PDA

View Full Version : HRH Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Okla-homey
4/30/2007, 08:43 AM
...is coming to Americky for the big 400 anniversary Jamestown doins' in Virginia (named for her virginal namesake) this weekend. I think that is pretty cool. She's classy and stuff.

http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/16031/2000077755599259820_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2000077755599259820)

My question is this. WTF does she carry a purse everywhere, and more importantly, WTF does she carry in it? Afterall, she has legions of minions, vassals and serfs who accompany her everywhere. If she needs to blow the royal boogerlocker, I should think one of her ladies in waiting could pass her a tissue. Ditto tic-tacs if her breaf be kickin'.

http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/16031/2000075931902477997_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2000075931902477997)

that is all.

JohnnyMack
4/30/2007, 09:11 AM
Biches be needin' purses man. We don't axe why.

picasso
4/30/2007, 09:22 AM
"I dewnt like Spam!"

Viking Kitten
4/30/2007, 11:27 AM
Prince Philip should be the officially designated Tic Tac hander. Then he'd be good for something at least.

TUSooner
4/30/2007, 11:56 AM
God save her.
I axed 'er to pass by my house in Noo Awlins , but she said dey wuz too busy an' all. So I go "Nex' time, dawlin! Don' be no stranja' !" She was all nice and stuff, too, for a Queen, y'know. And "Oh Yeah" . . . she gots a cute little .38 in da bag; she showed it to me when I was by her place las' year.

mdklatt
4/30/2007, 12:02 PM
How come Prince Phillip isn't King Phillip? I guess you can be a queen by marriage, but not a king.

I always thought the whole royalty thing was silly and ridiculous and tawdry until I went to London. I still think it's ridiculous and silly and tawrdy, but also kind of cool. While I was in line to see the Crown Jewels, I was watching a video of QEII's coronation back in 1950. Imagine what a world event that would have been back then. The British Empire was definitely on the decline at that point, but it wasn't so long since they were The Shiznit. I'm looking forward to the coronation of Charles.

Fugue
4/30/2007, 12:06 PM
http://www.thephoenix.com/OutsideTheFrame/content/binary/12180__NakedGun_l.jpg

OCUDad
4/30/2007, 12:09 PM
Prince Philip should be the officially designated Tic Tac hander. Then he'd be good for something at least.You are assuming that someone else is the father of the Royal Spawn?

SicEmBaylor
4/30/2007, 12:12 PM
I think there's something incredibly special about the British Royal Family and its tradition. It's a wonderful institution that is a large part of why the British people are so special and unique. They exemplify what I've always thought Britain should be.

A very good friend of mine who is about to receive his doctorate in History from S. Carolina refers to himself as a committed monarchist. He's a conservative in the traditional and old European/British sense of the word and fully supports a crowned head of state. One of his primary arguments are the virtues associated with a ruling elite class.

royalfan5
4/30/2007, 12:16 PM
I think there's something incredibly special about the British Royal Family and its tradition. It's a wonderful institution that is a large part of why the British people are so special and unique. They exemplify what I've always thought Britain should be.

A very good friend of mine who is about to receive his doctorate in History from S. Carolina refers to himself as a committed monarchist. He's a conservative in the traditional and old European/British sense of the word and fully supports a crowned head of state. One of his primary arguments are the virtues associated with a ruling elite class.
An elite ruling class didn't stop the UK from being a quasi-socilaist country for half the 20th century.

Viking Kitten
4/30/2007, 12:17 PM
You are assuming that someone else is the father of the Royal Spawn?

Oldest one is over 40. I doubt any royal wigglers are swimming up the River Thames these days.

:les: HE'S SERVED HIS PURPOSE.

SicEmBaylor
4/30/2007, 12:19 PM
An elite ruling class didn't stop the UK from being a quasi-socilaist country for half the 20th century.
True, but that's not the fault of the Royal Family.

royalfan5
4/30/2007, 12:20 PM
True, but that's not the fault of the Royal Family.
They soaked up the states resources just like the plethora of nationalized industries.

Petro-Sooner
4/30/2007, 12:20 PM
So why did they add their government like the US has if they still do the whole king/queen stuff?

SicEmBaylor
4/30/2007, 12:23 PM
They soaked up the states resources just like the plethora of nationalized industries.

Well, that's also true. I'm fairly certain he favors having an absolute Monarch control the country which of course isn't exactly conducive to free-market capitalism.

SicEmBaylor
4/30/2007, 12:25 PM
...is coming to Americky for the big 400 anniversary Jamestown doins' in Virginia (named for her virginal namesake) this weekend. I think that is pretty cool. She's classy and stuff.

http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/16031/2000077755599259820_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2000077755599259820)

My question is this. WTF does she carry a purse everywhere, and more importantly, WTF does she carry in it? Afterall, she has legions of minions, vassals and serfs who accompany her everywhere. If she needs to blow the royal boogerlocker, I should think one of her ladies in waiting could pass her a tissue. Ditto tic-tacs if her breaf be kickin'.
http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/16031/2000075931902477997_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2000075931902477997)

that is all.

She reminds me of 99% of those UDC women. I'd be willing to guess there's nothing of importance in the purse. It's merely an accessory, and I believe it's considered "proper" to carry a purse/hand bag.

royalfan5
4/30/2007, 12:26 PM
Well, that's also true. I'm fairly certain he favors having an absolute Monarch control the country which of course isn't exactly conducive to free-market capitalism.
So basically he hates modernity, and making money. I bet he believes that import -substitution works too.

SicEmBaylor
4/30/2007, 12:38 PM
So basically he hates modernity, and making money. I bet he believes that import -substitution works too.
Well, I assume you are correct on both points. He DETESTS modernity and since he's going to teach college I can only assume that he also hates making money.

royalfan5
4/30/2007, 12:40 PM
Well, I assume you are correct on both points. He DETESTS modernity and since he's going to teach college I can only assume that he also hates making money.
Did he set out to be useless to society or did it just naturally evolve?

SicEmBaylor
4/30/2007, 12:44 PM
Did he set out to be useless to society or did it just naturally evolve?
It evolved actually. The deeper he got into academia the worse he got.

OCUDad
4/30/2007, 12:45 PM
Oldest one is over 40. I doubt any royal wigglers are swimming up the River Thames these days.

:les: HE'S SERVED HIS PURPOSE.Watch your back, Czar. Your time is coming.

Viking Kitten
4/30/2007, 12:48 PM
I'd change my avatar to that of a black widow, but PG would neg me.

picasso
4/30/2007, 01:24 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e0/Naked_gun-drebin_and_queen.jpg/250px-Naked_gun-drebin_and_queen.jpg
"for no matter how ridiculous we think the idea of having a Queen is..."

Frozen Sooner
4/30/2007, 01:27 PM
WTF does she carry a purse everywhere, and more importantly, WTF does she carry in it?

A lady of breeding is never without her bag.

Fugue
4/30/2007, 01:50 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e0/Naked_gun-drebin_and_queen.jpg/250px-Naked_gun-drebin_and_queen.jpg
"for no matter how ridiculous we think the idea of having a Queen is..."

:mad:

:D

Vaevictis
4/30/2007, 02:43 PM
I'm looking forward to the coronation of Charles.

You, Charles and Camilla being the only people on earth to do so.

OCUDad
4/30/2007, 05:31 PM
A lady of breeding is never without her bag.Yeah, but VK said she ain't breeding no more. And by "she," I mean Liz, not VK.

LoyalFan
5/1/2007, 05:47 AM
Errrr....Homey. Shouldn't that be "HRM", like, you know, "Her Royal Majesty".
Not to pick nits or anything, but I believe "HRH" applies to the other royals, like "HRH The Duke of Upper Chuckshire"
She is one class act. As a child in the Panama Canal Zone (Damn you, Jimmah Cahtah!) I was privileged to shake the lady's hand. She was on a world tour on HMS Lion shortly after her coronation and, as the child of an "A List" Army officer, I was invited to a function whereat Her Majesty visited the kid's area of the party.
In those days, she was adorable...tiny porcelain doll, and soooooo sweet (I might have sprung a woody, can't recall.) Prince Phil was a cool dude too. Lord Mountbatten (her uncle, murdered by the cowardly and worthless micks of the IRA) was one of the most imposing men I've ever seen. He was a legend.
Thank God I was born into the US Army. I met a lot of interesting folks 'cause of that. Later, as an Army officer, I met some more interesting folks...and killed some of them.

Thanks for the hedzup, Sir Homester!

LoyalFan
A Royals Fan too, (NOT KC)

Okla-homey
5/1/2007, 06:20 AM
Errrr....Homey. Shouldn't that be "HRM", like, you know, "Her Royal Majesty".
Not to pick nits or anything, but I believe "HRH" applies to the other royals, like "HRH The Duke of Upper Chuckshire"
She is one class act. As a child in the Panama Canal Zone (Damn you, Jimmah Cahtah!) I was privileged to shake the lady's hand. She was on a world tour on HMS Lion shortly after her coronation and, as the child of an "A List" Army officer, I was invited to a function whereat Her Majesty visited the kid's area of the party.
In those days, she was adorable...tiny porcelain doll, and soooooo sweet (I might have sprung a woody, can't recall.) Prince Phil was a cool dude too. Lord Mountbatten (her uncle, murdered by the cowardly and worthless micks of the IRA) was one of the most imposing men I've ever seen. He was a legend.
Thank God I was born into the US Army. I met a lot of interesting folks 'cause of that. Later, as an Army officer, I met some more interesting folks...and killed some of them.

Thanks for the hedzup, Sir Homester!

LoyalFan
A Royals Fan too, (NOT KC)

You are quite right old man. So sorry. No offense intended, what what.

According to the Palace, her official title is:

Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.

MamaMia
5/1/2007, 07:37 AM
My question is this. WTF does she carry a purse everywhere, and more importantly, WTF does she carry in it? Afterall, she has legions of minions, vassals and serfs who accompany her everywhere. If she needs to blow the royal boogerlocker, I should think one of her ladies in waiting could pass her a tissue. Ditto tic-tacs if her breaf be kickin'. Actually the Queen carries a handkerchief, a gold compact of pressed powder, reading glasses, a small hair pic and a tube of lipstick in her handbag. She only carries money on Sundays along with a folded note for the collection plate at her church. When I was in the 3rd grade, I sent some hankies to her mother that I had embroidered with violets. She wrote back saying that they were perfect for her hand bag. :)

TUSooner
5/1/2007, 09:50 AM
Actually the Queen carries a handkerchief, a gold compact of pressed powder, reading glasses, a small hair pic and a tube of lipstick in her handbag. She only carries money on Sundays along with a folded note for the collection plate at her church. When I was in the 3rd grade, I sent some hankies to her mother that I had embroidered with violets. She wrote back saying that they were perfect for her hand bag. :)
Embroidered hankies for the Queen Mum? You're even more perfecter than I thought. :D

MamaMia
5/1/2007, 12:26 PM
Embroidered hankies for the Queen Mum? You're even more perfecter than I thought. :DYeah, theres nothing more uplifting than knowing that your artwork is good enough for the Queen Mothers sniffles. :P

Tailwind
5/1/2007, 12:48 PM
Uh huh.