okla-homey
5/13/2007, 06:58 PM
interesting point, that's the same reason the "illegals" are here from Mexico. and your thoughts on that are.....?

I'm a realist on that dealio. We aren't gonna round 'em up and send them back so why get all hot under the collar about it? Drywall must be hung. Buildings must be painted. Bricks must be laid. Meat must be packed. Feedlots must be operated. Lettuce must be picked under the hot Arizona sun. If Teamsters picked lettuce it would prolly sound something like this..."hey, I pick three heads per day and I'm done! If you got a gawdam problem wid dat I suggest you take it up wid my shop steward Guido."

Rome had a permanent underclass. The illegals our ours. Nothing's changed much in 3000 years. Of course, we gotta watch out for El Spartucuso so if you get wind of some messican going ape and leading a rebellion of celery cutters, watch out because those guys have very sharp knives and know how to use them.

soonerscuba
5/13/2007, 07:31 PM
Rome had a permanent underclass. The illegals our ours.

Ding. But I would say that immigrants, regardless of status have been our permanent underclass since slavery took a hike. The unique thing, and what I think is America's greatest asset is that they eventually get a piece of the pie. I think the Messicans get theirs sooner than later judging by their mating habits.

OU Adonis
5/13/2007, 08:19 PM
http://www.ontheissues.org/quizeng/map/s000_050.gif

Where You Fit In
Where your Personal score meets your Economic score on the grid below is your political philosophy. Based on the above score, you are a Populist Conservative .

Scott D
5/13/2007, 09:01 PM
the ilk locking people away statement doesn't channel anyone on the right that I (or you either, get real) know of. Don't know why you would want to intentionally mislead those who only believe those who don't listen to him. Rush is passionately a proponent of free speech. He, and others on conservative talk radio are the biggest targets of those who want to stifle free speech.

I believe Rush wishes to sell you oceanfront property near Denver, Colorado as soon as possible.

SoonerGirl06
5/13/2007, 09:20 PM
I believe Rush wishes to sell you oceanfront property near Denver, Colorado as soon as possible.

Why is it that you dislike Rush Limbaugh (the commentator)?

You make these little remarks, but don't back it up why you think Rush is FOS.