PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Situation

SoonerBorn68
5/9/2007, 08:42 PM
Since the news stations are buzzing about the 6 terrorists arrested in NJ a couple of days ago, it's got me thinking.

Say a person saw some potential terrorist activity in his/her hometown.

The scenerio:

3 Arab men are taking pictures of the courthouse & are boasting of wanting to destroy it. A person confronts them & the men run. This person then shoots them dead. The 3 men are unarmed, but automatic weapons are found in their vehicle & explosives are found in their home along with Islamofanatic literature.

Hero or villian? And, what should happen to the shooter?

Discuss.

royalfan5
5/9/2007, 08:44 PM
Are they in legal possession of the automatic weapons?

SoonerBorn68
5/9/2007, 08:48 PM
Are they in legal possession of the automatic weapons?

Well, since it's relatively lengthy & difficult to obtain a class 3 license I'm going to say no.

royalfan5
5/9/2007, 08:51 PM
Well, since it's relatively lengthy & difficult to obtain a class 3 license I'm going to say no.
fair enough, because you can't have people shooting up legal gun owners.

opksooner
5/9/2007, 08:51 PM
Since the news stations are buzzing about the 6 terrorists arrested in NJ a couple of days ago, it's got me thinking.

The scenerio:

3 Arab men are taking pictures of the courthouse & are boasting of wanting to destroy it. A person confronts them & the men run. This person then shoots them dead. The 3 men are unarmed, but automatic weapons are found in their vehicle & explosives are found in their home along with Islamofanatic literature.

Discuss.

"Hero or villian (sic)"? He's a perp who's going away for a loooong time.

SicEmBaylor
5/9/2007, 08:55 PM
Hero but he better be prepared to suffer the consequences.

OUHOMER
5/9/2007, 08:59 PM
villain, he should have shot them in the legs. Now they (in their own minds) get the virgins, instead of Virgil in the big house. Plus hes has a big hassle on his hands. Even then ACLU would try to give in life.

proud gonzo
5/9/2007, 09:10 PM
incredibly stupid person. if somebody has a weapon ON HIS PERSON and is threatening to shoot people, then you can shoot him. But hearing someone talk about something and shooting them for running is not a valid response. There's a reason we have a justice and law enforcement system in place.

SoonerBorn68
5/9/2007, 09:15 PM
I just wonder about this situation because it will happen eventually.

olevetonahill
5/9/2007, 10:04 PM
Dont shoot em , catch em , tye em up and toss em in a hog pen and tell em theres ya virgins :D

yermom
5/9/2007, 10:21 PM
how does Johnny Redneck know what they are saying in Arabic or Farsi or whatever?

i can't imagine preemptive vigilante justice being a good thing

but i also think this situation is more unlikely that you are putting on

MamaMia
5/9/2007, 10:48 PM

The scenerio:

Discuss.If the Arabs had that many weapons in their vehicle, then why didn't the shooter just plant one gun each on them after he whacked them? :pop:

olevetonahill
5/9/2007, 10:51 PM
If the Arabs had that many weapons in their vehicle, then why didn't the shooter just plant one gun each on them after he whacked them? :pop:
There ya go . we have a WINNER :D

proud gonzo
5/9/2007, 11:33 PM
how does Johnny Redneck know what they are saying in Arabic or Farsi or whatever?

i can't imagine preemptive vigilante justice being a good thing

but i also think this situation is more unlikely that you are putting oni agree