PDA

View Full Version : Undrafted rookies???

Collier11
5/11/2007, 04:11 PM
I was thinking, when people like Messner, Thompson, etc...get signed as undrafted free agents, most of them end up getting cut. Now, hopefully they will all make the team but we know that isnt realistic.

My question is, hypotheticall, PT signs with the Jets and makes it til mid august before getting cut, how do they determine how much money they make? Is it a prorated amount of the league minimum or what?

colleyvillesooner
5/11/2007, 04:56 PM
I heard they all get $3.50

Collier11
5/11/2007, 05:41 PM
damnit woman!! I told you dont give that loch ness monster tree fitty, and look whatcha done!!

KingDavid
5/11/2007, 10:37 PM
I heard they all get $3.50

Don't forget the meal ticket and a voucher good for $500 of authentic NFL gear.

And there's always the lifetime 10% discount at the Nike factory stores.

Collier11
5/11/2007, 10:39 PM
so im guessin no one knows the actual answer?

oumartin
5/11/2007, 10:49 PM
i dent get my offer from the colts!
sorry

royalfan5
5/11/2007, 10:49 PM
Most FA will get a small signing bonus, say 25K. NFL players get paid weekly, so they will get the weekly chunk of the contract until said contract is terminated.

Collier11
5/12/2007, 02:22 AM
Most FA will get a small signing bonus, say 25K. NFL players get paid weekly, so they will get the weekly chunk of the contract until said contract is terminated.

so is that a weekly prorated portion of the minimum or what?

hawaii 5-0
5/12/2007, 02:36 AM
If you're a Florida State player, you also get the Free Shoes clause in your contract.

:cool: 5-0

Collier11
5/12/2007, 02:40 AM
ghey!! Go away!

Doged
5/12/2007, 05:02 AM
I have a couple of coworkers who are former NFL players. Their three-minute explanation is what follows.

The terms and contracts vary greatly from player to player. Some get a few thousand for the rookie mini camp and others get nothing except a plane ticket and maybe part of their motel room or one free meal per day. The same applies for voluntary summer workouts.

If a signing bonus is involved, that's usually payable at the time the contract is signed so they get that in full, but very few undrafted players get any signing bonus.

The NFL player's union terms kick in once a player is invited to training camp. Then they have to be paid the minimum each week, at least.

cortezsooner
5/12/2007, 03:19 PM
If you're from the U. of Texass, in addition to the bonus, you also get a Prescription for Medical Marijuana to help deal with the 'Stress' of being an NFL player.......

Collier11
5/12/2007, 08:24 PM
I have a couple of coworkers who are former NFL players. Their three-minute explanation is what follows.

The terms and contracts vary greatly from player to player. Some get a few thousand for the rookie mini camp and others get nothing except a plane ticket and maybe part of their motel room or one free meal per day. The same applies for voluntary summer workouts.

If a signing bonus is involved, that's usually payable at the time the contract is signed so they get that in full, but very few undrafted players get any signing bonus.

The NFL player's union terms kick in once a player is invited to training camp. Then they have to be paid the minimum each week, at least.

thanks!