PDA

View Full Version : and the Bedl@m Cup goes to........

OSUFAN11
5/6/2007, 09:21 AM
Oklahoma State!

TopDawg
5/6/2007, 10:23 AM
the what?!

OSUFAN11
5/6/2007, 10:49 AM
The Bedl@m Cup! See the 2006-2007 Bedl@m Series thread in this forum that was locked.

Rhino
5/6/2007, 10:58 AM
Mr. Parker: It's a Major Award!
Swede: Shucks I wouldn't know that. It looks like a lamp.
Mr. Parker: What is a lamp, you nincompoop? Tt's a Major Award. I won it!
Swede: Damn, hell, you say won it?
Mr. Parker: Yeah, mind power, Swede; mind power.

http://www.oklahomarock.com/SF/christmas-story-leg-lamp.jpg

Mr. Parker: It's... it's... it's indescribably beautiful! It reminds me of the Fourth of July!

Big Red Ron
5/6/2007, 11:01 AM
What is this cup you speak of? Have we won it? Who won it last year or the year before that?

OSUFAN11
5/6/2007, 11:04 AM
What is this cup you speak of? Have we won it? Who won it last year or the year before that?

I think this is only our third time to win it since it started 7 or 8 years ago.

TopDawg
5/6/2007, 11:19 AM
2 years ago I got in an argument with an OSU fan. He thought they were all that and stuff. Started talking smack about the ****** Cup. I argued with him mostly just to get under his skin (surprising, huh?) but then after doing a little research I discovered that we had actually won it the year before and were in good shape to win it again. OSU had made such a big hoo-ha about it when they had won it 2 years prior, that he was sure they had won it again. OU had made such a little deal about it that I didn't even know we had won it the year before.

I think it's a bigger deal up in Stillwater than in Norman.

OSUFAN11
5/6/2007, 11:25 AM
2 years ago I got in an argument with an OSU fan. He thought they were all that and stuff. Started talking smack about the ****** Cup. I argued with him mostly just to get under his skin (surprising, huh?) but then after doing a little research I discovered that we had actually won it the year before and were in good shape to win it again. OSU had made such a big hoo-ha about it when they had won it 2 years prior, that he was sure they had won it again. OU had made such a little deal about it that I didn't even know we had won it the year before.

I think it's a bigger deal up in Stillwater than in Norman.

probably

oklaclarinet
5/6/2007, 12:09 PM
I think this is only our third time to win it since it started 7 or 8 years ago.

Yeah, first time in five years.

P.S. It's not a cup, it's a bell. Cups open up, bells open down.

OSUFAN11
5/6/2007, 01:14 PM
Yeah, first time in five years.

P.S. It's not a cup, it's a bell. Cups open up, bells open down.

P.S. the Bedl@m bell is won in individual sports. I dont even think they have a trophy for what I am talking about. I think they just call it the Bedl@m cup!

Big Red Ron
5/6/2007, 01:51 PM
Wow, we get trophies for kicking around OSU? I did not know that.

John Kochtoston
5/6/2007, 05:04 PM
probably

Definately.

Newbomb Turk
5/6/2007, 05:07 PM
Definately.

certainly.

oklaclarinet
5/6/2007, 05:37 PM
P.S. the Bedl@m bell is won in individual sports. I dont even think they have a trophy for what I am talking about. I think they just call it the Bedl@m cup!

Actually, the winner of each sport gets a bell, and then the winner of the overall series gets a bell as well.

OSUFAN11
5/6/2007, 07:00 PM
Actually, the winner of each sport gets a bell, and then the winner of the overall series gets a bell as well.

P.S. I didnt know that!

goingoneight
5/6/2007, 07:03 PM
Let it go Sooner Fans, it's the only revenue sport trophy they'll get for a while.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/6/2007, 07:04 PM
I've seriously never seen this "trophy" before.

John Kochtoston
5/6/2007, 07:19 PM
I've seriously never seen this "trophy" before.

It looks like a giant tiddlywink, surrounded by a lasso.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/6/2007, 07:43 PM
Seriously? I knew they handed them out at the games, but I have yet to see this "challenge trophy". I'm so glad I don't bank at Bank of OK, why do they continue to make this a rivalry?

OSUFAN11
5/6/2007, 07:46 PM
Why do you think that OSU VS OU is not a rivalry? Just because of football? They always play pretty close in basketball and teh basebaall games are usually pretty close too! Dont base it just on one sport!

Ardmore_Sooner
5/6/2007, 07:48 PM
You guys tend to think it is a rivalry. Do you think we care when you guys come to Norman to play football? It's the end all be all in Stoolwater when we go up there to play. I'm just glad I went to this years game and gave NO money to that sorry excuse of a university.

OSUFAN11
5/6/2007, 07:52 PM
You guys tend to think it is a rivalry. Do you think we care when you guys come to Norman to play football? It's the end all be all in Stoolwater when we go up there to play. I'm just glad I went to this years game and gave NO money to that sorry excuse of a university.

You are once again basing it just off of football.

Big Red Ron
5/6/2007, 07:56 PM
You are, once again basing it just off of football.You are once again, on an OU FOOTBALL board.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/6/2007, 07:58 PM
You are once again, on an OU FOOTBALL board.

BRR, it's hard to reason with a moron. Don't even try.

OSUFAN11
5/6/2007, 08:03 PM
BRR, it's hard to reason with a moron. Don't even try.

Ha Ha! You are saying that OSU vs OU should not be a rivalry in a thread that is about OSU winning the Bedl@m Cup! If you consider the rivalry for every sport then it is a great one. With the way OSU's athletic department beat OU's athletic department this year, I guess you could say that it does not deserve to be a rivalry. The only thing OU beat us in this year was football, Womens basketball, Softball and you split with us in basketball. If you take out football and womens basketball, it is a great rivalry!

