PDA

View Full Version : Probably A Stupid Idea

SteelClip49
5/1/2007, 10:01 AM
What would be the chances of Oklahoma maybe facing UCO in a practice scrimmage? For the sake of getting hurt I don't mean getting in all pads, just a run through. There would still be running and all that. I figured it would be a great experience for both squads, moreso UCO. It would be a great fan turnout. For UCO, it would be the ultimate practice finale before football season began. Just an idea I would throw out.

Collier11
5/1/2007, 10:08 AM
ghey!!

Landthief 1972
5/1/2007, 10:20 AM
As a UCO grad, I can attest that the Bronchos would get smoked. Repeatedly. The only experience they would get would be watching Patrick, Brown or Murray's jersey from the back side pulling away for 6. UCO has trouble keeping up with teams in the Lone Star Conference as it is.

SteelClip49
5/1/2007, 10:21 AM
well hell, Minnesota played North Dakota State a couple years ago and they are D2. I am just talking a simple scrimmage.

Rhino
5/1/2007, 10:56 AM
No.

Collier11
5/1/2007, 11:01 AM
what if there were a fight, what if uco's stud running back(do they have one?) broke his leg getting tackled by granger...etc. Too many bad things could happen that would outweigh the attention that UCO could get. Look at all the fights in NFL scrimmages

starrca23
5/1/2007, 11:14 AM
To many bad things could happen, and nothing good could come out of it for OU and really nothing for UCO either.

TheUnnamedSooner
5/1/2007, 11:58 AM
Take the "probably" out of the thread title.

royalfan5
5/1/2007, 12:18 PM
well hell, Minnesota played North Dakota State a couple years ago and they are D2. I am just talking a simple scrimmage.
NDSU has moved up to D-1AA as of 4 years ago.

Seamus
5/1/2007, 12:38 PM
Or maybe OU should scrimmage Jenks ... Why not? It's the next logical extrapolation :rolleyes:

CtheB
5/1/2007, 01:02 PM
What would be the chances of Oklahoma maybe facing UCO in a practice scrimmage? For the sake of getting hurt I don't mean getting in all pads, just a run through. There would still be running and all that. I figured it would be a great experience for both squads, moreso UCO. It would be a great fan turnout. For UCO, it would be the ultimate practice finale before football season began. Just an idea I would throw out.
We'd get a better look against our second and third teamers. No disrespect to UCO, but they just don't have the athletes to give us a "look" to get us ready for our schedule.

SteelClip49
5/1/2007, 01:51 PM
well, the responses were better than I thought they would be. Thanks for the input.

OUstud
5/1/2007, 02:49 PM
Flag football?

OSUAggie
5/1/2007, 02:51 PM
OSU/UCO, on the other hand....

fwsooner22
5/1/2007, 02:53 PM
Ummmmmmmmmm....no

ucosooner
5/1/2007, 03:43 PM
Yeah...Nothing good could come of this for either school really.
Now they did have a basketball scrimmage a year or two ago, and I believe that didn't go great for UCO. I mean...

snp
5/1/2007, 04:26 PM
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Collier11
5/1/2007, 04:38 PM
osu's "most powerful offense in the country" versus uco's womens soccer team, now that would be competitive!!!

OSUAggie
5/1/2007, 04:46 PM
osu's "most powerful offense in the country" versus uco's womens soccer team, now that would be competitive!!!

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10159415

The best offense in the country is ...

With apologies to Florida and Louisville, it just might be Oklahoma State.

Call it a spring knee jerk, but to the naked eye, no team had more talent than Oklahoma State at the end of last season (No. 7 overall, 35.2 points per game). Give me quarterback Bobby Reid (29 total touchdowns), tailback Dantrell Savage (6.5 yards per carry), tight end Brandon Pettigrew and receiver Adarius Bowman and I'll take my chances.

It must be true.... ;)

trey
5/1/2007, 04:48 PM
probably?

Collier11
5/1/2007, 04:52 PM
Doesnt matter if you score 35 if you are giving up 38, and a great D(OU and tex) will beat a great O almost everytime!

Collier11
5/1/2007, 04:54 PM
probably?

You know, like you "probably" just said the same thing that TUS said at the beginning of this thread!

OSUAggie
5/1/2007, 04:55 PM
Doesnt matter if you score 35 if you are giving up 38, and a great D(OU and tex) will beat a great O almost everytime!

Almost. Probably. :rolleyes:

So you're saying OSU's going 10-2?

Collier11
5/1/2007, 05:05 PM
Who knows, if they dont turn the ball over they could win 8-10, I dont see them winning in Norman and I dont see them beating texas and maybe not A&M, I need to see them play before I start forecasting though

Big Red Ron
5/1/2007, 05:06 PM
Almost. Probably. :rolleyes:

So you're saying OSU's going 10-2?Has aggie ever had such a glorious season?

trey
5/1/2007, 05:56 PM
You know, like you "probably" just said the same thing that TUS said at the beginning of this thread!

yeah, probably

goingoneight
5/1/2007, 07:07 PM
Don't we already play them in some "Bed-dumb" contest every year already?

goingoneight
5/1/2007, 07:10 PM
Bleh... double post...

Jello Biafra
5/1/2007, 08:46 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10159415

It must be true.... ;)

its dennis dodd for chris' sake......he's faggietastic. of course YOU would like him.

what happens when the best offense in the world gets smoked in front of god N' everybody in norman this year to a "rebuilding" defense????

then you, him and the rest of the orange koolaide drinkers can smoke poles together.....

goingoneight
5/1/2007, 09:11 PM
its dennis dodd for chris' sake......he's faggietastic. of course YOU would like him.

what happens when the best offense in the world gets smoked in front of god N' everybody in norman this year to a "rebuilding" defense????

then you, him and the rest of the orange koolaide drinkers can smoke poles together.....

Somewhere, Smack Central is really missing this post. :D

Boomerfreakinsooner
5/1/2007, 09:54 PM
I think the Texas' and the OSUs would have a field day at our expense if we played the Brochos.

starclassic tama
5/2/2007, 12:45 AM
what a stupid thread. what would be the point of this? especially not in pads? but i guess this is the same intellectual giant who is glad to get rid of that cancer adrian peterson

XingTheRubicon
5/2/2007, 08:56 AM
what a stupid thread. what would be the point of this? especially not in pads? but i guess this is the same intellectual giant who is glad to get rid of that cancer adrian peterson

Calm down, FEOUAD is an idiot's troll.

SteelClip49
5/2/2007, 10:41 AM
oooh insults. I am really hurting now.

This is not a stupid thread. It's not an impossible idea. So what if it never happens. All I am saying is it would be fun and the players could just let loose and not have to be serious like a typical practice or game. Exhibitions do happen.

The Green Bay Packers did lose to the College All Stars back in the day.

Xing, where do you get off in calling me a troll. What have I done that has been so idiotic? I don't say things unless I have inside info. AD is a nice guy but it was all about him.

snp
5/2/2007, 11:27 AM
oooh insults. I am really hurting now.

This is not a stupid thread. It's not an impossible idea.

Says the guy who believes this monumentally dumb idea would work. You don't have much credibility to dictate what is and isn't stupid.

Collier11
5/2/2007, 01:00 PM
So what if it never happens.

The whole point of your stupid post is that we should scrimmage uco, that idea is rediculous and would never happen! Therefore, it does matter that you brought it up in the first place then said so what if it never happens...that makes you a weeeeee-todddd!!

Seamus
5/2/2007, 01:14 PM
Man, what a paddling. Some folks just don't when to soak their arse in ice ...

OSUFAN11
5/2/2007, 01:49 PM
The Green Bay Packers did lose to the College All Stars back in the day.

I would rather watch OU scrimmage H.S. All-Americans than UCO. With the way you think, maybe the basketball team could scrimmage the Harlem Globe Trotters. That would be fun!;)

SteelClip49
5/2/2007, 02:53 PM
no imaginations whatsoever. If I implied that OU SHOULD play UCO then that is wrong. Besides, it was an IDEA. Ideas do happen whether they are brilliant or off-the-wall which seems to be this one from well everyone. Tough board.

TheUnnamedSooner
5/2/2007, 03:50 PM
Xing, where do you get off in calling me a troll. What have I done that has been so idiotic? I don't say things unless I have inside info.

Ok, where is your inside info on this?

OSUFAN11
5/2/2007, 04:00 PM
no imaginations whatsoever. If I implied that OU SHOULD play UCO then that is wrong. Besides, it was an IDEA. Ideas do happen whether they are brilliant or off-the-wall which seems to be this one from well everyone. Tough board.

There comes a time when people have ideas that they keep to themselves and ideas that are so crazy that they keep them to themselves. I think this was one that most people would have kept to themseleves.

SteelClip49
5/2/2007, 04:06 PM
I agree with you but sometimes I just feel the need to express myself. Even if the idea is, well from what I have seen, bad, I took the risk and got the responses. It is what it is.

Crimson Kid
5/2/2007, 04:23 PM
I love the way you people bash people around here for a bad idea, if you think it's a bad idea, then explain why you think it is, no need to be pricks about it.

Even if it was, just for fun, the players wouldn't look at it like that, and somebody would end up hurt, not worth the risk imo.

Collier11
5/2/2007, 04:26 PM
I love the way you people bash people around here for a bad idea, if you think it's a bad idea, then explain why you think it is, no need to be pricks about it.

Even if it was, just for fun, the players wouldn't look at it like that, and somebody would end up hurt, not worth the risk imo.

Here is what you guys need to realize about a message board. One, they are filled with smart asses and sometimes people are just trying to get the poster riled up and they oblige. Two, sometimes these people do take themselves too seriously and act like jerks. The point is that the more you react, especially as a n00b, the more people are going to get on you about stuff. If you take it personally then you are too sensitive!! You should be able to decipher between a post you make thats dumb but not that big of a deal and a post that you make that is plain idiotic or offensive. Figure out the diff between the two and you will figure out if people are being sarcastic or actually annoyed by you!!!

OSUAggie
5/2/2007, 04:29 PM
God, Collier, you're such a ****ing prick. ;)

Collier11
5/2/2007, 04:32 PM
Sometimes you have to tell it like it is!!! Stupid AG!

Collier11
5/2/2007, 04:33 PM
Oh Yea...... ;)

Collier11
5/2/2007, 04:34 PM
Oh Yea...... ;)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SteelClip49
5/2/2007, 04:40 PM
I just looked at my reputation and see a variety of colored speks. I can sense when people are annoyed, sarcastic and ****ed; well somewhat. I am not sensitive, well except when I need to use Sensodyne, but other than that I know it's a message board where you can express yourself and give opinions. I was not looking for attention when I posted this and was not looking to make people mad by having this idea.

The basis of this idea was based on me attending OU and now UCO. I have seen both play. Langston is a Sooner and was an assistant under Blake before Stoops & Co. Dusty Dvoracek's brother plays/played for UCO. Just small things that made me think of this.

Collier11
5/2/2007, 04:43 PM
I am not sensitive, well except when I need to use Sensodyne

I should NEG you for a dumb joke now...but I will let it slide this time!!!

OSUFAN11
5/2/2007, 04:54 PM
I should NEG you for a dumb joke now...but I will let it slide this time!!!
Collier does have a big NEG Hammer!

Collier11
5/2/2007, 04:58 PM
Your sick!!! How did you get ahold of those pics???

OSUFAN11
5/2/2007, 05:03 PM
Your sick!!! How did you get ahold of those pics???

Your so funny!! I bet you missed me while I was on my ban for being a wank!

Collier11
5/2/2007, 05:15 PM
You are right...there are only a few people who can say such idiotic things as you!!!

OSUFAN11
5/2/2007, 05:21 PM
You are right...there are only a few people who can say such idiotic things as you!!!

Ha Ha! You are one of the few!;)

TheUnnamedSooner
5/2/2007, 05:37 PM
hmph, post padder ;)

Crimson Kid
5/2/2007, 06:40 PM
I just looked at my reputation and see a variety of colored speks.

Same here dude, but someone told me to, shut up loser. lol, awhhh my feelings are hurt.

I could careless about that stupid rating crap, drop all the hammers you want, means nothing to me, just like your comments or ratings.

