PDA

View Full Version : What's it been? Over 24 hrs since the Greensburg KS twister

Okla-homey
5/6/2007, 04:46 PM
...and no looting reported yet. Wassup with that? :D

Suerreal
5/6/2007, 04:50 PM
1. No one but search & rescue parties allowed in town.

2. Um, nothing left to loot.

Penguin
5/6/2007, 04:52 PM
Good thinking, homey. Let me grab my looting shoes and a bag and I'll meet you there.

oumartin
5/6/2007, 04:53 PM
nothing to steal up there trust me. unless you need some farm equimpment.
had a nice John Deere Dealership.
Suprised the meth heads haven't hit the grain elevators hard for the anhydrous.

Okla-homey
5/6/2007, 05:07 PM

yep, my baby bro told me that John Deere dealership was the largest in Kansas...and that's saying something.

My heart aches for the Mennonites up there. Those fine people have provided disaster relief services around the country for decades. I hope some of the communities they've helped return the kindness now that they need a hand.

oilmud
5/6/2007, 05:28 PM

Destroyed the best hotel for 100 miles, that Best Western was right livin for a man stuck in western ks.

oumartin
5/6/2007, 05:32 PM
oh yes, i forgot about the motel. it was nice. Many a time I stopped off at the local convenience store there to relieve the pressure off the chocolate starfish and the wife always picked up a scratch and win.

oilmud
5/6/2007, 05:50 PM
oh yes, i forgot about the motel. it was nice. Many a time I stopped off at the local convenience store there to relieve the pressure off the chocolate starfish and the wife always picked up a scratch and win.

heh, I've sat at that stop and rob and rubbed off many a scratch and win.

trwxxa
5/6/2007, 07:53 PM
Unfortunately, we did not make it to 48 hours.

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/7360861.html

oumartin
5/6/2007, 08:00 PM
page not found!

KABOOKIE
5/6/2007, 08:04 PM
Unfortunately, we did not make it to 48 hours.

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/7360861.html :(

Yep. I was going to say that tornados bring out the really ****tiest types of people. And I would gurantee y'all that looters are in Greensburg. In 1992 tornados that ripped through Wichita and South Central Kansas brought out plenty of white trash looters as well.

Fort Riley Soldiers Arrested For Looting
Posted: 4:50 PM May 6, 2007
Last Updated: 5:09 PM May 6, 2007
Reporter: Associated Press
Email: [email protected]

May 6-- Four Fort Riley soldiers were arrested for looting from a store in Greensburg.

Major General Tod Bunting, the state's adjutant general, said the soldiers came to Greensburg to help on their own, and were not
part of any official detachment.

Few details were available, but Bunting says the four went into a store last night and took more merchandise than the owner wanted them to take. He was not sure what store they went into, but it was
one of the few buildings still standing after Friday night's storm.

Bunting also did not know exactly what the soldiers took.

He said the soldiers were being held at the Pratt County Jail. He did not know if they had been charged.

The Pratt County sheriff's office said it would release information later in the day.

StoopTroup
5/6/2007, 08:07 PM
Yeah...I heard there was a few idiots a few hours ago....

Temptation....

Sad that it overtakes some folks good thinking...

KABOOKIE
5/6/2007, 08:15 PM
Though this doesn't look that bad. The story does say,

the four went into a store last night and took more merchandise than the owner wanted them to take.

Sounds like the owner gave them permission to take what they wanted just probably not THAT much. The soldiers were probably trying to gather food and supplies for several friends and family.

trwxxa
5/6/2007, 09:59 PM
A little more info from KAKE

May 6-- Four Fort Riley soldiers and a reserve police officer were arrested today for looting cigarettes and alcohol from a store in Greensburg.

Major General Tod Bunting, the state's adjutant general, said the soldiers and reserve police officer were not part of any official detachment.

Sharon Watson, a spokeswoman for the adjutant general's office, said the five were arrested at a Dillon's supermarket. They and were being held at the Pratt County Jail without bond. She said all five were in uniform, so police allowed them to come and go freely despite a curfew in the town.

Watson said the officer was from a central Kansas community, but she was not sure which town.

In a separate incident, two people wearing Red Cross jackets who were not members of the Red Cross were arrested for looting. Watson
said she did not have any additional details.

SleestakSooner
5/6/2007, 10:02 PM
Though this doesn't look that bad. The story does say,

Sounds like the owner gave them permission to take what they wanted just probably not THAT much. The soldiers were probably trying to gather food and supplies for several friends and family.

Ummm yeah right :rolleyes:

KABOOKIE
5/6/2007, 10:12 PM
Ummm yeah right :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: whatever.

So how else would you explain this statement?

the four went into a store last night and took more merchandise than the owner wanted them to take.

bri
5/6/2007, 10:15 PM
:rolleyes: whatever.

So how else would you explain this statement?

Um, how would you explain this statement?

Four Fort Riley soldiers and a reserve police officer were arrested today for looting cigarettes and alcohol from a store in Greensburg.

Oh, sorry, forgot the obligatory :rolleyes:

KABOOKIE
5/7/2007, 12:30 AM
Um, how would you explain this statement?

