PDA

View Full Version : SAC Baseball...kind of

setem
4/30/2007, 12:00 PM
...not really. As some of you may know. I am a high school baseball coach. I also run a American Legion squad during the summer out of Bethany.

Over the past couple of weeks I have been working with Coach Crabaugh at OCU to use their facilities for my baseball team this summer! The decision came down today that my American Legion Post 12 Ruf-Neks will be allowed to use Jim Wade Stadium for all of their home games. This is great news for my kids. They will be able to get some awesome exposure and get a chance to play on a fantastic college baseball diamond. I am definitely excited about this and I can not wait to get out on that field.

Expect it, Be it...THE BEST!

OCUDad
4/30/2007, 12:06 PM
If there's any way to get Coach Lytle to work with your kids on hitting, go for it. He is arguably one of the best hitting coaches around today.

setem
4/30/2007, 02:44 PM
If there's any way to get Coach Lytle to work with your kids on hitting, go for it. He is arguably one of the best hitting coaches around today.

I agree 100%! Lytle is a fantastic coach! I went to all of there camps when I was younger. He also was one of the coaches of the 15 and under Sooners that Mark Matthews used to coach back in the day. Some good kids came out of that program.

OSUFAN11
5/2/2007, 08:18 AM
I agree 100%! Lytle is a fantastic coach! I went to all of there camps when I was younger. He also was one of the coaches of the 15 and under Sooners that Mark Matthews used to coach back in the day. Some good kids came out of that program.

I have played with and against a lot of guys that played for him and Matthews when they coached the Norman Sooners. There was quite a bit of talent on that team and pretty much all of them ended up being pretty good. I know for a fact that a few of them, maybe more, are in the minor leagues right now.

setem
5/2/2007, 11:00 AM
I have played with and against a lot of guys that played for him and Matthews when they coached the Norman Sooners. There was quite a bit of talent on that team and pretty much all of them ended up being pretty good. I know for a fact that a few of them, maybe more, are in the minor leagues right now.

Who did you play for? I played 2 years on the Sooners. We has some good times on that team. Some of the parents went alittle nuts some times. I think Mark Matthews is in New Mexico now? I am not sure what he does.

OSUFAN11
5/2/2007, 01:42 PM
Who did you play for? I played 2 years on the Sooners. We has some good times on that team. Some of the parents went alittle nuts some times. I think Mark Matthews is in New Mexico now? I am not sure what he does.

Did you play with Matt Black, Matt Houston, and that group?

SOONER STEAKER
5/2/2007, 03:30 PM
Mark MAtthews is the President of the SUPER SERIES tourney for youth baseball. He is now a multi-millionaire doing this venture. There are SUPER SERIES tournamnets from coast-to-coast starting in April that run thru August. You can compare it too his old AAU tourney that he sponsored in Norman for ages 7-14.

setem
5/2/2007, 03:31 PM
Haha man I do not remember much of anyone from that team really. I was 13 and 14 it has been a long time. We had a couple of decent pitchers that played. I remember Jeremy Gold and Daniel Stewart. We hung around a bit back then. I mainly stuck with the pitchers and the other catcher.

OSUFAN11
5/2/2007, 03:57 PM
Haha man I do not remember much of anyone from that team really. I was 13 and 14 it has been a long time. We had a couple of decent pitchers that played. I remember Jeremy Gold and Daniel Stewart. We hung around a bit back then. I mainly stuck with the pitchers and the other catcher.

I just noticed that you are a little younger than we were. That is probably why you dont remember the guys that I am talking about!

SOONER STEAKER
5/2/2007, 07:16 PM
I remember that team with Black, Rollins,. Saw you guys win the AAU NC. You had Colby Mller too if I remember correctly.

OSUFAN11
5/2/2007, 08:04 PM
I remember that team with Black, Rollins,. Saw you guys win the AAU NC. You had Colby Mller too if I remember correctly.

Colby Miller was a stud. People barely even managed to get hits off of him. I will never forget that Weatherford H.S. team in 2000 that went undefeated. Going undefeated is d*mn near impossible and they did it.

SOONER STEAKER
5/2/2007, 08:32 PM
That season hurt Colby's arm too. That why he had to have surgery. Same thing happened to the Armstrong kid from Owasso, lots of HS innings and then sugery. Same thing to Eric Rollins from Latta. Roney from Ed. North, the lists goes on and on.

OSUFAN11
5/3/2007, 09:07 AM
That season hurt Colby's arm too. That why he had to have surgery. Same thing happened to the Armstrong kid from Owasso, lots of HS innings and then sugery. Same thing to Eric Rollins from Latta. Roney from Ed. North, the lists goes on and on.

It happens to a lot of H.S. pitchers.