PDA

View Full Version : Yet another reason to hate Walmart.

MamaMia
5/6/2007, 08:26 PM
So, a girlfriend called with a sick grandbaby needing me to make a run to Walmart for her. So I wrote down the list, grabbed my keys and off I went. I was in luck that the rain had subsided. When I arrived at the Walmart I saw shopping carts everywhere. You could hardly find a parking place for all the carts. I didn't mind since I needed the walk anyway. So as I was walking the 70 yards or so toward the door, I spotted an elderly lady moving 3 carts that she had put together to over near the cart parking stall, which was completely full, and then some. I glanced to my left and noticed that there wasn't even one handicap parking space available because carts were in them all. So I started moving carts on my side to free up 4 handicap spaces.

When inside, I approached the greeter at the door. We'll call her Ginger. I told to Ginger that there were carts all over the parking lot and that its almost impossible for folks to find a place to park. I explained to her that when I was approaching the building I saw an elderly woman moving carts away from her car so that she could back her car out, and that there were carts all over the handicap area.

She squinted her beady eyes at me, snapped and raised her voice at me. She said, and I quote, word for word..."I am not about to tell anyone to go out there to get carts and have them get struck by lightening. People need to stay home when its raining!!"

The thought that ran through my head was...'Gee whiz lady, all you had to do was smile and say... "I know. I'll have them move the carts once I know the lightening has completely subsided, but thanks for letting me know."

So, trying not to show the 'Okay, you're crazy, so I'll just walk away slowly' look. I said ...Okay then...and slowly walked away.

That would have been that except for the fact that I decided to get my husband some sugar free angel food cake, which was at the entrance to the store. Well there she was running her mouth to one of those girls with the red vests loaded with pins and such. I told the manager that Gingers account of what I said was not true at all. The manager said "I know what happened" which she doesn't, and she walked off. I checked out and left.

BajaOklahoma
5/6/2007, 08:37 PM
I really don't care to claim Mr & Mrs Walton as Sooners. Ever. I absolutely hate their stores. Dirty, full of rude staff and ruder customers. I have managed to avoid going there for years. And look forward to avoiding them in the future.

Put 'em out of business, which would free their workers for other .......
sorry, that's for another thread. ;)

oumartin
5/6/2007, 08:43 PM
I was there today as well Mama and you know the same two carts have blocked the entrance by k-bobs for the last two days. Its a darn shame its the only place in town to go.

StoopTroup
5/6/2007, 08:49 PM
Gee...

I've never heard anything bad about Walmart till now.

I'm totally shocked. :D

StoopTroup
5/6/2007, 08:51 PM
You know how some of these places have those signs that say they aren't responsible for damage to your car from those carts....?

I wonder how they would feel if I told them I wasn't responsible for the damage I did to the carts with my truck.

MamaMia
5/6/2007, 08:51 PM
I really don't care to claim Mr & Mrs Walton as Sooners. Ever. I absolutely hate their stores. Dirty, full of rude staff and ruder customers. I have managed to avoid going there for years. And look forward to avoiding them in the future.

Put 'em out of business, which would free their workers for other .......
sorry, that's for another thread. ;)You are very wise. :) I feel like oumartin. I wish we had more places to shop here in Woodward, but they ran a K-Mart, or was it a Target, off with a list of broken promises they gave the Chamber of Commerce. Yes Baja.

I was there today as well Mama and you know the same two carts have blocked the entrance by k-bobs for the last two days. Its a darn shame its the only place in town to go.Those two carts were over at K-Bobs since fish night then. :eek:

oumartin
5/6/2007, 08:54 PM
oh I would love to have a Target here. WalMart would be gone in a month!
Wonder what it would take to actually get them here.

MamaMia
5/6/2007, 08:58 PM
You know how some of these places have those signs that say they aren't responsible for damage to your car from those carts....?

I wonder how they would feel if I told them I wasn't responsible for the damage I did to the carts with my truck.
I have always wondered how they could not be responsible for what happens. As many carts as were in that lot today, and as slick and windy as it was, how could they not be responsible? I was told that if someone sneaks into my backyard and drowns in my pool, I would be held responsible. :confused:

oumartin
5/6/2007, 09:00 PM
Mama Let me tell you how to get action! call the headquarters. They stripped our oil pan plug on my wifes car a few years back and the guy back in the tire and lube place copped an attitude with my wife. she called arkansas and that guy was gone and they bought our new oilpan.
I am about to give them a call myself about the crap at this store.

