PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 3

SoonerStud615
5/4/2007, 03:18 AM
I'm am so distraught at what I have just seen. They have just ruined the Spiderman franchise. The sexual frustration between Harry and Peter was out of hand, exemplified by the poorly delivered lines, "Go get 'em buddy!" and "You're my friend; my best friend." The overall lack of thought put into the fact that whenever Peter goes on a power surge and wears his XxXhArdXcOrEXxX black suit, he turns emo (wtf??). Yeah, the whole she-bang- hair flip, eyeliner, black clothes, mood swings. I don't even know where the basis for this came from. The whole character development of the "SANDMAN" (ROAR!) was very poignant to watch. He is arguably the most poor villain ever created. I firmly believe the acting sent this film straight to its gloomy pit of mediocrity. There were many moments in which I felt I was watching either a) A student film b) A poorly made Spiderman parody c) Any scene from Harry Potter (cough, Daniel Radcliffe). If you enjoy Spiderman, go watch the old cartoon or Spiderman 1 or 2 for that matter because this movie just doesn't get it done. Whoever watched this movie and thought, "Hmm, this looks like a winner" must have been the same guy who approved Star Wars Episode I. Spiderman is dead to me. That is all.

Frozen Sooner
5/4/2007, 05:47 AM
The overall lack of thought put into the fact that whenever Peter goes on a power surge and wears his XxXhArdXcOrEXxX black suit, he turns emo (wtf??). Yeah, the whole she-bang- hair flip, eyeliner, black clothes, mood swings. I don't even know where the basis for this came from.

The comic book, circa 1986-1987. Maybe not as pronounced, but Peter definitely got more aggressive wearing the black costume.

I had a good time at the movie, but yeah, overall it was kind of lackluster in comparison to 1 and 2. Raimi sure as hell can direct an action sequence though.

And I picked up no sexual tension between Harry and Peter. Quite a bit between the butler and Harry, though.

soonerboomer93
5/4/2007, 06:09 AM
i forgot to be a bastard and go see it tuesday when it opened here

you know, just so i could talk **** :D

Okla-homey
5/4/2007, 06:21 AM
But Kirsten Dunst is still hawt, right?

crawfish
5/4/2007, 07:38 AM
Truth be told, after Doc Ock there's way a spidey villian could be uphill.

(Except Bruce Campbell as Mysterio...like that'll ever happen).

I'll still go see it this weekend. Might be dragged tonight by my kids.

King Crimson
5/4/2007, 07:39 AM
i won't drop coin for it. yet another POS.

Okla-homey
5/4/2007, 07:42 AM
Is it just me or do Kirsten Dunst's eye-teeth still look kinda vampire-y? Maybe they overdid it when she was the little vampiress in "Interview" -- which BTW, is the last movie with Tom Cruise I enjoyed.

picasso
5/4/2007, 08:15 AM
is it a true story?

Osce0la
5/4/2007, 09:04 AM
Could be worse, I was forced to watch "American Dreamz" last night :rolleyes:

For those (like me up until last night) that have no idea what that movie is, it is a crappy movie basically about American Idol. The movie sucked, the acting sucked, the storyline sucked. Boring, stupid, horrid movie. I smiled once during the entire thing, and that was because it looked as though Mandy Moore's bewbs were about to come out of her shirt...

skycat
5/4/2007, 09:14 AM
Raimi sure as hell can direct an action sequence though.

You really think so? There wasn't a single moment in 1 or 2 where I thought to myself, "Wow, that was cool." Which is pretty much my gauge for action sequences.

I_SMELL_FEAR
5/4/2007, 10:45 AM
Spiderman 1 was meh. Spiderman 2, I was alseep 45 minutes in. I think I will pass on 3.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/4/2007, 11:22 AM
I have not seen any of the Spidermans. Spiderman was, is, and will always be too wussy

StoopTroup
5/4/2007, 11:45 AM
Yes....

Kirsten is still HAWT.

YWIA

TMcGee86
5/4/2007, 12:03 PM
Yes....

Kirsten is still HAWT.

YWIA

On the contrary, she is very much nawt hawt.

http://wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=2217 (some things on the site are slightly NSFW)

YWIA.

