PDA

View Full Version : What to do in Dallas?

Hamhock
4/30/2007, 09:26 AM
I'm taking the wife to dallas for a weekend of hot sex.

Since she'll probably want to do something during the other 23 hours and 57 minutes of the day, what should we do?

i'm particularly interested in a nice restaurant. i was thinking about taking her to Ruth's Chris (we don't' have one in Tulsa), but i figure ya'll might know of somewhere better and more unique.

Any suggestions on what to do and where to eat?

crawfish
4/30/2007, 09:35 AM
Grapevine-Mills mall for the wife, if she's into shopping.

soonerbrat
4/30/2007, 09:40 AM
nothing. Dallas is boring there is NOTHING to do there.

olevetonahill
4/30/2007, 09:42 AM
The best thing I ever did in Dallas was to Leave

mdklatt
4/30/2007, 09:51 AM
Grapevine-Mills mall for the wife, if she's into shopping.

Meh. If you want to do outlet mall shopping, there are other outlet malls that actually have outlet mall prices. If you want to do regular shopping, there are better places for that, too.

Turd_Ferguson
4/30/2007, 09:55 AM
Fogo de Chao (http://www.fogodechao.com/locations/addisonTX.htm) and The Clubhouse (http://www.stripclublist.com/c.asp?c=16479) YWIA.

Fraggle145
4/30/2007, 09:58 AM
Fogo is da shiznit. There will be no secks afterwards though, you both will be too stuffed with meat.

crawfish
4/30/2007, 10:02 AM
Meh. If you want to do outlet mall shopping, there are other outlet malls that actually have outlet mall prices. If you want to do regular shopping, there are better places for that, too.

(pssst. for many women, it's about the experience)

I'm not gonna argue about the best shopping mall. I avoid, avoid, avoid unless I'm trying to butter up the wife. :D

dolemitesooner
4/30/2007, 10:03 AM
Not only are you a ****ing expert on the NBA, but also on shopping....Man I wish I knew as much as you:D

Hamhock
4/30/2007, 10:03 AM

Ok, Captain Generic, care to actually provide me the names of said places? :texan:

Hamhock
4/30/2007, 10:05 AM
Fogo is da shiznit.
is that the brazilian steak house i see in the airline magazines? what is the price compared to Ruth's Chris?

There will be no secks afterwards though, you both will be too stuffed with meat.

this will happen regardless of how much she eats :D

TexasLidig8r
4/30/2007, 10:16 AM
is that the brazilian steak house i see in the airline magazines? what is the price compared to Ruth's Chris?

this will happen regardless of how much she eats :D

No No No...

Newest steak house, right next to the American Airlines Center is called N9ne. It's website is http://n9ne-dallas.n9negroup.com/. It's a little more pricey.. don't expect the dark wood, Sinatra playing in the background, soft, romantic place.. but, the food is very good (love their lobster mashed potatoes) and it captures the "Dallas" experience. Dean would hate it.

Right next to is a companion restaurant, Nove. Nove is an upscale Italian food place.. good food (and they usually have at least one, if not two steaks on their menu from right next door.

If you go to either place, be sure to go to the W Hotel, right next door and at least see the Ghost Bar... good people watching, great views of the city. (Dean would hate it.)

The most consistently good steak in town is Del Friscos... great steaks, good atmosphere, dark wood, Sinatra playing in the background, very good cigar lounge.

If you want something a little different, try the Shops at Legacy Park, just south of Frisco on the Tollway... http://www.shopsatlegacy.com/ Naan is a good Korean/sushi restaurant, Bob's Steak and Chophouse is alway consistently good. Afterwards, the crowd at Martini Park is very good.

For shopping.. Northpark Mall... They have Barney's of New York, Nordstroms and Neimans, plus all the small specialty stores you could possible want.. also, the Georgette Klingler spa is right next to Sephora.

Uptown area, on McKinney Avenue just north of downtown is hopping... Sambuca combines great food with live jazz and the crowds at Dragonfly at Hotel Zaza are interesting.

dolemitesooner
4/30/2007, 10:22 AM
Ok, Captain Generic, care to actually provide me the names of said places? :texan:
SPEK:D

soonerbrat
4/30/2007, 10:35 AM
there's a wine/liquor store with a gourmet market and imported cheese shop inside..it's near the galleria - i think it's on Inwood..if you like that kind of stuff.

