PDA

View Full Version : Man on Death Row Disses Brady Quinn

Octavian
5/8/2007, 07:41 PM
Christopher J. Newton was surprisingly candid in his conversation Monday with Dayton Daily News reporter Laura Bischoff, who interviewed Newton on behalf of the Ohio Legislative Correspondents Association.

In addition to explaining why he murdered his cellmate at the Mansfield Correctional Institution in 2001 over a chess game, Newton spoke of his support for capital punishment and his opposition to the Cleveland Browns’ decision to draft Brady Quinn.

A Browns fan, Newton said he disapproved of Cleveland’s decision to trade future draft picks to select Brady Quinn with the 22nd choice Saturday.

“They messed up the picks,” he said. “Offensive line, not quarterback: If they get an offensive line, they’ll start producing. They didn’t need to trade picks for Quinn. Start at your center and work out. Get people to protect your quarterback.”

Newton laughingly recalled that Ohio’s last executed prisoner, James Filiaggi, made a joke about the Browns in his final statement before he was killed April 24.

“Filiaggi made a comment the other day before he went that if the Browns win a Super Bowl, he’s in hell,” Newton said. “Well, Browns win a Super Bowl, I’ll be in heaven.”

http://theotherpaper.com/TOP5-3/5-3_substory1.html

royalfan5
5/8/2007, 08:09 PM
Did he miss the left tackle they drafted with the 3rd pick? And a chess game is enough to provoke murder?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/8/2007, 08:10 PM
They say Columbus is a thug town...maybe Cleveland is even worse?

royalfan5
5/8/2007, 08:18 PM
They say Columbus is a thug town...maybe Cleveland is even worse?
I think it's a state wide thing. Ohio=trouble.