PDA

View Full Version : They gonna take away our Beers - thanks to all the Bama 'Necks

CUinNC
5/1/2007, 11:29 AM
But the France family, which owns Talladega Superspeedway and is thus responsible for the safety and security of its fans as well as its drivers and officials, may be kicking itself today for not doing a better job of crowd control, for not adequately preparing for the too-predictable, beer-can-throwing finale to the Aaron’s 499 by some rowdy fans.

The incident was another blow to NASCAR’s image: Yesterday morning on TV shows the replays were not of the action-packed overtime finish but of the ugly beer-can barrage.

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ/MGArticle/WSJ_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173351023022

1. You won't be able to see much of the race, 'cause you'll be standing in a damm line all day
2. You won't be able to buy enuf beer
3. You'll spill half of it (or drink it) before you get back to your seat
4. good beer is better from a just-opened can - beer in cups succ
5. damm flies & yellow jackets will be swarming all over you 'cause of the beer in a cup

They worried about ratings?....Heck, they take away the beer in the coolers, they better worry about how many "necks are going to be coming to the tracks...

Since 1971 I've been going to races, for all the right reasons....this will make me quit...

PSA - I have never thrown a beer can in the stands but I have tossed a few at someone's head @ the tailgate after the race:D

CUinNC
5/1/2007, 11:45 AM
Beer is good.....Beer is great....it's what make a raceday great;)

MamaMia
5/1/2007, 11:58 AM
I think they should only allow beer in the Kerr McGee Talladega Superspeedway Club Suite.

OKLA21FAN
5/1/2007, 12:01 PM
beers don't kill people......people do

CUinNC
5/1/2007, 12:03 PM
I think they should only allow beer in the Kerr McGee Talladega Superspeedway Club Suite.

Over the years I have been lucky to have seats behind the glass & in suites, many times & I have tried, but it just isn't the same as down below...I just don't like it...

Now the condos, that's something else altogether - greatness...

MamaMia
5/1/2007, 12:11 PM
Over the years I have been lucky to have seats behind the glass & in suites, many times & I have tried, but it just isn't the same as down below...I just don't like it...

Now the condos, that's something else altogether - greatness...I would love to have a condo at Owen Field. I'd watch the game from my balcony in my OU jammies.