MamaMia
5/6/2007, 09:05 PM
oh I would love to have a Target here. WalMart would be gone in a month!
Wonder what it would take to actually get them here. Not let Walmart call the shots every time some business wants to come here.

Remember the Hastings that we were suppose to get? Remember the Hobby Lobby that never materialized? As long as the Chamber of Commerce allows Walmart to run this town, nothing will ever change. No wonder Mutual of Omaha and so many other businesses are leaving. Theres no acceptable place for folks to shop!

oumartin
5/6/2007, 09:07 PM
wow and i heard wal mart is getting rid of the crafts department as well.

MamaMia
5/6/2007, 09:13 PM
wow and i heard wal mart is getting rid of the crafts department as well.Lovely. :rolleyes:
Did you notice how they fired all those checkers after they got all those self checkout stands? However they close them before the sun goes down, so if you go there after dinner be prepared to stand forever in one of the 4 or 5 lines they have open. I have read many an entire issue of Readers Digest while waiting in line at Walmart when 4/5ths of the registers were closed.

oumartin
5/6/2007, 09:17 PM
yes but I refuse to use self checkout because that very reason. somebody lost a job over the self checkout.

MamaMia
5/6/2007, 09:27 PM
yes but I refuse to use self checkout because that very reason. somebody lost a job over the self checkout. I shall call 1-800-WAL-MART in the morning and tell them the truth about what happened since the manager walked away from me before I could say a full sentence. :confused:

Any message any of you would like me to give them? :D

oumartin
5/6/2007, 09:28 PM
just tell them wal mart sucks eggs!

bluedogok
5/6/2007, 09:42 PM
Could also be the laziness of shoppers not taking carts to the cart corral? That is what i see happening most of the time, if people would put the carts where they are suppose to go an old lady wouldn't have to move them out the way. This happens everywhere, people are just too damn inconsiderate to others anymore.

I don't think the Waltons would claim what has become of their company anymore....even their kids have very little to do with the company these days.

sanantoniosooner
5/6/2007, 09:45 PM
Sorry.

I have filled my quota of reasons to hate Walmart.

If a spot frees up, I'll see if your reason is worthy to fill the vacancy.

MamaMia
5/6/2007, 10:08 PM
Could also be the laziness of shoppers not taking carts to the cart corral? That is what i see happening most of the time, if people would put the carts where they are suppose to go an old lady wouldn't have to move them out the way. This happens everywhere, people are just too damn inconsiderate to others anymore.

I don't think the Waltons would claim what has become of their company anymore....even their kids have very little to do with the company these days.
Yes. it would help if people would return their carts to the stalls. I have noticed that the folks here in Woodward are pretty good about doing that compared to the city slickers. ;)

I always return mine, however this evening the cart stall and all around the cart stall was way over loaded with carts.

KABOOKIE
5/6/2007, 10:10 PM
I went to Wal-Mart again. It sucks. Why do I still go? Oh that's right. They have what I want at a great price. If it stinks so bad then go to Target where they have no one to help you, limited selection, and their prices are jacked up. ;)

oumartin
5/6/2007, 10:10 PM
yeah it does no good to take them to the car stalls when the stalls are already overloaded with carts.

Soonrboy
5/6/2007, 10:16 PM
Why didn't you just send your husband? :D

SoonerGirl06
5/6/2007, 10:18 PM
I'm confused as to why Mama was buying him a cake. I thought she was going on strike?

bri
5/6/2007, 10:20 PM
I went to Target tonight. It was teh win.

City livin' is the life for me.

SicEmBaylor
5/6/2007, 10:26 PM
I had to pick up some white out from Wal-Mart today and I used the self-checkout. The woman comes over and expects my bag, sees the white out, and then asks to see my ID.

I got IDed for f-ing WHITE OUT!

sanantoniosooner
5/6/2007, 10:28 PM
I had to pick up some white out from Wal-Mart today and I used the self-checkout. The woman comes over and expects my bag, sees the white out, and then asks to see my ID.

You fit the profile for the kind if kid that would use it on his privates.

BajaOklahoma
5/6/2007, 10:40 PM
I went to Wal-Mart again. It sucks. Why do I still go? Oh that's right. They have what I want at a great price. If it stinks so bad then go to Target where they have no one to help you, limited selection, and their prices are jacked up. ;)

I don't know where your Target is, but our Target has better quality and better selection than our Wal*Mart. Appliances, clothing, hardware, linens, pharmacy, you name it.
Our Target is well staffed - they actually have a waiting list of people who want to work there.
The only reason that I can imagine needing to go to Wal*Mart would be if it was after hours and our 24 hr pharmacy or grocery store doesn't have the item. And it would have to be an emergency.

bri
5/6/2007, 10:47 PM

Dude, you should stop your bitching and just be glad she doesn't read this board. She would have taken the white-out and anything with sharp corners to protect you from yourself.

PhxSooner
5/6/2007, 10:49 PM
The closest Wal-Mart to me is about 15 miles away, so I go to the two closer Targets instead. I used to shop alot more at the Supercenter, but the employees have gotten ruder and ruder, and the selection of stuff has gotten smaller. I'm also ticked that they're getting rid of the fabric section, since I always got my patterns and material for my kids' school play costumes from them. Now I'll have to go buy fabric from the overpriced JoAnn's.

SoonerGirl06
5/6/2007, 10:55 PM

Quit your belly-aching! You'll appreciate the whole getting ID'd thing in a few years when you're an old fart. ;)

MamaMia
5/6/2007, 11:04 PM
Quit your belly-aching! You'll appreciate the whole getting ID'd thing in a few years when you're an old fart. ;)When my son and I went to the quick trip on the 4th of July 1996 to buy beer, he didn't get ID'd. I decided we may need a couple more 6 packs. I got ID'd. It was funny. Actually, its still funny, every time I retell the story at the family reunions. :P

SoonerGirl06
5/6/2007, 11:06 PM
When my son and I went to the quick trip on the 4th of July 1996 to buy beer, he didn't get ID'd. I decided we may need a couple more 6 packs. I got ID'd. It was funny. Actually, its still funny, every time I retell the story at the family reunions. :P

Kinda makes you giggle everytime you get ID'd, huh?

Half the time the checkers that are checking your ID are usually underage themselves. :D

pb4ou
5/6/2007, 11:21 PM
mom, this just hasn't been your week, has it? :mad:

;)

MamaMia
5/6/2007, 11:23 PM
Kinda makes you giggle everytime you get ID'd, huh?

Half the time the checkers that are checking your ID are usually underage themselves. :D
I don't get ID'd anymore. My age caught up with me once the grandkids started being born. Every once in a while someone will think I'm the oldest grand daughters mother, instead of her Nana though. I get a charge out of that. So does she. :D

MamaMia
5/6/2007, 11:24 PM
mom, this just hasn't been your week, has it? :mad:

;)No, it has been a hard week for me. Thoughtless hubby, Tonadoes. Hail stroms. Walmart witches. ~sigh~

Oh well, I still have a lot to be thankful for though. :)

CRASH 02
5/6/2007, 11:28 PM
I would have pushed every single cart to the back of the parking lot.

MamaMia
5/6/2007, 11:37 PM
I would have pushed every single cart to the back of the parking lot.Cant people get arrested for cart tampering? :D

pb4ou
5/6/2007, 11:40 PM
I was at a Wal-Mart yesterday giving away free puppies at the far end of the parking lot.

TopDawg
5/7/2007, 12:13 AM
I rarely have these bad customer service experiences you people have at all your places. Maybe y'all are just grouchy.

;)

bri
5/7/2007, 01:58 AM
Yeah, I've always noticed that my own self.

Maybe it's just my laid-back nature that allows me to conduct simple transactions without suffering soul-crushing injustices from malicious and/or inattentive retail employees...

afs
5/7/2007, 04:48 AM
you should steal a cart everytime you go to walmart and dispose of it in a forest.

StoopTroup
5/7/2007, 05:24 AM
Unless Walmart is THE only place with groceries in your town....

What you NEED may have to be gotten at WaldoWorld.

However...here in Tulsa...they have very little I NEED...

The only reason I bought my daughters bike there in February is that I had shopped around and they had the best Schiwnn at the best price.

Other than the bike...we got all we needed somewhere else.

