PDA

View Full Version : Poor Ricky just can't put down the smoke.

Sooner24
5/11/2007, 06:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2867381 :rolleyes:

bixby28
5/11/2007, 06:25 PM
This guy has continuously put his career aside for weed.

Big Red Ron
5/11/2007, 06:38 PM
I think maybe he didn't want to play or knows he sucks compared to the younger RB's in the NFL and did this to save face (athletically), as frickin warped as that sounds.

starrca23
5/11/2007, 06:45 PM
Hey Ron, don't ever give a Texas football player credit for being that smart again!!!!!
Seriously though, A guy that smokes that much weed can't be that smart.

47straight
5/11/2007, 06:55 PM
It was funny the first four times. Now I think he just wants the attention.

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2007, 07:25 PM
who said pot wasnt addictive ;)

Flagstaffsooner
5/11/2007, 07:34 PM
will not be allowed to apply for reinstatement to the NFL until September, sources said. Thats pretty damn cushy; no training camp.:texan:

Flagstaffsooner
5/11/2007, 07:35 PM
who said pot wasnt addictive ;)I dont think its the weed, its the users lack of self control.

King Crimson
5/11/2007, 07:36 PM
Ricky is clearly doing his own thing and i'd never begrudge a guy for that. if he doesn't want to play football and do yoga and smoke out and never work again, so be it. but playing and putting yourself in the position to repeated fail the drug test is dumb. it's pretty easy to buy products that let you pass the test.

stoopified
5/11/2007, 08:27 PM
Oncae a bonghorn,always a bonghorn.

Big Red Ron
5/11/2007, 08:32 PM
heh, bonghorn. I'm sure it's been said nefore but dang, that's some funny chit.

;)

FlatheadSooner
5/11/2007, 08:53 PM
Far Out, Man.

No, I mean he's out there, man.

I mean, he's Far Out there, man.

:dolemite:

goingoneight
5/11/2007, 09:03 PM
heh, bonghorn. I'm sure it's been said nefore but dang, that's some funny chit.

;)

Then there's the 'Schlonghorns...' you know... those band guys who are constantly seen on Fark Central.

jacru
5/11/2007, 09:13 PM
... it's pretty easy to buy products that let you pass the test.
methinks if they worked that well no one would ever get caught.
... or maybe only the dumb ones get caught.

Big Red Ron
5/11/2007, 09:16 PM
it's pretty easy to buy products that let you pass the test.Really? What about when they test for the chemicals that mask the test?

birddog
5/11/2007, 10:04 PM
that reminds me, i need to go get myself a whizzinator!

http://www.whizzinator.com/

Ash
5/11/2007, 10:29 PM
I just wonder when this won't be news. The guy's a pothead, like some of his bongwhorn pals. It'll be news when the focktard doesn't suck on a blunt.

Seamus
5/11/2007, 10:30 PM
Oncae a bonghorn,always a bonghorn.

Spek, even though my spek message probably made it look like I wuz rollin' with' Ricky. :cool:

starclassic tama
5/11/2007, 11:34 PM
Really? What about when they test for the chemicals that mask the test?

thats not how it works. all those products try to flush the thc out of your fat cells.

insuranceman_22
5/12/2007, 12:02 AM
A true shiny example of Longhorn Football! Remember when he was in New Orleans and did all the goofy stuff, woundn't interview unless his helmet was on......... This is tough to say, Ricky being a whoren and all: I respect a guys right to live his own life, but this dude needs some serious professional help. His mind just doesn't work right, lots of issue's that he needs help with. I hope sometime in the near future he is able to "get his **** together" for his own personal health.

sooner94
5/12/2007, 12:06 AM
that reminds me, i need to go get myself a whizzinator!

http://www.whizzinator.com/

So are the black ones bigger than the white ones? Seems like they should be. Just sayin.

Seamus
5/12/2007, 01:28 AM
His mind just doesn't work right ...

Well, he did go to texas ... :texan:

tulsaoilerfan
5/12/2007, 02:01 PM
What a dumbass; most of us would KILL to be an NFL running back, but he would rather smoke weed

yermom
5/12/2007, 02:43 PM
i'm thinking it's more like he's rather keep his millions of dollars and not beat himself up anymore...

is he pushing to come back, or are the Dolphins just trying to get something out of all the money they spent on him?

if he leaves, they can ask for money back, right? weren't they trying that at some point? but what if the team/NFL kicks him out?

insuranceman_22
5/12/2007, 11:25 PM
Seamus - you are indeed correct!

Big Red Ron
5/12/2007, 11:50 PM
So are the black ones bigger than the white ones? Seems like they should be. Just sayin.:rolleyes:

RedstickSooner
5/13/2007, 12:12 AM
I know I'm prolly in the minority, but the only stuff I think the NFL should test for is performance enhancers.