IronSooner
5/4/2007, 12:38 PM
Kirsten isn't really my type, but she looks ok I guess.

I appreciated their attempt to give Spiderman a little dark side, or at least some internal struggle, but could they have done it in a more corny fashion? The bangs and hair flip literally drew laughter throughout the theater.

I was hoping there would be more Venom in it, that disappointed me a bit. What was there was was cool, but not enough for me.

I thought it was entertaining, but it dragged toward the end - with several scenes you were just sure would be the last - but I doubt I'd see it again and definitely wouldn't buy the DVD.

sooneron
5/4/2007, 12:44 PM
I prolly won't see it in the theater, did anyone viewers think they loaded up too much on villains in this one?
It seemed like the batman with Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy or the other one with Carrey and Tommy.

dolemitesooner
5/4/2007, 12:54 PM
I am going to see it this weekend ....Pray that this film is good or I will go nuts

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/4/2007, 01:04 PM
I am going to see it this weekend ....Pray that this film is good or I will go nuts

:les: READ THE THREAD! EVERYONE SAYS IT SUCCS!!!

Boarder
5/4/2007, 01:09 PM
I'm am so distraught at what I have just seen. They have just ruined the Spiderman franchise. The sexual frustration between Harry and Peter was out of hand, exemplified by the poorly delivered lines, "Go get 'em buddy!" and "You're my friend; my best friend." The overall lack of thought put into the fact that whenever Peter goes on a power surge and wears his XxXhArdXcOrEXxX black suit, he turns emo (wtf??). Yeah, the whole she-bang- hair flip, eyeliner, black clothes, mood swings. I don't even know where the basis for this came from. The whole character development of the "SANDMAN" (ROAR!) was very poignant to watch. He is arguably the most poor villain ever created. I firmly believe the acting sent this film straight to its gloomy pit of mediocrity. There were many moments in which I felt I was watching either a) A student film b) A poorly made Spiderman parody c) Any scene from Harry Potter (cough, Daniel Radcliffe). If you enjoy Spiderman, go watch the old cartoon or Spiderman 1 or 2 for that matter because this movie just doesn't get it done. Whoever watched this movie and thought, "Hmm, this looks like a winner" must have been the same guy who approved Star Wars Episode I. Spiderman is dead to me. That is all.
Did you see Reign Of Fire? What did you think about it?

dolemitesooner
5/4/2007, 01:18 PM
:les: READ THE THREAD! EVERYONE SAYS IT SUCCS!!!
Hey I have not seen it yet woman.....I am holding onto hope

KC//CRIMSON
5/4/2007, 01:47 PM

Miss "Snaggletooth" has never been hawt.

soonerbrat
5/4/2007, 01:49 PM

i'm so glad someone agrees with me.

dolemitesooner
5/4/2007, 01:49 PM
Hey are you making fun of snaggletooths ...I will kill you :)

skycat
5/4/2007, 01:52 PM

Never ever.

KC//CRIMSON
5/4/2007, 01:59 PM
Give me a real hawt "snaggletooth" like Jewel.

Like white on rice, people. Like white on rice......;)

BigRedJed
5/4/2007, 02:32 PM
HOW IN THE HELL COULD IT BE BAD??!! THE FREAKING FLAMING LIPS ARE ON THE SOUNDTRACK!!!

Crap, look at how great Batman Forever, 50 First Dates and the Spongebob movie were.

Wait...

TexasLidig8r
5/4/2007, 03:30 PM

Homey.. Homey.. Homey...

You've been lookin' at law books WAY TOO LONG!

saggy breasts, washed out hair, ugly nose, pasty skin and sometimes, when you look at someone and just know they have grooming issues...

TMcGee86
5/4/2007, 03:36 PM
Homey.. Homey.. Homey...

saggy breasts, washed out hair, ugly nose, pasty skin and sometimes, when you look at someone and just know they have grooming issues...

you forgot snaggleteef, man hands, and leporatic foot fungus.

NormanPride
5/4/2007, 04:59 PM
you forgot snaggleteef, man hands, and leporatic foot fungus.

