PDA

View Full Version : Sen Biden to shove bill down Presidents Throat.

85Sooner
5/1/2007, 11:14 AM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0507/Biden_on_Iraq_bill_Were_going_to_shove_it_down_his _throat.html

So I took a moment to contact Sen Biden. Here is my letter

Dear Mr. Biden,

I have listened to you for many years. I have yet to hear one cohesive plan come from you. So now your going to make President Bush accept your so called bill???????????????

You should be ashamed of yourself. I know you believe that Americans want us out of Iraq. You are right! Sure we want this thing over. Who in their right mind wouldn't. That said, Americans are winners and will not tolerate a loser. You and many in your party have made statements that make it imperative that we ( the USA) lose this conflict otherwise you will be proven as lacking in forward thinking and judgement. You cannot let that happen, thus you are now in a position that inherently states "If we lose, I was right. If we win , I was wrong" and you can't be wrong can you. You can't afford to. Thus the only logical conclusion is that your actions are against the best of all Americans and the United States of America.

I don't believe you have paid attention to much of the history of war and the United States, Mr Biden. Check out the history of US casualties after the Spanish American war and WW2. Only since the election of officials from your era has the United States of America failed to achieve its goals during wartime. Quite a legacy for the baby boomers huh. I am one of the younger members and often wonder how we strayed from the achievements realized by our father. Members of the "Greatest Generation"

Insurgency is as old as the bible and takes time to defeat. Especially if this insurgency has been being bred for the past 2 decades due to neglect and ignorance by the US and UN as well as your having to spend half of your time dealing with spineless opponents to your policy who fight against you not try to help you achieve victory.

I hope you will rethink your stance. Some of the actions taken by leaders in your party are, IMHO criminal. I know it is wishful thinking for any Democrat to be held responsible for their actions, but for the sake of the US, who's side are you on?

Respectfully,

soonerboy_odanorth
5/1/2007, 11:25 AM
Ummmm, could you repeat the part about the thing of the watchamacalit?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/1/2007, 11:56 AM
[url]http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0507/Biden_on_Iraq_bill_Were_going_to_shove_it_down_his _throat.html[/u

I am one of the younger members and often wonder how we strayed from the achievements realized by our father.

Insurgency is as old as the bible and takes time to defeat. Especially if this insurgency has been being bred for the past 2 decades due to neglect and ignorance by the US and UN as well as your having to spend half of your time dealing with spineless opponents to your policy who fight against you not try to help you achieve victory.

Your letter will go over like a lead balloon in Biden's office, but you might want to tweak the above quotes I took from the letter, to make it a bit clearer.

LoyalFan
5/1/2007, 11:58 AM
85Sooner,

You are dead on target! I've never ONCE heard a Dem or other Anti-war dweeb offer a workable plan to deal with terrorism. Do they honestly think that if we leave Iraq the raghead vermin will suddenly send flowers and apologize for the innumerable atrocities they've committed?
Worse yet, they are breeding like rabbits over here and training home-grown jihadists under the protection of our own Constitution. Only the most Draconian measures will prevent the enslavement of America and, ultimately, the rest of the world.
Look at Great Britain, great no more, which will soon be a nuclear wasteland and firmly in the grip of Islamic tyranny. Unless we act with ruthless intent and effect, and soon, we will follow Britain, Belgium, France, The Netherlands, etc, into the darkness.
Sad to say, there is but one cure. If the "moderate" Islamics will not cleanse their religion, then we must do it for them.
For starters, arm and support the majority of Iranians, who detest their own so-called leadership.
Idea: The next time a chanting, cheering mob dances in the streets in celebration of another atrocity, let Al-Jazeera's cameraman's last transmission be that of a Tomahawk missile detonating a few feet above the horde. Would that be great on the Channel 5 News? You betcha, and it'd get more hits on YouTube than all other clips combined.

LoyalFan
Fed up and grieving for mankind

soonerscuba
5/1/2007, 12:08 PM
For starters, arm and support the majority of Iranians, who detest their own so-called leadership.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111!!!!! !!1oneone

Frozen Sooner
5/1/2007, 12:19 PM
Well, certainly THAT well-reasoned letter will get him to change his mind.

frankensooner
5/1/2007, 12:54 PM
You misspelled "judgment"

TheHumanAlphabet
5/1/2007, 01:25 PM
You should have use dthe salutation..."Dear Mr. Plagarizer" as he plagarized his graduate thesis.

JohnnyMack
5/1/2007, 01:34 PM
Dear Mr. sas,

suck it.

Respectfully,

JohnnyMack

LoyalFan
5/1/2007, 01:58 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111!!!!! !!1oneone

"Bwahaaa" all you will, O fluent one, but there is basis in fact. Great numbers of Iranians, knowing what lies ahead if the madmen continue their course, and not wishing to be incinerated in one big incandescent glow (See: Nuke) would, if supported, *make an effort to overthrow the current crop of deranged defectives.
Next time, ascend slowly. The nitrogen bubbles are gettin' the best of ye.

LF

*That is, if we don't crap out on 'em like JEffin'K betrayed the Cubans (See: Bay of Pigs...not to be confused with Rosie O'Donnell's swimming pool.)

Jeopardude
5/1/2007, 02:26 PM
You misspelled "judgment"

I have actually looked into the judgement/judgment spelling before. Per the OED, "judgment" is used in legal literature as in a ruling by a judge, and "judgement" is for other considered decisions made by nonlegal authorities. This fine point isn't observed much anymore and either spelling is fine.

frankensooner
5/1/2007, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the lesson now, **** off dip **** ;)

85Sooner
5/1/2007, 03:00 PM
I was trying to be somewhat respectful because I don't want the FBI coming to my door.

