PDA

View Full Version : OT: Tornado Coverage

winnard
5/5/2007, 09:30 PM
Gary England: Vallllllll, what have you got??
Val: Garrr, we got ball size hail, ball size hail Garrrr.
GE: Valllll, be more specific, what size balls? Git on the gentner.....
Val:Garrr, that would be David Payne size balls.
GE: JUMP BACK THROW ME DOWN, THAT IS SOME BIG HAIL, VALLLLLL!!

winnard

sooner518
5/5/2007, 11:01 PM
Denver weather is boring. i miss tornado season

OUAndy1807
5/5/2007, 11:31 PM
I don't know why we have to listen to these guys chase tornadoes out in the panhandle.

Sooner98
5/6/2007, 12:08 AM
Those 10,000 or so Woodwardians may disagree with you.

King Crimson
5/6/2007, 12:11 AM

did you think that 70 inches of snow in the last week of December and January was boring? i didn't. when i was stuck on an RTD bus for 11 hours on 36. and slept in a Red Cross shelter on the basketball floor at Metro State.

i know what you are saying, that black orange electric sky thing at 3 pm leaves an imprint, no doubt.

sooner518
5/6/2007, 12:20 AM
did you think that 70 inches of snow in the last week of December and January was boring? i didn't. when i was stuck on an RTD bus for 11 hours on 36. and slept in a Red Cross shelter on the basketball floor at Metro State.

i know what you are saying, that black orange electric sky thing at 3 pm leaves an imprint, no doubt.
hmmm it wasnt boring i guess, just annoying. that sucks. i guess i was lucky to be at home during all that crap.

i just miss having actual storms and thunder and lightning displays. but overall, the weather here owns Oklahoma weather.

oumartin
5/6/2007, 09:21 AM
I don't know why we have to listen to these guys chase tornadoes out in the panhandle.

I really don't care if you have too! thats the only coverage we have and its important to us.

SoonerStormchaser
5/6/2007, 09:58 AM
Gary England Drinking Game

Pregame
1. Everyone selects a storm chaser other than Val Caster. Every time Gary talks to your storm chaser, you take one drink. Take two drinks every time we see footage from your storm chaser. Take four drinks if your storm chaser says "tornado on the ground."

2. Everyone selects a county other than Pottawatomie County. Every time Gary mentions your county, you take one drink. Take two drinks every time we see footage from your county. Take four drinks if a tornado touches down in your county.

One drink
1. Take one drink every time Gary says the following:
"Hook echo" | "Updraft" | "Metro" | "Doppler radar" | "Wall cloud" | "Ranger 9" | "Underground" | "Mobile home"

2. When Gary gives a list of counties, take one drink for every county in the list.

3. Take one drink every time Gary interrupts a program. Take one drink if Gary says "You're not missing any of [program name]." Take one drink when Gary says "We'll keep you advised."

Two drinks
1. Take two drinks every time Gary says the following:
"Baseball-sized hail" | "Waterloo Road" | "Pottawatomie County" | "Deer Creek High School"

2. Take two drinks every time Gary mentions the following towns:
Altus | Burns Flat | Dill City | Gotebo | Hydro | Lookeba | Meeker | Mulhall | Oktaha | Olustee | Shattuck | Slaughterville | Tryon | Vici | Waukomis | Wayne (or Payne) | Weleetka | Wetumkah

3. Take two drinks every time Gary talks to Val Caster.

Three drinks
1. Take three drinks if we see footage from Val Caster.

2. Take three drinks if we see footage from Pottawatomie County.

3. Take three drinks if Gary mentions the following:
"Immediate tornado precautions" | "National Weather Service" | "Mesocyclone" | "Portable Radio" | "Take shelter" | "Tornado warning in effect until …"

Four drinks
1. Take four drinks if Ranger 9 must land to refuel.

2. Take four drinks if Gary issues his own tornado warning, not recognized by the NWS or says the following:
"Will someone please answer that phone?" | "Do you see power flashes?"

3. Take four drinks if a shirt-less tornado victim is interviewed.

Finish your drink
1. Finish your drink if someone uses the word tornado as a verb or if Gary mentions the nearest cross streets to you.

2. If Gary says "We've lost Val," pour a little out for your homies and finish your drink.

oumartin
5/6/2007, 10:09 AM
you people never cease to amaze me.

SoonerTerry
5/6/2007, 11:33 AM
Great game SSC..

spec to ya

bluedogok
5/6/2007, 11:36 AM
I saw on a Colorado motorcycle board that there was some snow in the foothills there yesterday. It is almost summer, that means that I am also ready to move to Colorado.

winnard
5/6/2007, 04:39 PM
Gary England Drinking Game

Pregame
1. Everyone selects a storm chaser other than Val Caster. Every time Gary talks to your storm chaser, you take one drink. Take two drinks every time we see footage from your storm chaser. Take four drinks if your storm chaser says "tornado on the ground."

2. Everyone selects a county other than Pottawatomie County. Every time Gary mentions your county, you take one drink. Take two drinks every time we see footage from your county. Take four drinks if a tornado touches down in your county.

One drink
1. Take one drink every time Gary says the following:
"Hook echo" | "Updraft" | "Metro" | "Doppler radar" | "Wall cloud" | "Ranger 9" | "Underground" | "Mobile home"

2. When Gary gives a list of counties, take one drink for every county in the list.

3. Take one drink every time Gary interrupts a program. Take one drink if Gary says "You're not missing any of [program name]." Take one drink when Gary says "We'll keep you advised."

