PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunate news: AD's Brother arrested

OU-HSV
5/8/2007, 05:42 PM
I ran into this article on kotv.com today. Hopefully it all turns out untrue. But if not, this is bad/sad news for the Peterson family. Geeze, I mean the guy's brother is famous and making millions of dollars now and he's out robbing people. He should just borrow some jack from his brother. Hopefully, for his sake, he can turn his act around before he gets into too much more trouble. He needs to make his class act brother,AD, his role model.

http://www.kotv.com/sports/local/story/?id=126876

Adrian Peterson's Brother Arrested For Robbery
AP - 5/8/2007 12:55 PM - Updated 5/8/2007 4:52 PM
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) -- A younger brother of former University of Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson was jailed in Cleveland County on two felony charges.

Norman police arrested Brandon Xavier Peterson, 18, and Joseph Parker, 20, Monday on suspicion of first-degree burglary and robbery by force or fear. Police are looking for a third suspect.

Both men were scheduled for arraignment on Tuesday.

About 5:08 p.m. Sunday, a man reported being robbed at the Thunderbird Lodge in southwest Norman. The victim told police he heard loud knocks on his door. When he opened the door, a man hit him in the face and someone else took his money.

Police say they arrested Peterson and Parker after receiving a suspicious person call that led officers to Parker's residence. The men were transported to Cleveland County jail Monday night.

Adrian Peterson, who rushed for 4,045 yards and 41 touchdowns in three seasons at Oklahoma, was selected seventh overall by the Minnesota Vikings in the first round of the NFL draft last month.

rankin07
5/8/2007, 05:57 PM
great something else for texass and oswho fans to get all riled up about

StoopTroup
5/8/2007, 06:04 PM
Who care's what they think anyway.

OU-HSV
5/8/2007, 06:07 PM
Yeah, Eff texass and those sheephumpers in stoolwater.
I just posted it cause it is newsworthy. Things have been looking up lately w/AD reaching his dream. I really hope his bro gets on the right track soon. That family has had their fair share of bad things happen.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/8/2007, 06:23 PM
Does Brandon play any sports here in Norman that would possibly hurt himself recruiting wise?

rankin07
5/8/2007, 06:32 PM
lol ya you all are right who really does give a crap what they think

OU-HSV
5/8/2007, 09:26 PM
Does Brandon play any sports here in Norman that would possibly hurt himself recruiting wise?
I'm not sure. I was wondering that myself

bixby28
5/8/2007, 09:32 PM
AD has had a rough time with his family and my thoughts go out to him. Hopefully the facts aren't what they seem to be.

Big Red Ron
5/9/2007, 01:37 PM
Anyone know if his lil bro played football?

CRASH 02
5/9/2007, 01:56 PM
I guess someone forgot to tell him his older brother was a millionaire.

rainiersooner
5/9/2007, 02:44 PM
great something else for texass and oswho fans to get all riled up about

Lack of Institutional Control!!!!!!!:eek:

GoState
5/9/2007, 03:33 PM
I caught it in the TW. What irks me about stories like this is that they inevitably end up in the sports section. It really doesn't belong in sports just because the brother of a football player is involved.

OU-HSV
5/9/2007, 03:44 PM
I caught it in the TW. What irks me about stories like this is that they inevitably end up in the sports section. It really doesn't belong in sports just because the brother of a football player is involved.
Articles like this do relate to sports. Thanks for your insight though. :rolleyes:

RedstickSooner
5/9/2007, 11:04 PM
Articles like this do relate to sports. Thanks for your insight though. :rolleyes:

No, stories like this do *not* relate to sports. They are, at best, gossip section pieces.

The sports section is about sports -- about athletic achievement. Game outcomes. Coaching changes. Injuries.

It can, perhaps, even be expanded somewhat to include personal problems of players -- as those problems may impact their ability to play.

But AD's brother being arrested? That has nothing to do with when, where, or how AD will play football. This ain't a sports story. It's a human interest story, and a bizarre one. Being drafted in the first round should've been sorta like hitting the lottery for AD's immediate family -- why on earth would his brother commit a crime like this for what one can only assume is chump change?

I've always hated the extra baggage crap sports "journalists" try to cram into their purview. They should stick to stats, plays, and predictions. Every so often, a little background to help us understand the more interesting players, if they really feel like filling up some column inches.