Collier11
5/2/2007, 06:55 PM
If they dont mean anything then why are you whining about them and bringing them up!!! Typical...We have all seen this a million times, if you didnt care you wouldnt comment on it.

Seamus
5/2/2007, 06:56 PM
<emo music> Whaah. </emo music>

Jello Biafra
5/2/2007, 06:59 PM
Ha Ha! You are one of the few!;)

why don't you two homeowners get a room? jesus. it's getting to where you can't even slap around the hunchbacks of this board without someone coming to their rescue......

goingoneight
5/2/2007, 08:02 PM
Your so funny!! I bet you missed me while I was on my ban for being a wank!

Shouldn't all :stunned:s be banned for being wanks? ;)

goingoneight
5/2/2007, 08:05 PM
<emo music> Whaah. </emo music>

Best post EVAR!!! :D

OSUFAN11
5/2/2007, 08:06 PM
No just some of them I guess!:)

MichiganSooner
5/2/2007, 08:45 PM
to get back to the original question, it is not a good idea for UCO to scrimmage OU, IMO. It won't benefit either team. I lived in Pittsburg, KS and followed the Pitt State Gorillas. Usually, nationally ranked all season and heading for the D2 championship game. They are very good in D2 as was North Dakota State but can not compete with KU much less OU. Why? To start, scholarship numbers. We get what? 85? They get less than that. High school players attracted to D1 have definite dreams of the NFL although only a few actually make it. D2 players simply play for the love of the game; a few in the entire nation will make the NFL as opposed to several OU starters having a decent chance. Therefore, the very best high school players go to D1 if they have grades, not D2. Coach Broyles of Pitt State described his players as 260-290 lb lineman instead of 290-310 in D1. And his lineman run a 40 a full second slower than the bigger D1 lineman.

Pitt State has beaten some D1-AA teams but they were not good and the games were very close and Pitt was near the top of the nation in D2.

Enjoy the Bronchos and try to see the Sooners when UCO is on the road.

MojoRisen
5/2/2007, 09:06 PM
As a UCO grad, I can attest that the Bronchos would get smoked. Repeatedly. The only experience they would get would be watching Patrick, Brown or Murray's jersey from the back side pulling away for 6. UCO has trouble keeping up with teams in the Lone Star Conference as it is.

However in 83 I would think it would have been at least fun to watch paige throw all over our secondary. That team had plenty of blue chip transfers from Arkansas, ALabama and Oklahoma.

Seamus
5/2/2007, 10:05 PM

No just some of them I guess!:)

Well, I see your point, and it is a good one, but I think I'm going to have to go with "all of them." :P

SteelClip49
5/2/2007, 10:14 PM
>>>Enjoy the Bronchos and try to see the Sooners when UCO is on the road.<<<

Oh, I see OU every year. I have seen way too many over my illustriOUs 23 year existence. OU football is very true to me. I cancelled an anniversary dinner with the exgf to see OU. Oklahoma football is a part of me. The Switzer Center is my holy place of worship. I can't get enough.

Collier11
5/2/2007, 10:45 PM
>>>Enjoy the Bronchos and try to see the Sooners when UCO is on the road.<<<
I have seen way too many over my illustriOUs 23 year existence.

YOu lost me right there...you are still a turd sandwhich despite your attempts!!!

SteelClip49
5/3/2007, 08:40 AM
well at least you call me a turd in a positive, happy, optimistic, humorous sort of way.

T OUGH
U NIQUE
R OCKIN
D UDE

TURD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheUnnamedSooner
5/3/2007, 08:55 AM
Why would you go to an anniversary dinner with an exgf anyway?

SteelClip49
5/3/2007, 09:01 AM
we were together at the time

OSUFAN11
5/3/2007, 09:05 AM
we were together at the time

Maybe that is why she is now your EX girlfriend!

MojoRisen
5/3/2007, 09:14 AM
Look if you were not a turd you would know that EXGF really turns into new strange after a certain period of time.

Lesson don't burn bridges!

SteelClip49
5/3/2007, 10:26 AM
i don't get it

Collier11
5/3/2007, 10:43 AM
Turds dont get much except for smeared!!!