PDA

View Full Version : Goddard Health Center

BajaOklahoma
5/6/2007, 11:09 PM
With all of the improvements that OU has made on the Norman campus, why is this place still a joke? It was when I was there and hasn't improved.
We have a wonderful HSC just up the road in OKC, with great medical facilities and resources.
Someone needs to come in and overhaul the whole thing - except Medical Records (they are extremely helpful, do their job well and go out of their way to be nice).

Apparently there was a big article in the paper about it this Spring. It was not complementary.

My daughter needs to get a two step TB test and a varicella titer done so she can start classes at the HSC in the Fall. She has tried to get an appt for this since March. We are talking a blood draw, two TB skin tests (with reading them 48 hrs later) that have to be done a week apart. She has paperwork that shows what the school requires. They can't schedule the TB test because they can't find a time to schedue it to be read.
It's not hard to do this right. Schedule all of the TB tests to be given on Mondays mornings and read them on Wednesday mornings. A doctor can be on standby if there is a problem - schedule regular patients early and save the 11:00 slot for allow for people with problems with the TB test.

So now we will just get it done down here when she comes home. I really wanted it done so we could turn in the last of her paperwork. uggggh!

SicEmBaylor
5/6/2007, 11:20 PM
I call ours the Clap Shack.

GottaHavePride
5/6/2007, 11:21 PM
With all of the improvements that OU has made on the Norman campus, why is this place still a joke? It was when I was there and hasn't improved.
We have a wonderful HSC just up the road in OKC, with great medical facilities and resources.
Someone needs to come in and overhaul the whole thing - except Medical Records (they are extremely helpful, do their job well and go out of their way to be nice).

Apparently there was a big article in the paper about it this Spring. It was not complementary.

My daughter needs to get a two step TB test and a varicella titer done so she can start classes at the HSC in the Fall. She has tried to get an appt for this since March. We are talking a blood draw, two TB skin tests (with reading them 48 hrs later) that have to be done a week apart. She has paperwork that shows what the school requires. They can't schedule the TB test because they can't find a time to schedue it to be read.
It's not hard to do this right. Schedule all of the TB tests to be given on Mondays mornings and read them on Wednesday mornings. A doctor can be on standby if there is a problem - schedule regular patients early and save the 11:00 slot for allow for people with problems with the TB test.

So now we will just get it done down here when she comes home. I really wanted it done so we could turn in the last of her paperwork. uggggh!

Heh. They told PG they don't have any time to schedule her for an allergy shot until after she leaves for Greece. Seriously, a shot takes all of about 30 seconds, people.

critical_phil
5/6/2007, 11:28 PM
baja,

have her go to the family medicine clinic at OUHSC.

i couldn't find my shot records last year, so i had to get a few vaccines/titers even though i knew i was current. as far as the PPD, i think they just told me to call if there was a reaction.

i was in and out in 10 minutes (yeah, that's what she said).

Suerreal
5/6/2007, 11:52 PM
I received crappy cattle call care there on quite a few occasions (please tell me Dr. Peters finally retired?). One time I needed them to be good, they came through.

End of freshman year I was feeling really run down. Chalked it up to trying to do too much. (Is 18 hours as a chem major, sorority, swim team, ROTC, and falling in love with future hubby really so much?) I tried, really tried, to grit it out until the end of the semester.

After a week of eating almost nothing because it wouldn't stay down, I passed out & my roommate & several friends brought me to Goddard on a Sunday. I spent the next 5 days there (during the last week of classes) recovering from mono, but the preliminary tests weren't positive, and the mono had really messed up my liver, so for a while they thought I had hepatitis, especially since about 6 weeks earlier there had been an outbreak of hepatitis A affecting 20-30 students. About 6 people had to get gamma-globulin shots on my account :(, including my boyfriend who got his AFTER they knew I didn't have Hep A. The nurses upstairs were actually quite nice. Overall, I give 'em a B- for that one, with points subtracted for treating my BF so badly.

The time they really did well, though, was one afternoon, I went to swim practice and felt awful. Actually, for a change, I'd gotten there early, because I came straight over from Couch cafeteria, and didn't feel like going back up to my dorm room, and so went straight to the pool. Well, I finally decided I did not feel well enough to swim, and found my car & drove over to Goddard. I walked in and stood in line to sign in. I must have looked awful, because a nurse came out from behind the counter and pulled my out of line and brought to the treatment room. Turned out I was going into shock from an allergic reaction to a pill I took for my knees. I received very good treatment that afternoon, and put up with the not-so-good encounters after that.

- Sue

soonerboomer93
5/7/2007, 12:17 AM
I was lucky, I never went to Goddard...

Ardmore_Sooner
5/7/2007, 12:19 AM
Been there once for myself and once with a friend and had little to no problems... I would still recommend a real clinic!

SoonerTerry
5/7/2007, 01:06 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/SimTechMan/Goddard.gif

proud gonzo
5/7/2007, 01:15 AM
yeah, i've been getting irritated at them a bit recently. not at the nurses... but at the scheduling. the injection nurses are very nice.

but in all honesty, they said they are completely booked solid for the next week and a half. it's not surprising they coudlnt' work in a TB test, seeing how they couldn't work in an allergy shot that i kinda NEED every week. :mad: