PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to Selvyn Young?

Big Red Ron
5/1/2007, 05:16 PM
I though he was a sub 4.4 guy. Anyone know if he was a bad character type or something?

Doged
5/1/2007, 05:26 PM
Dunno' why he wasn't drafted, but it's been reported he signed as a UDFA with Denver.

Big Red Ron
5/1/2007, 05:35 PM
Dunno' why he wasn't drafted, but it's been reported he signed as a UDFA with Denver.Sounds like a perfect fit.

soonerkaufmanII
5/1/2007, 07:51 PM
He has injury issues.

Rhino
5/1/2007, 11:07 PM
If people thought AD was injury prone, then Selvin Young was a half-demolished glass vase.

Mr T Likes Texas
5/2/2007, 12:55 AM
If people thought AD was injury prone, then Selvin Young was a half-demolished glass vase.

with a hole in the bottom- he fumbled, a lot.

he was a speedster until benson left, then he tried to bulk up which caused him to lose a lot of the quickness. this past year he slimmed down a bit but he just didn't have the frame for the added weight.

footballfanatic
5/2/2007, 08:22 AM
I though he was a sub 4.4 guy. Anyone know if he was a bad character type or something?

He just never quite had "it," after his injury. He lost some explosiveness, plus key fumbles at the most inopportune times ddn't help. He never had character issues--by all accounts, he is great guy. Glad to hear he got picked up, but Texas fans aren't surprised he didn't do better.

stonecoldsoonerfan
5/2/2007, 08:33 AM
He never had character issues--by all accounts, he is great guy.

is this the same "great guy" that flipped off the entire OU punt team at the 13:15 mark of the 2nd quarter of the 2002 OU-ut game? :pop:

SoonerAtKU
5/2/2007, 08:56 AM
Early in his career, he was a game-breaker. Injuries plus changing roles really kept him back. Seemed like he was destined to be a career backup to Benson, Taylor, and everyone else. Of course, Anthony Holmes did alright as a backup out of Texas.

Who knows, maybe he'll have some time to get healthy and catch on with a team this year or next.

47straight
5/2/2007, 09:03 AM
Signed with the broncos.

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/gen/ap/FBN_Broncos_Moves.html

Seamus
5/2/2007, 12:55 PM
Of course, Anthony Holmes did alright as a backup out of Texas.

Priest Holmes?

footballfanatic
5/2/2007, 01:33 PM
is this the same "great guy" that flipped off the entire OU punt team at the 13:15 mark of the 2nd quarter of the 2002 OU-ut game? :pop:

Wow. Are you saying Selvin displayed aggressive behavior to the chief rivals in a brutal, physical rivalry? That's shocking. I hope he didn't hurt anyone's feelings.

Perhaps both teams could get together in a more comfortable, friendly environment and really talk. This way, everyone could feel valued just for being themselves.

47straight
5/2/2007, 02:02 PM
Wow. Are you saying Selvin displayed aggressive behavior to the chief rivals in a brutal, physical rivalry? That's shocking. I hope he didn't hurt anyone's feelings.

Perhaps both teams could get together in a more comfortable, friendly environment and really talk. This way, everyone could feel valued just for being themselves.

We already have gotten together in a more comfortable way.

Your AD bitched and whined about the mean ole sooner fans and we ended up with curtains on the tunnel.

Then he started to get to that point where you start hyperventilating between the tears and saying how the other boy is so mean, and now we have to alternate north and south.

No word yet on whether your man-dressed-as-a-cow will be still be able to parade in front of the OU band with a "Poop on Stoops" sign.

TripleOption14
5/2/2007, 03:10 PM
An even better question would be...... What ever happened to Romance Taylor?!?!? Hmm.... But of course I really don't give a good got d@mn what happens to shorthorns so..... whatever I guess!! :D

OSUAggie
5/2/2007, 03:25 PM
He reminded me of Hodges Mitchell. I guess Hodges was a bit smaller, though.

Taxman71
5/2/2007, 03:36 PM
Let's leave soccer players out of the discussion.

footballfanatic
5/2/2007, 07:48 PM
We already have gotten together in a more comfortable way.

Your AD bitched and whined about the mean ole sooner fans and we ended up with curtains on the tunnel.

Then he started to get to that point where you start hyperventilating between the tears and saying how the other boy is so mean, and now we have to alternate north and south.

No word yet on whether your man-dressed-as-a-cow will be still be able to parade in front of the OU band with a "Poop on Stoops" sign.

