PDA

View Full Version : and the who gives a **** cup, goes to....

picasso
5/8/2007, 07:20 PM
oSu fans, as per usual.

Collier11
5/9/2007, 11:29 AM
Or 3 out of 8 years. Whichever makes more sense to you ;)

OSUFAN11
5/9/2007, 12:36 PM
Or 3 out of 8 years. Whichever makes more sense to you ;)

I will give it to you guys....you have won it A LOT but OSU dominated OU in most sports this year. Say what you want about the sports that we beat you in not meaning much but it means something to the people that play those sports. It also means something to the university. You can bring up the past all you want but the present is what matters. The past is history!

Collier11
5/9/2007, 12:41 PM
I would honestly say that it means more to the corporate sponsors and casual fans! I dont recall ever where Joe C. or Boren or any serious OU fan cares or makes a big deal out of it. Look, if Ou women make it to the world series of softball I will watch a few innings and root for them to win it all, and if our golf, c country, or track teams make it a long ways...I will follow but I certainly dont live and die with it Like I do football, baseball, and bball! Those are the sports I care about and I am not ashamed to admit it! Doesnt mean I dont support the other sports, but if they arent good all the time I really dont notice much.

OSUFAN11
5/9/2007, 12:50 PM
I would honestly say that it means more to the corporate sponsors and casual fans! I dont recall ever where Joe C. or Boren or any serious OU fan cares or makes a big deal out of it. Look, if Ou women make it to the world series of softball I will watch a few innings and root for them to win it all, and if our golf, c country, or track teams make it a long ways...I will follow but I certainly dont live and die with it Like I do football, baseball, and bball! Those are the sports I care about and I am not ashamed to admit it! Doesnt mean I dont support the other sports, but if they arent good all the time I really dont notice much.

Same here! I dont care much about any of the sports other than football, baseball, basketball, and wrestling(I came from a school that has been a powerhouse in wrestling so it grew on me). With that said we still own an edge over OU in just those sports you mentioned. You got us in football, split with us in basketball, and you know what happened in baseball.

Collier11
5/9/2007, 01:02 PM
a loss is a loss, but you must admit that experience was the only diff between a osu sweep and a OU series win 2-1. They had two of those games won with an experienced and tough team!

MiccoMacey
5/9/2007, 02:21 PM
You can bring up the past all you want but the present is what matters. The past is history!

So are you willing to discount all 34 of your wrestling titles?

Are you going to say that right now OSU is the fifth best program in wrestling, taking a back seat to Minnesota, Iowa State, Missouri and NorthWestern? Regardless of past history (because only the present matters)?

That's a foolish, foolish statement.

Of course history and tradition count. In the grand scheme of things twenty years from now, people won't remember Missouri placed ahead of OSU this particular year in wrestling, but they will remember OSU having won possibly 40+ NCAA titles.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/9/2007, 03:07 PM

Are you going to say that right now OSU is the fifth best program in wrestling, taking a back seat to Minnesota, Iowa State, Missouri and NorthWestern? Regardless of past history (because only the present matters)?

Of course history and tradition count. In the grand scheme of things twenty years from now, people won't remember Missouri placed ahead of OSU this particular year in wrestling, but they will remember OSU having won possibly 40+ NCAA titles.

Don't try to bring logic into this, it only confuses them more. ;)

MiccoMacey
5/9/2007, 03:48 PM
My bad...I was hoping we found one OSU fan who could have a logical discussion.

Actually, we already did. I am an OSU fan (although it is easily second to OU...but I do root for them when not playing OU).

Are there two logical OSU fans in the world? Do I have my doppleganger?

Collier11
5/9/2007, 04:03 PM
I am an OSU fan (although it is easily second to OU...but I do root for them when not playing OU).

Not acceptable!! They may be tiny little whiny losers, but they are still aggots and are not to be rooted for by a OU fan! You are grounded for a time to be determined later!!!

OSUAggie
5/9/2007, 04:12 PM
My bad...I was hoping we found one OSU fan who could have a logical discussion.

Actually, we already did. I am an OSU fan (although it is easily second to OU...but I do root for them when not playing OU).

Are there two logical OSU fans in the world? Do I have my doppleganger?

