PDA

View Full Version : Go cry me the Rio Grande...

soonerboy_odanorth
5/11/2007, 12:11 PM
Anyone catch the "tearjerker" deportation story attempt in the Oklahoman? Sorry, it doesn't make me more sympathetic. It makes me less so...

http://newsok.com/article/3052566?mp=0

You twit.

You married an illegal.

You knew he was an illegal.

Tough s***.

You don't want to break up your dear little family?

THEN GET YOUR A** DOWN TO GOOD OL' MEXICO WITH HIM!

Grandpapa can go, too!

F 'em!

It's time this country got tough. And I was glad to see the deportation statistic. I'd like to see it quadrupled in the next year.

In fact there is another long overdue change that ought to be considered:

No more automatic citizenship for children born in this country. One of the parents MUST be a citizen. Not a visa holder, not a permanent resident alien. A citizen. (Note: It wouldn't affect the citizenship of the child in this story.)

But I'd be interested to see how many women come running across the border to squirt out their pups if their child's citizenship wasn't automatically bestowed.

yermom
5/11/2007, 12:23 PM
i agree with the automatic citizenship thing, i think it may have had a purpose at one point, but it's pointless now

i do think that if you marry a citizen it shouldn't be that hard to get citizenship

dolemitesooner
5/11/2007, 12:25 PM
i agree with the automatic citizenship thing, i think it may have had a purpose at one point, but it's pointless now

i do think that if you marry a citizen it shouldn't be that hard to get citizenship
I think it should

IronSooner
5/11/2007, 12:45 PM
In fact there is another long overdue change that ought to be considered:

No more automatic citizenship for children born in this country. One of the parents MUST be a citizen. Not a visa holder, not a permanent resident alien. A citizen. (Note: It wouldn't affect the citizenship of the child in this story.)

But I'd be interested to see how many women come running across the border to squirt out their pups if their child's citizenship wasn't automatically bestowed.

Agreed. The whole "anchor baby" thing has got to go. It's ridiculous. Unless Mexico wants to send $ up here to pay the bill for all the healthcare and free **** they get because their parents don't pay.

Turd_Ferguson
5/11/2007, 12:47 PM
Anyone catch the "tearjerker" deportation story attempt in the Oklahoman? Sorry, it doesn't make me more sympathetic. It makes me less so...You twit. F 'em!

Concur. Eggzactly the reason I started the Gov. Henry thread. The Daily Oklahoman had a blog asking how people felt about the bill Henry had on his desk. About 99% were voicing positive feelings. Lo and behold, the blog dissapeared(either that or I was drunk and couldn't find it) so, I sent them a ****ty email and it re-appeared the next day. YWIA.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/11/2007, 12:53 PM
If you are here illegally, you should not be allowed citizenship, period. That's my take.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/11/2007, 12:55 PM
Agreed. The whole "anchor baby" thing has got to go. It's ridiculous. Unless Mexico wants to send $ up here to pay the bill for all the healthcare and free **** they get because their parents don't pay.

Hell, we're Mexico's safety valve. This keeps the elite in Mexico in power and money and they don't need to do anything to help their country or build a middle class. They aren't going to anything until we close the borders and tell Mexico to shove it.

OU4LIFE
5/11/2007, 12:56 PM
I robbed a store 4 years ago. Now they caught me and want to send me to jail for it. Even though I'm married now and ave a baby.

how unfair is that.

morans. GTFO, I have no problem with it. I just wish white people worked half as hard, then we wouldn't have this problem.

yermom
5/11/2007, 01:04 PM
If you are here illegally, you should not be allowed citizenship, period. That's my take.

i'd agree with that, i guess i don't think illegals getting married should matter, but if they have visas or whatever it seems like it's a waste of time and money to do all the checks they do

Turd_Ferguson
5/11/2007, 01:15 PM
Even though I'm married now and ave a baby.
I had no idea your were from the UK.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/11/2007, 01:18 PM
Yeah, I'm a little close to this. My brother married an Aussie. Before they married, they had an immigration lawyer, planned everything out, had all the paperwork and stuff. She already had a visa (i.e. she was legal) because she was a nurse (or Sister as they say in Australia and an operating room is a theater) and was here on a special nurse visa. They had everything planned even to when they could go back to Australia for a wedding ceremony there.

Do it legal, they went through the hoops. Why should others get special treatment for breaking the rules?

OU4LIFE
5/11/2007, 01:24 PM
I had no idea your were from the UK.

tis true guvna.

OU4LIFE
5/11/2007, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I'm a little close to this. My brother married an Aussie. Before they married, they had an immigration lawyer, planned everything out, had all the paperwork and stuff. She already had a visa (i.e. she was legal) because she was a nurse (or Sister as they say in Australia and an operating room is a theater) and was here on a special nurse visa. They had everything planned even to when they could go back to Australia for a wedding ceremony there.

Do it legal, they went through the hoops. Why should others get special treatment for breaking the rules?

and welcome to America. The people that try to do things the right way get so bogged down in bureaucratical bull**** that it makes it damned near ipmossible for honest people to get anything done.

these people (illegals) don't want anything to DO with the law until it's time to get out of the country, then they want help.

Vaevictis
5/11/2007, 01:35 PM
I'd like to see them fine the **** out of the wife for harboring an illegal, too.

jeremy885
5/11/2007, 01:47 PM
I think it should

Why? It takes around five years to get citizenship this way.

Turd_Ferguson
5/11/2007, 01:52 PM
Why? It takes around five years to get citizenship this way.
Good things come to those who wait.

Taxman71
5/11/2007, 02:07 PM
Moral of the story: don't let your daughter work in a leather tooling shop.

RFH Shakes
5/11/2007, 02:13 PM
I just wish white people worked half as hard, then we wouldn't have this problem.

Take away their welfare checks. They'll work.

85Sooner
5/11/2007, 02:16 PM
Ship em all back. Simple as that.

bonkuba
5/11/2007, 04:30 PM
Take away their welfare checks. They'll work.

MUCH SPEK!!!!!!!!:D

CORNholio
5/11/2007, 08:19 PM
I don't give a ****e if messicans are moving here. Good for them. Just don't let them be able to apply for anything the gov't offers to it's CITIZENS who pay taxes. And if they're here to commit crime (I don't care if it's jaywalking) ship them out and bar them for life. But what's wrong with them coming here to do something like put saddles together?

soonerboomer93
5/11/2007, 08:38 PM

my friend did something similar. They had the visa for her to come, and then Married her in the US. She had her green card in about 6 months after the marriage. They key was that she legally entered the country.