PDA

View Full Version : Student tickets go on sale

snp
5/1/2007, 10:10 AM
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=2475&SPID=190&DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=27041

Go go go.

Spanish Sooner
5/1/2007, 10:55 AM
already got mine

chantundefeated
5/1/2007, 01:28 PM
already got mine. I'm freakin pumped for football season

Jewstin
5/2/2007, 03:08 AM
Unless I end up at graduate school here, this will be my last go round with inexpensive and easily nabbed season tickets.

*single tear rolls down cheek*

snp
5/2/2007, 03:20 AM
I'm in the same boat. I hate this boat.

illinisooner
5/2/2007, 10:21 AM
Got mine too...hopefully the freshman will step up this year and buy the rest of them, because IIRC, they haven't done so the last two years.

Bruiser53
5/2/2007, 10:48 AM
Got them as soon as I woke up yesterday. Miami is going to be out of control.

Vaevictis
5/2/2007, 11:30 AM
Signed up for two, assuming I'm still here in the Fall.

sooner518
5/2/2007, 11:38 AM
stupid college kids with their stupid cheap and easily available season tickets. dont take them for granted. as for me, Im going to the CU game in Boulder where I will probably be pelted with marshmalows and batteries. and marshmallow covered batteries. :D

I guess I cant complain about my 4 years of home games from 01-05.
how much are season tickets nowadays?

snp
5/2/2007, 11:57 AM
$145 which doesn't include the Texas game.

virginiasooner
5/2/2007, 12:01 PM
Hey, Sooner518, hubby and I are also heading to Boulder this year! Where are you getting tickets?

CatfishSooner
5/2/2007, 05:36 PM
I got mine and might I add 145 bones for 7 games is f'n outstanding!

snp
5/2/2007, 08:04 PM
Does seem like a good deal. I plan on making it to Tulsa, Lubbock and Dallas as well. Going to be a fun senior year.

goingoneight
5/2/2007, 08:06 PM
So, these would be the "REAL FANS" tickets, right??? :D

sooner518
5/2/2007, 11:06 PM
Hey, Sooner518, hubby and I are also heading to Boulder this year! Where are you getting tickets?
tried to send you a personal message but it wouldnt let me. ive got a friend with season tickets and we requested away game tickets from the OU athletic department. if that fails, i imagine we'll hit the scalpers outside the stadium.

ArkanSooner
5/11/2007, 04:58 PM
I'm a little late, but I just found out I got my transfer scholarships to OU this week. Signed up just now for these student tickets! So if anyone else still doesn't have them yet, there are still some available. Boomer!

By the way, I only know a few students out there, so if any of you guys want to meet up some time next year just shoot me a messge.

colleyvillesooner
5/11/2007, 05:01 PM
wife and I will be in Boulder as well.

yermom
5/11/2007, 05:10 PM
i'm sure i won't see you :D

colleyvillesooner
5/11/2007, 06:34 PM
We should do a Friday night meet up thing. Specially if I've met you before then. If there's a Tulsa tailgate, I'll be there.

Who knows, you play your cards right, I may even flash you the peace sign. :D

setem
7/25/2007, 12:37 AM
As some of you may know I am a new "Sooner"...

I will be going to OU in the fall. The week before classes start I am told I need to fill out a request for season tickets. I guess I am a Group 2 student and there is a set amount of tickets set aside for transfer students and freshmen to buy. Is that correct and what are my odds of pulling a season ticket this year?

I have talked to to ticket office about it and I know what I need to do to get them. I just wanted to know the odds are of me getting one?

BTW Colleyville I have that shirt and will be wearing it on gameday!

Spanish Sooner
7/25/2007, 01:37 AM
Depends on the year, I´d say yes and no. My freshman year in 2004 there wasn´t enough, but last two years there was left overs.

illinisooner
7/25/2007, 01:50 AM
As some of you may know I am a new "Sooner"...

I will be going to OU in the fall. The week before classes start I am told I need to fill out a request for season tickets. I guess I am a Group 2 student and there is a set amount of tickets set aside for transfer students and freshmen to buy. Is that correct and what are my odds of pulling a season ticket this year?

I have talked to to ticket office about it and I know what I need to do to get them. I just wanted to know the odds are of me getting one?

BTW Colleyville I have that shirt and will be wearing it on gameday!

You'll most likely get season tickets, but you will not be getting OU/TX tickets unless you want to pay big time. My uncle is a ticket broker so I "only" paid $115 (student price is $85) my freshman year (2004) for tickets, albeit on the 5 yard line in the Texas section. As the guy before me said, you most likely won't have to do the lottery for season tickets. Even if there is a lottery and you don't get tix, as long as you're willing to get up early on Thursday morning...you can get a ticket.

SteelClip49
7/25/2007, 09:57 AM
I had student tickets in 2004 and it sucked. I was able to sell the rest of mine after 3 games and made some decent money; not a lot because they were in the student section. It would take my roommate and I 45 minutes just to get to a seat because idiot students can't decide where they want to sit so they get up and make it harder for others who are trying to sit. It's a good thing POPS has his fair share for each game; second deck is better and you can see a lot more and don't have to worry about struggling to look over people.

yermom
7/25/2007, 10:05 AM
the only thing i don't miss about the student section is having to get there so early to get a seat

sitting in the North Endzone with the people that sit on their hands and go in and out all game kinda succs

Boomer.....
7/25/2007, 10:10 AM
the only thing i don't miss about the student section is having to get there so early to get a seat
x2. It sucks having to get drunk at 8:30. :D

illinisooner
7/25/2007, 11:06 AM
One thing I've never understood is why they don't show highlights or something on the jumbotron before the game. They've got that weird student participation thing where the people have the put on the frozen shirt or whatever, but after that, it's two hours until game time. Most of us are tired, drunk, or hungover, and it's usually 95 and sunny with no breeze. It'd be real cool to show some highlights or great games from years past, it gives us something to pass the time.

Boomer.....
7/25/2007, 11:21 AM
It does get pretty boring.

OUmillenium
7/25/2007, 03:47 PM
My wife (grad student at OU-Tulsa) got us student tix this year.

We had regular season tix in the south endzone 2003-2005.

It sounds like we need to get there really early?

I don't mind sitting halfway up or farther. Can you experienced folks give some info please on arrival time, gate #, etc.

Thanks in advance!

chantundefeated
7/25/2007, 03:55 PM
I was just a counselor for camp crimson, and ever freshman I talked to (at least 200) said they were getting tickets. The student section should be sold out this year.

For millenium: My entire fraternity sits on about the 40 at the top of the original section right below the suites. There aren't too many better seats in the house. Granted we do have pledges go and save seats, but when I had to do that, there weren't many people waiting inside the stadium 2 hrs before kickoff.

btw if you any of you have the chance to attend or send your kids to camp crimson, do it without thinking twice.

OUmillenium
7/25/2007, 04:00 PM
Thanks, chant