Big Red Ron
5/6/2007, 08:06 PM
Ha Ha! You are saying that OSU vs OU should not be a rivalry in a thread that is about OSU winning the Bedl@m Cup! If you consider the rivalry for every sport then it is a great one. With the way OSU's athletic department beat OU's athletic department this year, I guess you could say that it does not deserve to be a rivalry. The only thing OU beat us in this year was football, Womens basketball, Softball and you split with us in basketball. If you take out football and womens basketball, it is a great rivalry!OU womens basketball makes more money than wrasslin and baseball combined. Heck, our softball team probably makes more money than your baseball team does.

If a tree falls in the woods...

If a team wins at a sport...

Ardmore_Sooner
5/6/2007, 08:10 PM
Sorry OSUFAG11, I don't pop one at the sight of this Bed-lame Bell. You can keep it and continue to not win any championships of any kind in sports that people actually care about.

OSUFAN11
5/6/2007, 08:10 PM
OU womens basketball makes more money than wrasslin and baseball combined. Heck, our softball team probably makes more money than your baseball team does.

If a tree falls in the woods...

If a team wins at a sport...

Your AD still got beat down by our AD this year! :D

Big Red Ron
5/6/2007, 08:11 PM
Your AD still got beat down by our AD this year! :Dhuh?

OSUFAN11
5/6/2007, 08:11 PM
Sorry OSUFAG11, I don't pop one at the sight of this Bed-lame Bell. You can keep it and continue to not win any championships of any kind in sports that people actually care about.

We have won big 12 championships in basketball and tournament championships in baseball! Those are sports people care about!

oufan1
5/6/2007, 08:12 PM
You are once again basing it just off of football.
But the truth is ALL of you sheep humping fans would trade all the craplem cups for A football win.

OSUFAN11
5/6/2007, 08:12 PM
huh?\

AD=athletic department

Ardmore_Sooner
5/6/2007, 08:15 PM
We have won big 12 championships in basketball and tournament championships in baseball! Those are sports people care about!

We have more basketball in the past 7 years than you. I'm talking about this year.

Big Red Ron
5/6/2007, 08:16 PM
We have won big 12 championships in basketball and tournament championships in baseball! Those are sports people care about!Eh, you have the same amount of Big XII championships as OU and less tournament championships as OU in basketball and Baseball, I have no Idea but we've won it before a time or two.

OSUFAN11
5/6/2007, 08:18 PM
We have more basketball in the past 7 years than you. I'm talking about this year. Baseball is not over yet!

Big Red Ron
5/6/2007, 08:19 PM
\

AD=athletic departmentWhatever dude. Oh, are you talking about that silly bell thingy? Well congrats. Apparently they've been doing that for a few years and you guys finally pulled one out. Congrats, I guess.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/6/2007, 08:21 PM
Baseball is not over yet!

:confused: Wow dude, what are you smoking?

SOONER STEAKER
5/6/2007, 09:56 PM
The only cup I know is the one you use for protection in baseball. In Stillwater, they all wear thimbles. Need I say more about the cup?

Jello Biafra
5/6/2007, 10:15 PM
probably

definately. until this thread, i hadn't even realized we had ever won it. now i know...... another bullet for the resume :rolleyes:

Jello Biafra
5/6/2007, 10:17 PM

im not positive about this but since i've been paying attention to basketball, i think we have 4 big XII championships to your one...

John Kochtoston
5/6/2007, 10:19 PM
Ha Ha! You are saying that OSU vs OU should not be a rivalry in a thread that is about OSU winning the Bedl@m Cup! If you consider the rivalry for every sport then it is a great one. With the way OSU's athletic department beat OU's athletic department this year, I guess you could say that it does not deserve to be a rivalry. The only thing OU beat us in this year was football, Womens basketball, Softball and you split with us in basketball. If you take out football and womens basketball, it is a great rivalry!

Thing is, though, OSU is a football school. They just suck at it.

goingoneight
5/6/2007, 11:59 PM
Why do you think that OSU VS OU is not a rivalry? Just because of football? They always play pretty close in basketball and teh basebaall games are usually pretty close too! Dont base it just on one sport!

Because it's football offseason, basketball is a dead-even split for 2006/7... and no one with a pulse seems to care about anything else. If you think your athletic department "spanked" us in 2007... look at your overall ticket sales and revenue generated for 2006-2007. You'll find yourself kissing up to that bed-dumb bell even more. Tell me again, what happened after last year's "sweep?" Yeah... thought so. I don't remember exactly what happened, but I do remember OU going further in the post-season.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/7/2007, 12:12 AM
Because it's football offseason, basketball is a dead-even split for 2006/7... and no one with a pulse seems to care about anything else. If you think your athletic department "spanked" us in 2007... look at your overall ticket sales and revenue generated for 2006-2007. You'll find yourself kissing up to that bed-dumb bell even more. Tell me again, what happened after last year's "sweep?" Yeah... thought so. I don't remember exactly what happened, but I do remember OU going further in the post-season.

It doesn't matter to them, beating us is all that matters in the season!

OSUAggie
5/7/2007, 09:10 AM

How was basketball a dead-even split (in '06-07) but you were mo betta in baseball (in '06) b/c you went 'further' in the postseason?

And are you saying you didn't get swept in baseball last year?

OSUFAN11
5/7/2007, 10:49 AM
How was basketball a dead-even split (in '06-07) but you were mo betta in baseball (in '06) b/c you went 'further' in the postseason?

And are you saying you didn't get swept in baseball last year?

They just keep digging and digging. They dont have an answer for us beating them down this year so they bring up ticket sales and things that happened last year.