PDA

View Full Version : Little Problem With A Co-Worker

VeeJay
5/3/2007, 08:18 AM
I'm five weeks into my new gig. One of my colleagues and I both live about 30 miles from where we work, so we've started carpooling to save money on gas, which is amost at $3 a gallon.

Dude is 62 years old, a Vietnam vet, and is going through a divorce from wifey #3. He has grown kids older than his wife, who's 24 years younger. He also has an 8 year old from this marriage.

So he's been sharing all the specific details of the phone calls, the e-mails...all the dirt. Like I want to hear this stuff. He's sort of using me as a sounding board -me and other people in our office, too. But since I'm riding twice a day for half an hour I'm getting more of the scoop than I deserve.

Yesterday some junk went down with his 8 year old where the kid doesn't want to spend every other weekend with daddy any more. Wifey and the older daughter are using the alternate weekends to go do their own thing with wifey's new lover and the 8 year old is feeling left out. so on the way home my buddy was livid and made the statement that if he were to see the new lover at this moment, he'd kill him. He said a few minutes later that when his kids are grown if this dude is still around he is going to take him out.

Not knowing how to respond I let him ramble. It's not every day I'm in the company of a killer or killer-to-be. So, this morning I aske him if he still feels the same way as yesterday and he said he did, then went into his Vietnam experience and said he's been conditioned to kill, and it's not that big a deal to him.

I told him that as a friend I have to tell him that's some heavy duty s*it, and urged him to talk to someone professionally that can help him work through his anger.

I don't want to stop carpooling with the guy, but if he's going to off the lothario, I don't want no part of that or no knowledge. So I respectfully asked him not to kill the mofo as long as we're carpooling.

At any rate, I hope the cat gets some help and stops talking this crap around everybody.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/3/2007, 08:26 AM
Why is his problem with the new lover and not his ex-wife?

jk the sooner fan
5/3/2007, 08:29 AM
write him a 4 page letter

oh wait....

sooner_born_1960
5/3/2007, 08:37 AM
Of course, if he does kill the lover boy, he'll have to kill you too. You're the proof of premeditation.

VeeJay
5/3/2007, 08:40 AM
Why is his problem with the new lover and not his ex-wife?

He is hurting big time. I think the wife dumped him for a newer model. He does has a lot of ill will for his wife. Some of the stuff he talks about is off the wall. I mean, he's hacked into her online checking account and can see every dime she spends and where she spends it at. If he knows she went out of town and there were no ATM charges made against her account, he's under the assumption the new lover is paying for everything. And he's yammering about all this stuff to everybody.

This is highly personal stuff for him yet everyone around him knows all the details. It is really quite bizarre in the whole scheme of me just having relocated here. I mean, is it any of my business that a woman I never met spent $32.59 at the liquor store last weekend?

VeeJay
5/3/2007, 08:41 AM
Of course, if he does kill the lover boy, he'll have to kill you too. You're the proof of premeditation.

I know! And that's what's freaking me out! Hell's bells, I have a seven year old I need to be around for. I'm not sure if this guy is going to pull off I-95 one day, slit my throat and leave me in the Cape Fear River!!

MamaMia
5/3/2007, 09:27 AM
So I respectfully asked him not to kill the mofo as long as we're carpooling.http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/tn-1.jpg Forgive me, but thats funny. :P

CUinNC
5/3/2007, 09:36 AM
I mean, he's hacked into her online checking account and can see every dime she spends and where she spends it at. If he knows she went out of town and there were no ATM charges made against her account, he's under the assumption the new lover is paying for everything. And he's yammering about all this stuff to everybody.

Guess I'm too independent - never carpool with anyone & i live 42 miles from my office....like the freedom....

I would get outta the car thing with this guy - he's bent....and needs help, it just a woman for cryin' out loud...

Also, ask him if he had these kind of thoughts with #1 & #2 - if he did, then run away from this dude...

do you work in the same department? i would hope you could cut loose pretty easily...

Hamhock
5/3/2007, 09:36 AM
I know! And that's what's freaking me out! Hell's bells, I have a seven year old I need to be around for. I'm not sure if this guy is going to pull off I-95 one day, slit my throat and leave me in the Cape Fear River!!

obviously, the writing is on the wall. your only choice is to kill him first.

VeeJay
5/3/2007, 09:48 AM
:eek:

TheUnnamedSooner
5/3/2007, 09:51 AM
wait a minute, you have a talking cat?

Howzit
5/3/2007, 10:03 AM
Ask him if he shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

soonerbrat
5/3/2007, 10:18 AM
he probably traded in his wifey # 2 for the newer model wifey # 3...what goes around comes around.

MamaMia
5/3/2007, 11:38 AM
he probably traded in his wifey # 2 for the newer model wifey # 3...what goes around comes around.
Truer words have never been spoken. My sons first wife, who we will call Natasha, committed adultery by doing the dirty deed with her boss, the chiropractor. The chiropractors wife was even pregnant with their child and thought Natasha was her friend. Now Natasha and Dr. Zipperless are married with a baby of their own and she doesn't trust him.

Gee I wonder why? :P

soonerbrat
5/3/2007, 01:02 PM
Truer words have never been spoken. My sons first wife, who we will call Natasha, committed adultery by doing the dirty deed with her boss, the chiropractor. The chiropractors wife was even pregnant with their child and thought Natasha was her friend. Now Natasha and Dr. Zipperless are married with a baby of their own and she doesn't trust him.

Gee I wonder why? :P

Because if they'll do it WITH you, they'll do it TO you.