PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 Schedule Predictions....

OU_Sooners75
5/7/2007, 11:20 PM
Big 12 Schedules and Predictions (http://cfbmedia.com/predictions/Big%2012%20Schedules.pdf)

Thoughts?

Big Red Ron
5/7/2007, 11:41 PM
I disagree on a few points...

I think KSU can beat OSU in Stillwater and could very easily beat Mizzu at home, with a shot, at Fresno State. They could win 9 nine games.

They have Nebraska winning at Wake Forrest and beating USC at home the following week. I don't think so. They go 1-1, at best. They also have them winning at Mizzu which will be a toss up at this point. I think they win 8 games and have a very solid year with a new QB. I doubt their defense.

They have OU losing to UT in Dallas. That's a toss up at best. I see no evidence to believe that UT is superior to OU, right now. OU could win 13 or win 10.

They have OSU with nine wins....:rolleyes:

Having UT beating OU but losing to OSU and aTm is fricking stupid.

But they have OU taking it all, so I don't disagree.

OU_Sooners75
5/7/2007, 11:55 PM
I disagree on a few points...

I think KSU can beat OSU in Stillwater and could very easily beat Mizzu at home, with a shot, at Fresno State. They could win 9 nine games.

They have Nebraska winning at Wake Forrest and beating USC at home the following week. I don't think so. They go 1-1, at best. They also have them winning at Mizzu which will be a toss up at this point. I think they win 8 games and have a very solid year with a new QB. I doubt their defense.

They have OU losing to UT in Dallas. That's a toss up at best. I see no evidence to believe that UT is superior to OU, right now. OU could win 13 or win 10.

What happened last year?

Texas lost to KSU and A&M at the end of the season. So I wouldnt say it is to stupid. If OSU finds a defense that compliments their Offense, they may be very dangerous this coming season.

Big Red Ron
5/8/2007, 12:05 AM
UT lost their QB. I guess, if someone is prophesying key injuries to UT then I guess they could be right.

OSU's defense will be a joke. Their db's stink.

BTW, are these your predictions? If so, sorry for the harshness. I figured they were from some pencil neck non athletic type. ;)

OU_Sooners75
5/8/2007, 12:11 AM
UT lost their QB. I guess, if someone is prophesying key injuries to UT then I guess they could be right.

OSU's defense will be a joke. Their db's stink.

BTW, are these your predictions? If so, sorry for the harshness. I figured they were from some pencil neck non athletic type. ;)

Yeah they are mine. Harshness? I didnt see any harshness. You are, afterall, entitled to your opinion.

I think the OU/UT game will be a toss up as well. Knowing they have a QB that can get it done in the bigger games, they have the edge, IMO. Though I would love to see OU smack that ***!

Ardmore_Sooner
5/8/2007, 12:15 AM
How in the world are they predicting Baylor to win AT BUFFALO!!!???

OU_Sooners75
5/8/2007, 12:18 AM
How in the world are they predicting Baylor to win AT BUFFALO!!!???

Considering it is not the Bills, I think that is a very possible feat for Baylor.

Buffalo is not that good of a team. A bottom feeder in the MAC.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/8/2007, 12:24 AM
Oh i know, I was being sarcastic. Should've added a smiley.

OU_Sooners75
5/8/2007, 12:25 AM
Oh i know, I was being sarcastic. Should've added a smiley.

Sure! ;)

Ardmore_Sooner
5/8/2007, 12:31 AM
Oh I know how bad Buffalo is, I always schedule them on NCAA 2007 when I start off with a crappy team.

OU_Sooners75
5/8/2007, 12:38 AM
If I wanted to jinx OU, I would have them winning all their regular season games. That is something OU is very capable of doing in 2007.

Fraggle145
5/8/2007, 01:08 AM

Total agreement here. This is why it is stupid: OSU has beat texas exactly once since the beginning of the big XII. And aTm hasnt beat texas two years in a row in forever (since 1993-94). :les: FRICKING STUPID!!!!!!

OU_Sooners75
5/8/2007, 01:10 AM
Total agreement here. This is why it is stupid: OSU has beat texas exactly once since the beginning of the big XII. And aTm hasnt beat texas two years in a row in forever (since 1993-94). :les: FRICKING STUPID!!!!!!

Go to hell!

It is very realistic.

