PDA

View Full Version : Let the man-crushes begin...

goingoneight
5/2/2007, 03:00 AM
Not mine, but excellent highlight reel of Kelly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9W7nTi4JFQ)

Jewstin
5/2/2007, 03:09 AM
Kill the lights, guys ... it's ... boner time!

LosAngelesSooner
5/2/2007, 04:28 AM
Kill the lights, guys ... it's ... boner time!
Uh...that may be..overkill? Overstatement?

How about just TMI?

:O

Big Red Ron
5/2/2007, 09:01 AM
Man, this got creepy fast!

SoonerAtKU
5/2/2007, 09:03 AM
What those clips show more than anything is that if our QB is able to hit our WRs in stride this year, we're going to win a whole hell of a lot of football games.

Kelly's been the only one really able to catch the balls that have been thrown off-target or behind him. That's the biggest thing we've lacked since Heupel and White.

sooner518
5/2/2007, 09:42 AM
man he really dominated that CCG

I wish we would have had him for the Fiesta Bowl. ugh

badger
5/2/2007, 10:12 AM
ladies, who is the hottest sooner of them all?
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics16/200/NT/NTTMPUWEYFBGPLI.20060805222059.jpg
has a great smile... (DeMarco)
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics17/200/AB/ABTRZRKQXRUAHRX.20060805222052.jpg
great smile AND eyes... (Hays McLonghorn)
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics20/200/JD/JDIFGKRKMRIGMON.20060805222014.jpg
love the hair... (Joe Jon Finley)
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics7/200/AB/ABVARJAIXVLURCS.20060805222113.jpg
isn't he a big teddy bear? (Duke)
Any other nominations? :D

sorry guys, couldn't help but ruin your thread :)

OUTrumpet
5/2/2007, 10:33 AM
He's going to help out whichever QB we start next year so much...

Didn't realize how many downfield throws we actually did last year. Seemed like there wasn't that many.

Texas Golfer
5/2/2007, 11:49 AM
What if.....Malcolm Kelly + Fiesta Bowl....just sayin'.

Jewstin
5/2/2007, 11:49 AM
Man, this got creepy fast!

Hahahahaha

StuMondo
5/2/2007, 12:18 PM
Hey there Norman,

Lincoln here.

I gotta man-crush, it's on DeMarco Murray. I finally got around to watching the OU spring game last night that I've had DVRed now for a while. I've been too busy to watch it since it's been farmin' season up here.

Anyway, I watched the spring game and I noticed a few things and just thought I'd share them with ya. You may/may not even care, but some of you might find it interesting to see what someone outside of the SoonerNation viewed the game.

OU Spring Game Notes:
1. One of the first punts of the game was pretty awful. It was end over end with top-spin and went almost nowhere. That, I hope, is your starter, but i don't know.

2. DeMarco Murray - stud. Plain and simple. I remember when he was being recruited, he was a stud then. I was wondering how he'd pan out, it looks like he's doing just fine so far. You can tell though he's still young and need to be a little more polished. I noticed on that first TD run he had, where he ran to the left and cut back up, he should've probably tucked the ball away in his left arm instead of keeping it in the right one. I suppose it doesn't matter though if nobody can get ahold of you.

3. The more I watch Reggie Smith develop, the madder and madder I get that he chose OU over NU. He's awesome.

4. For those of you at the game, you missed out on a sideline interview with Rufus. He gave a really nice interview. he seems like just a really nice kid. Someone you shoudl be proud to be a product of your system.

5. DeMarcus Granger is a man among boys out there. he just tosses people aside. "Get the hell outta my way!" he's in the backfield on almost every play it seemed.

6. Keith Nichol I think shoudl redshirt. You can tell this guy's good, bu he's wild right now. He missed some wide open guys.

7. Demarco Murray, I know I already mentioned this one above but I think he deserves at least one more point. he's so quick...so quick! Every time he touches the ball he could go all the way. He seemed a little small and don't know how he would hold up as a full time RB in the Big 12 though. But again, if nobody can touch you, you probably won't get too dinged up.

8. A number of your WRs dropped some easy passes. What's up with that? And where was last last December 2nd?

9. Neither QB really impressed me all that much. Neither was bad, but i'm just saying neither really jumped out off the screen at me.

10. It's nice to see that your kickoffs aren't really worth a crap either. I was really worried about the kicking off from the 30yd line this year.

11. Lendy Holmes - I like that name. It's just a cool name.

12. I don't know if that Gutierrez fella is big enough to be the man, but damn it's tough not to root for him. The announcers were saying that he can basically bench press a house. I'd really like to see him get the nod, but I just can't help but notice that he's still only 5-6.

13. Right after they were discussing all of the NCAA violation situation with Rhett and Quinn, they got to talking about people to watch for that weren't playing. They showed that bohemoth of a man, Phil Loadholt on the sideline and he had this enormous dip in his bottom lip. It was funny that they happened to show that right after taklin gabout NCAA violations I though. (Side note: I'm not calling OU a pack of cheaters, chewing goes one everywhere. I'm not stupid.)

