PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have any "neat and different" job ideas?

crimsonrules
5/11/2007, 02:15 PM
A few weeks ago I was going with a girl, and I was driving about two hours back and forth everyday to work! Anyway, to make a long story short, I quit the job, (kind of getting tired of it anyway), to spend more time with my girl and to avoid the rising cost of gas! Lo and behold, no more than a week later, me and the girlfriend break up! Anyway, I've still got some money coming in from my last job so I'm taking a few days off to do some "job hunting". I'm looking for a job that I can like no matter what it is! I spent some time in the Army, but decided that wasn't for me, and I've done some construction, but am looking for something different! I do not care what it is...to a certain extent! I'm tired of going to work, and not liking what I do, or being bored in a few months time! I have no wife, no gf, no kids, and can probably live on $8.00 an hour! Yeah, I'm not exactly a "big-spender"! Anyway, if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears! TIA!

C&CDean
5/11/2007, 02:16 PM
How did someone with 8 posts get to start a thread? Beano is slacking.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/11/2007, 02:17 PM
Heh.

C&CDean
5/11/2007, 02:18 PM
Especially a thread as jacked up as this. Beano!!

sooner_born_1960
5/11/2007, 02:20 PM
And how can someone with eight posts have so much to be proud of?

GottaHavePride
5/11/2007, 02:22 PM
wtf?

And for the token serious post:

Why not figure out what you actually LIKE to do, focus on becoming really good at that, and turn it into a career. Otherwise, the easiest path to $8 an hour is to work your way up to shift manager at Wal-Mart.

Big Red Ron
5/11/2007, 02:27 PM
A few weeks ago I was going with a girl, and I was driving about two hours back and forth everyday to work! Anyway, to make a long story short, I quit the job, (kind of getting tired of it anyway), to spend more time with my girl and to avoid the rising cost of gas! Lo and behold, no more than a week later, me and the girlfriend break up! Anyway, I've still got some money coming in from my last job so I'm taking a few days off to do some "job hunting". I'm looking for a job that I can like no matter what it is! I spent some time in the Army, but decided that wasn't for me, and I've done some construction, but am looking for something different! I do not care what it is...to a certain extent! I'm tired of going to work, and not liking what I do, or being bored in a few months time! I have no wife, no gf, no kids, and can probably live on $8.00 an hour! Yeah, I'm not exactly a "big-spender"! Anyway, if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears! TIA!When I was in my mid twenties, I decided to mow a few yards on the side for some extra cash. I made up some fliers and put them on doors of houses that looked like they needed mowing. Long story short, I ended up with more than I could handle and hired some guys. I made a ton of cash in about 4 months.

1stTimeCaller
5/11/2007, 02:28 PM
ever thought of being a roughneck? work 6 months a year and make 40-60k.

Boomer.....
5/11/2007, 02:33 PM
How did someone with 8 posts get to start a thread? Beano is slacking.
He joined in May 06. I guess he was grandfathered in to the new rules.

Jimminy Crimson
5/11/2007, 04:26 PM
Long story short, I ended up with more than I could handle and hired some guys. I made a ton of cash in about 4 months.

You know that employing illegals can get you into trouble... :texan:

85Sooner
5/11/2007, 04:48 PM
Don't do that for a girl!

more thoughts on marrage,

When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.
- Sacha Guitry

After marriage, husband and wife become two sides of a coin; they just can't face each other, but still they stay together.
- Hemant Joshi

By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.
- Socrates

The great question... which I have not been able to answer... is, "What does a woman want?"
- Sigmund Freud

I had some words with my wife, and she had some paragraphs with me.
- Anonymous

Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.
- Henny Youngman

There's a way of transferring funds that is even faster than electronic banking. It's called marriage.
- James Holt McGavran

I've had bad luck with both my wives. The first one left me, and the second one didn't.
- Patrick Murray

Two secrets to keep your marriage brimming
1. When ever you're wrong, admit it,
2. Whenever you're right, shut up.
- Nash

