PDA

View Full Version : Starting my new job today!

Ike
5/1/2007, 10:17 AM
I guess I'm a Great Lakes aggie now.

Howzit
5/1/2007, 10:22 AM
Ike, if you get stumped and need some help, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Ike
5/1/2007, 07:31 PM
Good luck! Aren't there like a kajillion people in that school?
The number I was told is that there are something like 45,000 undergrads there. Thats a whole lot. The campus is friggin huge too. I was only there yesterday and this morning. Now I'm back in IL which is where I will actually work from.

For being an aggie school, they sure do have an impressive physics department (of course, I already knew that)

royalfan5
5/1/2007, 07:34 PM
I hear good things about MSU from my friend in the graduate linguistics department. And there ain't nothing wrong with most ag schools.

Ike
5/1/2007, 08:04 PM
I hear good things about MSU from my friend in the graduate linguistics department. And there ain't nothing wrong with most ag schools.
Yeah....from what I have seen they more than make up for their lack of commitment to a top-notch football program by making huge commitments to world class science programs. I can't really say much about other parts of the university, but the breadth and depth of just the physics department is truly impressive. Spending time with just the particle physics faculty these last 2 days was a blast. I can't wait to work with these people.

royalfan5
5/1/2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah....from what I have seen they more than make up for their lack of commitment to a top-notch football program by making huge commitments to world class science programs. I can't really say much about other parts of the university, but the breadth and depth of just the physics department is truly impressive. Spending time with just the particle physics faculty these last 2 days was a blast. I can't wait to work with these people.
It's amazing what you find out about schools once you get past their athletic programs in some cases.

GottaHavePride
5/1/2007, 08:34 PM
It's amazing what you find out about schools once you get past their athletic programs in some cases.

Yeah. I mean, who woulda thought Rutgers was good at anything?

;)