Hatfield
5/1/2007, 03:50 PM
people that honestly believe the democrats want us to "lose" are funny

but with that said, while i disagree with most of what you said in your letter, I commend you for taking the time to participate in the process.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/1/2007, 03:59 PM
people that honestly believe the democrats want us to "lose" are funnyHow would you characterize the policy of annaounced withdrawal, if not "lose"?

soonerscuba
5/1/2007, 03:59 PM
How would you characterize the policy of annaounced withdrawal, if not "lose"?

I'll bite. "Fix".

Shaz-Bot
5/1/2007, 04:01 PM
I have yet to hear one cohesive plan come from you.
Senator Biden is actually one of the few people (Rep or Dem) who actually has a plan to stabilize Iraq. His plan makes a lot more sense than trying to maintain a country that was arbitrarily created by the British 100 years ago.

http://biden.senate.gov/newsroom/details.cfm?id=273373&

I think he might know something about history, too...

"History suggests only there's only a couple other ways to keep together a country consumed by sectarian strife. One, you occupy the country for a generation or more. That's not in our DNA - we're not the Persian Empire or the British Empire. Two, you install a dictator. Wouldn't that be the ultimate irony for the United States - to go back after taking one down and install another one? Three, you let them fight it out until one side massacres the other - and that's not an option in that tinderbox part of the world. Or lastly, you make federalism work for the Iraqis. You give them control over the fabric of their daily lives. You separate the parties. You give them breathing room. Let them control their local police, their education, their religion and marriage - the very things they're fighting over. That's the only possibility: change the focus to a limited central government and the federal system that their constitution calls for," said Sen. Biden.

85Sooner
5/1/2007, 05:10 PM
Senator Biden is actually one of the few people (Rep or Dem) who actually has a plan to stabilize Iraq. His plan makes a lot more sense than trying to maintain a country that was arbitrarily created by the British 100 years ago.

"History suggests only there's only a couple other ways to keep together a country consumed by sectarian strife. One, you occupy the country for a generation or more. That's not in our DNA - we're not the Persian Empire or the British Empire. Two, you install a dictator. Wouldn't that be the ultimate irony for the United States - to go back after taking one down and install another one? Three, you let them fight it out until one side massacres the other - and that's not an option in that tinderbox part of the world. Or lastly, you make federalism work for the Iraqis. You give them control over the fabric of their daily lives. You separate the parties. You give them breathing room. Let them control their local police, their education, their religion and marriage - the very things they're fighting over. That's the only possibility: change the focus to a limited central government and the federal system that their constitution calls for," said Sen. Biden.

Thats a plan? Portion off the country. Yeah and how do you enforce that.
Promise the sunnis funding. Last I looked funding has never been a problem for either sunnis or shiites. Give the neighbors a part in helping control the situation? Iran and Saudi?

Part of this is the Presidents Plan. unfortunately the country is not at a place to implement the parts that he is talking about.

BTW I don't see anything that indicates that he has any knowledge of history by that quote. We were told on day one that this would be long and if you read in my letter, its gonna take far more than 4 years to overcome 20+ years of brainwashing ignored by both parties.

picasso
5/1/2007, 07:54 PM
people that honestly believe the democrats want us to "lose" are funny

but with that said, while i disagree with most of what you said in your letter, I commend you for taking the time to participate in the process.
they attached a budget to this bill that requires the president to basically tell everyone we'll be moving out on x date. so then you can blow the **** out of the place.
I heard on the radio coming home that the Army and Marines are now out of 6,000 needed vehicles.

what say we give our boys all the ammo they need and play politicos over here without hurting them???

Rogue
5/1/2007, 08:13 PM
Dear Mr. Biden,
That said, Americans are winners and will not tolerate a loser.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j257/soonercody/patton.jpg

Video Linkage (http://youtube.com/watch?v=YDecLiA_Qbw)

soonerscuba
5/1/2007, 08:22 PM
I heard on the radio coming home that the Army and Marines are now out of 6,000 needed vehicles.

what say we give our boys all the ammo they need and play politicos over here without hurting them???

They have the funds in place to last through July. If they are down vehicles, it isn't a Congressional problem.

That said, I think the Dems might actually be playing hard-ball, if that is true, I think that there comes a point where the president has to cave per seperation of powers.

picasso
5/1/2007, 08:37 PM
They have the funds in place to last through July. If they are down vehicles, it isn't a Congressional problem.

That said, I think the Dems might actually be playing hard-ball, if that is true, I think that there comes a point where the president has to cave per seperation of powers.
no, they don't have the extra funds they need. as in the funds those in charge would like. I'm not talking about what the politicians want.

I'm one rightie who's glad Rumsie's gone.

JohnnyMack
5/1/2007, 08:50 PM
I agree. George S. Patton would kick Biden in the nuts and be done with him.

picasso
5/1/2007, 08:55 PM
I agree. George S. Patton would kick Biden in the nuts and be done with him.
so's I'm at an art show several years ago and an artist buddy of mine who is now deceased is outside talking to a collector of his. as I stroll by I hear the guy talking about his dog liking General Patton.:confused:
I stop and listen and the dude says yeah, General Patton comes by and visits us now and then and he loves scruffles here.:eek:
I ask my buddy later on and he says the old guy is into reincarnation. cool dewd.

KABOOKIE
5/1/2007, 10:25 PM

Heh. I've read that Biden "plan". Talk about a total pipe dream. And as the poster mentioned above a lot of the stuff he mentions in his dream is out of the control of the U.S.

Shaz-Bot
5/1/2007, 11:04 PM
Heh. I've read that Biden "plan". Talk about a total pipe dream. And as the poster mentioned above a lot of the stuff he mentions in his dream is out of the control of the U.S.

I guess we just need to "stay the course" and "win".

Who has the bigger pipe dream, Biden or Bush??