**** you. :mad:

;)

OSUFAN11
5/9/2007, 04:30 PM
a loss is a loss, but you must admit that experience was the only diff between a osu sweep and a OU series win 2-1. They had two of those games won with an experienced and tough team!

experience would have helped you in two of those games but who is to say that OU would have won the game. OSU's offense can score at any given time. IMO OU should have kept their pitcher in there instead of bringing in a true freshman. That pitcher was shutting us down! He was still throwing in the low 90's going into the 9th. That would be a coaching mistake if you ask me. Either way, OSU is a better team.

Collier11
5/9/2007, 04:36 PM
remember who got swept last year and who made it to within 1 game of the WS, dont go calling yourselves the better team just yet! WE both know(although you may not really understand ;) that success is determined by the postseason, not regular season!

OSUAggie
5/9/2007, 04:40 PM
remember who got swept last year and who made it to within 1 game of the WS, dont go calling yourselves the better team just yet! WE both know(although you may not really understand ;) that success is determined by the postseason, not regular season!

This is a totally different agument than the one used to say OU is on the same level as OSU in basketball...

Just sayin'

Collier11
5/9/2007, 04:47 PM
Who is arguing bball. All I am saying is that you stated "osu is better", I said that Osu swept Ou last year then Ou went on to beat them in the conf tourney then make it to within one game of the WS so we had a better year

OSUFAN11

You took what I said and turned it around. I didnt say that you have to discount the past. As a fan, I love the fact that I can look back at the wrestling championships but those championships didnt make me feel any better this year when we were losing. I wasnt thinking to myself, "well at least we have won a lot of National Championships". As a fan, I care about what they are doing now. This will never happen, but what if OU suddenly became a below average football team? As a fan, you would remember the championships that they had but their current lack of success would be fresh in your head. That is what I am getting at. A team's past success is always good to look at but if twenty years down the road OSU's wrestling program was a joke , most people would just say, "boy I remember when they used to be really good" but that would not change what they are as of now.

To answer your question, I would say that OSU isnt the best in wrestling anymore as of right now. Overall, they are probably the best but as of right now they are not! That kind of stuff happens all the time.

Ardmore_Sooner
This is a totally different agument than the one used to say OU is on the same level as OSU in basketball...

Just sayin'

SHUT UP YOU! :mad:

;)

OSUFAN11
5/9/2007, 04:49 PM
Who is arguing bball. All I am saying is that you stated "osu is better", I said that Osu swept Ou last year then Ou went on to beat them in the conf tourney then make it to within one game of the WS so we had a better year

That is the way baseball goes. Teams get hot and they make a good run. OU was hot at that time and OSU wasnt. Think what you want but as of right now, OSU is the better team.

Collier11
5/9/2007, 04:53 PM
I never said they werent better as of right now, I said that they were better at this point last year and Ou ended up better and all that matters is who is better at the end of the season!

OSUAggie
5/9/2007, 04:55 PM

I never said OSU was better. The sweep (along with conference standings, rankings, et al), however, makes that point for me.

The part of your statement that was opposite of the argument used to "even out" the basketball successes of the different schools was when you said:

"WE both know(although you may not really understand ;) that success is determined by the postseason, not regular season!"

I'm just wondering how post-season success is applicable to baseball, but not basketball?

(I'm not saying that you determine the "best" basketball programs by post-season or regular season success, but I am saying that the argument has been made many, many times on here that OU and OSU are pretty much even in basketball because of the head-to-head offsetting the nat'l titles)

Collier11
5/9/2007, 04:56 PM
NO I mis-typed because I forgot the second parentheses...what I was saying was about success and my wise crack was that you know although you may not fully understand. That was in regards to being successful

OSUAggie
5/9/2007, 04:57 PM
SHUT UP YOU! :mad:

;)

heh, sorry

Collier11
5/9/2007, 04:57 PM
But when two teams are not head and shoulders different as our bball and baseball teams arent, you base overall success off of postseason

OSUAggie
5/9/2007, 04:58 PM
NO I mis-typed because I forgot the second parentheses...what I was saying was about success and my wise crack was that you know although you may not fully understand. That was in regards to being successful

Hi, I'm Earth, have we met?

OSUFAN11
5/9/2007, 04:58 PM
I never said they werent better as of right now, I said that they were better at this point last year and Ou ended up better and all that matters is who is better at the end of the season!

