PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Texas Fans

mithrandir2398
5/11/2007, 10:13 AM
I live in Dallas. I drive a truck with an Oklahoma license plate. I have an OU sticker on my car. My OU sticker is an upside down longhorn. I hate the University of Texas and am proud of it.

Some people say that OSU is my rival. To me, OSU is like a little brother. They want to be exactly like you when they grow up, they want to be better than you are more than you will ever know, sometimes they win, but they are usually no competition unless you play like crap. I see this same relationship for Texas and Texas A&M, with A&M being the little brother. My rival is Texas. I hate Texas more than any other thing in my life except for USC. If those two teams could pull a Marshall into each other, I would not be too chuffed about it.

Every Texas fan I have ever met (and there have been a lot, more since I moved to Dallas), when asked who they hate, guess what? It's not A&M, its us.

Which brings me to the point of this little diatribe. The other day when I went out to my car (which, if you will remember is decorated with my OU flare - the upside down longhorn sticker) I had a note waiting for me. The handwriting shows that it was written by a woman. I think that the actual text shows that she is a new fan or just an idiot.

Below, I have rewritten the text in case you can't read it. This is yet one more reason that I hate the University of Texas - their fan's don't even know who hates them. Do I have a cow skull with broken horns anywhere on my truck? NO!! Does it say anywhere on my truck that I would like to marry my sister? NO!! Does it look like I want to do a thousand different hand gestures and stances during a game, b/c I think it will give me an edge for god knows what reason? NO!! Then why would I be an Aggie? I hate Texas.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa158/mithrandir2398/img010.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa158/mithrandir2398/img009.jpg

Well, aren't you clever! Thanks for putting money in UT's coffer. We love it how you shou your UT envy with your downward horns & your sawed off horns, etc. Only thing is, we think it's hilarious & not all that offensive. Know why you never see upside down A&M stickers on our cars? Because its better to be proud of one's own school than it is to try & knock someone else's school. Pass on the message goofy Aggie!

Fraggle145
5/11/2007, 10:17 AM
UT Broads are idiots.

http://www.aggiemoms.org/pages/traditions/images/gigem_big.jpg

Osce0la
5/11/2007, 10:19 AM
heh...well, at least they're good for a laugh or two...

StuIsTheMan
5/11/2007, 10:21 AM
It was this chick...

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/6741/jan17sfw10tb0.jpg (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/)

Tailwind
5/11/2007, 10:24 AM
How the hell did you ever de-code that mess?

mithrandir2398
5/11/2007, 10:34 AM
How the hell did you ever de-code that mess?

I had to kind of guess at some of the words. I saw it and thought that it was a ticket at first and then I started cracking up.

Fraggle145
5/11/2007, 10:38 AM
http://sjl-static9.sjl.youtube.com/vi/xbYyqRt5Zn8/2.jpg

What it is big mamma, my mamma didn't raise no dummy, I dug her rap.

frankensooner
5/11/2007, 10:40 AM
You better be careful around here, the whole upside down whorn thing ain't to popular round these parts. ;)

SoonerStormchaser
5/11/2007, 10:57 AM
Cut me some slack Jack!

Jive don't wan no help, jive don't get no help. Jive ain't got no brains anyhow!

yermom
5/11/2007, 11:50 AM
you see, the thing is, if you bought a wh0rn sticker, you are paying licensing fees to UT

not to mention most of them are orange, i ****ing hate orange

imjebus
5/11/2007, 12:19 PM
I wouldn't put anykind of longhorns on my car even if they were upside down.

mithrandir2398
5/11/2007, 12:19 PM
I hate orange as well, but it incites anger in people and every time I look at it I get ****ed.

As to the money to Texas situation, I am not paying them any money - technically. The business that I went to already paid out the money for sticker and the sticker manufacturer paid the licensing fee, so I put no money to Texas. The Manufacturer paid them already and the store I bought it from paid the Manufacturer to help keep that guy's business alive. Then I will pay the store to help them keep up. This is how I plan on justifying it in my mind when the need arises to get a new one (this one is a bit faded).

Either that or I just steal it or something like that. I could just follow a Texas fan who already bought one, kick the crap out of him for wearing orange (incites anger remember) and then steal his sticker.

yermom
5/11/2007, 12:21 PM
the stolen sticker is acceptable

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2007, 12:51 PM
i think upside down horn stickers are moronic

we play 11 other teams every year.......they say we're obsessed with them.....i'd say there's plenty of evidence that a large part of our fanbase is indeed obsessed

you'll NEVER find longhorn ANYTHING on my car

MamaMia
5/11/2007, 01:06 PM
My car is all OU too. My license plate is even personalized with my name ending in ***4OU on it. I wont buy any Texas horns to turn upside down. I don't even show the upside down horn hand gesture unless they do the upright one to me. I think it ought to be illegal to sell longhorn paraphernalia in the state of Oklahoma, but as long as its still legal, I guess you have the right to display whatever you want, in whatever manner you like.

frankensooner
5/11/2007, 01:07 PM
Not even a longhorn cheerleader? ;)

SoonerGirl06
5/11/2007, 01:08 PM
Whorns are the worst drivers down here. They have noooo concept of what a blinker stands for.

None. Nada. Nilch.

dolemitesooner
5/11/2007, 01:26 PM
the stolen sticker is acceptable
What about a magnet?

yermom
5/11/2007, 01:27 PM
also acceptable

dolemitesooner
5/11/2007, 01:29 PM
also acceptable
What about mooning texas fans...I heard from some one that you and some friends were doing that one time

dolemitesooner
5/11/2007, 01:29 PM
Hey if you live in Dallas why is your location Norman

mithrandir2398
5/11/2007, 01:32 PM
havent changed it in a long time

Vaevictis
5/11/2007, 01:32 PM
As to the money to Texas situation, I am not paying them any money - technically. The business that I went to already paid out the money for sticker and the sticker manufacturer paid the licensing fee, so I put no money to Texas. The Manufacturer paid them already and the store I bought it from paid the Manufacturer to help keep that guy's business alive. Then I will pay the store to help them keep up. This is how I plan on justifying it in my mind when the need arises to get a new one (this one is a bit faded).

Garbage. Your demand (in part) is what causes the sticker manufacturer to license the trademark, what causes the store to order the sticker, and a certain percentage of your purchase goes to UT.

Either that or I just steal it or something like that. I could just follow a Texas fan who already bought one, kick the crap out of him for wearing orange (incites anger remember) and then steal his sticker.

Stealing is not really a solution, because it will probably just prompt the original purchaser to purchase another.

The correct answer is to make your own. :D

mithrandir2398
5/11/2007, 01:41 PM
What about going into the Lion's den and stealing one from the UT bookstore?

Hey if you live in Dallas why is your location Norman
Changed

silverwheels
5/11/2007, 01:45 PM
We might as well change our logo to the upside down steer. Hell, we should change the name of our state to "Texas" upside down. That would be cool. That'll show those jerks.

Vaevictis
5/11/2007, 01:46 PM
Hmm.

Actually, that one would represent a net loss for UT. So I suppose it's acceptable.

In fact, that gets bonus style points.

mithrandir2398
5/11/2007, 01:50 PM
Hmm.

Actually, that one would represent a net loss for UT. So I suppose it's acceptable.

In fact, that gets bonus style points.

Nice, that is now my mission for the year.