MamaMia
5/7/2007, 06:59 AM

Maybe it's just my laid-back nature that allows me to conduct simple transactions without suffering soul-crushing injustices from malicious and/or inattentive retail employees...
Oh yeah, thats what it is Mr.Smarty Britches. If snappy Walmart door greeters are rude to people who politely tell them that carts are all over the handicap parking area, its because the customer is un-laid back. :rolleyes:

Bri, sometimes a persons nature is only as laid back as their power is null and void.

crawfish
5/7/2007, 07:43 AM
Wal-Marts here have to ID everyone. No exceptions. They scan your driver's license. Yesterday, the 70ish-year-old woman in front of me had to pull out her ID for her wine. :rolleyes:

SoonerJack
5/7/2007, 08:49 AM
I don't know where your Target is, but our Target has better quality and better selection than our Wal*Mart. Appliances, clothing, hardware, linens, pharmacy, you name it.
Our Target is well staffed - they actually have a waiting list of people who want to work there.
The only reason that I can imagine needing to go to Wal*Mart would be if it was after hours and our 24 hr pharmacy or grocery store doesn't have the item. And it would have to be an emergency.

Target has a better selection in hardware? This I fail to believe. I'm no Wal-Mart fan, but if you want to buy a hammer, they have several to choose from. If you want to buy a hammer at Target, they MAY have ONE. And if they do have one it's going to have a red Target logo on it and come in a plastic hammer kit with flowers on it.

Target does have hella cool commercials though.

bri
5/7/2007, 09:47 AM
Man, I sure hope they move those carts soon to make room for the wahhmbulance.

MamaMia
5/7/2007, 09:52 AM
Man, I sure hope they move those carts soon to make room for the wahhmbulance. It takes a real cold hearted person to not care at all about whether or not the handicapped have a place to park. As usual Bri, you should be ashamed of yourself.

bri
5/7/2007, 10:11 AM
As usual, Mama, I could give a flying f*ck what you think of me.

And just to save time and bandwidth, I don't feel ashamed about that, either.

sooner_born_1960
5/7/2007, 11:47 AM
this post is a waste of bandwidth
I agree.

badger
5/7/2007, 11:52 AM
I shall call 1-800-WAL-MART in the morning and tell them the truth about what happened since the manager walked away from me before I could say a full sentence. :confused:

Any message any of you would like me to give them? :D
Tell them that you are organizing a boycott until these issues and store personnel are dealt with.

royalfan5
5/7/2007, 11:53 AM
As long as David Glass is willing to spend money on pitching, Wal-mart is okay with me.

bri
5/7/2007, 11:57 AM
I agree.

Good to know.

Who are you, again?

Fraggle145
5/7/2007, 12:07 PM
I dont go there because I hate fat people.

The other part of that is they wouldnt need so many damned handicapped spaces if they'd get up off their fat *** and walk in the store. You know before they proceed to ride around on the carts, taking them away from someone that may REALLY NEED IT.

****ing fat people. :mad:

That is all.

badger
5/7/2007, 12:10 PM
I dont go there because I hate fat people.

The other part of that is they wouldnt need so many damned handicapped spaces if they'd get up off their fat *** and walk in the store. You know before they proceed to ride around on the carts, taking them away from someone that may REALLY NEED IT.

****ing fat people. :mad:

That is all.
I used to work at Lowe's. Returning those to the front of the store after somebody finished using those was FUN. Why would NOT want to ride in one of those all over the place?

Oh yeah... you'd feel guilty about taking it from somebody else and all...

Obesity is a disability, too! Haven't you seen The Simpson's episode where Homer gets even fatter to avoid working out?

Fraggle145
5/7/2007, 12:15 PM
Obesity is a disability, too! Haven't you seen The Simpson's episode where Homer gets even fatter to avoid working out?

They should cure obesity the same way they fix broken legs in horses.

Handicap that horse race.

jk the sooner fan
5/7/2007, 12:15 PM

yeah you seem real laid back around here, i can imagine how that would carry on to other parts of your life, like shopping

bri
5/7/2007, 03:15 PM
Well, this is just the internet.

:D

KABOOKIE
5/7/2007, 08:49 PM
Someone's sobering up.

bri
5/7/2007, 08:51 PM
And someone's stalking me with his one aborted flipper baby of a "joke".

You're gonna ask me to Prom, aren't you?

SoonerGirl06
5/7/2007, 09:16 PM
It's amazing how sobriety brings out the worst in some people. :rolleyes:

bri
5/7/2007, 09:22 PM
Maybe that's why the campus alcohol ban is such a terrible thing. :D

SoonerGirl06
5/7/2007, 09:24 PM
Maybe that's why the campus alcohol ban is such a terrible thing. :D

Well hell! I can't argue with that! :( :D