The South will be loaded this year. Moreson than the last 3 or 4 years.

Also, their coach left them. I mean Gene Chizik, their difference maker left.

goingoneight
5/8/2007, 01:15 AM
I hear the SEC is gonna be the best in the NFL... :D

BIG 12 South reg. season
#1 OU 11-1 (RRS is the only possible/likely loss if they survive Miami)
#2 UT 10-2 (Will only be able to shoot-out for so long before defensive woes bring this team down)
#3 aTm 8-4 (Fran factor keeps this team from #1 or #2 finish)
#4 OSU 8-4 (lose tie-breaker at Collie Station)
#5 T Tech 6-6 (Mike Leach leaves for OC job at Oklahoma!!! :D)
#6 Baylor 4-8 (guestimate)

goingoneight
5/8/2007, 01:16 AM
Go to hell!

It is very realistic.

The South will be loaded this year. Moreson than the last 3 or 4 years.

Also, their coach left them. I mean Gene Chizik, their difference maker left.

Their "difference maker" left to Tennessee over a year ago. Just Sayin'. :twinkies:

OSUAggie
5/8/2007, 09:19 AM
I think those predictions look pretty damn good. ;)

dolemitesooner
5/8/2007, 09:27 AM
I think those predictions look pretty damn good. ;)
Aggies finish 0-12

OSUAggie
5/8/2007, 09:30 AM
0-12? aTm's already 1-0...

Ash
5/8/2007, 09:39 AM
0-12? aTm's already 1-0...

I believe he was referring to OSU aggies, Quickdraw.

OSUAggie
5/8/2007, 09:40 AM
I believe he was referring to OSU aggies, Quickdraw.

And I believe I was deflecting that onto the Texas Aggies, Quickdraw.

dolemitesooner
5/8/2007, 09:44 AM
And I believe I was deflecting that onto the Texas Aggies, Quickdraw.
I belelive you quickdraw mother****ers shouls have a stomp contest.

BEST STOMPER WINS.

lol

Octavian
5/8/2007, 10:02 AM
I've got Nebraska losing to USC but beating A&M

A&M's win in Austin was their first big road victory since Genesis

Fraggle145
5/8/2007, 10:02 AM
Wah, Wah Wah Wah.... WooOOooOO...

http://www.whatdvd.net/WhatDVD-Graphics/main/295.jpg

dolemitesooner
5/8/2007, 10:27 AM
I've got Nebraska losing to USC but beating A&M

A&M's win in Austin was their first big road victory since Genesis
Thats a BOld perdiction my freind

I think we beat Texass

Ardmore_Sooner
5/8/2007, 11:05 AM
I just don't see OSU winning 9 games

Ash
5/8/2007, 11:17 AM
I just don't see OSU winning 9 games

I have yet to hear a good reason why they'll be any better than they were last year.

OSUAggie
5/8/2007, 11:20 AM
1. More experienced play @ QB.

2. Stability at RB.

3. Better crop of WR.

4. Fedora's offense has proven to thrive in year 3.

5. Defense can't get any worse.

6. Got rid of Bedford.

OSUAggie
5/8/2007, 11:20 AM
Not that any of that necessarily = 9 wins. The team might be improved and still have the same record, with the way the schedule is set up.

dolemitesooner
5/8/2007, 11:29 AM
I think your spek is red

Ardmore_Sooner
5/8/2007, 11:33 AM
OSU may be better, but the schedule is just way to tough.

soonervegas
5/8/2007, 12:17 PM
I agree with much of that:

We have to watch Texas celebrate in the Cotton Bowl (again), they have to watch us celebrate two months later in Houston.

OSU loses 1 more game than you have down, but they are going to be pretty good.

Nebraska is the North winner.

Ash
5/8/2007, 12:51 PM
1-4. :les: BESTEST OFFENSE IN ALL OF THE UNIVERSE!!!1!1

6. Got rid of Bedford.

Oh, OK, now I get it...:rolleyes:

Big Red Ron
5/8/2007, 01:04 PM
Fedora's name alone will prevent you guys from being any good.

