PDA

View Full Version : Questions on 08 needs...

BASSooner
5/7/2007, 07:34 PM
I've been surfin on soonerscoop and soonersillustrated and I am wondering what are the specific targets that we need(position wise) and players that we are VERY interested in besides Arthur Brown and Jon Major?

KingDavid
5/7/2007, 10:24 PM
I've been surfin on soonerscoop and soonersillustrated and I am wondering what are the specific targets that we need(position wise) and players that we are VERY interested in besides Arthur Brown and Jon Major?

WR is a big need. Look at the ones available on Rivals 100 and you'll see some of our major targets. Rivals has a war board, too. It does a good job of saying who we're trying to get

BASSooner
5/7/2007, 10:56 PM
Yeah I've seen some of the guys and I assume that the BIGGEST targets are Dejuan Miller, DeShaun Hales, and Jeff Fuller. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

MojoRisen
5/8/2007, 01:55 PM
What about the kid from Muskogee - 6-3 4.4 flat 215 or so.

Pfunk
5/8/2007, 02:31 PM
owens

BASSooner
5/8/2007, 05:44 PM
I think we're also trying to get his teammate, Stacey McGee

rankin07
5/8/2007, 05:47 PM
so do we lead on miller and owens? it would be great to get both of them

KingDavid
5/8/2007, 11:31 PM
so do we lead on miller and owens? it would be great to get both of them

Miller likes us a lot. You would think we'd have the lead on Owens. But after getting Fulmerized on Robert Meachem, I won't make any predictions on top-flite in-state receivers.

I think we'll get at least one of them.

snp
5/9/2007, 04:15 PM
I won't say how I know it, but I do know that owens favors ou.

melbitoast
5/9/2007, 10:30 PM
I hope this isn't inappropriate, but if you go to oklahoma.scout.com and click on prospects, you can see a full list of who we've offered and every kid that's interested in us that we haven't offered. great page to stay up on recruiting news other than what you magical insiders present us (SuperNinja...you rock).

snp
5/10/2007, 03:16 AM
Just gotta remember that that list isn't 100% reliable. Some kids mistake interest from schools for offers. There's a juco ot that claims he has an offer from us, and I'd guarantee we don't take a juco ot this year.

Your post wasn't inappropriate at all. Thanks :cool:

melbitoast
5/10/2007, 10:09 PM
Just gotta remember that that list isn't 100% reliable. Some kids mistake interest from schools for offers. There's a juco ot that claims he has an offer from us, and I'd guarantee we don't take a juco ot this year.

Your post wasn't inappropriate at all. Thanks :cool:

Thanks for the reassurance Ninja.

I know it's not 100% accurate, but it's a good starting point. They're also usually a day or two behind on stories sometimes. Ben Habern's committment wasn't posted for a good 48 hrs after it hit Rivals.

Do you have any current insider news on anyone recently?

The Consumate Showman
5/11/2007, 07:35 AM
I think we can forget Hales. Whoren.

Look for Joe Adams out of Arky to fill our slot need.

I expect to get Owens (this is almost 100% sure...99.9% right now) and Adams. I think Fuller is going to join the whorens and Miller is the wild card. Does he come back home to the place he has consistently said he loves or does he stay home at Rutgers or turn into another Dewayne Jarrett?

IMO, we get Miller and secure what might be one of the best WR classes we've had at OU.

snp
5/11/2007, 12:55 PM
Yea, I've felt Hales is a UT lean for a while now. oh well, can't go wrong with Adams or Wright. They're all really similar.

Do you have any current insider news on anyone recently?

I can find out some info tonight. Who do you have in mind?

KingDavid
5/11/2007, 10:32 PM
I think we can forget Hales. Whoren.

Look for Joe Adams out of Arky to fill our slot need.

I expect to get Owens (this is almost 100% sure...99.9% right now) and Adams. I think Fuller is going to join the whorens and Miller is the wild card. Does he come back home to the place he has consistently said he loves or does he stay home at Rutgers or turn into another Dewayne Jarrett?

IMO, we get Miller and secure what might be one of the best WR classes we've had at OU.

Some pretender on Rivals was making like we had a shot at Julio Jones, too. I think that's a huge stretch. With Tennell and Caleb coming on strong . . . and also having both Madu and Murray able to play the slot . . . if we get any two of those three (Owens, Miller, Adams), we'll be just fine. We'll still have Johnson and Iglesias finishing up as Seniors next year, too . . . even if Kelly moves on, as we must expect him to do.

insuranceman_22
5/11/2007, 11:45 PM
I think WR is an important position this class! We're sitting pretty well for this year and next, but a solid class this year would be nice. Looking at the QB situation 2 to 3 yrs. down the road, we'll be glad we have some talent on the outside, we should be able to throw the ball.