So let me ask you this. If OSU does not play OU again and OU ends up going further than OSU in NCAA tournament, that makes them a better team? I think not! It just shows that they were either playing good at the time or they had an easier regional. This is kind of like the reasoning behind the basketball season. Either we were a better team in basketball because we went further or we were even because we split.

OSUAggie
5/9/2007, 04:59 PM
But when two teams are not head and shoulders different as our bball and baseball teams arent, you base overall success off of postseason

ok, that's fine.

OSUFAN11
5/9/2007, 05:02 PM
Just noticed that OSUAggie "pretty much" said what I was saying a few posts ago.

OSUAggie
5/9/2007, 05:02 PM
So let me ask you this. If OSU does not play OU again and OU ends up going further than OSU in NCAA tournament, that makes them a better team? I think not! It just shows that they were either playing good at the time or they had an easier regional. This is kind of like the reasoning behind the basketball season. Either we were a better team in basketball because we went further or we were even because we split.

1998 Rhode Island > 1998 Kansas

Collier11
5/9/2007, 05:03 PM

Absolutely true! neither ou or osu's baseball or basketball team ended the season as being overwhelmingly better than the other, therefore you base it off of post season success. Your baseball team is better than ours right now, but you arent much better which is evidenced by the 2 one run games. If we got hot and made it to the super-regional and you guys got beat out in the first round then hypothetically we would have the better team and the better season! Why is that so hard to understand?

OSUFAN11
5/9/2007, 05:03 PM

You make a good point!

Collier11
5/9/2007, 05:05 PM

osu is not that much better than Ou in baseball this year. That is not a fair comparison

Jello Biafra
5/9/2007, 05:06 PM
(I came from a school that has been a powerhouse in wrestling so it grew on me).

and yet you still get thrown to the ground by school girls while receiving wedgies, swirlies and beefstews all while the professors watch and laugh.

OSUFAN11
5/9/2007, 05:06 PM
Absolutely true! neither ou or osu's baseball or basketball team ended the season as being overwhelmingly better than the other, therefore you base it off of post season success. Your baseball team is better than ours right now, but you arent much better which is evidenced by the 2 one run games. If we got hot and made it to the super-regional and you guys got beat out in the first round then hypothetically we would have the better team and the better season! Why is that so hard to understand?

I understand what you are saying but I do not agree.

Collier11
5/9/2007, 05:07 PM

by this comparison you would say that osu was better at football this year cus you beat alabama and we lost the fiesta bowl. But Ou was far and away a better team than osu so that doesnt hold true!

OSUFAN11
5/9/2007, 05:07 PM
osu is not that much better than Ou in baseball this year. That is not a fair comparison

We didnt play all the well against you guys on Friday and Sunday. The difference showed on Saturday when we were playing to our potential.

Collier11
5/9/2007, 05:08 PM
I understand what you are saying but I do not agree.

of course you dont, you would have to be able to reason to realize why that holds up

OSUAggie
5/9/2007, 05:08 PM

There's a realistic chance that you won't make the Big XII Tournament, let alone the NCAA Tournament.

There's a realistic chance that OSU will host a regional.

OSUFAN11
5/9/2007, 05:09 PM
by this comparison you would say that osu was better at football this year cus you beat alabama and we lost the fiesta bowl. But Ou was far and away a better team than osu so that doesnt hold true!

If you use your reasoning like you are for baseball and basketball then they were pretty much even because when we went head to head you only beat us by 6. I am not saying I agree with this but if we were to go by your reasoning then I do!

Collier11
5/9/2007, 05:11 PM
There's a realistic chance that you won't make the Big XII Tournament, let alone the NCAA Tournament.

I said that you were better right now. But you arent head and shoulders better. By this argument then, if Ou would have won those 2 out of 3 and been ahead of you in the conf standings, would that make us head and shoulders better than you. NO. Both teams are evenly matched and you can base that off of our two one run games against you guys, barely losing twice to texas, and beating a ton of good top 25 teams

OSUAggie
5/9/2007, 05:11 PM

No, because football is different. It doesn't have a gay little tournament so they can "fight it out" on the field through a ri-god-damn-diculous format that almost guarantees the two best teams will not play one another for the national title.

Baseball and basketball, however, do. At least baseball is a bit more realistic in the sense that they play a series of games to determine who is better.