Whatever. My point is that a poster stated that he was a character issue cause he flipped the bird. If that was the case, I think we all must have character issues.

goingoneight
5/2/2007, 07:59 PM
Let's leave soccer players out of the discussion.

heh... grass fairies. :D

stonecoldsoonerfan
5/3/2007, 04:27 AM
Whatever. My point is that a poster stated that he was a character issue cause he flipped the bird. If that was the case, I think we all must have character issues.

guess you wouldn't mind raising your children that way, huh?

King Crimson
5/3/2007, 07:08 AM
i was always more a' skeered of the young Selvyn than Cedric Benson...inna day.

Benson was great against Baylor and whichever non-con patsie UT played at home....but never did jack against a good D. even with the great OL.

footballfanatic
5/3/2007, 07:10 AM
guess you wouldn't mind raising your children that way, huh?

I have two daughters. I would never want them to pointlessly flip off someone, or curse at someone for no reason. But I do want my daughters to stand up for themselves if someone picks on them physically or mentally. Other parents; agree or disagree?

stonecoldsoonerfan
5/3/2007, 08:21 AM
so you approve of your daughters flipping off someone? agree or disagree?

footballfanatic
5/3/2007, 08:52 AM
so you approve of your daughters flipping off someone? agree or disagree?

Of course I don't want them to do so. Still, if Selvin hurt your feelings, or the feelings of any of the sooner players, or even those of your esteemed coach (who has spent more time in the last two RRR games arguing with officials than actually coaching), I am deeply sorry. I hope it wasn't too competitive.

47straight
5/3/2007, 10:06 AM
Of course I don't want them to do so. Still, if Selvin hurt your feelings, or the feelings of any of the sooner players, or even those of your esteemed coach (who has spent more time in the last two RRR games arguing with officials than actually coaching), I am deeply sorry. I hope it wasn't too competitive.

Sounds like you don't consider Selvin Young to be an appropriate role model. I'm glad we agree on something.

However I'm sad that you cannot see that Selvin Young didn't hurt our feelings at all. He only hurt himself. Showed his ********* character. Which reminds of horn posts in this thread.

footballfanatic
5/3/2007, 10:26 AM
Sounds like you don't consider Selvin Young to be an appropriate role model. I'm glad we agree on something.

However I'm sad that you cannot see that Selvin Young didn't hurt our feelings at all. He only hurt himself. Showed his ********* character. Which reminds of horn posts in this thread.

Then needless to say, you include all of the Sooner fans who have thrown things at UT players in the category of loathsome behavior. We can agree on that, as well.

stonecoldsoonerfan
5/3/2007, 10:58 AM
He never had character issues--by all accounts, he is great guy.

has nothing to do with hurt feelings, does it? didn't say it did. people that are usually too stubborn to abandon their position on a subject will changet it to something else like you

hope your daughters go out with him then. maybe he can teach them the finer aspects they're missing on this fine art of communication. sounds like great family values to me. maybe mack can just teach it at practice as a team? in fact, maybe taylor can be a grad. assistant for them. that's an even better idea.

footballfanatic
5/3/2007, 12:49 PM
has nothing to do with hurt feelings, does it? didn't say it did. people that are usually too stubborn to abandon their position on a subject will changet it to something else like you

hope your daughters go out with him then. maybe he can teach them the finer aspects they're missing on this fine art of communication. sounds like great family values to me. maybe mack can just teach it at practice as a team? in fact, maybe taylor can be a grad. assistant for them. that's an even better idea.

Speaking about someone's children in that way here is not appropriate. This is a place where fans can exchange good-natured barbs, but personal comments like this should be avoided.

stonecoldsoonerfan
5/3/2007, 01:38 PM
if you wouldn't want your kids to do it, don't approve of it when someone else does it. just pointing out the hypocracy of your statements.

it's really a virtue to admit you're wrong, ya know...

Luthor
5/3/2007, 02:02 PM
Selvin was a serviceable back for us. He had several above average performances but overall he was not a premier RB. I think most Texas fans feel that Charles should have pulled the load last year but Mack seems to be big on loyalty to upper classmen. It might have cost us the tOSU game because they did not respect Young as a homerun threat.

footballfanatic
5/3/2007, 02:24 PM
if you wouldn't want your kids to do it, don't approve of it when someone else does it. just pointing out the hypocracy of your statements.

it's really a virtue to admit you're wrong, ya know...

I never approved of it--I just think it's a pinprick. The players have say far worse to each other on every play of the series.

FYI, it's "hypocrisy." (well, there's a surprise, someone with your views who can't spell basic English words)

Seamus
5/3/2007, 03:32 PM
Swell. The spelling gestapo :rolleyes:

stonecoldsoonerfan
5/3/2007, 03:58 PM
I never approved of it--I just think it's a pinprick. The players have say far worse to each other on every play of the series.