I can see the case for painkillers, as painkiller addiction is a very natural danger for players -- since they're all going to be on 'em at some point, and it'd be easy for medicinal use to stretch into addiction/abuse.

But, weed? Sure as heck isn't a performance enhancer. The only people who should care if lil' Ricky is stoned is the Dolphins - the rest of the NFL should be rolling his doobies for him, and hoping he tries to play baked :D

Ain't no big thang -- and it's a problem endemic to all drug testing. A lot of companies do their testing based on whether they *can* test... Not so much whether they *should* test.

But, clearly, when you've got this kind of money on the line, being unable to stay away from dope shows some kind of enormous underlying problem. Dude suffers from astonishingly bad judgment, if nothing else. If you're someone who has to deal with the possibility of a drug test, you can't smoke pot, period. Sticks around in your system too long.

I just don't understand someone who couldn't skip a drug of choice like that for a few years, when millions of dollars are on the line.

So, to sum it up for anyone who didn't want to read all my rambling:

I don't think the NFL should test for THC.

Ricky is a moron for smoking, seeing as they *do* test.

RedstickSooner
5/13/2007, 12:13 AM
What a dumbass; most of us would get KILLED if we were an NFL running back, but he would rather smoke weed

Fixed that one for you :)

Texas Golfer
5/13/2007, 04:13 AM
Ricky is clearly doing his own thing and i'd never begrudge a guy for that. if he doesn't want to play football and do yoga and smoke out and never work again, so be it.

Normally, I'd agree with this but when Ricky accepted their $8+M signing bonus, the Dolphins owned him.

AlbqSooner
5/13/2007, 07:00 AM
who said pot wasnt addictive ;)
Pot isn't addictive. Heck, I know guys who have smoked it every day for over 35 years and they aren't addicted.;)

Seamus
5/13/2007, 04:02 PM
Probably not worthy of the legendary farkers (heh) here, but here goes:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w48/seamusnalaoch/bonghorn2.jpg

SeattleRUF/NEK
5/13/2007, 04:15 PM
Has anyone ever noticed that whenever Roy Williams (ut) or Vince Young do something amazing in the NFL sports people say "former texas QB Vince Young throws for a TD and wins the game!" But they never seem to mention texas at all whenever this guy can't put down the bong.

sooner94
5/13/2007, 08:13 PM
:rolleyes:

You really need to lighten up, it was just a joke.

Big Red Ron
5/13/2007, 08:16 PM
You really need to lighten up, it was just a joke.Just trying to be consistant. I mean we wouldn't want to make any other type of racial jokes around here and kids do read this board.

Big Red Ron
5/13/2007, 08:24 PM
Normally, I'd agree with this but when Ricky accepted their $8+M signing bonus, the Dolphins owned him. Doesn't he owe them something like 10 million? I'd have him sellin peanuts in the stands after this many drug test failures.

TexasLidig8r
5/14/2007, 10:10 AM
Doesn't he owe them something like 10 million? I'd have him sellin peanuts in the stands after this many drug test failures.

I think they got an arbitration award against him for approximately $5M.

Also, he apparently has at least 3 kids and child support is due and will continue to be due.

My blood is as burnt orange as anyone but even so.. what a dumbass. An embarrassment to himself, his family, his college.

picasso
5/14/2007, 10:10 AM
you guys need to go easy on the weed/Longhorn mantra. It's going on at all schools and on the football and basketball teams. something about the need for herb...

I'm not saying all players do it, but all teams have a few who do.

Seamus
5/14/2007, 01:09 PM
Maybe he considers it a sacrament. Jah, mon ...

OUDoc
5/14/2007, 01:18 PM
it's pretty easy to buy products that let you pass the test.
To the best of my knowledge, none of that stuff works.

Big Red Ron
5/14/2007, 01:27 PM
To the best of my knowledge, none of that stuff works.Yeah, that's what my understanding is too. Most major corporate type jobs test for drugs and any masking agents. If they find any masking agents they treat that as the same as a positive test. I would think that the NFL, especially under this new commish are going to be even harsher than that.

Big Red Ron
5/14/2007, 01:32 PM
My blood is as burnt orange as anyone but even so.. what a dumbass. An embarrassment to himself, his family, his college.I feel ya!

I really think he may have done this on purpose. Otherwise, how can anyone be that effin stupid?

I doubt a 30 year old Williams is better than many current NFL backs. Don't get me wrong, he was a helluva RB for a couple of seasons and could probably make a roster but he's no feature back anymore.

Tear Down This Wall
5/14/2007, 01:33 PM
Redstick,

That doesn't make any sense. In the NFL, players are paid to play professional football. Teams and the league have millions of dollars invested in the business.

