PDA

View Full Version : Dear Jared Zabransky, enjoy the Mortgage Biz...

Big Red Ron
4/30/2007, 08:17 AM
Jared Zabransky worked out at the Combine. Despite this good showing, Jared went undrafted. Zabransky goes down as the only player to make it on the cover of EA's NCAA football, and go undrafted.

Boise, ID (PRWeb) April 2, 2007 -- Edmond Urwin Mortgage (www.eumhomeloans.com (http://www.eumhomeloans.com/)) recently hired Jared Zabransky as their newest Business Development Representative. Jared will be responsible for developing new business and introducing new mortgage products to the Treasure Valley.
"We were delighted to be able to bring someone with Jared's drive and desire to excel in business onboard even though we recognize that we may lose him shortly to the NFL," said Shain Urwin, President of Edmond Urwin Mortgage.
Edmond Urwin is inviting the community to come in and meet Jared in person on Thursday, April 5th, 2007, from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm at 2484 Stokesberry Place in Meridian, just North of the Fairview and Eagle intersection.
Edmond Urwin is known for their unique and forward thinking business practices and mortgage programs (http://www.eumhomeloans.com/). They are the only mortgage company in Boise that will refund your loan in the first 30 days of buying your home if you are not satisfied with the home you buy (some restrictions and conditions apply). They are best known for bringing one of the most innovative loan programs in America to the Treasure Valley. The Home Ownership Accelerator (http://www.eumhomeloans.com/?id=53)allows people to save tens of thousands of dollars on their Mortgage and shaves years off their mortgage without changing their spending habits at all.
"We're one of the best kept secrets in Boise" says Urwin, "We've just been working away helping good people get great loans so that they can enjoy the home of their dreams. We've been very fortunate to attract some of the best employees in the Treasure Valley to our company and we continue that tradition by hiring Mr. Zabransky. He will be an integral part of our team while he is with us."
Zabransky said "As you might imagine, I had many employment opportunities here in Boise but it was important to me to find a company that I felt was doing good work in the community, that was progressive and that offered me a place to learn and grow. After looking at all of my options, Edmond Urwin was the clear choice."
Edmond Urwin Mortgage was founded in 2004 by Shain Urwin and Todd Watts to better serve the mortgage needs of the Treasure Valley. The Urwin family has a long tradition of land development in Boise and the surrounding area and are currently beginning a significant residential development project in Mountain Home. For more information visit www.eumhomeloans.com (http://www.eumhomeloans.com/) or call 208-287-5352.
###
Edwin Urwin Mortgage
Kathy McIntosh
208-629-0049
E-mail Information (http://www.prweb.com/emailmember.php?prid=515936)

badger
4/30/2007, 08:18 AM
wow, stuck in mortgage AND boise. enjoy the snow, hope you like skiing! hehe

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/30/2007, 09:11 AM
wow, stuck in mortgage AND boise. enjoy the snow, hope you like skiing! heheHe wil forever be a monumental sports hero in Idaho, for vanquishing the mighty Sooners, and getting BSU's highest ranking evar. Gotta be embarrassing to not be drafted, though...

JohnnyMack
4/30/2007, 09:26 AM
Yeah, cause this thread doesn't sound like sour grapes.

picasso
4/30/2007, 09:27 AM
yeah, you can't blame the guy for sticking around a place where they'll always know who you are. it's just like being a Heisman winner in Oklahoma.

guess he could always try beauty college.

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2007, 09:39 AM
god can we please have more of these aggy threads.....seriously

Big Red Ron
4/30/2007, 09:44 AM
Aggy Thread? I find it hilarious that he was put on the cover and not drafted.

It isn't like he was hurt or anything.

picasso
4/30/2007, 09:44 AM
is Boise an Ag school?

royalfan5
4/30/2007, 09:47 AM
is Boise an Ag school?
No. U of I is the land grant school in Idaho.

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/30/2007, 09:55 AM
The guy said that they might lose him shortly to the NFL. So does that mean he will try out?

Big Red Ron
4/30/2007, 10:04 AM
JZ not being drafted at all is funnier than BQ's slide. Just sayin'

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2007, 10:08 AM
It's hilarious.

If I had to be content with a highly successful college career and call it a day for my sports career it would be horrible.