And her eyes aren't level. :stunned:

sooneron
5/4/2007, 05:20 PM

YWIA.
The guys on that site have WAY too much time on their hands are WAY too obsessed on her. I'm willing to bet they all look like the comic store guy from the Simpsons.

Do I think she has the ability to be cute? yes, but it seems like it takes a lot of work.

King Crimson
5/4/2007, 08:31 PM
Give me a real hawt "snaggletooth" like Jewel.

Like white on rice, people. Like white on rice......;)

i have a buddy that, well, did Jewel.

picasso
5/4/2007, 08:37 PM
Homey.. Homey.. Homey...

saggy breasts? they may be droopy because they be real and stuff.

I"ll pass on better tomatoes through chemistry.

TMcGee86
5/4/2007, 08:40 PM
The guys on that site have WAY too much time on their hands are WAY too obsessed on her. I'm willing to bet they all look like the comic store guy from the Simpsons.

Do I think she has the ability to be cute? yes, but it seems like it takes a lot of work.

I totally agree, those guys are super nerds I imagine, however you have to admit the foot thing is pretty gross.

Frozen Sooner
5/4/2007, 08:56 PM
i have a buddy that, well, did Jewel.

We must know the same guy.

Or possibly not.

SapulpaSooner
5/4/2007, 09:47 PM
I liked the movie. I gave it a 7 out of 10

the_ouskull
5/4/2007, 10:23 PM
We must know the same guy.

Or possibly not.

Hell, I did Jewel. How do you think that gap got between her teeth?

Sorry, sorry. Sorry folks. I didn't see that anybody had done that painfully obvious joke, and I saw it hanging on the vine, so I picked it. I had to bite into it to realize it had gone bad.

Well, that and it didn't help that, while I was searching for pics of her bad teeth, I came across (no pun intended) this gem of Jewel:

http://www.jewelfans.com/jewel2.jpg

She gets a lifetime pass... unless she tries to sing to me.

the_ouskull

SicEmBaylor
5/4/2007, 10:24 PM
Kirsten Dunst is very hawt.

Blue
5/4/2007, 11:09 PM
Sorry, sorry. Sorry folks. I didn't see that anybody had done that painfully obvious joke, and I saw it hanging on the vine, so I picked it. I had to bite into it to realize it had gone bad.

Are you sure you don't want to extend this metaphor any further...? ;)

yermom
5/6/2007, 01:22 AM

i'm glad i didn't see it with you :O

Peter Parker's emo kid dance scene lifted from The Mask was pretty bad

i thought some of the story was a little weak with the amnesia and stuff too

Okla-homey
5/6/2007, 04:19 AM
Saw it.

The Spiderman franchise has "jumped the shark."

Too many subplots, and none of them were particularly compelling.

yermom
5/6/2007, 04:41 AM
oh, and Opie's daughter is getting kinda hawt...

Okla-homey
5/6/2007, 04:56 AM
oh, and Opie's daughter is getting kinda hawt...

dang skippy...altho she's hawter as a ginger.

badger
5/7/2007, 12:08 PM
I am trying to think how long this comic book would have lasted if they drew out the sequences on the screen.

MJ: Go away, Peter.
Parker: Why? Why? Whhhhhhyyy?
MJ: I don't love you.
Parker: You never were a very good actress. That's why you're a singing waitress now.
MJ: Ok, now I'm gonna cry.
Parker: No, I AM going to cry.
(Osbourne laughing off to the side, crying ensues for several minutes)

Later...
Parker: I am so full of angst now!
Osbourne: Why is that? I have no idea. I am completely out of the loop.
Paker: MJ doesn't love me.
Osbourne: That's because she loves me. Duh!
Parker: omg, wtf?
Osbourne: pwmed. n00b!!!1!

Still later...
Parker: I am wearing my angst suit now!
Osboune: Oh yeah, well I just drank my angst drink!

---
In conclusion, my husband and I recommend you see The Condemned, instead. You will see a lot of action and not a lot of plot... something that would have served this movie well.

dolemitesooner
5/7/2007, 12:16 PM
WOW...i MAY NOT SEE THIS MOVIE

Ardmore_Sooner
5/7/2007, 12:24 PM
WOW...i MAY NOT SEE THIS MOVIE

I thought the same thing, but I gotta see it just to say I've seen it.... If that makes sense?

crawfish
5/7/2007, 12:53 PM
I don't see why everybody is so down on this movie. It isn't as good as the first two - not even close - but it's still better than 90% of the other crap coming out of Hollywood these days.