The most effective way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once...
- Anonymous

You know what I did before I married? Anything I wanted to.
- Henny Youngman

My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.
- Rodney Dangerfield

A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong.
- Milton Berle

A man inserted an ad in the classifieds: "Wife wanted." Next day he received a hundred letters. They all said the same thing: "You can have mine."
- Anonymous

Didn't want a wife, so I got a dog. Mostly because I can trust a dog!
- Wayne Shaw

:)

Viking Kitten
5/11/2007, 04:50 PM
A few weeks ago I was going with a girl, and I was driving about two hours back and forth everyday to work! Anyway, to make a long story short, I quit the job, (kind of getting tired of it anyway), to spend more time with my girl and to avoid the rising cost of gas! Lo and behold, no more than a week later, me and the girlfriend break up! Anyway, I've still got some money coming in from my last job so I'm taking a few days off to do some "job hunting". I'm looking for a job that I can like no matter what it is! I spent some time in the Army, but decided that wasn't for me, and I've done some construction, but am looking for something different! I do not care what it is...to a certain extent! I'm tired of going to work, and not liking what I do, or being bored in a few months time! I have no wife, no gf, no kids, and can probably live on $8.00 an hour! Yeah, I'm not exactly a "big-spender"! Anyway, if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears! TIA!

Have you ever considered the carpet cleaning business?

colleyvillesooner
5/11/2007, 04:52 PM
That's a good idea right there! If you had a Yukon, you could haul all the equipment around in that and not have to get a van!

soonerboy_odanorth
5/11/2007, 05:00 PM

ahem...

"PIMPIN' AIN'T EASY!"

...You're welcome.

StoopTroup
5/11/2007, 05:03 PM
Find a roulette table...

Put what cash you have on Red.

Keep it on Red and take it off before the ball lands Black.

Repeat as necessary.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/11/2007, 09:23 PM
Is this Sicem's troll handle?

oumartin
5/11/2007, 09:26 PM
I saw a help wanted sign at the Local Family Dollar!
Talk about Chic magnet

Sooner24
5/11/2007, 09:54 PM
Did you ever think about working in a tat/piercing shop checking for follicular cyst in peoples noses?

OUinFLA
5/11/2007, 10:10 PM
hmmm yummy

proud gonzo
5/11/2007, 10:46 PM
A few weeks ago I was going with a girl, and I was driving about two hours back and forth everyday to work! Anyway, to make a long story short, I quit the job, (kind of getting tired of it anyway), to spend more time with my girl and to avoid the rising cost of gas! Lo and behold, no more than a week later, me and the girlfriend break up! Anyway, I've still got some money coming in from my last job so I'm taking a few days off to do some "job hunting". I'm looking for a job that I can like no matter what it is! I spent some time in the Army, but decided that wasn't for me, and I've done some construction, but am looking for something different! I do not care what it is...to a certain extent! I'm tired of going to work, and not liking what I do, or being bored in a few months time! I have no wife, no gf, no kids, and can probably live on $8.00 an hour! Yeah, I'm not exactly a "big-spender"! Anyway, if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears! TIA!so basically you're saying you're bad at prioritizing and have no aspirations?

Sooner24
5/11/2007, 10:50 PM
so basically you're saying you're bad at prioritizing and have no aspirations?

That's why he post on SF.com. :D

Chuck Bao
5/11/2007, 11:05 PM
I'm looking for a new editor. But, that would require a little further commute.

oumartin
5/11/2007, 11:15 PM
That's why he post on SF.com.

there is so much truth in that statement it is scary!

SCOUT
5/11/2007, 11:39 PM
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/78/pics/78ofredgarvin1.jpg

olevetonahill
5/12/2007, 10:05 AM
Ill open a whore house and you can run it by hand .

crawfish
5/12/2007, 10:29 AM
Have you ever considered the carpet cleaning business?

Yeah, I bet those carpet cleaners have some good stories.