PDA

View Full Version : I have a cyst

Melo
5/11/2007, 12:18 AM
Up my nose. A follicular cyst, apparently.

Ive had my nostril pierced for about a month now. Over the last few days, my third nose hole randomly started oozing a little bit, and bleeding. :D

So now, twice a day, for 5 minutes each time, I have to massage my nose with hot water mixed with sea salt.

Just in case anyone was interested. :)

SicEmBaylor
5/11/2007, 12:20 AM

Ive had my nostril pierced for about a month now. Over the last few days, my third nose hole randomly started oozing a little bit, and bleeding. :D

So now, twice a day, for 5 minutes each time, I have to massage my nose with hot water mixed with sea salt.

This is what happens when you take those two holes in your nose that God gave you and multiply them.

SoonerGirl06
5/11/2007, 12:21 AM
OUCH!

Makes my eyes water just thinking about it!

Melo
5/11/2007, 12:23 AM
This is what happens when you take those two holes in your nose that God gave you and multiply them.

I made them do it. :D

Its not actually anything bad. So I am not too worried about it. The worse part about the whole thing, is going into the tat/piercing shop and having the piercer girl stick her finger up my nose to feel around. Talk about places that are not explored too often by other peoples fingers...

Dont read into that.

SicEmBaylor
5/11/2007, 12:24 AM
Talk about places that are not explored too often by other peoples fingers...
Well then can you PLEASE talk about the areas that are often explored by other people's fingers?

SicEmBaylor
5/11/2007, 12:31 AM
*taps fingers*

King Crimson
5/11/2007, 12:31 AM
Well then can you PLEASE talk about the areas that are often explored by other people's fingers?

too easy. :texan:

pb4ou
5/11/2007, 12:35 AM

Down Boy!!!!
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2299/sicemtonguejm7.png (http://imageshack.us)

yermom
5/11/2007, 12:40 AM

1TC, this is your cue

Melo
5/11/2007, 12:44 AM

*GASP!!!!*

There are no places that are explored by others peoples fingers! ;)

:D

SicEmBaylor
5/11/2007, 12:46 AM
*GASP!!!!*

There are no places that are explored by others peoples fingers! ;)

Then talk about where YOUR fin..eh hell nevermind.

Melo
5/11/2007, 12:49 AM
Okay, enough of that.

Anyways, back to me. :D

SoonerGirl06
5/11/2007, 12:50 AM
I'm tempted to do a threadjacking. ;) :D

yermom
5/11/2007, 12:51 AM
I'm tempted to do a threadjacking. ;) :D

SicEm started to, but i think he's already finished

pb4ou
5/11/2007, 12:52 AM
heh

SicEmBaylor
5/11/2007, 12:52 AM
SicEm started to, but i think he's already finished
I'm spent.

pb4ou
5/11/2007, 12:53 AM
your sig makes that statement even funnier

SoonerGirl06
5/11/2007, 01:02 AM
I'm trying to copy a CD then send some of the songs via e-mail.

I used to be able to do that no prob... but now I can't figure it out.

Damn Windows Media Player! :(

SicEmBaylor
5/11/2007, 01:03 AM
I'm trying to copy a CD then send some of the songs via e-mail.

I used to be able to do that no prob... but now I can't figure it out.

Damn Windows Media Player! :(

Are you having problems with the burning part or the e-mailing part?

soonerboomer93
5/11/2007, 01:05 AM
Okay, enough of that.

Anyways, back to me. :D

actually, i don't think the subject ever left you

it just left your nose...

SoonerGirl06
5/11/2007, 01:13 AM
Are you having problems with the burning part or the e-mailing part?

Kinda both...

I don't want to save it in Window Media Player. I want to save it in my music folder under My Documents. But for some reason or another I can't do that anymore... I used to be able to.

I can't figure out how to e-mail the songs from the Windows Media Player Library.

Grrrrr.....

soonerboomer93
5/11/2007, 01:15 AM
um go to tools ---> options ---> rip music

you can set where your files will be saved...

