PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow I get to pick out the cow I'm going to eat

1stTimeCaller
5/9/2007, 10:09 PM
I bought half of a beef from my buddy Cody and I also get to go with him tomorrow to load up the cows and take them to the packing plant in Meunster, TX. I'm going to name mine before it goes to the slaughterhouse. I'm also going to show it my beer belly so it will know where it will end up.

He had sold the steers and I ended up with a heiffer so I'm gonna name it Pat.

yermom
5/9/2007, 10:15 PM
that one looks delicious!

Mongo
5/9/2007, 10:17 PM
Dibs on the udders!!

1stTimeCaller
5/9/2007, 10:23 PM
Dibs on the udders!!
just buy some Trojans.

olevetonahill
5/9/2007, 10:26 PM
Thot you did that at the bar a few weeks ago :pop:

Mongo
5/9/2007, 10:26 PM
Are they gonna let you give the death blow to her?

1stTimeCaller
5/9/2007, 10:34 PM
I hope so

olevetonahill
5/9/2007, 10:36 PM
I hope so
You want to BLOW a cow ?

SoonerGirl06
5/9/2007, 10:39 PM
If I ever get a cow I'm naming it T-Bone.

OUAndy1807
5/9/2007, 10:55 PM
how much is a side of beef these days? I've been trying to talk the little lady into it, but she's not hip.

olevetonahill
5/9/2007, 10:57 PM
how much is a side of beef these days? I've been trying to talk the little lady into it, but she's not hip.
Is that a trick ?

1stTimeCaller
5/9/2007, 10:58 PM
You want to BLOW a cow ?
don't knock it until you've tried it.

King Crimson
5/9/2007, 10:58 PM
we had a meat freezer and a meat smoker when i was a kid. we ate some good beef and pork in the state of Oklahoma. quail and pheasant too.

we had a sides of ribs and whole side of beef in there too.

****ing a. a good burger is tough to find in Colorado. they act if the beef is "never frozen" it's worth 9 bucks. and fries. fries suck in Colorado. BBQ, forget about it. slathered with "sauce" does not a BBQ make...

royalfan5
5/9/2007, 10:59 PM
I'd buy a steer, cows tend to be stringy which why they end up at McDonalds or as lunch meet after being culled.

Shamrock
5/9/2007, 10:59 PM

The first calf born on my property was a bull (later ... a steer) that I named "Dinner" .... the next two were named "Lunch" and "Brunch" ....

olevetonahill
5/9/2007, 11:01 PM
don't knock it until you've tried it.
Guess I anit Man enough to blow a cow , hell Dean sticks his whole arm up in em .

MamaMia
5/9/2007, 11:04 PM
I could never eat something who's eyes I looked into. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/iced22.gif

I think God is trying to tell me that my particular body type may be in serious need of a purely vegetarian diet and He is using my newfound knowledge of Melamine as my wake up call, and 1stTimeCaller as His messenger of confirmation. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/pray.gif

goingoneight
5/9/2007, 11:04 PM
I did that a few years ago and named it "Bevo." :D

That was some good eatin' up at the lake for my party!

SoonerGirl06
5/9/2007, 11:06 PM
I could never eat something who's eyes I looked into. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/iced22.gif

Same reason I could never eat a Lobster. There's just something about those beady little eyes staring back at you that gives me the shivers.

olevetonahill
5/9/2007, 11:06 PM
Mom , just poke its eyes out , then you dont look into em cause they be all ugly an stuff !

olevetonahill
5/9/2007, 11:07 PM
Same reason I could never eat a Lobster. There's just something about those beady little eyes staring back at you that gives me the shivers.
What ? you an Mom never caught a fish , cleaned it and ate it ?

goingoneight
5/9/2007, 11:08 PM

I think God is trying to tell me that my particular body type may be in serious need of a purely vegetarian diet and He is using my newfound knowledge of Melamine as my wake up call, and 1stTimeCaller as His messenger of confirmation. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/pray.gif

... or maybe he's inviting you to 1TC's barbecue, no??? :D

SoonerGirl06
5/9/2007, 11:08 PM
Mom , just poke its eyes out , then you dont look into em cause they be all ugly an stuff !

That reminds me of the time we had to disect the eyes of a cow in Biology. That was just soooo gross!

SoonerGirl06
5/9/2007, 11:10 PM

I've caught fish... lot's of 'em. But I've never cleaned one.

I have this thing about touching a fish.

GottaHavePride
5/9/2007, 11:19 PM

Fish is ok. Lobsters are giant insects. I'm not about to eat filet of cockroach either - lobsters are just great big ocean cockroaches with pointy arms.

goingoneight
5/9/2007, 11:24 PM
Fish is ok. Lobsters are giant insects. I'm not about to eat filet of cockroach either - lobsters are just great big ocean cockroaches with pointy arms.

:meat:

yermom
5/9/2007, 11:26 PM
That reminds me of the time we had to disect the eyes of a cow in Biology. That was just soooo gross!

brain and liver grossed me out the most, those were porcine though

MamaMia
5/9/2007, 11:27 PM
Same reason I could never eat a Lobster. There's just something about those beady little eyes staring back at you that gives me the shivers.If I ever get a lobster, I'm naming it Les Miles.

King Crimson
5/10/2007, 12:00 AM

this is pretty much true. and EVEN more true about shrimp.