OUstud
5/8/2007, 02:58 PM
CU: I thought that was good, except they'll find a way to lose to CSU.
ISU: I don't think they'll be that bad, maybe 5-6, 6-5.
KU: If they don't get out of that OOC schedule unbeaten, then Mangino will be in some trouble...(basically what's been said about them for the past couple of years, then they go lose to Toledo or something)
KSU: Good, they'll probably be a meh kind of team.
MU: I don't think they'll lose to Nebbish or A&M, but they'll lose to someone stupid (ISU? KU?) and blow it in typical Tiger fashion.
NU: Will lose to WF and/or USC, then to Mizzou and Texass.
Baylor: Rice and/or Buffalo will beat them. TX State also has a shot, they're a pretty good D-1AA team.
OU: All good except Texass :D
Aggy: See Mizzou, they'll lose a couple of stupid ones like usual.
Texass: Pretty much good except for the OU game and maybe A&M.
A&M: Additionally, they'll lose to Texass and Mizzou to finish 6-6. Fran fired.
Tech: Good.

Mr T Likes Texas
5/8/2007, 05:26 PM
i was at the UNT game last year and after the performance i said to my friends 'we lose three games this year' and quickly got razzed.... i made $500 after the alamo bowl :D

i see the OU game as a crapshoot for both teams. If the offense can get any sort of ground attack going texas might be pretty good. the defense will do better than most people expect.

50/50 in RRS
loss to OSU

Big Red Ron
5/8/2007, 07:18 PM
50/50 in RRS
loss to OSUYou're saying UT loses to Aggie?

OSUFAN11
5/8/2007, 07:36 PM
You guys are getting worked up over some predictions. Everybody has their own opinion so let them have it. I guarantee you that almost everybody will have some mistakes. I have never seen the season play out the way somebody predicted it in the pre-season.

Big Red Ron
5/8/2007, 08:07 PM
You guys are getting worked up over some predictions. Everybody has their own opinion so let them have it. I guarantee you that almost everybody will have some mistakes. I have never seen the season play out the way somebody predicted it in the pre-season.Then you weren't around here in 1999. I predicted an undefeted season and a blow out victory against UT, before the season started.:twinkies:

Octavian
5/8/2007, 08:22 PM
A&M: Additionally, they'll lose to Texass and Mizzou to finish 6-6. Fran fired.

Nah...Fran's gotta megabucks contract that runs 'till 2012. He's all good. :D

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/3871/franronmc0.gif (http://imageshack.us)

OSUFAN11
5/8/2007, 09:02 PM
Then you weren't around here in 1999. I predicted an undefeted season and a blow out victory against UT, before the season started.:twinkies:

Im not talking about predictions for just one team. That can be done! I predicted OSU's last year! I was talking about somebody predicting every team in the big 12. The chance of somebody getting them all right is very very slim.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/8/2007, 10:18 PM
I belelive you quickdraw mother****ers shouls have a stomp contest.

BEST STOMPER WINS.

lolThere's a couple of burning paper sacks on my front porch. They need to be stomped out.

Mr T Likes Texas
5/8/2007, 10:44 PM
You're saying UT loses to Aggie?

indeed. they scare UT too often to always lose.

TexasLidig8r
5/9/2007, 09:20 AM
indeed. they scare UT too often to always lose.

We're 19 - 2 all time against Okie Lite. Since the start of the Big XII, only have lost once to Okie Lite and that was in Mackovic's Tear-Down-The-Goalposts swansong tour.

Okie Lite has some talent but at the end of the day.. Okie Lite is Okie Lite and Texas is Texas.

OSUAggie
5/9/2007, 10:19 AM
We're 19 - 2 all time against Okie Lite. Since the start of the Big XII, only have lost once to Okie Lite and that was in Mackovic's Tear-Down-The-Goalposts swansong tour.

Okie Lite has some talent but at the end of the day.. Okie Lite is Okie Lite and Texas is Texas.

We didn't even tear down the goalposts after kicking your *** in '97.

That must be demoralizing. ;)

GoState
5/9/2007, 10:36 AM
Nah...Fran's gotta megabucks contract that runs 'till 2012. He's all good. :D

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/3871/franronmc0.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Who is kid on the left?

I_SMELL_FEAR
5/9/2007, 01:23 PM
We didn't even tear down the goalposts after kicking your *** in '97.