SoonerGirl06
5/11/2007, 01:16 AM
I've done the rip music part... but I didn't realize there was the option of where I could save it.

I'll try that... Thanks!

SoonerGirl06
5/11/2007, 01:19 AM
Oooo Cool! That worked! Thanks!

Okla-homey
5/11/2007, 06:03 AM

My my, doesn't that sound attractive?

If you take out the hardware now, it will heal over and after a while, no one will ever be able to tell you ever fell for the piercing fad and instead, you are a mature individual who doesn't fall for such pop culture trends.

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2007, 06:39 AM
I made them do it. :D

Its not actually anything bad. So I am not too worried about it. The worse part about the whole thing, is going into the tat/piercing shop and having the piercer girl stick her finger up my nose to feel around. Talk about places that are not explored too often by other peoples fingers...

Dont read into that.

seems like a doctors office might be a better place than a tat/piercing shop to have somebody looking at your nose.....

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/11/2007, 06:52 AM
seems like a doctors office might be a better place than a tat/piercing shop to have somebody looking at your nose.....Why pay a copay to have an ENT pick your nose when the piercer/tat girl can do it for free?

sanantoniosooner
5/11/2007, 07:40 AM
Did you mention if it was a side hole or a center hole?

Not that I care for either.

Howzit
5/11/2007, 09:33 AM
seems like a doctors office might be a better place than a tat/piercing shop to have somebody looking at your nose.....

Well that's just crazy talk.

crawfish
5/11/2007, 09:45 AM
I've heard it's best to drain the cyst with a rubber hose.

C&CDean
5/11/2007, 09:54 AM
There is absolutely nothing in this world less attractive than a facial piercing. NOTHING. Eyebrows, nose, lips, tongue, face, wherever. You look like a complete ****ing idiot who couldn't make a rational decision if your life depended on it. Rational people do not punch holes in their ****ing face and hang baubles off of them. WTF is wrong with people who **** up their faces like this?

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2007, 09:56 AM
they're just keeping it "real"

Tailwind
5/11/2007, 09:58 AM
Yeah....real ugly. ;)

C&CDean
5/11/2007, 09:58 AM
You forgot real stupid.

King Crimson
5/11/2007, 09:59 AM
one of the great nonsensical rock lyrics ever is pavement's "stereo":

focus on the quasar in the mist, the kaiser has a cyst....

yermom
5/11/2007, 10:22 AM
meh, it's not like piercings are some new thing

they can still be tasteful when they aren't overdone...

dolemitesooner
5/11/2007, 10:24 AM
There is absolutely nothing in this world less attractive than a facial piercing. NOTHING. Eyebrows, nose, lips, tongue, face, wherever. You look like a complete ****ing idiot who couldn't make a rational decision if your life depended on it. Rational people do not punch holes in their ****ing face and hang baubles off of them. WTF is wrong with people who **** up their faces like this?
Sometimes dean says what I am thinking

dolemitesooner
5/11/2007, 10:26 AM
Then talk about where YOUR fin..eh hell nevermind.
WOW

C&CDean
5/11/2007, 10:29 AM
meh, it's not like piercings are some new thing

they can still be tasteful when they aren't overdone...

Uh, wrong?

There's nothing "tasteful" about it. Seriously, when I hear some chick going "canth I helpth thoo?" cause of a big ball of lead on her tongue, or see those little ****ants running around with balls and pins through their eyebrows or lips or ears I think "does that person know how pathetic they actually look?". Gauged ears? C'mon, unless you're an African-African who does it for religious purposes you are a ****ing nimrod. And don't even get me started on titty/belly button/snatch piercings either.

dolemitesooner
5/11/2007, 10:30 AM
Uh, wrong?

