PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Sooners

Piware
5/9/2007, 12:29 AM
University of Oklahoma - named the 2007 Division 1 winner of the prestigious Prism Award for leadership in College Athletics.

Boomer Sooner!

Ardmore_Sooner
5/9/2007, 12:41 AM
:confused:

Octavian
5/9/2007, 12:42 AM
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/2140/woohoo772131gifpx5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Soonerus
5/9/2007, 12:49 AM
Yipee-io-cow-paddie...oh, by the way wtf is this award...

goingoneight
5/9/2007, 01:17 AM
Congratulations Oklahoma!!!

Pick up that there twinkies trophy... :twinkies:

Go on... it's all yours, you've earned it!

Penguin
5/9/2007, 02:38 AM
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=784755&SPID=209&SPSID=2886

Big Red Ron
5/9/2007, 03:11 AM
Worse things could happen to a program waiting to see if the NCAA is going to find us as cheaters or not.

AzianSooner
5/9/2007, 07:59 AM
THis award will help OU tremedously this year.

OU needs this.

OU-HSV
5/9/2007, 11:27 AM
sweet

SteelClip49
5/9/2007, 12:18 PM
someone who has access to hornfans.com should post this and put them in their place. This is a nice addition to the many awards and may chase the NCAA off, hopefully.

LoyalFan
5/9/2007, 02:40 PM
someone who has access to hornfans.com should post this and put them in their place. This is a nice addition to the many awards and may chase the NCAA off, hopefully.

Please, someone post this on TexAgs. Those guys have pretty much forgotten their "rivalry" with YooTee in favor of obsessing over the Sooners...'scuse me...THE SOONERS! I'm talking foaming-at-the-mouth-call-EMS obsessing.
My best bassing bud is a Naggie and he's pretty mature about the whole thing, thank God and the ghost of Bud.

LF

FlatheadSooner
5/9/2007, 08:11 PM
Prism..................man, I haven't listened to them in awhile.:meat:

stoopified
5/11/2007, 08:33 PM
Prism,noe that is a flashback.:) Good news.

RedstickSooner
5/12/2007, 09:55 PM
This won't do jack-effing-squat for us with the NCAA.

This is a circle-jerk award, patting the program on the back for being a well-run big-money program.

Here are the criteria the award is based on:

"Awards recognize colleges for managerial excellence across five areas: advancement and management of constituent relationships; student-athlete development; fundraising/development strategies, innovative marketing and employee development."

In other words, this is an award for being one of the Big Money schools, with a big base of boosters, with great advertising revenue, etc. It's an award for doing well all the things the NCAA *hates* that we do.

Bad enough the athletic program tries to congratulate itself for this one. We sure as hell don't need to jump on the bandwagon.

GottaHavePride
5/12/2007, 10:01 PM
Yeah! I'd much rather have an award for being the athletic department that loses the most money over the course of a year! Screw good management! ;)

RedstickSooner
5/13/2007, 12:04 AM
Yeah! I'd much rather have an award for being the athletic department that loses the most money over the course of a year! Screw good management! ;)

Yup - saying that this is reward is meaningless *definitely* means I wish we'd somehow managed to receive it's opposite ;)

C'mon -- I bet at least half of us on this message board are members of some professional organization that hands out awards of this nature. If the Athletic Department won, say, the Norman Addy for their latest fundraiser drive, that'd be a fine acknowledgment that they were doing a good job -- but it sure as heck wouldn't be worth our notice here on Soonerfans.

Once people started talking about how we need to brag about this to other schools, things got out of hand. If we do go to Whornfans.com or Nutgrabber.com and brag on this one, we'd deserve to be laughed at, yo.

I don't like us being laughed at :)

I_Live_In_OK
5/13/2007, 09:44 PM
Agreed, redstick.

Big Red Ron
5/13/2007, 09:53 PM
Yup - saying that this is reward is meaningless *definitely* means I wish we'd somehow managed to receive it's opposite ;)

C'mon -- I bet at least half of us on this message board are members of some professional organization that hands out awards of this nature. If the Athletic Department won, say, the Norman Addy for their latest fundraiser drive, that'd be a fine acknowledgment that they were doing a good job -- but it sure as heck wouldn't be worth our notice here on Soonerfans.

Once people started talking about how we need to brag about this to other schools, things got out of hand. If we do go to Whornfans.com or Nutgrabber.com and brag on this one, we'd deserve to be laughed at, yo.

I don't like us being laughed at :)Even though this is a new award, it's bigger than an Addy. Don't get me wrong, I love the Addy's but If I can get one...;)

Doged
5/14/2007, 12:13 AM

I don't like us being laughed at :)

Actually, saying the award is meaningless isn't really justified.

I have to agree that bragging it up on other team forums would be a bad move, though, and most certainly would be met with ridicule. No one has ever heard of this award because it's previously only been given to professional sports franchises (until last year). It may come in handy sometime if you like academic smack and whatnot but other than that it's not really a bragging point.

There's a reason for professional awards, not the least of which is the sharing of best practices to enhance the profession, and I'm glad to see the Sooner athletic department recognized for setting the bar in demonstrating the right way to run a college sports program.

olevetonahill
5/14/2007, 01:05 AM
This won't do jack-effing-squat for us with the NCAA.

This is a circle-jerk award, patting the program on the back for being a well-run big-money program.

Here are the criteria the award is based on:

"Awards recognize colleges for managerial excellence across five areas: advancement and management of constituent relationships; student-athlete development; fundraising/development strategies, innovative marketing and employee development."

In other words, this is an award for being one of the Big Money schools, with a big base of boosters, with great advertising revenue, etc. It's an award for doing well all the things the NCAA *hates* that we do.

Bad enough the athletic program tries to congratulate itself for this one. We sure as hell don't need to jump on the bandwagon.
Dosent the " student-athlete developement . Mean somepun ?:P