That must be demoralizing. ;)

you have to have more than 10 people to tear down a goalpost. ;)

JDawg2303
5/10/2007, 04:15 PM
OSU's prediction is ridiculous. They are not going to beat Texas in AUSTIN and A&M in COLLEGE STATION. I'm sorry but they may come out of the gates early like they always do (esp against Texas) but they're going to choke like usual. I agree with some of the previous posters that RRR is a toss-up. It's going to be a great game and as usual, the Big XII South will be decided then unless a major choke job occurs (i.e. last season =D )

OSUAggie
5/10/2007, 04:22 PM
OSU's prediction is ridiculous. They are not going to beat Texas in AUSTIN and A&M in COLLEGE STATION. I'm sorry but they may come out of the gates early like they always do (esp against Texas) but they're going to choke like usual. I agree with some of the previous posters that RRR is a toss-up. It's going to be a great game and as usual, the Big XII South will be decided then unless a major choke job occurs (i.e. last season =D )

I guess it's good that OSU doesn't have to play Texas in AUSTIN.

JDawg2303
5/10/2007, 04:27 PM
I guess it's good that OSU doesn't have to play Texas in AUSTIN.

Ah! I stand corrected. For some reason I thought they were playing in Austin. My mistake. However, my statement still stands. Look back 2 years (2005) and the same thing will happen (in Stillwater). OSU will throw the first punch, wake Texas up at half-time, **** 'em off and lay OSU out for the count.

Ash
5/10/2007, 04:39 PM
WTF!!!!!

Oh...sorry...for a second I thought we were talking OSU "football" on this board.

DeadSolidPerfect
5/10/2007, 06:35 PM
South:
Texas
Okla U
Okla St
Texas Tech
Texas A&M
Gaylor

North:
Nebraska
K-State
Missouri
KU
Colorado
I-S-U

Pumpkin U will win 9 games, bank it.

goingoneight
5/10/2007, 07:15 PM
That leaves 4 losses to OU, TX, aTm, GA, and possibly Nebbish if they were to lose 5.

They'll no doubt be happy with 9 wins, but look at the powers you're beating to get 9 wins.

FAU (Schnellenboozer)
Troy (not Trojan-Troy)
Arkansas State? (I think that's who they're playing)
Tech (game where over 100 points will be scored again)
Baylor
Nebraska (beatign Calahan isn't what I call beating a power)
Kansas (Manginowned)
Kansas State (fart in the wind)
Bowl win against another 9-win team is possible, IMHO.

OSUAggie
5/11/2007, 10:30 AM
That leaves 4 losses to OU, TX, aTm, GA, and possibly Nebbish if they were to lose 5.

They'll no doubt be happy with 9 wins, but look at the powers you're beating to get 9 wins.

FAU (Schnellenboozer)
Troy (not Trojan-Troy)
Arkansas State? (I think that's who they're playing)
Tech (game where over 100 points will be scored again)
Baylor
Nebraska (beatign Calahan isn't what I call beating a power)
Kansas (Manginowned)
Kansas State (fart in the wind)
Bowl win against another 9-win team is possible, IMHO.

Sam Houston State, not Arkansas State.

Those are games that OSU should win, outside of Nebraska.

OSU has never been a program to win all the games they should win, so that would be a nice step forward in my estimation.

utex74
5/13/2007, 09:57 PM

A&M beat Texas six years in a row, I think, back in the Jackie Sherrill pay for play days and right after they showed him the door. Early 90's. Dark ages.

OUFan22
5/14/2007, 11:33 AM
1. More experienced play @ QB.

2. Stability at RB.

3. Better crop of WR.

4. Fedora's offense has proven to thrive in year 3.

6. Got rid of Bedford.
Hey Aggie, how's the lumber business doing back home? Did you ever tell John Hello for me?

BTW, I think you nailed it with #5.

VolinArizona
5/14/2007, 11:23 PM
Kansas state won't win 6 games

olevetonahill
5/14/2007, 11:50 PM
You guys are getting worked up over some predictions. Everybody has their own opinion so let them have it. I guarantee you that almost everybody will have some mistakes. I have never seen the season play out the way somebody predicted it in the pre-season.
Watch this prediction Aggie
OU runs the Table and brings home # 8 :cool:

olevetonahill
5/14/2007, 11:52 PM

Okie Lite has some talent but at the end of the day.. Okie Lite is Okie Lite and Texas succs.
Fixed up there for Ya :D