Two drinks
1. Take two drinks every time Gary says the following:
"Baseball-sized hail" | "Waterloo Road" | "Pottawatomie County" | "Deer Creek High School"

2. Take two drinks every time Gary mentions the following towns:
Altus | Burns Flat | Dill City | Gotebo | Hydro | Lookeba | Meeker | Mulhall | Oktaha | Olustee | Shattuck | Slaughterville | Tryon | Vici | Waukomis | Wayne (or Payne) | Weleetka | Wetumkah

3. Take two drinks every time Gary talks to Val Caster.

Three drinks
1. Take three drinks if we see footage from Val Caster.

2. Take three drinks if we see footage from Pottawatomie County.

3. Take three drinks if Gary mentions the following:
"Immediate tornado precautions" | "National Weather Service" | "Mesocyclone" | "Portable Radio" | "Take shelter" | "Tornado warning in effect until …"

Four drinks
1. Take four drinks if Ranger 9 must land to refuel.

2. Take four drinks if Gary issues his own tornado warning, not recognized by the NWS or says the following:
"Will someone please answer that phone?" | "Do you see power flashes?"

3. Take four drinks if a shirt-less tornado victim is interviewed.

Finish your drink
1. Finish your drink if someone uses the word tornado as a verb or if Gary mentions the nearest cross streets to you.

2. If Gary says "We've lost Val," pour a little out for your homies and finish your drink.

KFOR Channel 4 10 PM News drinking game.
Every time they say "listen to this" take one shot.
You will be wasted by the time Leno comes on.

winnard

Jerk
5/6/2007, 09:02 PM
Winnard...

Your first name isn't John, is it?

Okla-homey
5/6/2007, 09:18 PM
This just in: take cover Seminole!

StoopTroup
5/6/2007, 09:22 PM
My Sat Dish can't get a signal....

I need an update....lol.

Sooner98
5/6/2007, 09:53 PM
I haven't been watching Gary England, but if those rules applied to a Mike Morgan Drinking Game, people would be sh#t-faced by now. He's mentioned Pottawatomie County about fifteen times in the last ten minutes.

winnard
5/6/2007, 09:54 PM
Winnard...

Your first name isn't John, is it?

Uh oh.

winnard

proud gonzo
5/6/2007, 10:26 PM
wait, does "OT" in the thread title mean "off topic" or "oklahoma trombone"? because if it means "off topic"... this is the south oval, so nothing's really off topic. And Oklahoma Trombone is no more. he has evolved. or something.

Paperclip
5/6/2007, 11:05 PM
It was off topic before it got moved from the football board.

proud gonzo
5/7/2007, 01:16 AM
well that would explain it. do the football n00bs not know about this forum or something?

OUAndy1807
5/7/2007, 01:24 AM
well that would explain it. do the football n00bs not know about this forum or something?I wish less of them knew about it already.

Jerk
5/7/2007, 06:47 AM
John..

I used to fly RC with you.

I almost shot you down once.

winnard
5/7/2007, 06:44 PM
John..

I used to fly RC with you.

I almost shot you down once.

At Hefner or Draper? I miss those days!

winnard

Jerk
5/7/2007, 07:52 PM
Hefner. You called it the D.O.R.K.s lol

This is Curt, remember me?

I'm about 40 pounds heavier and my hair is short. Married, wife, mortgage, job, dog, etc.

I don't fly but I still have 2 quarter scales, both with Saito 1.80's.

I still remember seeing you do the craziest things with that Goldberg Ultimate. About a week ago I was remembering those old times and I thought about when you went out there to where your plane had crashed and started beating it with a stick. 15 years later that still makes me laugh.

sooneron
5/8/2007, 12:10 AM
no chit!!

winnard
5/10/2007, 06:11 PM
Hefner. You called it the D.O.R.K.s lol

This is Curt, remember me?

I'm about 40 pounds heavier and my hair is short. Married, wife, mortgage, job, dog, etc.

I don't fly but I still have 2 quarter scales, both with Saito 1.80's.

I still remember seeing you do the craziest things with that Goldberg Ultimate. About a week ago I was remembering those old times and I thought about when you went out there to where your plane had crashed and started beating it with a stick. 15 years later that still makes me laugh.

Hey Curt! Those were the days! I still think about flying, and those times at Hefner were awesome. The pattern circuit really burned me out, I have nothing good to say about that stuff. Hacking around at Hefner was the most fun of all. The politics at the D.O.R.K.S are retarded nowadays, just like the White House!

winnard

Jerk
5/10/2007, 08:14 PM
Hey Curt! Those were the days! I still think about flying, and those times at Hefner were awesome. The pattern circuit really burned me out, I have nothing good to say about that stuff. Hacking around at Hefner was the most fun of all. The politics at the D.O.R.K.S are retarded nowadays, just like the White House!

winnard

I got back into it for several years around 2001-2002. I ended up paying a premium price for a membership to Guthrie's 'Sooner Squadron' field. After that, I never went to back Hefner. Too many radio glitches, and too many old men wanting to tell me the rules. There isn't much more fun than flying R/C, and I enjoy it even more than my current hobby of hunting/shooting. Thing is, I can buy a rifle for $1500 and it will last me the rest of my life. I can by an airplane for the same price and it can go *poof* at any time. I just can't justify the cost now. It was easier to do when it was my parent's money:D

I still have 2 airplanes and I will get back into it someday.

OUTromBoNado
5/10/2007, 11:40 PM
I drove through Greensburg, KS, last Saturday. Poor folks. They had more tornadoes touch down just a few miles south of their town. That damage was incredible.

Horrible thing.