PDA

View Full Version : straight line winds - HEY SLICKDAWG!

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2007, 08:09 PM
is this enough rain for you? :)

holy crap we had some straight line winds just blow thru here and do some really funny things

mrs jk and i went to dinner tonite in plano because the house reaks of paint (wait till you see the pics of the painted kitchen - rmfo)

anyway, i stop at home depot to get a quart of paint and while in there one of the nastiest t-storms i can remember blows over.....i was parked in the first slot and got soaked to the bone walking out

we have power but the eastern half of carrollton does not.......so suck it! ;)

BajaOklahoma
5/2/2007, 08:40 PM
I pulled up to the pet store as all of the lights in the shopping center went out. They came back on in a few minutes - so the cat won't starve tomorrow.

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2007, 08:41 PM
i was over at park and the tollway when it hit

one of the cone shaped fir trees near the front of the house is laying over and you can see the root ball pushing up the dirt behind it......

slickdawg
5/2/2007, 08:56 PM
I was in Richardson when it hit, rained like a mofo.

Only .5 at the house, BUT THE ****ING WIND BLEW SLICKDAUGHTERS NEW PLAYHOUSE OVER! AND I ANCHORED IT WELL !!!!

Widescreen
5/2/2007, 08:57 PM
It was blowing the trees across the street nearly sideways. I can't believe they didn't snap.

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2007, 08:57 PM
70-80mph straight line winds....and that little tree really didnt have much for the wind to catch on to.....

OKLA21FAN
5/2/2007, 08:59 PM
rolled through Desoto around 7ish to 7:30

power was out for a bit, but all is well now...

time for LOST!

slickdawg
5/2/2007, 09:12 PM
I have no power, and my laptop is almost dead (wireless internet).

and slickdaughthers house is blown over. :(

JohnnyMack
5/2/2007, 09:22 PM
Dear Slickdawg,

Take that!

Sincerely,

The Dallas Wind Pimps

GrapevineSooner
5/2/2007, 09:58 PM
Mother nature said this about my in-laws tree in the backyard in Trophy Club:

"I'm gonna rent some straight line winds and uproot dat tree. I wanna know where da gold at!"

Oh, and water almost got into their house from the backyard for the second time in 6 months. Another 5 minutes of torrential rain and it would have gotten in, I'm afraid.

They just got down recarpeting their den from the first time it rained back in December.

LilSooner
5/2/2007, 10:52 PM
Awww good old Trophy Club. I took my first english riding classes over there and just down the road is our old restaurant.