99% of the shrimp you will get ANYWHERE is frozen in bricks--there are a 36 or 64 count shrimp per item, per cut specifications--pre frozen box--while you still pay for weight. they are the cockroaches of the sea. you pay out the *** at a restaurant cost for fresh shrimp. what you might get at a store is probably 250%.

same with chicken breasts (which at most places are pressed meats machine cut into a breast "shape"). yer getting ripped off. machine cut meats is really sick to see.

Blue
5/10/2007, 12:11 AM
Then I love me some sea cockroaches. Skrimp and lobsters are gooood.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/10/2007, 12:46 AM
Then I love me some sea cockroaches. Skrimp and lobsters are gooood.They are sure some 'spensive insects.

olevetonahill
5/10/2007, 12:59 AM
If its ded Ill eat it If it aint ded Ill kill it then eat it
well there is one thing I like to eat alive :D

GottaHavePride
5/10/2007, 01:10 AM
Heh. 1tc gets to meet the meat.

The waiter approached. "Would you like to see the menu?" he said, "or would you like to meet the Dish of the Day?" "Huh?" said Ford. "Huh?" said Arthur. "Huh?" said Trillian. "That's cool," said Zaphod, "we'll meet the meat."

SoonerTerry
5/10/2007, 01:20 AM

I'm gonna give it a chinese name. shoon toobee teurds

Vaevictis
5/10/2007, 03:11 AM
Lobsters are giant insects.

this is pretty much true. and EVEN more true about shrimp.

(...) they are the cockroaches of the sea.

Didn't your parents ever teach you the golden rule of food? If you like it, don't ask what it's made of.

olevetonahill
5/10/2007, 03:35 AM
Didn't your parents ever teach you the golden rule of food? If you like it, don't ask what it's made of.
My Mom just told me to STFU and Eat it !:eek: :pop:

Vaevictis
5/10/2007, 04:43 AM
Heh, mine just laughed at me and said, "Well, don't eat it if you don't want to, but I bet you'll be hungry later tonight."

olevetonahill
5/10/2007, 05:37 AM
Heh, mine just laughed at me and said, "Well, don't eat it if you don't want to, but I bet you'll be hungry later tonight."
You had a nicer Mom than me ! Mine tole me Id eat it or wear it :eek:

Vaevictis
5/10/2007, 06:26 AM
Could be. It probably got the same result without any argument though. :D

I didn't like being hungry much.

King Crimson
5/10/2007, 06:46 AM

sure, i like chorizo a lot, but i don't think there is all that much too hot about shrimp. scallops for that matter too. and not overpay as well. i know what that stuff costs for restaurants. and the markup.

give me ahi tuna or yellowtail seared or sashimi, softshell crab. not shrimp if i'm going to overpay. like i said, shrimp 90% of the time comes frozen in a block or bag. and a lot of places don't even take the time to "de-vein" them; that is, cut out the poop sack.

colleyvillesooner
5/10/2007, 07:42 AM
If you play golf, take your sticks. There's a course in muenster called Turtle Hill. Fun little course, with the coolest par 3 ever. I bet it's a150 foot drop to the green with trees on your right, and a rock face on your left.

Here's a pic, but it doesn't do the drop justice. You'll hit 5 balls just to try and make it .

http://www.turtlehilllodge.com/images/hole11bg.gif

BigRedJed
5/10/2007, 07:57 AM
"Slaughterhouse Deathblow" might make a good band name. I'll wait for a ruling from BSG.

frankensooner
5/10/2007, 09:49 AM
This thread is making me hungry...;)

1stTimeCaller
5/11/2007, 12:26 AM
Well folks, we dropped Porkchop and her brother and sisters off this morning. I'll post pictures of her tomorrow. She weighed 1230 pounds. I sold half of my half to another friend.

They were all blind, it was funny watching them run into each other and other stuff.

soonerboomer93
5/11/2007, 12:41 AM
heh, try picking up a friend shrimp that's still in the shell and has the head attached. Only you didn't realize that until after you bit into it...

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/11/2007, 09:00 AM
"Slaughterhouse Deathblow" might make a good band name. I'll wait for a ruling from BSG.

Approved...

Howzit
5/11/2007, 09:02 AM
I bought half of a beef from my buddy Cody and I also get to go with him tomorrow to load up the cows and take them to the packing plant in Meunster, TX. I'm going to name mine before it goes to the slaughterhouse. I'm also going to show it my beer belly so it will know where it will end up.

You coulda shown it your bottom so it would know where it was gonig to end up after your beer belly.

If you'd wanted.

picasso
5/11/2007, 09:12 AM
we had a meat freezer and a meat smoker when i was a kid. we ate some good beef and pork in the state of Oklahoma. quail and pheasant too.

we had a sides of ribs and whole side of beef in there too.

****ing a. a good burger is tough to find in Colorado. they act if the beef is "never frozen" it's worth 9 bucks. and fries. fries suck in Colorado. BBQ, forget about it. slathered with "sauce" does not a BBQ make...
there's a dude who has a good BBQ joint on main street in Steamboat Springs, he's a Sooner grad too.

C&CDean
5/11/2007, 10:24 AM
This thread is gay.

1stTimeCaller
5/29/2007, 09:57 AM
She's now in my deep freeze. All 376 pounds of her.

toast
5/29/2007, 12:51 PM
She's now in my deep freeze. All 376 pounds of her.

yeah, that's what Czar said.