PDA

View Full Version : Howdy, folks

Norm In Norman
5/8/2007, 08:43 AM
I saw Czar and VK at lunch yesterday and they were wondering where I've been. That inspired me to give a little update on here, since I haven't really talked to many of you in a while:

Well, as most of you know Mrs. Norm is preggers. The "due date" is June 10 but the c-section is scheduled (right now) for June 4. One problem with living in a tiny house is - well - it's tiny. Really, we don't have enough room for another kid. So we decided we were going to move. Except the best time to sell is during spring (according to our realtor). We didn't think moving while Mrs. Norm was way pregnant was a good idea, so we changed our minds and decided to wait until next year. So I decided to build a storage shed in the back yard so we'd have a place to pile all of our junk for a year and the baby gets our office (well, now it's the nursery). Well, like any Norm project it has taken 10 times longer than normal so I've basically just now got the shed into good enough shape to move stuff into after 2 months. This rain hasn't helped matters any. I build a shed and it rains more in two months than I ever remember it raining.

To top things off, a month or so ago Mrs. Norm pulled some ligaments in her stomach so she has been in constant intense pain. Then last week her chest started hurting really bad and we think the baby broke her rib. Even though he doesn't have any room to move, he doesn't know that and he moves all the time anyway. We're so screwed when he comes out, because he's already a hellion. So anyway, I now spend all of my "free" time at home taking care of the house so Mrs. Norm doesn't have to do it. I'm way too lazy to be doing all that.

Since Mrs. Norm is having a c-section, I've decided to take 6 weeks off at work after the baby is born. I've got more than enough time saved up for this. Since I'm going to be gone for so long, everybody is trying to get me to finish projects before I leave. I barely have time to **** at work now. There is no way I'm going to finish all of them. They are screwed, because I have a feeling we'll be having the baby pretty soon anyway.

So anyway, that mostly explains why I rarely post on here. Pretty soon I'll have 6 weeks to post (between naps, of course). I'm sure I'll be as cranky as ever, so don't make me ban you.

btw, since January I've had two other things happen. One is I've grown a goatee. I am now evil Norm. Until last week it was really long, but I trimmed about a half inch or so off it. Mrs. Norm and pretty much everybody hates it. Therefore, I love it.

Oh, and I've lost like 40 pounds. I'm almost down to just plain obese instead of morbidly obese. Don't ask me if I have more energy now because I don't have time to think about it.

Viking Kitten
5/8/2007, 08:48 AM
I noticed the weight thing too, Norm. I was too busy trying to talk you into naming your new kid "Deathstick" to comment on it, but I did notice. Good job!

And if the goatee has suddenly made you some kind of bizzaro "Evil Norm," that must explain why you were so nice at lunch. :P;)

Norm In Norman
5/8/2007, 08:56 AM
Hey, you're trying to give them the wrong impression about me.

crawfish
5/8/2007, 08:58 AM
"Evil Norm". Heh. I like it.

Hope everything goes well. You're teh awesome for taking off the six weeks.

ChickSoonerFan
5/8/2007, 09:17 AM
Good for you!! On all of it!!!

Czar Soonerov
5/8/2007, 09:17 AM
heh, I noticed the longish goatee. VK made me trim mine Sunday. It was getting pretty shaggy.

I noticed you were looking trimmed down, congrats.

Has Stoops called you about the kid yet? We're gonna need a new kicker in 2025. ;)

yermom
5/8/2007, 09:20 AM
I noticed the weight thing too, Norm. I was too busy trying to talk you into naming your new kid "Deathstick" to comment on it, but I did notice. Good job!

And if the goatee has suddenly made you some kind of bizzaro "Evil Norm," that must explain why you were so nice at lunch. :P;)

heh, like Evil Cartman

good to see you Norm, hope everything comes out okay ;)

OUinFLA
5/8/2007, 09:23 AM
Does this mean we are going to be able to "run amok" on the SO?

Oh, wait.............I guess we do whether you are here or not.

Good luck on the C section. Hope all turns out great.

When I first read your post, I got to the part about building a shed.
First I thought you were moving out there, then I thought Oh, No, they're moving the baby out there. But I realized it would probably be you moving.
Then I settled down and read the rest of the post. :D

I understand the weather complications of constructing. It seems like I always have money shortages when the weather is right to build some structure I need, and then when I overcome that problem, the weather decides to rain everyday while Im pouring a concrete slab or something like that.

Czar Soonerov
5/8/2007, 09:24 AM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6105/normgoateeqc8.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Norm In Norman
5/8/2007, 09:26 AM
heh, like Evil Cartman
Actually, I trimmed it a bit so it comes to a bit of a point.

I may have seen you at eastside Wal-Mart the other night. i was walking around with the boy trying to find something and I passed by someone who looked like you talking on a cell phone. It didn't register though until about a minute later and you (or your doppleganger) were gone. My synapses aren't firing to swiftly here lately. Then i assumed if it was you you would have said something and passed it off as a mirage or something.

