PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else notice this?

SoonerStormchaser
5/2/2007, 11:12 AM
Did anyone else notice that aTm had NO players drafted this round? First time since 1973.

Coach Fran is really working wonders down there.

goingoneight
5/2/2007, 07:49 PM
That team would have probably only won maybe four games last year if they didn't play 4A High School teams. Thy're ridiculous, how much money and fan support go into that program? How awesome is a home-field advantage like that? The results truly are pathetic.

LosAngelesSooner
5/2/2007, 08:09 PM
Yeah, that's a weird stat. But they do have a lot of underclassmen. I'm gonna be a little nervous playing them the next couple of years.

I mean, I'm ALWAYS nervous playing them AT A&M, but I'll also be nervous when we get them at home.

goingoneight
5/2/2007, 08:13 PM
Outside of an OU tream that went into OT at Baylor, we pretty much pwn Fran. Collie Station is always a tight one, but in Nompton??? Not so much.

Octavian
5/2/2007, 08:45 PM
Collie Station is always a tight one, but in Nompton??? Not so much.

Yeah...

OU vs. A&M in Norman During the Stoops Era:

'99: 51-6

'01: 31-10

'03: 77-0

'05: 36-30

Total Points: 195 - 46

Avg. score: 49 - 12

And in College Station...they've all been classics, but Bob has won 3 out of 4.

trwxxa
5/2/2007, 08:57 PM
Did anyone else notice that aTm had NO players drafted this round? First time since 1973.

Something that has changed dramatically with Francione is the time spent with his players prior to the combine. Slocum developed programs for many of his departing players to get them ready for the combine, which in turn got many of them drafted higher than was warranted. Coach Fran, not so much.

Octavian
5/2/2007, 09:03 PM
A&M's '07 schedule is brutal.

@ Miami

Oklahoma St.

@ Tech

@ Nebraska

@ OU

@ Mizzou

Texas

BigRedJed
5/2/2007, 09:22 PM
...And in College Station...they've all been classics, but Bob has won 3 out of 4.
And the only one he lost was against RC.

BigRedJed
5/2/2007, 09:25 PM
:O
Outside of an OU tream that went into OT at Baylor, we pretty much pwn Fran. Collie Station is always a tight one, but in Nompton??? Not so much.
When did Fran coach Baylor? Are you talking about the TCU barnburner with Boo Blake coaching? Patrick Fletcher, QB of the future? The one where I damn near rushed the field afterwards, because OU was so pathetic that I was actually ELATED to beat the Horned Frogs 10-9? Well OU even one that one.

There's no "pretty much" about it. OU PWNS Fran.

birddog
5/2/2007, 09:57 PM
A&M's '07 schedule is brutal.

@ Miami

Oklahoma St.

@ Tech

@ Nebraska

@ OU

@ Mizzou

Texas

good lord, that's a flabby-armed spanking machine they have to go through.

goingoneight
5/2/2007, 09:58 PM
:O
When did Fran coach Baylor? Are you talking about the TCU barnburner with Boo Blake coaching? Patrick Fletcher, QB of the future? The one where I damn near rushed the field afterwards, because OU was so pathetic that I was actually ELATED to beat the Horned Frogs 10-9? Well OU even one that one.

There's no "pretty much" about it. OU PWNS Fran.

Sorry, I meant *against* Baylor.

Octavian
5/2/2007, 10:15 PM
good lord, that's a flabby-armed spanking machine they have to go through.

heh....yeah, there's a few losses in there even they play really well.

SoonerStormchaser
5/3/2007, 09:20 AM
aTm needs to fire their scheduler for that one. Jeez...why don't they just add SUCC and Florida on there to complete the annihalation?

Luthor
5/3/2007, 02:25 PM
That stat means nothing to die hard aggsy. Bill Byrne even issued an official statement less than 2 months ago glowing that aggsy had completed a successful football season in 06 with a win over "rival" Texas. He obviously completely ignored the nationally televised sodomizing that Cal put on them in the bowl game.

They're beyond delusional.

Booner
5/3/2007, 03:22 PM
I wonder how many teams with 0 draft picks beat teams with 7 NFL draft picks? Sounds like some pwnage there horn.

Luthor
5/3/2007, 03:49 PM
I wonder how many teams with 0 draft picks beat teams with 7 NFL draft picks? Sounds like some pwnage there horn.

With only 67 posts to your credit you may too young to remember aggielite upsetting the mighty sooners not too lang ago. Point being it happens to the best of us every great once in awhile.

We all have to throw a bone to the little guys periodically to keep their interest.

crawfish
5/3/2007, 04:40 PM
'03: 77-0

That game is still just mind-boggling. Fran should have been fired at halftime.

mOUse
5/3/2007, 04:46 PM

I'm Certainly not an Ag fan, but arent they returning 18 starters? And the ones that grad-geeated werent that great-a playa!

Just sayin':O

TheHumanAlphabet
5/4/2007, 08:20 AM
I bet Aggieland is wishing they still had RC...

King Crimson
5/4/2007, 08:33 AM

we beat Baylor in OT in Norman.

King Crimson
5/4/2007, 08:36 AM
With only 67 posts to your credit you may too young to remember aggielite upsetting the mighty sooners not too lang ago. Point being it happens to the best of us every great once in awhile.

We all have to throw a bone to the little guys periodically to keep their interest.

hey Luthor, remember when you made fun of Jason White being injured at hornfans? i do.

the mods here are more lenient than Katy, but you are a prick *** moron who wishes injury on an OU player. and i know it.

Luthor
5/4/2007, 11:06 AM
hey Luthor, remember when you made fun of Jason White being injured at hornfans? i do.

the mods here are more lenient than Katy, but you are a prick *** moron who wishes injury on an OU player. and i know it.

Actually that's not possible because I haven't posted at hornfans in 5 years ever since the regime changed to exclusively sunshine pumpers.

MichiganSooner
5/4/2007, 12:47 PM
Give em credit. They hung in there last season when they lost to us 17-16.
Their defense did what it said on the sign. Home of the 12th man. And got that 12th man out there when it meant something.

BigRedJed
5/4/2007, 02:02 PM
Actually that's not possible because I haven't posted at hornfans in 5 years ever since the regime changed to exclusively sunshine pumpers.
Well, considering the knee injuries happened in 2001 and 2002, I'd say it's entirely possible.

BigRedJed
5/4/2007, 03:04 PM

And since I'm always harping on namecalling on the board, I have to address it here, I'm afraid. KC, please refrain from calling anyone on the board other than Luthor a "prick *** moron." Kthx.

goingoneight
5/6/2007, 04:08 PM
we beat Baylor in OT in Norman.

I was using that as an example of how bad OUr team was compared to other Stoops-coached teams.

goingoneight
5/6/2007, 04:10 PM
And since I'm always harping on namecalling on the board, I have to address it here, I'm afraid. KC, please refrain from calling anyone on the board other than Luthor a "prick *** moron." Kthx.

Yeah... call them horns or Texans... that's much more insulting... and allowed! :D

King Crimson
5/6/2007, 04:30 PM

that was over the line, i admit. my bad. won't happen again.