That's how I see it, anyhow.

goingoneight
5/9/2007, 11:41 PM
I can't wait to see Trammel's article about Mike Gundy's second-cousin's friend who is getting divorced. :rolleyes:

This is not sports news... it's aggy and whorn bait.

OU-HSV
5/10/2007, 07:40 AM
No, stories like this do *not* relate to sports. They are, at best, gossip section pieces.

The sports section is about sports -- about athletic achievement. Game outcomes. Coaching changes. Injuries.

It can, perhaps, even be expanded somewhat to include personal problems of players -- as those problems may impact their ability to play.

But AD's brother being arrested? That has nothing to do with when, where, or how AD will play football. This ain't a sports story. It's a human interest story, and a bizarre one. Being drafted in the first round should've been sorta like hitting the lottery for AD's immediate family -- why on earth would his brother commit a crime like this for what one can only assume is chump change?

I've always hated the extra baggage crap sports "journalists" try to cram into their purview. They should stick to stats, plays, and predictions. Every so often, a little background to help us understand the more interesting players, if they really feel like filling up some column inches.

That's how I see it, anyhow.
So it's not sports news and it doesn't relate to sports. Yet you decided to come into the thread and post about it. :confused: Seems to me like it has tweaked at least a little interest, even from people who are saying it's not related to sports. Whether an athlete admits it or not, problems within their family effect the way they perform. It can either bring them down or it can inspire them to take anger or sadness out on the field.
I think this is retarded that a few of you are making this into a "this shouldn't be in the football forum" issue. Give me a break, it's offseason. And I figured I'd post it before a sheephumper or shorthorn posted it in trashy style.
Give me a break people, and lighten up...again, it's offseason!

Big Red Ron
5/10/2007, 08:11 AM
I have no problem with it, now that he's a pro making millions. College kids, not so much.

DeBarr
5/10/2007, 08:34 AM
It is the goal of news agencies to report most any story that they believe their audience would be interested in. And for news agencies in this state, any story relating to AD, their audience will probably be interested in hearing about.

I bet you wouldnt be bitching if the headline was something positive about Adrian's brother.

Doged
5/10/2007, 08:47 AM
It is the goal of news agencies to report most any story that they believe their audience would be interested in.

That's giving media idjits WAY too much credit.

soonerlaw
5/10/2007, 10:46 AM
Thing is, 100% of people who read the sports page will know what the story is about, but probably 50% will know what's going on if the story is posted elsewhere. Regardless, I also hope they got the wrong guy. If there is anyone in Oklahoma who does not need to be stealing, it is AD's immediate family... and maybe the Gaylords.

Petro-Sooner
5/10/2007, 02:32 PM
What a thug. Guess he didnt learn anything from his old man being penned up. Throw the book at him.

JDawg2303
5/10/2007, 03:50 PM
It's another Michael Vick vs. Marcus Vick (although Michael's not doing to hot himself). I don't think it's a money issue for Brandon but acting out and trying to get out from underneath his big RICH older bro's shadow and everyone here has to agree, that's a pretty big shadow. Brandon's going to be compared to his older brother for the rest of his life. He's always going to be AD's little brother. I don't like the way he's going about it but I can see that being the reason.

Petro-Sooner
5/10/2007, 03:58 PM
Ahhh I'm poor little adrian petersons younger brother. I have it so rough. I think I'll go steal someone elses money.....

I'm not buying it.

JDawg2303
5/10/2007, 04:01 PM
that's just speculation but it is a theory. I'm not trying to make excuses for him, I'm just saying that could be an explanation and the boy needs to get some help. Maybe some time in jail will help him but to solve the problem, you need to know why the problem exists.

MojoRisen
5/10/2007, 04:06 PM
Yeah that is a pretty harsh crime a little different in my opinion than just sneaking in the house or banging around with kids his own age. They hit an old guy in the face- that kind of violence definitely is not good and could lead to worse crimes clearly.

I_Live_In_OK
5/13/2007, 09:48 PM
If this turns out to be true, then he should definitely do some jail time. Disgusting.

r5TPsooner
5/15/2007, 09:14 AM
Has AD actually signed with the Vikes?

85sooners
5/22/2007, 03:06 PM
:eek: