PDA

View Full Version : Beggin Strips

OU4LIFE
5/11/2007, 02:56 PM
Beggin' Strips

Beggin' Strips are bacon-shaped, bacon-flavored treats for dogs. In the commercial a dog runs around the house like a maniac shouting BACON, BACON, BACON, BACON, BACON! It's weird, because I do the exact same thing.

Beggin' Strips slogan is "Dog's don't know it's not bacon!" Newsflash: Dogs are retarded. Mine used to eat his own vomit, and wag his tail while he did it. I'll be the one to decide if this stuff tastes like bacon or not.

I know these snacks aren't made for human consumption, but while I was in the store the ingredients list looked pretty tame so I wasn't too concerned. Somehow I had missed one extremely dubious word sitting there all by itself. "MEAT". That's all it says... meat.

Meat is a pretty large umbrella. Beef is meat. Pork is meat. Horses, monkeys, and allegedly Arby's roast beef are meat. Even Rosie O'Donnell's ball sack is meat. Okay, maybe I've gone too far. I have no idea what that is they are serving at Arby's, but you get my point.

Alas, there is no turning back now. Despite the fact that I am a grown man with children, I'm off to go eat dog food. And what better way to have Beggin' Strips than in a Beggin', Lettuce, and Tomato Sammich!

I'm back. And I'm sad to report that I did not run around the house yelling "Bacon!" I did, however, run around the house yelling "Call 911!"

GodDAMN these are foul. Don't try this at home. I'm not sure it's safe, and I am sure your tongue may kill itself.

While they were a little too artificially colored red to pass for real bacon, I was pleased to see they were not all the same shape. Similar to slices of real bacon, they each have their own curvy and shriveled identity. (Just like my aunts and uncles.)

And somehow these Beggin' Strips also managed to smell just like bacon. Oopsie. Typo. I meant to say "the smoky puke of a thousand maniacs."

To put it simply, this is the devil's bacon. Even a healthy dose of bread, mayo, lettuce and tomato couldn't come close to masking the evil. The bitter nastiness literally got worse with every chew, and I was overcome by the urge to go in the backyard and eat grass until it was all out of me.

The following is a message to all dogs who read The Sneeze: First, sit. Sit! Good boy. Now listen to me. Beggin' Strips do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT TASTE LIKE BACON. You are all being played for chumps! Alright, now give me your paw. Okay, roll over! Good boy! Now go take a steamy dump in your master's shoe. Go on! Get!

In closing, the only silver lining to this dark dark cloud is I have figured out why so many dogs lick their own *******s. They are trying to kill the taste of Beggin' Strips. (By the way, it doesn't work.)

All Steve, Don't Eat It's can be found here. (http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/cat_steve_dont_eat_it.php)

Howzit
5/11/2007, 03:00 PM
I didn't think they were half bad.

OU4LIFE
5/11/2007, 03:06 PM
but you like the taste of *******....

IB4OU2
5/11/2007, 03:09 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about what Beef does on a Friday night? :(

StoopTroup
5/11/2007, 04:11 PM
Snap into a Slimjim.....

http://www.wrestlingmuseum.com/images/models/machoman4.jpg

Mixer!
5/11/2007, 08:57 PM
:les: THREAD OF THE DAY!

proud gonzo
5/11/2007, 09:14 PM
good lord, that link is funny

proud gonzo
5/11/2007, 09:20 PM
holy crap, the entry for Cuitlacoche hilarious

KStatePike
5/11/2007, 09:22 PM
that's the funniest thing I've read in a long time, good work

Sooner24
5/11/2007, 09:25 PM
My dog won't touch them. I thought it was just him being picky.

Flagstaffsooner
5/11/2007, 09:25 PM
Newsflash: Dogs are retarded. Mine used to eat his own vomit, and wag his tail while he did it. I'll be the one to decide if this stuff tastes like bacon or not.
Dogs also enjoy "Cat Box Brownies".

Sooner24
5/11/2007, 09:26 PM
I think Beggin Strips are going to be served at the first tailgate.