There's nothing "tasteful" about it. Seriously, when I hear some chick going "canth I helpth thoo?" cause of a big ball of lead on her tongue, or see those little ****ants running around with balls and pins through their eyebrows or lips or ears I think "does that person know how pathetic they actually look?". Gauged ears? C'mon, unless you're an African-African who does it for religious purposes you are a ****ing nimrod. And don't even get me started on titty/belly button/snatch piercings either.
Lets hear about these "snatch piercings", and what in the heck would you know about them.

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2007, 10:32 AM
yeah those belly rings are awful.........not sexy AT ALL

yermom
5/11/2007, 10:33 AM
i said tasteful, i mean the gauged ears a bit much, especially since they are obvious after removal

they are sometimes less of a commitment than a tattoo...

but i know about your strange relationship with those ;)

C&CDean
5/11/2007, 10:35 AM
Lets hear about these "snatch piercings", and what in the heck would you know about them.

Well grasshopper, the "snatch" is just a technical term for female genitalia. You know, the part of a girl's body where pee pee comes out? I know this is hard for you to understand, but some girls actually pierce their genitalia and stick little rings or chains through them.

What do I know about them? I know that the only people I've met (in real life) who have their snatch pierced are extremely whacked out people. I'll have to tell you the story sometime about the tattoo shop chick in Monterey, California. She'd have made a fine addition to Charlie Manson's family.

dolemitesooner
5/11/2007, 10:36 AM
i said tasteful, i mean the gauged ears a bit much, especially since they are obvious after removal

they are sometimes less of a commitment than a tattoo...

but i know about your strange relationship with those ;)
[Dean Impression]

There is nothing tasteful about the ****ing things nothing. they are even less tasteful than putting your arm up a cows *** just to see whats up there and I did that yesterday. Ohh and they are a ****ing commitment, a commitment to ****ing put a hole in your face. Hell you might as well come over to my compound and let my shoot you in face face from 25 yards with a shot gun with bird load.

[Dean Impression]

SicEmBaylor
5/11/2007, 10:37 AM
I'm in agreement with Dean.

dolemitesooner
5/11/2007, 10:38 AM
Well grasshopper, the "snatch" is just a technical term for female genitalia. You know, the part of a girl's body where pee pee comes out? I know this is hard for you to understand, but some girls actually pierce their genitalia and stick little rings or chains through them.

What do I know about them? I know that the only people I've met (in real life) who have their snatch pierced are extremely whacked out people. I'll have to tell you the story sometime about the tattoo shop chick in Monterey, California. She'd have made a fine addition to Charlie Manson's family.
I know what the **** a snatch is jackhole I was being a smartass.

Monterey California....I am writing this down be ready to tell said story.

C&CDean

Gosh, I'm touched.

SicEmBaylor
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m242/pimpingyourspace/Funny_Myspace_Images/images/piercing_queen.jpg

MMMM, sexy!

dolemitesooner
5/11/2007, 10:39 AM
This coming from a guy who in another thread was hitting on a chick with piercings asking what "holes" in her body hers or others fingers have been in.:cool:

SicEmBaylor
5/11/2007, 10:39 AM
This coming from a guy who in another thread was hitting on a chick with piercings asking what "holes" in her body hers or others fingers have been in.:cool:
Actually, it was this thread.

dolemitesooner
5/11/2007, 10:40 AM
Ohh yeah

SicEmBaylor
5/11/2007, 10:41 AM
I'm going back to bed until the dude with the Xbox gives me a call at noon, hopefully...

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2007, 10:42 AM
you'll have to excuse Dole - he's a little ADD at times ;)

i agree on the face piercings......as well as the snatch and nipples - just dont get all of that

but i dont have any issues with the navel piercing

dolemitesooner
5/11/2007, 10:42 AM
I'm going back to bed until the dude with the Xbox gives me a call at noon, hopefully...
TIP for the day.....try not to ask any girls you are with in the next couple of days ..."what HOLES IN THIER BODIES fingers have be in. OK :)

dolemitesooner
5/11/2007, 10:43 AM
you'll have to excuse Dole - he's a little ADD at times ;)

i agree on the face piercings......as well as the snatch and nipples - just dont get all of that

sO YOU TOO HAVE SEEN THESE...SNATCH PEIRCINGS IN THE RL

C&CDean
5/11/2007, 10:44 AM

Yeah, me either....other than it makes a chick look like a whore.