Therefore, the NFL and teams expect their employees, the players, to be focused on their job, playing football. They're not paying these guys to smoke grass, pile up DWIs, beat and rape women, assualt people, etc.

They could pay any idiot off the street to smoke grass and make an as*s of himself every few months. But, that's not part of the deal. In fact, the NFL Players Association and the League have bargained for discipline as part of the deal.

Ricky is in no way disciplined. He is wasting his talent because he wants to feel high over and over again. It's stupid. He's got a 15-year old mind in a man's body.

At some point, people grow up. They put aside the weed, they stop getting drunk every weekend, and they settle down and live life. Sadly, Ricky isn't doing that. He's still living like a immature teen who doesn't want to face rules. He needs to just grow the f up and be a man.

royalfan5
5/14/2007, 01:57 PM
Redstick,

That doesn't make any sense. In the NFL, players are paid to play professional football. Teams and the league have millions of dollars invested in the business.

Therefore, the NFL and teams expect their employees, the players, to be focused on their job, playing football. They're not paying these guys to smoke grass, pile up DWIs, beat and rape women, assualt people, etc.

They could pay any idiot off the street to smoke grass and make an as*s of himself every few months. But, that's not part of the deal. In fact, the NFL Players Association and the League have bargained for discipline as part of the deal.

Ricky is in no way disciplined. He is wasting his talent because he wants to feel high over and over again. It's stupid. He's got a 15-year old mind in a man's body.

At some point, people grow up. They put aside the weed, they stop getting drunk every weekend, and they settle down and live life. Sadly, Ricky isn't doing that. He's still living like a immature teen who doesn't want to face rules. He needs to just grow the f up and be a man.

Of course, the Dolphins should of been a little brighter than to give a notorious flake and pothead an 8 million dollar bonus and to expect him to be reliable. The stupidity cuts both ways here.

badger
5/14/2007, 02:07 PM
Ricky is clearly doing his own thing and i'd never begrudge a guy for that. if he doesn't want to play football and do yoga and smoke out and never work again, so be it. but playing and putting yourself in the position to repeated fail the drug test is dumb. it's pretty easy to buy products that let you pass the test.
the only problem is that is exactly what he wanted to do. however, he forgot the little fact that he spent the dolphin's money and upon canceling this contract, owed them that money back... to the tune of $8 mil.

he is playing football because unless he does, he owes millions. that's it.

Big Red Ron
5/14/2007, 03:50 PM
The stupidity cuts both ways here. Word!

footballfanatic
5/15/2007, 04:53 PM
You really need to lighten up, it was just a joke.

The phrase, 'just a joke," is often used to justify the most vicious behavior.

footballfanatic
5/15/2007, 04:57 PM
Everyone is calling Ricky a dumbass, who's too stupid to act responsibly. the truth is, we don't don't know the exact nature of his usage. Maybe, just maybe, he has an addiction. If so, perhaps he's too dumb to get the proper help. But as addicts tell us, breaking an addiction can be incredibly difficult.

Big Red Ron
5/15/2007, 05:08 PM
Everyone is calling Ricky a dumb ***, who's too stupid to act responsibly. the truth is, we don't don't know the exact nature of his usage. Maybe, just maybe, he has an addiction. If so, perhaps he's too dumb to get the proper help. But as addicts tell us, breaking an addiction can be incredibly difficult.Okay, if he's an "addict" then he should get help but do you think the Dolphins and the NFL haven't tried to give him the very best medical treatment?:rolleyes:

He's a dumb ***, numnuts, moran, waste of talent.

I doubt he'd be much of an asset to any NFL team now. There's lots of young guys without an addiction to weed that can do what he does.

footballfanatic
5/16/2007, 10:16 AM
Okay, if he's an "addict" then he should get help but do you think the Dolphins and the NFL haven't tried to give him the very best medical treatment?:rolleyes:

He's a dumb ***, numnuts, moran, waste of talent.

I doubt he'd be much of an asset to any NFL team now. There's lots of young guys without an addiction to weed that can do what he does.

Psssst, it's spelled "moron," lol.

Seamus
5/16/2007, 01:34 PM
No, idot, it's moran. Look up the legend of the Wyandotte Wusscat. (a sample of his idot-cy is in my sig.)

n00b. ;)

Seamus
5/16/2007, 01:39 PM
Actually, I'll make it easy for you, seeing that you're a horn and all.

Wusscat Chronicles (http://www.shrough.com/sooners/wusscat.html)

It's hard to believe, but we're actually coming up on the freaking 10-year anniversary of one of the greatest episodes of Internet buffoonery evar. :eek:

Big Red Ron
5/16/2007, 01:46 PM
Psssst, it's spelled "moron," lol.You ain't from around here are ya? It's okay, I know humor is a bane-able offense over at whorefans.com.