RacerX
5/8/2007, 09:26 AM
not even close

Norm In Norman
5/8/2007, 09:27 AM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6105/normgoateeqc8.gif (http://imageshack.us)
I may be getting that haircut this weekend!

yermom
5/8/2007, 09:31 AM
Actually, I trimmed it a bit so it comes to a bit of a point.

I may have seen you at eastside Wal-Mart the other night. i was walking around with the boy trying to find something and I passed by someone who looked like you talking on a cell phone. It didn't register though until about a minute later and you (or your doppleganger) were gone. My synapses aren't firing to swiftly here lately. Then i assumed if it was you you would have said something and passed it off as a mirage or something.

heh, there's no telling... i was pretty preoccupied the last time i was there, i may have been on the phone the whole time i was in the store

if it was me, i didn't see you, i totally would have said hi or something, if i recognized skinnier evil you anyway

(i meant like Evil Cartman because he was the nice one)

8timechamps
5/8/2007, 09:56 AM
Good Luck Normando.

Do you still have the plaid couch? If so, that'll be a nice place for a nap.

OU4LIFE
5/8/2007, 10:08 AM
Norm, goatee law requires that you end every sentence with 'bro' and use an accent so that it sounds like 'bra'.

Get used to it bra, Go with Christ, bra.

dolemitesooner
5/8/2007, 10:08 AM
yep yep

Keep rocking norm

Viking Kitten
5/8/2007, 10:17 AM

Sorry, this is random, but "Go with Christ bra" makes me think of something maybe worn by Dog the Bounty Hunter's wife. I mean... dang, that woman has some huge boobs.

I don't necessarily want to speculate on who would wear a "Get Used to It" bra.

OU4LIFE
5/8/2007, 10:21 AM
Sorry, this is random, but "Go with Christ bra" makes me think of something maybe worn by Dog the Bounty Hunter's wife. I mean... dang, that woman has some huge boobs.

I don't necessarily want to speculate on who would wear a "Get Used to It" bra.

she also has a Hugh Jass. and Dog is exactly the reference I was going for.....especially when Cartman was hall monitor, bra.

don't make me bear mace you, bra.

8timechamps
5/8/2007, 10:21 AM
Yeah, but what about the plaid couches?

And Dog's wife does have GIGANTIC boobies.

OKC-SLC
5/8/2007, 11:09 AM
hang in there norm.

Norm In Norman
5/8/2007, 11:13 AM
Good Luck Normando.

Do you still have the plaid couch? If so, that'll be a nice place for a nap.
I watched the plaid coach get crunched by the trash truck on big trash day this past summer. It was a sad day. I probably posted about it.

Norm In Norman
5/8/2007, 11:15 AM
Norm, goatee law requires that you end every sentence with 'bro' and use an accent so that it sounds like 'bra'.

Well, I'm not going to go that far, but I do frequently stroke my goatee in a way that I like to think gives people the impression that I'm planning something evil. Ironically, I only stroke my goatee when I'm planning something evil.

OU4LIFE
5/8/2007, 11:22 AM
you're stroking it right now aren't you?

yermom
5/8/2007, 11:23 AM

heh

OU4LIFE
5/8/2007, 11:34 AM
he can't type 'yes' with one hand.

ChickSoonerFan
5/8/2007, 12:13 PM
I can't believe the word "stroke" is not blocked....they way OU4LIFE uses it makes it sound dirty.

yermom
5/8/2007, 12:20 PM
i have no idea what you are talking about

Scott D
5/8/2007, 12:23 PM
evilness rocks

sanantoniosooner
5/8/2007, 12:32 PM
I can't believe the word "stroke" is not blocked....they way OU4LIFE uses it makes it sound dirty.
if it's done right.

r5TPsooner
5/8/2007, 12:35 PM
Having kids is a young man's game. Unless you are wealthy and can hire someone to keep up with the little devils.

Best wishes for you, the little one, and your spouse.

OU4LIFE
5/8/2007, 01:03 PM

I do what I can.

Howzit
5/8/2007, 01:14 PM

Norm, in case you missed it, this was a thinly veiled offer...

C&CDean
5/8/2007, 01:14 PM
Who the hell sticked this POS?

Howzit
5/8/2007, 01:15 PM
Who the hell sticked this POS?

OU4LIFE. When he used the word 'stroke'.

OU4LIFE
5/8/2007, 01:15 PM
oh Dean, you know you did.

proud gonzo
5/8/2007, 01:29 PM
we'll be selling our house in a year... but it's pretty teeny too.

Beef
5/8/2007, 01:45 PM
OU4LIFE. When he used the word 'stroke'.
Disgusting. Damn.

Norm In Norman
5/8/2007, 02:11 PM
Beano, you bastard!

jk the sooner fan
5/8/2007, 03:14 PM
i've got a 3 bedroom in purcell for sale in the future ;)

OUinFLA
5/8/2007, 06:06 PM
Ive got a 4 bedroom in Florida for sale in the future as well.

The future could be tomorrow for the right offer.

Soonerus
5/8/2007, 08:35 PM
Congrats on the new addition....