Oh, sorry, forgot the obligatory :rolleyes:

Another story from what was originally posted? As usual knowitallitis to the rescue.

So the owner of the store says take what you need. Soldiers need smokes and booze. Well, then the store owner gets all upity and calls the cops. Yeah and.... :rolleyes:

bri
5/7/2007, 02:03 AM
If by "knowitallitis" you mean "actually uses the most recent story that contains actual facts as opposed to initial conjecture (followed by the phrases 'did not know exactly what the soldiers took' and 'The Pratt County sheriff's office said it would release information later in the day') to formulate an opinion on said story", then I am guilty as charged.

You know, there's making an honest mistake, and then there's simply being too big of a prick to admit that you're wrong. Congratulations on your graduation to the latter. :rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
5/7/2007, 02:31 AM
You know, there's making an honest mistake, and then there's simply being too big of a prick to admit that you're wrong. Congratulations on your graduation to the latter. :rolleyes:

I'm this year's commencement speaker.

KABOOKIE
5/7/2007, 08:31 AM
If by "knowitallitis" you mean "actually uses the most recent story that contains actual facts as opposed to initial conjecture (followed by the phrases 'did not know exactly what the soldiers took' and 'The Pratt County sheriff's office said it would release information later in the day') to formulate an opinion on said story", then I am guilty as charged.

Cry me a river dude. The comment I made was that it initially doesn’t sound as bad as it could be, because the store owner gave the soldiers permissions to take stuff. That was based upon the most recent story I had to go on. As the story progresses we’re learing more and more about what happened. Panties in a wad much? :rolleyes:

Oh and uh....

You know, there's making an honest mistake, and then there's simply being too big quick to judge somebody. Congratulations on your graduation to the latter

bri
5/7/2007, 10:13 AM
Wow, it took you two tries at that post, and that was STILL the best you could manage?

Yeesh.

Jerk
5/7/2007, 10:17 AM
Smokes and booze?

That's essential equipment.

Add a stripper and you get a search party.

KABOOKIE
5/7/2007, 08:34 PM
Wow, it took you two tries at that post, and that was STILL the best you could manage?

Yeesh.

Yeah sorry I can't come up with some lengthy eloquent reply to test your mad chat room skeeelz. Here's to you Mr. Internetknowitall! Reach around and grab those panties.

bri
5/7/2007, 08:37 PM
Um, okay?

Don't worry, I'm sure that'll resemble actual English after two or three edits, dude.

KABOOKIE
5/7/2007, 08:37 PM
Um, okay?

Don't worry, I'm sure that'll resemble actual English after two or three edits, dude.

Or after your high wears off.

bri
5/7/2007, 08:39 PM
Oh, SNAP!!!

Oh, wait, I've never even tried pot. F*ckwit.

picasso
5/7/2007, 08:42 PM
cat fight!

KABOOKIE
5/7/2007, 08:43 PM
Oh, SNAP!!!

Mad skeelz.

bri
5/7/2007, 08:46 PM
Yes, I could see where the likes of you would be wicked envious of my lightning-fast wit and command of the King's English.

picasso
5/7/2007, 08:47 PM
Yes, I could see where the likes of you would be wicked envious of my lightning-fast wit and command of the King's English.
you ain't never met Martin Luther the Kang.

bri
5/7/2007, 08:49 PM
you ain't never met Martin Luther the Kang.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m10/hulksmaash/WAKE%20UP/dreamsicle.jpg

:D

olevetonahill
5/7/2007, 09:54 PM
Oh, SNAP!!!

Did you Inhail ?

bri
5/7/2007, 09:57 PM
Heh, my best friend in grade school and junior high was the biggest juvy deliquent in Pryor Creek. He always threatened to kick anyone's *ss that tried to get me to drink or have a smoke...and he threatened to kick MY *ss if I tried. :D

TheBobbyTrain
5/7/2007, 10:42 PM
Heh, my best friend in grade school and junior high was the biggest juvy deliquent in Pryor Creek. He always threatened to kick anyone's *ss that tried to get me to drink or have a smoke...and he threatened to kick MY *ss if I tried. :D

So this dude had to protect you AND got to boss you around? What'd you do to become his b*tch?

bri
5/7/2007, 11:25 PM
That's what you got from that heartwarming tale?

Anything you wanna tell us, Backward Dancer?

apusooner
5/8/2007, 12:43 AM
could you explain backward dancer? just curious.

TheBobbyTrain
5/8/2007, 12:45 AM
That's what you got from that heartwarming tale?

Anything you wanna tell us, Backward Dancer?

Well, not real sure what a backward dancer is, but at least I never had to have anyone stand up for me or tell me what to do or else I'd get my *** kicked. Go ahead and negspek me and 'put me in my noob corner', I won't lose sleep over it.

It's kinda funny that someone like you calls me a derogatory name from your desk chair being an internet badass with however many posts you have. I hope it makes you feel better - seriously - whatever it takes to make up for being a great big ***** for having someone protect you and tell you what to do earlier in life. So- while you sit there and think of another incredibly lame derogatory term for me, I'm going to go back to studying for my finals, then make plans to go be social when finals are over and not contribute thousands upon thousands of posts wasting my life away in front of a computer screen.