Texas Golfer
4/30/2007, 10:14 AM
The guy said that they might lose him shortly to the NFL. So does that mean he will try out?

I don't know if he'll try out but that's not why he said he might lose him to the NFL. The date of this article was 4 weeks ago. He probably assumed he'd be drafted.

picasso
4/30/2007, 10:15 AM
No. U of I is the land grant school in Idaho.
I were kiddin bro.;) and oSu is an Ag school and a land grant school. how'd they do that one?:D

Sooner in Tampa
4/30/2007, 10:18 AM
This is a going to end up in the tank.

:pop:

royalfan5
4/30/2007, 10:19 AM
I were kiddin bro.;) and oSu is an Ag school and a land grant school. how'd they do that one?:D
Land grant and Ag is one and the same. The Land Grant Ag states that each state shall have a school, whose primary mission is research in Agriculture and Related fields. That ain't Boise and I resent being lumped in with a commuter school.

soonerlaw
4/30/2007, 10:20 AM
How about Chris Leak. Rex Grossman goes to the Bears and gets to play in the Super Bowl, and Leak doesn't even get the chance to hold a clipboard.

picasso
4/30/2007, 10:21 AM
Land grant and Ag is one and the same. The Land Grant Ag states that each state shall have a school, whose primary mission is research in Agriculture and Related fields. That ain't Boise and I resent being lumped in with a commuter school.
again, I was kiddin. I need to put sarcasm tags around my posts.

and if I were betting I'd say Zabransky gets a tryout or two.

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2007, 10:21 AM
BSU probably hates being lumped in with NU also. When was the last time NU was ranked that high? :D

Big Red Ron
4/30/2007, 10:23 AM
It's hilarious.

If I had to be content with a highly successful college career and call it a day for my sports career it would be horrible.That's how it goes down for most of us. "Almost all of us go pro in something other than sports."

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2007, 10:25 AM
That's how it goes down for most of us. "Almost all of us go pro in something other than sports."
No shame in it either.

I didn't like losing to BSU, but Zabranski has my respect. I wish JW had shown as much heart in the most important games of his career.

royalfan5
again, I was kiddin. I need to put sarcasm tags around my posts.

and if I were betting I'd say Zabransky gets a tryout or two.
I don't think I'm the only one missing sarcasm there, sport.:texan:

Big Red Ron
and if I were betting I'd say Zabransky gets a tryout or two.And he should. So should Paul. Given they had almost identical stats last year.

Still funny that cover boy didn't get drafted though.

Big Red Ron
4/30/2007, 10:27 AM
No shame in it either.

I didn't like losing to BSU, but Zabranski has my respect. I wish JW had shown as much heart in the most important games of his career.C'mon, apples and oranges. Jason was playing much better defenses, had the mobility problems and had Chuck Long calling the plays.

4/30/2007, 10:41 AM
No shame in it either.

I didn't like losing to BSU, but Zabranski has my respect. I wish JW had shown as much heart in the most important games of his career.Ya gotta be kidding! JW was playing injured against KSU and LSU, and played hard against suc, but just made some (one especially) bad decisions, there.

4/30/2007, 10:50 AM
Jason was playing much better defenses...OUCH!

snp
4/30/2007, 11:03 AM
Dear Paul Thompson, enjoy the whatever other than NFL biz.

Big Red Ron
4/30/2007, 11:43 AM
Dear Paul Thompson, enjoy the whatever other than NFL biz.Pretty sure Paul signed with someone today.

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2007, 11:52 AM
Ya gotta be kidding! JW was playing injured against KSU and LSU, and played hard against suc, but just made some (one especially) bad decisions, there.
I'm not here to bash White. He's one of my favorites ever.

Zabranski overcame his "bad decision". I respect him for it. I don't care if the guy ends up flipping burgers for a living.

Soonermagik
4/30/2007, 12:07 PM
Why is everyone down on this guy? I met the coolest Boise State Fans at the Fiesta bowl. We watched one of the best bowl games ever, and his coach called a good play. He was in a good system and had a decent arm, but not an NFL talent. Good luck Jared!!!

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2007, 12:08 PM
Why is everyone down on this guy? I met the coolest Boise State Fans at the Fiesta bowl. We watched one of the best bowl games ever, and his coach called a good play. He was in a good system and had a decent arm, but not an NFL talent. Good luck Jared!!!
http://static.flickr.com/78/155733289_44299089e6.jpg

Octavian
4/30/2007, 12:12 PM
I'm not here to bash White.