I enjoyed it. The only thing I had trouble with was seeing the funny mechanic from "Wings" as a musclebound supervillian.

Okla-homey
5/7/2007, 12:54 PM
In retrospect, I wish we'd punted and saw "Blades of Glory" instead.

badger
5/7/2007, 01:02 PM
I don't see why everybody is so down on this movie. It isn't as good as the first two - not even close - but it's still better than 90% of the other crap coming out of Hollywood these days.

I enjoyed it. The only thing I had trouble with was seeing the funny mechanic from "Wings" as a musclebound supervillian.
my husband and i were whispering to each other laughing at it. the theatre was full, so there was a lot of popcorn bag rustling, little kids crying and talking, etc.

if you're gonna see it, i suggest waiting a bit.

Frozen Sooner
5/7/2007, 01:06 PM

I agree with this. I think people misinterpreted my post as a really negative review. I was disappointed in this movie, but that's only because my expectations for the franchise are so high. I enjoyed it, I just thought there were some things that could have been handled better.

I disagree about Thomas Hayden Church, though. I thought that casting him was great. I was a little weirded out that Topher Grace kind of out-Spideyed Toby Maguire.

crawfish
5/7/2007, 01:21 PM
I agree with this. I think people misinterpreted my post as a really negative review. I was disappointed in this movie, but that's only because my expectations for the franchise are so high. I enjoyed it, I just thought there were some things that could have been handled better.

I disagree about Thomas Hayden Church, though. I thought that casting him was great. I was a little weirded out that Topher Grace kind of out-Spideyed Toby Maguire.

Yeah, expectations are tough. My were actually set fairly low after all the negative reviews...and I was pleasantly surprised.

IronSooner
5/7/2007, 03:23 PM

That's pretty much how I've been explaining it to people. I was entertained, but I also think there are a few things they could have done better. Still worth it though.

I still think of Lowell a little bit that way, but not as much as when I first saw Tombstone. After watching that about 100 times I've gotten used to him playing other parts. I actually thought he did a decent job.

Fraggle145
5/7/2007, 03:28 PM
Overall I thought it wasnt as bad as I had heard, actually i thought it was pretty good. Peter Parker the emokid is teh suk tho.

http://www.acc.umu.se/~zqad/cats/1161382101-emo.b.jpg

SoonerBBall
5/7/2007, 03:35 PM

Saw it last night and you are dead on. I really like Topher Grace and he brought it particularly hard as Eddie Brock/Venom. I don't think a lot of people know enough about Venom to understand how well Topher did with the character. I only wish they would have a) done a lot more with Venom (Spiderman 4??) and b) made his jaws more pronounced.

The movie is worth paying to see people, it just isn't as good as #2 was.

P.S. Boarder, the movie was better than Reign of Fire. ;)

Frozen Sooner
5/7/2007, 04:04 PM
Yep-his characterization of Eddie Brock was perfect. If Eddie's characterization had been how Tobey acted when he had the Spidey suit on, that would have been awesome. Dude just acts WAY too serious-Spider-man when he's got the suit on is a jokester. He's a funny guy to disguise the fact that he's scared off his ***. Tobey never seems to get this.

I actually liked the CGI of Venom, but REALLY wish they'd done some vocoder work or something so that I didn't keep expecting Kurtwood Smith to pop up and yell "Take off the black suit, dumbass!"

KC//CRIMSON
5/7/2007, 09:14 PM
The best part of Spiderman 3......

http://www.cineol.net/images/noticias/Cameos/SpiderMan2_2.jpg

rufnek05
5/7/2007, 09:30 PM
the movie sucked. but when are all three of a trilogy ever good (besides starwars and LOTR). nthe whole emo thing was stupid. "venom" was like a large fat cat with with bad teeth. and "sandman" just made me laugh. apart from some good cgi and a few action scences, and the police cheifs daughter, the movie didn't liv eup the the first 2, but still a good flick to rent.