Fraggle145
4/30/2007, 10:42 AM

I think Fogo is about ~$50 a plate. Havent been in a while so correct me if I am wrong. Lid pretty much covered the rest.

dolemitesooner
4/30/2007, 10:43 AM
http://secretdallas.com

This site always helps me

mdklatt
4/30/2007, 10:49 AM

What are you looking for? Outlet malls, upscale malls, or big-*** generic malls? Where are you going to be staying?

The Galleria is the "destination" mall, but most of the bluebloods would rather go to some place like Northpark. There are outlet malls in Allen, Terrell, and Hillsboro. Allen is probably the closest, and Hillsboro is definitely the farthest. There's also an outlet mall in Gainesville on the way down or back.

dolemitesooner
4/30/2007, 10:52 AM
What are you looking for? Outlet malls, upscale malls, or big-*** generic malls? Where are you going to be staying?

The Galleria is the "destination" mall, but most of the bluebloods would rather go to some place like Northpark. There are outlet malls in Allen, Terrell, and Hillsboro. Allen is probably the closest, and Hillsboro is definitely the farthest. There's also an outlet mall in Gainesville on the way down or back.
This is Hamhock we are talking about...Bloodblood ****...

I mean come on dont be discreadit my boy or you might get shanked in that weather buiouklding of yours

snp
4/30/2007, 11:17 AM
There's suppose to be a gigantic train wreck at America Airlines pretty soon. Should be pretty fun to watch.

dolemitesooner
4/30/2007, 11:18 AM
Ohh lord yes

Hamhock
4/30/2007, 11:41 AM

prolly upscale malls. not to buy, but just to shop. my goal is to do stuff we can't do in Tulsa.

We're staying at the anatole.

King Crimson
4/30/2007, 11:53 AM
my sister lives somewhat near SMU (Greenville?) and she and her husband took me to a very good Mexican seafood restaurant near their house. it wasn't a dive joint (which also has merits), nice atmosphere, good margs, good food. very trendy, but outstanding food.

can't think of the name.....

mdklatt
4/30/2007, 11:53 AM
prolly upscale malls. not to buy, but just to shop. my goal is to do stuff we can't do in Tulsa.

We're staying at the anatole.

The Galleria is upscale, in a touristy kind of way. Northpark is where the Highland Park crowd goes (or sends the butler). Neither of them are too far from the Anatole. If you're just looking and not buying, the Galleria may provide more entertainment. However, I don't think there's a Neiman Marcus at the Galleria. If you want to see conspicuous consumption in action, go to a Neiman Marcus.

GottaHavePride
4/30/2007, 12:21 PM
I think Fogo is about ~$50 a plate. Havent been in a while so correct me if I am wrong. Lid pretty much covered the rest.

And by "plate" he means "all you can eat and then a bit more".

Hamhock
4/30/2007, 12:39 PM
Lid,

I'm going to get her (and me) a couples massage. the hotel will send someone up to the room, but i thought it would be fun to go somewhere to get it done. i don't want to have to spend a fortune to get it done. any suggestions?

TexasLidig8r
4/30/2007, 01:01 PM
Lid,

I'm going to get her (and me) a couples massage. the hotel will send someone up to the room, but i thought it would be fun to go somewhere to get it done. i don't want to have to spend a fortune to get it done. any suggestions?

Check out the Cooper Aerobics Center Spa

http://www.cooperaerobics.com/spa/

The one on Preston Road. Have been there a few times... very nice.

The Spa at Crescent Court is a little pricier.. but... opulent though.

http://www.crescentcourt.com/spa.cfm

Finally, the Georgette Klinger spa in NorthPark next to Sephora is not too bad.. and you're right there to window shop some as well... while there, get a professional shave from the Art of Shaving... single edge blade, great stuff.

Viking Kitten
4/30/2007, 01:09 PM
Lid,

I liked the Nordstrom Spa at the Galleria.

Hamhock
4/30/2007, 01:14 PM
I liked the Nordstrom Spa at the Galleria.

how far is that from the hotel?

i checked out the price list. is "extended bikini line" hair removal what i think it is?