You certainly haven't come to praise him.

Soonermagik
4/30/2007, 12:13 PM
http://static.flickr.com/78/155733289_44299089e6.jpg

LOL!!! :D

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2007, 12:16 PM
You certainly haven't come to praise him.
I like Jason a lot. It's just freak'n transparent to rip on Zabransky. And yes, I've touted JW plenty in threads for that purpose. All I said in this thread is that he didn't play his best in the most important games of his career. If you disagree with that, then I don't know what to say.

Octavian
4/30/2007, 12:38 PM
I like Jason a lot. It's just freak'n transparent to rip on Zabransky. And yes, I've touted JW plenty in threads for that purpose. All I said in this thread is that he didn't play his best in the most important games of his career. If you disagree with that, then I don't know what to say.

I don't think anyone would disagree with the statement that Jason "didn't play his best in the most important of games of his career."

But saying that you wish JW had "shown as much heart" as Zabransky is a transparent rip on Jason.

And that may be a valid criticism of White. His legacy will always be disputed and that's a tired argument in which both sides have been hashed out to the nth degree....I'm not saying anything about that.

Just don't defend another player from another team by bashing Jason...and then say you're not bashing Jason. You are.

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2007, 12:42 PM
Whatever you think dude. If that's the only way you choose to interpret what I said, I'm sure you'll have some company. Such is the internet.

I always love with threads go full circle from childish smack to flippant remark to taking things way too serious.

OSUAggie
4/30/2007, 12:44 PM
Octavian with remark containing dude coming soon..

4/30/2007, 12:58 PM
I like Jason a lot. It's just freak'n transparent to rip on Zabransky. And yes, I've touted JW plenty in threads for that purpose. All I said in this thread is that he didn't play his best in the most important games of his career. If you disagree with that, then I don't know what to say.I read your original criticism of JW to mean he didn't try his best in the biggest games. I didn't think he wasn't trying his hardest in the 3 games where he looked bad. Just that he was hurt against KState and LSU, and the Sooner offensive line sucked against suc. Plus, Jason made that foolish dec. to throw a lob into triple coverage there in the 3rd quarter, thoroughly shocking the fans such as I, and prolly his teammates, too.

Octavian
4/30/2007, 12:58 PM
Whatever you think dude. If that's the only way you choose to interpret what I said, I'm sure you'll have some company. Such is the internet.

I always love with threads go full circle from childish smack to flippant remark to taking things way too serious.

Which other way would someone interpret it?

I wish JW had shown as much heart...

I'm not a die-hard homer who can't see Jason's shortcomings. Hell, I was there for them.

It's just interesting to see OU fans so ready to defend a healthy Jared Zabransky for not getting drafted....by equating him with a former OU Heisman winner (with two blown knees) who didn't get drafted. We're pretty rough on our own if they don't win...every time.

Such is the internet.

Octavian
4/30/2007, 01:00 PM
Octavian with remark containing dude coming soon..

:les: Quiet, Pokie!1!1!!one

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2007, 01:01 PM
I compared a performance in one game to a performance in another.

You run with that as far as you want though.

OU-HSV
4/30/2007, 01:01 PM
Pretty sure Paul signed with someone today.
Link?

Boomer.....
4/30/2007, 01:03 PM
The Jets

picasso
4/30/2007, 01:08 PM
I don't think I'm the only one missing sarcasm there, sport.:texan:
well a winky and a cheesey teeth smiley should have been your first clues.

I didn't need an education on Ag or land grant schools. thanks for the heads-up though.

sporto.

Octavian
4/30/2007, 01:09 PM
I compared a performance in one game to a performance in another.

You run with that as far as you want though.

Whatever you think dude.

picasso
4/30/2007, 01:12 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with him if he had Zac Taylor, Colt McColt or Jason White's character. my first introduction to Zabransky was taunting and smack-like behavior towards our side of the field.

call me crazy.

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2007, 01:14 PM
Whatever you think dude.
do si doh

in a circle we go

OSUAggie
4/30/2007, 01:24 PM
Whatever you think dude.