FYI, it's "hypocrisy." (well, there's a surprise, someone with your views who can't spell basic English words)

you never DISapproved of it either. that's passive condonment. and grammmerr smakk is gineralley reserrved fer peeples loosing argumints too.

footballfanatic
5/4/2007, 10:26 AM
you never DISapproved of it either. that's passive condonment. and grammmerr smakk is gineralley reserrved fer peeples loosing argumints too.

Dude. You've got issues.

stonecoldsoonerfan
5/4/2007, 03:54 PM
Dude. You've got issues.

that's not a very sophisiticated way to avoid the issue. can't you do any better than that?

OSUAggie
5/4/2007, 04:40 PM
I approve of it. More flipping off should be done. And more cheating.

footballfanatic
5/4/2007, 05:54 PM
that's not a very sophisiticated way to avoid the issue. can't you do any better than that?

You still haven't answered the question about whether it's acceptable for grown men and women, with their children looking on, should be throwing garbage at the athletes they've come to watch. If that's acceptable civic behavior in the state of Oklahome, I'd be curious to hear, but it is not acceptable in Texas.

Piware
5/4/2007, 10:03 PM
He reminded me of Hodges Mitchell. I guess Hodges was a bit smaller, though.

You mean he doesn't remind you of Barry?? I thought you guys compared everybody to Barry. He was just like him only smaller, slower, played for the Whorns, didn't go to the Pros but other than that just like Barry.

47straight
5/5/2007, 01:13 AM
You still haven't answered the question about whether it's acceptable for grown men and women, with their children looking on, should be throwing garbage at the athletes they've come to watch. If that's acceptable civic behavior in the state of Oklahome, I'd be curious to hear, but it is not acceptable in Texas.

I don't understand. If you delete the middle phrase, it reads "whether it's acceptable for grown men and women should be throwing."

Hey, what's it called when you criticize other people for a fault that you yourself have? Hypothetical? Hippocratic? I can't remember...

Mr T Likes Texas
5/6/2007, 05:47 AM
http://www.dcimprov.com/boring.jpg

Big Red Ron
5/6/2007, 10:11 AM
That's one ugly baby.^^^

stonecoldsoonerfan
5/7/2007, 01:52 PM
Speaking about someone's children in that way here is not appropriate. This is a place where fans can exchange good-natured barbs, but personal comments like this should be avoided.

btw, if you're going to complain to the admin. on the board, you hit the wrong button. if you're going to negspek me, have the guts to put your name on it next time.

footballfanatic
5/8/2007, 12:03 PM
btw, if you're going to complain to the admin. on the board, you hit the wrong button. if you're going to negspek me, have the guts to put your name on it next time.

Again, try to keep your discussion on a level apprpriate to this board.

stonecoldsoonerfan
5/9/2007, 11:48 AM
sorry, but i didn't know that we had a resident horn as a moderator.:rolleyes: :cry:

Seamus
5/9/2007, 12:20 PM
Sometimes I feel as if whorns are a plague right out of the Bible ...

SoonerJLB
5/14/2007, 04:19 PM
a Plasma TV and had 5 lbs of pot in a back pack or something? I can't ever keep those bonghorn legal problems straight. ;)

Book 'em Bonghorns!

insuranceman_22
5/15/2007, 12:23 AM
Okay - get over this crap already! Let's face facts, both OU fans and horns have some rowdy fans that do things they shouldn't. It's not always right, but it is always going to happen.....the nature of the beast deal..... If you want to drop the Hammer on some fans, head on over the the lsu section, they're (almost collectively) are a bunch of *******s!

footballfanatic
5/15/2007, 11:22 AM
Okay - get over this crap already! Let's face facts, both OU fans and horns have some rowdy fans that do things they shouldn't. It's not always right, but it is always going to happen.....the nature of the beast deal..... If you want to drop the Hammer on some fans, head on over the the lsu section, they're (almost collectively) are a bunch of *******s!

Actually, we agree, as my point was that Selvin's alleged behavior (he flipped the bird--my how shocking!) during the OU game was no big deal, in light of the nature of the series. The OU poster was trying to use that as some proof of Selvin's "bad character," although the only bad character actually exhibited was his choice of tasteless comments.

stonecoldsoonerfan
5/15/2007, 09:05 PM
Actually, we agree, as my point was that Selvin's alleged behavior (he flipped the bird--my how shocking!) during the OU game was no big deal, in light of the nature of the series. The OU poster was trying to use that as some proof of Selvin's "bad character," although the only bad character actually exhibited was his choice of tasteless comments.

you forgot about your denial. (--my how shocking!)