BigRedJed
5/7/2007, 09:57 PM
Not.

Good.

tbl
5/8/2007, 09:05 AM
Wifee and I saw it last night... We both thought it pretty much sucked. It had its moments, but overall.... meh. Its definitely a movie that needs some added commentary by the audience. I was having fun with it...

dolemitesooner
5/8/2007, 09:11 AM
Wifee and I saw it last night... We both thought it pretty much sucked. It had its moments, but overall.... meh. Its definitely a movie that needs some added commentary by the audience. I was having fun with it...
You are the person that I will beat the fck out of in a theatre huh?

tbl
5/8/2007, 09:22 AM
No... it was all whispers. I plomise.

dolemitesooner
5/8/2007, 09:24 AM
No... it was all whispers. I plomise.
sure:D

badger
5/8/2007, 09:31 AM
The best part of Spiderman 3......

http://www.cineol.net/images/noticias/Cameos/SpiderMan2_2.jpg
he apparently was also in the second one--- the dude at the theatre that wouldn't let parker in "to preserve the illusion" or something.:D NP laughed out loud when he saw that guy at the frenchie restaurant.

8timechamps
5/8/2007, 10:14 AM
The movie sucked. I too was disappointed.

My 7 and 11 year olds liked it. Maybe that's the demographic they want.

silverwheels
5/13/2007, 12:16 AM
Saw this last night. The main problem was that they tried to cram too much into this movie. The secondary problem was the crappy, cheesy, corny clichés. The tertiary problem was the bad acting by everyone except Church and Grace. What a total disgrace to the characters of Sandman and Venom to have them be portrayed brilliantly yet receive so little screen time due to the overpopulation of villains in this movie. I know Raimi hates Venom, but he's the villain in the Spider-Man world. He deserved his own movie. Church played Flint Marko so well that he deserved his own movie, too. Aside from their small roles in the movie, the only other good part was the action. Nice CG and fight choreography, but that was it. Everything else about this movie sucked. It was probably worse than Fantastic Four.

Also, Bryce Dallas Howard >>>>>>>> Kirsten Dunst. And it's not even close.

yermom
5/13/2007, 12:41 AM
he apparently was also in the second one--- the dude at the theatre that wouldn't let parker in "to preserve the illusion" or something.:D NP laughed out loud when he saw that guy at the frenchie restaurant.

he's in all of Raimi's movies, he had a smaller part in the first one, but i don't remember what it was

Frozen Sooner
5/13/2007, 12:41 AM
Announcer at the wrestling matches.

StoopTroup
5/13/2007, 07:14 PM
My Wife and kids went and saw Spidey 3 today while I was at work....

Yep.....

DAD GOT HOSED ! ! ! :mad:

soonerinabilene
5/13/2007, 10:04 PM
I thought it was good. not great. nowhere near the 2nd one( which i think is the best superhero movie ever made.) I went in with lowered expectations after reading this thread, so maybe that was why i wasnt very disappointed.

yermom
5/13/2007, 10:22 PM
it's still worth seeing, probably better on the big screen than on DVD

but it's not worth making a big deal over like the first two

dolemitesooner
5/14/2007, 08:22 AM
I have decided not to increase my blood preasure ...I will not be seeing this movie.

Also I went and saw 28 weeks later and I enjoyed it ......but more on point I really enjoyed the ff2 with silver surfer preveiw ...I cant wait

tbl
5/14/2007, 08:26 AM
It was probably worse than Fantastic Four.

Thats a pretty bold statement, b/c that movie was HORRIBLE. I'm shaky about the new one coming out b/c the previews for the first movie looked awesome.

Also, Bryce Dallas Howard >>>>>>>> Kirsten Dunst. And it's not even close.
Absolutely.

tulsaoilerfan
5/19/2007, 09:28 PM
Saw it today; kid liked it, i thought it had some decent moments but at almost 2 1/2 hours, it was about 30 minutes longer than really necessary; btw, Peter should kick Mary Jane to the curb and take up with Gwen Stacy--Bryce Howard is SMOKIN' Hot.

birddog
5/19/2007, 09:39 PM

YWIA.

oh my gawd! she's human!

and to think all this time i thought her dookie dissolved inside of her.