Hope you guys are right on Owens, for some unexplainable reason I not very sure he'll be a Sooner (although I do hope so). Looks like both the guys out of Ark. would be nice speedy additions, hope we can pull at least one. I think Hales will end up in Austin....poor guy. Fuller should end up a Sooner though! Miller is the wild card (thanks Showman), he has the size to be lethal, I really hope we can land him.

melbitoast
5/12/2007, 09:43 AM
Yea, I've felt Hales is a UT lean for a while now. oh well, can't go wrong with Adams or Wright. They're all really similar.

I can find out some info tonight. Who do you have in mind?

Sorry, for the delay; I can't view this from work.

We have a lot of big name WR looking our way, so if we get 2 of them, I'll be happy. Not really concerned about Hales anymore b/c of his size (or lack there of at the moment).
See what you can find out about Carl Moore. JUCO WR that I doubt we have any interest in, but the guy is 6'4, 225, and apparently has 4.4 speed. Every big time program has offered this guy. I know JUCO WRs aren't necessarily our forte, but with Kelly's future in doubt and our other 2 starters being SRs in '08, this massive JR may not be a bad idea.

The Consumate Showman
5/12/2007, 10:53 AM
I think that Julio was using us to get an offer and bump his ranking...much like our very own Daniel Franklin has. Julio will be highly coveted, and you can bet that some of Saban's ca$$$$$$h will find its way to his pockets ;)

snp
5/13/2007, 11:26 PM
Sorry, for the delay; I can't view this from work.

We have a lot of big name WR looking our way, so if we get 2 of them, I'll be happy. Not really concerned about Hales anymore b/c of his size (or lack there of at the moment).
See what you can find out about Carl Moore. JUCO WR that I doubt we have any interest in, but the guy is 6'4, 225, and apparently has 4.4 speed. Every big time program has offered this guy. I know JUCO WRs aren't necessarily our forte, but with Kelly's future in doubt and our other 2 starters being SRs in '08, this massive JR may not be a bad idea.

Sorry for the delay as well, got pretty drunk this weekend and forgot all about this.

Talked to my source a few minutes ago and he didn't have much on him. Said we were after him, but that's it. He said he'll try and keep an ear out for me on this guy.

bprao5
5/16/2007, 09:05 AM
Quick story on Dejuan Miller, thought this might interest those of you who like %.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=2&c=644311

insuranceman_22
5/16/2007, 11:21 PM
Thanks bprao5 - nice post!

rankin07
5/17/2007, 12:11 AM
i wonder if dejuan miller could make a huge impact for us like dwayne jarrett did at usc..they are the same size..speed...and from new jersey...something to think about :) that would be awsome

melbitoast
5/21/2007, 09:43 PM
What do we know about C.J. Cox??? A little piece on Scout today, "If offered, I'd commit." 5'11", 190 lb, 4.6, safety out of North Garland. He's really high on us, but apparently the coaches are wanting to see him live at camp before making any offers.
Any of you spies know much about his status or potential?

BASSooner
5/24/2007, 04:28 PM
SNJ and/or Consumate Showman,

What's the most recent scoop on OUr following prospects?

Chancey Aghayere
Dejuan Miller
Arthur Brown
Jameel Owens
Stacey McGee
Jon Major

Also this dude named Eddie Brown who's a DT seems to be interested in us. According to rivals, he runs an unofficial 4.55 tim with a weight of 266 pounds. Do we have any interest in this guy? Also, are there any more linemen that we are looking for?

melbitoast
5/29/2007, 08:26 PM
It's been quiet for a few days now. Any insiders have any exciting news? Any new committs coming anytime soon?

snp
5/29/2007, 10:39 PM
Sorry, haven't checked this thread in a while.

Aghayere - We have a "good shot" at getting him.
Dejuan Miller - Us or Rutgers. Feel good about him and my NJ contact doesn't. Should be making a decision within the month so we'll find out soon.
Arthur Brown - This one is going take some patience. He's making a huge trip this summer to a bunch of different, quality schools. Lots of competition for him, but luckily there's a million good reasons to come here.
Owens - Very confident in him signing with ou.
Major - Is being heavily recruited around the nation and is planning on cutting the list by the end of summer. We might not know anything until then.