PDA

View Full Version : OU leads on a 5 star for 08

LittleWingSooner
5/5/2007, 06:21 PM
Marc Maggard just called in from an AAU Tournament in Fort Wayne, IN, to tell us that the buzz around the tournament is that Willie Warren has expanded his main schools to three, adding Oklahoma to UK and Kansas. According to Marc, a couple of the folks at the tournament are saying that Warren is telling people that Oklahoma is his slight leader due to their strong recruitment of his friend Rotnei Clarke in 2008. Some are speculating that UK’s pickup of Alex Legion may have changed things slightly for Warren, and thus the Sooners have moved in to fill in the void.

My own take on this…..Warren is a guy who will decide by the end of the summer, but his high energy personality will give us many “leaders” during the process…..this is just the latest.

Link (http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=2383)

crawfish
5/5/2007, 06:48 PM
Man, that's really nice to hear...from a KENTUCKY source, no less.

Clarke and Warren would make a GREAT recruiting class all by themselves!

william_brasky
5/5/2007, 08:15 PM
Nice. Very Nice.

rankin07
5/5/2007, 09:50 PM
dang I hope rotnei comes to OU he's such a great shooter he could make an impact on us like j.j. redick did on duke..shooters are very VERY valuable to have...and adding a great kid like warren makes it that much better jeff capel is gonna be a big time recruiter and having his great recruiters on his staff is just awsome

birddog
5/6/2007, 01:19 AM
damn, i'd love to see us start to get some big time recruits on campus.

capel's going to get some love from alot of people if he can start signing players that teams like uk and ku are after.

the_ouskull
5/6/2007, 02:48 AM
shooters are very VERY valuable to have

Shut up. In basketball? For reals?

the_ouskull

william_brasky
5/6/2007, 03:13 AM
Shut up. In basketball? For reals?

the_ouskull

quit picking on the noobs. :texan:

soonerdave79
5/6/2007, 10:01 AM
Interesting how the_ouskull is picking on a guy who has an ou skull for his avatar. Just sayin'

Ash
5/6/2007, 10:50 AM
Hmm...that's good news, we'll have to see how it shakes out.

As for Rotnei, people were impressed with his passing skills as well as shooting at the Kingwood Classic. It sounds like his game has developed and most scouts were looking at him as a combo or PG. If other parts of his game catch up to his shooting ability, he could be a tremendous gaurd and really help OU.

Big Red Ron
5/6/2007, 06:13 PM
Is Rotnei going to OU?

LittleWingSooner
5/6/2007, 06:19 PM
I can't say for sure. But I think this coaching hire of the guy from Arkansas was big time and is really helping the recruiting.

the_ouskull
5/6/2007, 06:24 PM
Interesting how the_ouskull is picking on a guy who has an ou skull for his avatar. Just sayin'

Dude... that's freakin' funny. I like that avatar though.

Oh well... Just goes to show ya that, newb or not, cool avatar or not, bring it or get it swatted back like Amare Stoudamire is apparently allergic to doing to Tim Duncan. Gah.

the_ouskull

rankin07
5/12/2007, 12:52 AM
yes the ou skull shooters are valuable in basketball i bet u didnt know that ;)because they make the ball go in the basket u know? that's like unbelievable

OSUAggie
5/12/2007, 02:04 AM
dang I hope rotnei comes to OU he's such a great shooter he could make an impact on us like j.j. redick did on duke..shooters are very VERY valuable to have...and adding a great kid like warren makes it that much better jeff capel is gonna be a big time recruiter and having his great recruiters on his staff is just awsome

haha, yes, I hope you get him, too.

the_ouskull
5/12/2007, 10:58 AM
yes the ou skull shooters are valuable in basketball i bet u didnt know that ;)because they make the ball go in the basket u know? that's like unbelievable

Don't go trying to play it off now. You're the one that said it.

the_ouskull

King Crimson
5/12/2007, 11:13 AM
there's no doubt we need someone who can score the ball. no way around it. when Godbold (nice hustle, role player) is taking clutch 3's at the end of a game....you know we are in trouble. not a "go to" guy on a good team.

rankin07
5/17/2007, 12:21 AM
Lol...alright ouskull u got me i won't play it off haha

skycat
5/17/2007, 10:16 AM
Good luck with him, but I've lost count of the number of schools that Warren has claimed to be his favorite(s).

I honestly think the guy likes messing with the recruiting services/message boards.

OSUAggie
5/17/2007, 10:18 AM
Willie Warren = Jai Lucas School of Recruiting

KU has been consistently mentioned in everything I've seen from him, though.

rankin07
5/20/2007, 06:19 PM
for some reason im still not allowed to post new threads...so i'll say it on here...Dante Anderson, a shooting guard out of Gainesville (Fla.) Eastside, was killed Friday night in a single car accident. OU was recuiting him that's just terrible news had a great young career ahead of him...RIP