OSUFAN11
5/9/2007, 05:14 PM
No, because football is different. It doesn't have a gay little tournament so they can "fight it out" on the field through a ri-god-damn-diculous format that almost guarantees the two best teams will not play one another for the national title.

Baseball and basketball, however, do. At least baseball is a bit more realistic in the sense that they play a series of games to determine who is better.
Ok so lets look at it this way. If football had a system like baseball did and OSU ended up going a lot further than OU, would that make OSU better even though you guys beat us by 6 and won the big 12 championship. I think not!

OSUAggie
5/9/2007, 05:16 PM
I said that you were better right now. But you arent head and shoulders better. By this argument then, if Ou would have won those 2 out of 3 and been ahead of you in the conf standings, would that make us head and shoulders better than you. NO. Both teams are evenly matched and you can base that off of our two one run games against you guys, barely losing twice to texas, and beating a ton of good top 25 teams

So now when you almost win it is good? Capel's got you thinking in a strange manner.

Collier11
5/9/2007, 05:21 PM
it is pointless to argue with you guys and I should have known this. Your buddy even admitted that he saw my point, I am not going to sit here and try to convince you of something that you have no ability to comprehend! If you think osu bball and baseball is far and away better than Ou then so be it. The diff is Ou won the conf title in fball, won 4 games on the road against top 25 teams, and went to the BCS. Osu went 6-6 and finished 8th in the conf. IN baseball, both teams have been ranked throughout the year, Ou fell out recently and has been struggling but we have still beaten a boat load of ranked teams(9-8) and could have easily(but didnt) win the series against you guys and Texas. You guys are 3-5 against ranked teams. So there is no way in Hell that you can say at this point that you are that much better than us and to say so doesnt regard the facts which I understand isnt your strong point!!!!

Jello Biafra
5/9/2007, 05:22 PM

true
true....

also a REAL good shot you guys won't beat us in football again this decade!

Jello Biafra
5/9/2007, 05:24 PM
i respectfully request that this thread be moved to smack central so we can get "jiggy with it" ;)

OSUFAN11
5/9/2007, 05:27 PM
it is pointless to argue with you guys and I should have known this. Your buddy even admitted that he saw my point, I am not going to sit here and try to convince you of something that you have no ability to comprehend! If you think osu bball and baseball is far and away better than Ou then so be it. The diff is Ou won the conf title in fball, won 4 games on the road against top 25 teams, and went to the BCS. Osu went 6-6 and finished 8th in the conf. IN baseball, both teams have been ranked throughout the year, Ou fell out recently and has been struggling but we have still beaten a boat load of ranked teams(9-8) and could have easily(but didnt) win the series against you guys and Texas. You guys are 3-5 against ranked teams. So there is no way in Hell that you can say at this point that you are that much better than us and to say so doesnt regard the facts which I understand isnt your strong point!!!!
Good deal! You said what you had to say and now the discussion is over!

Collier11
5/9/2007, 05:27 PM
I like it when ags whither away..............................;)

Jello Biafra
5/9/2007, 05:32 PM
I like it when ags whither away..............................;)

or is it "slink"? either way they can't argue and can't look at anything from anyone else's perspective. good ridance.

OSUAggie
5/9/2007, 05:32 PM
I understand your point.

I think it's weak.

Have a nice night.

Collier11
5/9/2007, 05:41 PM
Your a ******

Osu will never be better than OU at anything

eat a d*ck

Jello Biafra
5/9/2007, 05:43 PM
Your a ******

Osu will never be better than OU at anything

eat a d*ck

true.

no doubt. (cept maybe women's NCs in steer wrasslin..... and o yeh. fire saftey retardent sprinkler engineering stuff)

from way down town!!!.......bang!

Collier11
5/9/2007, 05:54 PM
boom goes the dynamite!!!

Jello Biafra
5/9/2007, 05:59 PM
boom goes the dynamite!!!

rofl

http://static.flickr.com/117/268081697_520f1b1248.jpg

MiccoMacey
5/9/2007, 07:30 PM
**** you. :mad:

;)

You can be my doppleganger.
;)

picasso
5/9/2007, 11:11 PM
as stated in my initial post. only oSu types care about this ****. I used to never talk smack when we'd win in any sport but alas, there's a new breed of oSu knobs.
yeah, a new breed, ones that weren't even around when Moe, Larry and Curly Iba were winning in Bball.