PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Margarita Recipe

achiro
5/1/2007, 11:21 PM
Seriously, my wife asked me to post this last week, I forgot and I didn't want to gay up this thread by adding it to Sic'ems so here we go. She's been using the pre-mix type crap and the 'ritas taste like ****. SO, The first of many drink threads I plan on starting over the next few weeks. Post up your best margarita recipe here. Only two rules: Try and use portions applicable to one drink if you can. AND use basic recipes, not exotics(like strawberry, apricot, apple, whatever)

Next time we'll work on a great martini.;)

Heck, I may even put it all together and make up some kind of SO drinkers guide.:D

Soonerus
5/1/2007, 11:25 PM
What ever Boarder Crossing uses in their Top Shelf Magarita's...

sanantoniosooner
5/1/2007, 11:29 PM
What ever Boarder Crossing uses in their Top Shelf Magarita's...
Mountain Dew

GottaHavePride
5/1/2007, 11:29 PM
PEEM ouskull. Seriously. He knows his ****.

Soonerus
5/1/2007, 11:30 PM
Mountain Dew

No, I think it may be some type of controlled substance......

achiro
5/1/2007, 11:30 PM
Mountain Dew
Oh, BTW I do reserve the right to keep some suggestions out of the SO book.:texan:

Fraggle145
5/1/2007, 11:35 PM
One can of limade concentrate, ~8oz of ****ty mexican beer (tecate or corona), 3/4 of a can of tequila, splash of triple sec or cointreau, splash of chambord if you are into that kinda thing. throw it all in a blender with ice slightlhy below the top. Be careful if it is too high it will over flow as the beer gets fizzy.

Sorry not a one drink recipe, but it is damn good. Its all I serve when I make margaritas. Sorry its frozen, I actually prefer margaritas on the rocks when I am not making them.

SoonerGirl06
5/1/2007, 11:43 PM
Any of 'em that contain tequila.

Jeopardude
5/2/2007, 08:44 AM
FIrst, use a good tequila. Don Julio Reposado is awesome. And a splash of Cointreau is mandatory. The mix I've found that was good is Stirrings brand. It's at fancy food places.

goodonya
5/2/2007, 08:57 AM
The best is the easiest in this case. I learned this recipe from the bartenders in Cabo.

Equal or roughly equal parts of:

Fresh squeezed lime juice (the key)
Tequila (better quality = better taste)
Orange Liquor (better quality = marginally better taste)

WARNING: These portions create a concoction that is absolutely kryptonite to panties/thongs. They cannot remain in proximity to this drink and maintain their integrity for more than 3-drinks. (I know, I've got the video & no I won't post)

OUstudent4life
5/2/2007, 09:07 AM
2 oz tequila (GOOD tequila...100% agave: if it's not, the extra sugars added are what make you feel nasty.)

3/4 oz Grand Marnier (you can use Cointreau or, if needed, Triple Seq in a pinch)

1 1/4 oz Rose's Lime Juice (yes, the sweetened stuff)

SHAKE WELL WITH ICE! Colder = better, and it cuts the alcohol just enough.

Use a lime wedge to coat the edge of the glass, then dip in salt.

Garnish with lime slice.

From one of the greatest bar books of all time: The Playboy Bartender's Guide

The William's Sonoma Bar guide isn't bad, either, but this Margarita is better.

King Crimson
5/2/2007, 09:10 AM
fresh lime all the way and lots of it, and Contreau are key. a plash of unflitered apple juice lets you make em real strong and a much better sweeter taste than syrup or sugar, IMO.

don't like the real sugary stuff.

MamaMia
5/2/2007, 11:26 AM
From my Jimmy Buffet monthly issue of the Coconut Telegraph.

I couldn't make the batches fast enough when we had our poll party last summer.

Frozen Margaritas

6 oz can of frozen limeade concentrate
6 oz Tequila
2 oz Triple Sec
6 oz Lemon-lime soda
5 cups crushed ice
lime slices
salt

Pour limeade concentrate, tequila, Triple Sec and soda into large plastic container, and stir to mix.

Fill blender with 5 cups crushed ice.

Add limeade mixture to ice in blender and blend until slushy.

Pour into salt-rimmed Margarita glasses.

Garnish with lime slices.

Petro-Sooner
5/2/2007, 12:58 PM
Speaking of tequila. Two words. Cabo. Wabo. Great stuff.

Xstnlsooner
5/2/2007, 01:04 PM
Why go and ruin good tequila? Just stick to shots!

nmsoonergirl
5/2/2007, 01:12 PM
PEEM ouskull. Seriously. He knows his ****.

I second that. In fact, I am suffering this morning after a few too many ouskullaritas last night.:O

A great "I"m too lazy to make a margarita but too proud to mix good tequilla with mountain dew" drink is a shot of tequilla in a glass of Wild Oats Mango Papaya Juice. It is not as good as a margarita, but is pretty tasty:D

Jeopardude
5/2/2007, 03:15 PM
I second that. In fact, I am suffering this morning after a few too many ouskullaritas last night.:O

A great "I"m too lazy to make a margarita but too proud to mix good tequilla with mountain dew" drink is a shot of tequilla in a glass of Wild Oats Mango Papaya Juice. It is not as good as a margarita, but is pretty tasty:D

Tequila and Squirt was muy poular when I studied in Guadalajara. It's awesome.

soonerboy_odanorth
5/2/2007, 05:50 PM
It's quick and easy especially for large group parties....

Richie Tequila's Brain Melt Frozen Margarita:

Juice of one half large lime (save other half for garnish slices) in blender
1 can frozen Bacardi Margarita mix in blender
add 3/4 of the mix can filled w/ Bacardi Silver
add 3/4 of the mix can filled w/ Cuervo Gold or 1800***
Fill blender w/ ice.

Frappe, baby, frappe. Best served in chilled margarita glass with salt on the rim and a slice of lime squeezed over the top. (The rum/tequila combo cancel the bite of each other and make for some smooth tastin' shtuff.)

Have fun, and don't blame me in the morning.

***I couldn't disagree with some of you more about using a high-end tequila. (100% agave sure, but not top-shelf stuff.) I adore tequila... it is my favorite hard liquor. But I would never waste a fine sipping tequila on any mixed drink. JMO.....

In fact, I think I'll whup up a batch tonight... heh!

Jeopardude
5/2/2007, 06:23 PM
Richie Tequila's Brain Melt Frozen Margarita:

Juice of one half large lime (save other half for garnish slices) in blender
1 can frozen Bacardi Margarita mix in blender
add 3/4 of the mix can filled w/ Bacardi Silver
add 3/4 of the mix can filled w/ Cuervo Gold or 1800***
Fill blender w/ ice.

***I couldn't disagree with some of you more about using a high-end tequila. (100% agave sure, but not top-shelf stuff.) I adore tequila... it is my favorite hard liquor. But I would never waste a fine sipping tequila on any mixed drink. JMO.....

In fact, I think I'll whup up a batch tonight... heh!

I wouldn't waste good tequila mixing it with frozen gloop containing high fructose corn syrup either. :D

Jerk
5/2/2007, 06:37 PM
Just give me the Tequila, hold everything else.

soonerboy_odanorth
5/3/2007, 10:09 AM
I wouldn't waste good tequila mixing it with frozen gloop containing high fructose corn syrup either. :D

Well, I thought this was 'bout draaankin', not waistline management...I suppose you could always sub with Diet Mountain Dew...:P