dolemitesooner
WHORES ARE HAWT

jk the sooner fan
yes actually i have seen a snatch piercing in real life......however it was "on the job", so it was rather clinical

Tailwind
5/11/2007, 11:16 AM
You forgot real stupid.
That too. :D

crawfish
5/11/2007, 11:17 AM
Uh, wrong?

I'm sure she'll consider this the next time she's interested in turning you on. :texan:

SicEmBaylor
5/11/2007, 11:22 AM
TIP for the day.....try not to ask any girls you are with in the next couple of days ..."what HOLES IN THIER BODIES fingers have be in. OK :)
The chances are that I won't be talking to ANY girls the next couple of days.

soonerboy_odanorth
5/11/2007, 11:25 AM
[Dean Impression]

There is nothing tasteful about the ****ing things nothing. they are even less tasteful than putting your arm up a cows *** just to see whats up there and I did that yesterday. Ohh and they are a ****ing commitment, a commitment to ****ing put a hole in your face. Hell you might as well come over to my compound and let my shoot you in face face from 25 yards with a shot gun with bird load.

[Dean Impression]

... and, uhh, I'm in agreement with Dean Impression. I hope we can have a few beers together at the next tailgate.... uhhh, where am I again?.....

mutter, mutter....

C&CDean
5/11/2007, 11:25 AM
I'm sure she'll consider this the next time she's interested in turning you on. :texan:

Wha?? I'm pretty sure that people who pierce themselves ain't doing it to turn anybody on. They're doing it because somewhere in their immature mind they think it's groovy. They think they're being a rebel. They think they're on the leading edge of cool.

When they grow up and look back they're gonna think "gee, I sure looked dumb." Or not.

King Crimson
5/11/2007, 11:27 AM
The chances are that I won't be talking to ANY girls the next couple of days.

i thought you were going back to bed? shouldn't you be reading Francis Fukayama or something? :D

SicEmBaylor
5/11/2007, 11:29 AM
i thought you were going back to bed? shouldn't you be reading Francis Fukayama or something? :D
I couldn't go back to sleep.

dolemitesooner
5/11/2007, 11:57 AM
... and, uhh, I'm in agreement with Dean Impression. I hope we can have a few beers together at the next tailgate.... uhhh, where am I again?.....

mutter, mutter....

?:confused: Are you talking to me or dean...I have I met you?

yermom
5/11/2007, 11:57 AM
it's a trap

dolemitesooner
5/11/2007, 11:59 AM
it's a trap

soonerboy_odanorth
5/11/2007, 12:16 PM
:confused:
?:confused: Are you talking to me or dean...I have I met you?

:confused: :confused: :confused: No... no... I think I've met the doleo...

And I know one Dean of the C&C variety that I've met at teh tailzgates.....

But it's this Dean Impression I'm interested in bumpin' into. I likes his style... :D

dolemitesooner
5/11/2007, 12:17 PM
:confused:

:confused: :confused: :confused: No... no... I think I've met the doleo...

And I know one Dean of the C&C variety that I've met at teh tailzgates.....

But it's this Dean Impression I'm interested in bumpin' into. I likes his style... :D
Count me in as lost in space

Melo
5/11/2007, 01:32 PM
Well, I guess I'm just a ****ing moron and a ****ing nimrod.

For the record, just in case Dean actually, oh, I dont know... CARED - No where in my immature brain am I thinking my nose and ear peircings are 'cool' 'leading edge' or 'rebellious'. I didnt get them to obtain 'a look' or give off any kind of impression. I like how they look and I dont think they are too over the top. I know that at any time, I can remove them all, and they will heal over.

And actually, when I read **** like that, I am even more disgusted with people. What about me makes me a ****ing moron? The fact that I have a tiny, unobtrusive hole through my nose? Yes, yes, by all means, disregard COMPLETELY everything else I am doing with my life. I LOVE to be thrown into groups with other idiots based off of one, stupid fact.

dolemitesooner
5/11/2007, 01:36 PM

For the record, just in case Dean actually, oh, I dont know... CARED - No where in my immature brain am I thinking my nose and ear peircings are 'cool' 'leading edge' or 'rebellious'. I didnt get them to obtain 'a look' or give off any kind of impression. I like how they look and I dont think they are too over the top. I know that at any time, I can remove them all, and they will heal over.

And actually, when I read **** like that, I am even more disgusted with people. What about me makes me a ****ing moron? The fact that I have a tiny, unobtrusive hole through my nose? Yes, yes, by all means, disregard COMPLETELY everything else I am doing with my life. I LOVE to be thrown into groups with other idiots based off of one, stupid fact.

Well birds of a feather do flock together.:D

C&CDean
5/11/2007, 01:46 PM

I rest my case.

And I've got 5 kids somewhere around your age. Just consider me another ******* who doesn't care about kids, you know, like your dad. Hate em'. Every single one of them.

And one other thing. It ain't sounding much like this little hole in your face is "unobtrusive" to me. You've got a cyst, you've got nasty people sticking their fingers in your bodily orifices because of it, you have something in your face that makes people go "damn, why would a pretty girl go and **** up her own face like that?", and now you've got a case of the *** with me because I'm calling you on it. That's not really unobtrusive is it?

SoonerGirl06
5/11/2007, 01:57 PM
Well birds of a feather do flock together.:D

Is anybody else as shocked as I am that doleo can actually spell?

King Crimson
5/11/2007, 02:04 PM
nose and ear piercing don't really mean she got her forehead pierced. pretty common.

what case? because Dean, you change the subject of Melo's post which you quote, to your own concern for yer kids. and no one will deny. but, Melo has a life and deserves to live it. and articulates what she's about pretty well....IMO.

C&CDean
5/11/2007, 02:12 PM
nose and ear piercing don't really mean she got her forehead pierced. pretty common.

what case? because Dean, you change the subject of Melo's post which you quote, to your own concern for yer kids. and no one will deny. but, Melo has a life and deserves to live it. and articulates what she's about pretty well....IMO.

Dude, I think Melo articulates what she's about pretty well too. My own kids are extremely intelligent/articulate/etc. - but just like Melo, they make these types of decisions from time-to-time that makes you go "are you really the fruit of my loins?"

And you're making me do the whole Boulder thing again amigo. Up in your neck of the woods, nose/ear piercing is pretty common. Out in Lexington, U.S.A., it ain't. And either way, it just simply isn't attractive. Do you know anyone who is pretty without a piercing - but becomes prettier with one? I don't. They're distracting. Especially on a first-impression dealio. When I go in a store or something and the person helping me is pierced up my first impression is............loser.

Just like when people first meet me and they see tattoos, a scowl, and they think "biker scum loser ex-con." To which I get very indignant because I've never actually been to prison.......

IB4OU2
5/11/2007, 02:24 PM

Hey Melo, just ask Dean about the time he got his taint pierced by a railroad spike......:D

C&CDean
5/11/2007, 02:26 PM
Hey Melo, just ask Dean about the time he got his taint pierced by a railroad spike......:D

Sir Steve, how was your birthday? Did you kill a turkey? And never you mind about my taint. Besides, it didn't get "pierced." It got "concaved."

IB4OU2
5/11/2007, 02:43 PM
Sir Steve, how was your birthday? Did you kill a turkey? And never you mind about my taint. Besides, it didn't get "pierced." It got "concaved."

Birthday was good Buddy, the youngest daughter graduated from college and I did'nt get to go turkey hunting this year. Did you get one?

C&CDean
5/11/2007, 04:19 PM
Birthday was good Buddy, the youngest daughter graduated from college and I did'nt get to go turkey hunting this year. Did you get one?

Everybody got one this year. All between 8-10" beards. My brother killed his at 160 yards with my .22-250. Perfect neck shot.

My place is covered up with deer and turkey. It's been an incredible year.

StoopTroup
5/11/2007, 04:33 PM
Melo...

The nasal area is an area of the face that Doctors call "The Dangerous Triangle". Any cyst or infection in that area can be very serious as you can easily develop a BRAIN ABSCESS.

Not only is it not a good idea to have piercings in that area...it's also not a good idea to pluck nasal hairs either.

Also...I gave blood today to the Red Cross. They now are asking if you've had any piercings in the last 12 months. Evidently there is a possibility that you can be exposed to some sort of communicable disease.

But if you wish to think it's no big deal...

Go ahead...

I think your smarter than that....

I'd go see a Doctor if it was me.

http://medinfo.ufl.edu/year2/mmid/bms5300/images/b17.jpg

soonerboy_odanorth
5/11/2007, 04:41 PM
...it's also not a good idea to pluck nasal hairs either.

CAA-RRRAAAAAAAPPPP!!!!!!

You mean I actually have to break down and buy a stinkin' nose hair trimmer!?!??!

'Course this brain abcess might explain my odd suddenly violent board behavior when I went all crazygonuts on KC in the real estate thread....(Sorry again, KC!)

Gotta go floss my skull now...

with beer....

mmmmmmm......beeeeeeeeer.......

Melo
5/12/2007, 12:15 AM
Melo...

The nasal area is an area of the face that Doctors call "The Dangerous Triangle". Any cyst or infection in that area can be very serious as you can easily develop a BRAIN ABSCESS.

Not only is it not a good idea to have piercings in that area...it's also not a good idea to pluck nasal hairs either.

Also...I gave blood today to the Red Cross. They now are asking if you've had any piercings in the last 12 months. Evidently there is a possibility that you can be exposed to some sort of communicable disease.

But if you wish to think it's no big deal...

Go ahead...

I think your smarter than that....

I'd go see a Doctor if it was me.

The woman I went to who told me that it was probably a cyst told me about the abscesses and things. She gave me lots of information on what the symptoms are, what to look for, etc. She did, however, say that it looked like it wasnt anything serious. She also gave me the phone number, and told me to call if ANYTHING changed, symptom wise, but for now, it didnt look to be anything other than an infected nose hair follicle thing. Im not touching it without washed hands, and cleaning it several times a day.

You cant donate blood OR give plasma if you have had piercings or tattoos in the last 12 months, UNLESS you have documentation from the tattooing/piercing establishments of their health inspection/certificate/things. Ive already researched into that. My boy does the plasma thing.

Its stopped bleeding and oozing... so I am taking hat s a good sign. The swelling has even gone down a tiny bit. I think everything will be okay. I promise, though, if ANYTHING gets worse, Ill go to the doc.

proud gonzo
5/12/2007, 01:04 AM

And actually, when I read **** like that, I am even more disgusted with people. What about me makes me a ****ing moron? The fact that I have a tiny, unobtrusive hole through my nose? Yes, yes, by all means, disregard COMPLETELY everything else I am doing with my life. I LOVE to be thrown into groups with other idiots based off of one, stupid fact.you mean like how you throw every girl who has sex before marriage into the "whore" group?

Okla-homey
5/12/2007, 07:02 AM
<melo>I LOVE to be thrown into groups with other idiots based off of one, stupid fact.<melo>

It's a fact of life. That's the way the world works. Unfortunate perhaps, but people get labeled based on appearance and personal characteristics.

In the case of face holes in addition to the ones God put there (and a single ear piercing in each ear lobe in the case of wimmens,) most people conclude the bearer of those holes to be some sort of vapid, recalcitrant loser.

I think it's been that way for about 500 jillion years. Didn't you get the memo?