14. On the QB situation: I'd take Sam Bradford of Joe Halzle. He appears to be about equal with Joe and he's younger, so you can develope him more. Plus he's the local kid and will likely be a fan favorite because of it. I think he'll be really good someday just for the record. But he might need a year or two before it shows.

PS. I wanted to make a separate thread for this post, but I don't have enough posts to start my own thread yet, so if a Mod might want to make this it's own thread, that'd be great, or just leave it here. I don't really care.

I look forward to seeing you Sooners again in San Antone this year and hopefully we can pay y'all back for last year!

~Stewey

birddog
5/2/2007, 12:34 PM
meni69 posted a comment below the vid.

oh, and i'm reminded why i miss pt again.

Widescreen
5/2/2007, 12:59 PM
MK abused that NU corner all game. He did push off some but I don't really think it would've mattered.

flopshotjoe99
5/2/2007, 03:04 PM
he'll defiently make it easier breaking in a new QB.

FlatheadSooner
5/2/2007, 06:49 PM
Nice reel - thanks for post! :)

Can't wait to see him back at 100% and I think he's going to look even better with some more accurate passes this year. However, I was surprised again with a couple of nice deep throws from PT.

Music background could be better. :(

HTown77095
5/5/2007, 12:12 AM
Kelly is one of the best receivers we've ever had. Can't believe more people don't see that..

Blue
5/5/2007, 12:24 AM
Kelly is one of the best receivers we've ever had. Can't believe more people don't see that..

I think most people realize he is special... Clayton and Kelly are right now neck and neck for best all time IMO.

goingoneight
5/5/2007, 12:29 AM
I honestly think Malcom Kelly is a shoe-in best receiver in the country for 2007. The bad thing is, he may not get to showcase that much until the QB settles in.

OTOH, look at what good veteran receivers did for us in 2003 and USC in 2006. It really helps your QB a lot to have a guy who can catch passes thrown three feet higher than him or two seconds behind him.

I worry, as a Sooner Fan, though... that he is gonna either...
a. get injured because of defenses keying in on him

b. leave early after a mediocre year thanks to QB situation... or

c. not be able to bounce back after the knee replacement. Some people become a little more tense about going all out after having knee problems, mostly because it hurts like a muthafugga and it messes with your game worrying "am I gonna land okay???"

If he did leave early, having a good season like he had in 2005 and in 2006, he's gonna be a helluva pro who never got his fair share. A lot of people said he was severely underutilized in HS and I personally feel that he could have been used a helluva lot more at OU as well. aTm 2006 comes to mind, TCU 2005, Texas 2006, etc.

goingoneight
5/5/2007, 12:34 AM
I think most people realize he is special... Clayton and Kelly are right now neck and neck for best all time IMO.

Two completely different styles of WR's, but I'd sign 'em both first pick if I needed a WR.

Clayton made stellar moves, doubles, triples, cutbacks, etc... always open. And if he caught the ball, no matter where he caught it at, you always knew he could have taken it to the house. Best YAC guy outside of obvious running backs like Reggie and Barry I ever saw.

Malcom OTOH-- maybe not always wide-open, but has unique hand-eye coordination. I had seats in 2005 against Texas A&M, and I saw him reach backwards, OVER A DB, and catch a wildly thrown Bomar Ball one-handed.

Don't look now, but Iglesias is coming along nicely as well. ;)

Blue
5/5/2007, 12:37 AM
I agree on the 2 different styles, but Kelly needs another year of highlights to pass Mark. :D

rhombic21
5/5/2007, 06:45 AM
For comparison:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ulgiQFCREF8

StoopTroup
5/5/2007, 09:09 AM
Mark Clayton
Height: 5-10
Weight: 193

Malcolm Kelly
Height: 6-4
Weight: 217

They are two different styles IMO....

Clayton could put the moves on and turn a short play into a down field TD.

Kelly can air it out and in stride down field he's as dangerous as Clayton IMO.

Malcolm has just as sticky as hands as Mark does too.

I miss Clayton but look forward to Kelly catching some footballs out of thin air this next season...

Go Kelly ! ! ! GO SOONERS ! ! !

Soonerfan88
5/5/2007, 12:51 PM
ladies, who is the hottest sooner of them all?
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics16/200/NT/NTTMPUWEYFBGPLI.20060805222059.jpg
has a great smile... (DeMarco)
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics17/200/AB/ABTRZRKQXRUAHRX.20060805222052.jpg
great smile AND eyes... (Hays McLonghorn)

sorry guys, couldn't help but ruin your thread :)

I will have to go with DM and Hays. http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/images/smilies/drool.gif

Yes, MK is a good receiver now and will truly become great in the next 1-2 years (I think he leaves early). Just another of those "what if" moments for the Fiesta Bowl though. I think PT would have been a little more relaxed and not made as many mistakes in the first half if MK had been on the field.

goingoneight
5/6/2007, 09:15 PM
I don't think a man-crush has anything to do with a smile, though... :confused: