PDA

View Full Version : I let my trainees get over on me

1stTimeCaller
5/5/2007, 09:05 AM
You may remember my stunning tale about my last trainee sleeping quite a bit. This one is worse. He's not only stupid but worse, he's lazy too. He said that he had been an MWD hand for another company for a year and that he had been on 5 of our wells. He couldn't find anything on the mud report. I asked him to fill out 3 different forms and not one of them got done.

He's in his trailer snoozing away. I've been up since 1:30 getting my logs perfect and I took the encoder off of the rig. My plan was that I would get the logs done and he could watch me and learn how to do final logs and then I would help him with the tearing down of our equipment on the rig. I told him that I would be ready to print about 8am and that we could be gone NLT Noon. He said that sounded great to him.

It was a way cool move on my part. The night hand always gets kicked out of the trailer to rig down by himself while the lead hand finishes printing logs. I thought it would be good for him to see this process as I just learned how to do this on my last well.

He's on his own with the rig down. And he's going to be the one sticking around to lay our tool down.

OUDoc
5/5/2007, 09:07 AM
No scholarship for him.

1stTimeCaller
5/5/2007, 09:10 AM
He's about 45 years old. And he smells like old man and swisher sweets.

OUDoc
5/5/2007, 09:11 AM
He's about 45 years old. And he smells like old man and swisher sweets.
Howzit might like him.

1stTimeCaller
5/5/2007, 09:15 AM
6 logs printed out, one coming out as I type, 21 more to go. I'm probably half way done time wise with these stupid things.

OUDoc
5/5/2007, 09:19 AM
That sounds like it sucks, 1TC.

StoopTroup
5/5/2007, 09:26 AM
Can you play on your playstation while they print out?

I can play for hours in a staring coma with no ill effects. :)

1stTimeCaller
5/5/2007, 09:28 AM
I knew it was gonna suck when I saw that the printer is a Veritas. ;)

These 5"=1' logs are a bear. We drilled 10207' and I print at 1 inch per second. It's only eaten itself twice. If I crank it up to 2 or 3 inches per second it eats itself more often.

birddog
5/5/2007, 11:47 AM
very riveting thread.

yermom
5/5/2007, 11:54 AM
6 logs printed out, one coming out as I type, 21 more to go. I'm probably half way done time wise with these stupid things.

what the hellcrap is the point of printing them out in the field?

Petro-Sooner
5/5/2007, 12:38 PM
At 45 he doesnt have the desire or drive to learn how to do the most basic things in his job?? What a winner this guy must be.

Widescreen
5/5/2007, 12:41 PM
Sounds like some of our washout offensive linemen have a career path.

1stTimeCaller
5/5/2007, 12:43 PM
what the hellcrap is the point of printing them out in the field?

heck if I know. I make four logs. A 5 inch measured depth, a 5 inch true vertical depth and then both in a 2 inch log. I print out two copies of each and leave with the sompany man. I then put six copies of each in a manilla envelope and send them back to the office in our boxes that the cables and computers come out in. I also emailed the logs to the gas company's office.

Petro-Sooner
5/5/2007, 12:46 PM
I'm sure the geologists get a copy to keep in their well file.

SoonerBK
5/5/2007, 12:47 PM
So do you work in the oil field or something, cause it sounds like you might work in the oil field. You seem to be throwing out a lot of jargon that would suggest oil field work. Just curious.

sanantoniosooner
5/5/2007, 12:49 PM
So do you work in the oil field or something, cause it sounds like you might work in the oil field. You seem to be throwing out a lot of jargon that would suggest oil field work. Just curious.
He's drilling for candy.

shun the unbeliever..............shuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnna

yermom
5/5/2007, 12:55 PM
heck if I know. I make four logs. A 5 inch measured depth, a 5 inch true vertical depth and then both in a 2 inch log. I print out two copies of each and leave with the sompany man. I then put six copies of each in a manilla envelope and send them back to the office in our boxes that the cables and computers come out in. I also emailed the logs to the gas company's office.

man you guys are killing trees too!

Petro-Sooner
5/5/2007, 12:58 PM
man you guys are killing trees too!

Milking the earth for all shes got. :D

oumartin
5/5/2007, 01:23 PM
I bet he is not as worthless as SB68's second hand!

Course SB68's second hand is one cool cat!

1stTimeCaller
5/5/2007, 01:31 PM
pudding. I hear that when this well produces it will make 7,000,000 BOE per day. I'm not sure if it's banana or chocolate. Tapioca maybe?

I just went up to the dog house to see what was taking so long and saw that numbnuts riged down like he did everything wlse out here, half-assed. The remote driller's dial and power cord were still there. I just took it down myself and told him to go home. He asked me if I thought we would get to charge for tomorrow. I told him that he wouldn't because he was going home.

Not one freaking task that I gave him was done 100% or correct. I guess he doesn't realize that the office will check in with me on Monday to see about his performance or lack thereof.

He ruined it for everyone else that I train.