Finally.

snp
4/30/2007, 02:15 PM

Cool.

Plus, Jason made that foolish dec. to throw a lob into triple coverage there in the 3rd quarter, thoroughly shocking the fans such as I, and prolly his teammates, too.

Pretty sure that was the first half, because I remember it. Second half I was blackout drunk and don't remember a damn thing.

royalfan5
4/30/2007, 02:22 PM
well a winky and a cheesey teeth smiley should have been your first clues.

I didn't need an education on Ag or land grant schools. thanks for the heads-up though.

sporto.
If I wanted to educate you I would have used the PM feature, I'm just trying educate the internet faring public.

swardboy
4/30/2007, 02:53 PM
My we're a touch bunch today! And what's with the extracurricular activity in the left column?

Ever
4/30/2007, 03:13 PM
Is JZ the dork that proposed to his cheerleader girlfriend at the end of the game? Or was that their running back?

yermom
4/30/2007, 03:24 PM
that was the RB

bixby28
4/30/2007, 03:32 PM
Jack Mildren (sports animal) claims the Houston Texans signed Zabransky as a free agent QB.

picasso
4/30/2007, 03:55 PM
If I wanted to educate you I would have used the PM feature, I'm just trying educate the internet faring public.
ok then, fair enough.

bellefay1
4/30/2007, 04:00 PM
wasn't tommy frazier on the cover but not drafted?

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2007, 04:03 PM
Charlie Ward won the heisman and wasn't drafted.

htownsooner7
4/30/2007, 04:09 PM
This thread is poor form. The guy had a great career and did a wonderful job in the Fiesta Bowl. I wish we hadn't lost but I'm not going to dog a guy because he's not quite good enough to make the NFL. This is like whorn fans dogging on Heupel or White. Yeah, they may not be in the NFL but they beat your a$$. Same can be said for Zabransky. Move on..

Big Red Ron
4/30/2007, 05:44 PM
Charlie Ward won the heisman and wasn't drafted.Yeah, but made it clear that he was going to the NBA. I don't think I remember him even going to the combine.

Ardmore_Sooner
4/30/2007, 05:55 PM
Just so everyone knows Zabransky is the only player to ever grace the cover of EA Sports NCAA football game and not get drafted.

What a great PR move!

stoopified
4/30/2007, 06:26 PM
That's how it goes down for most of us. "Almost all of us go pro in something other than sports."This is true but I still hope to make the pro Playboy coed Topless Touch Football league.I was told the league minimum is $ 50.000.I don;t have that much but I;m going to do my damndest to raise it. :D

Texas Golfer
4/30/2007, 06:53 PM
Jack Mildren (sports animal) claims the Houston Texans signed Zabransky as a free agent QB.

Yes, Zabransky did sign with the Texans today.

bixby28
4/30/2007, 07:09 PM
Yes, Zabransky did sign with the Texans today.

Thanks, i wasn't sure if the Animal was up-to-date on Zabransky's status or not. Looks like Mildren knew what he was talkin' about, not that the Godfather ever doesn't.

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2007, 07:11 PM
Are we less amused now that he signed with a team?

Or is it on pause until we see if he makes the roster?

Big Red Ron
4/30/2007, 07:33 PM
Are we less amused now that he signed with a team?

Or is it on pause until we see if he makes the roster?We touched on that earlier in the thread. He deserves a shot but for all his face time it is still kinda funny that he wasn't drafted.

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2007, 07:34 PM
So a belly laugh is out, but a slight smirk would be appropriate?

the dude
4/30/2007, 08:33 PM
So a belly laugh is out, but a slight smirk would be appropriate?
Absolutely. Also, a hearty chuckle is allowed while in the company of either the 2008 NCAA Football game or a graphical representation of said product.

47straight
4/30/2007, 08:46 PM
If that's the only way you choose to interpret what I said

It's not interpretation if it's your plain words in black and white.

AzianSooner
4/30/2007, 08:56 PM
I think NFL concern about the fact that the guy needs to consult a psychologist before and after every game (if he is lucky to be "in" a game)

so... bye bye bye...

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2007, 08:56 PM
It's not interpretation if it's your plain words in black and white.
Great.

I got another dance partner.

Your turn.

bellefay1
4/30/2007, 09:11 PM
Just so everyone knows Zabransky is the only player to ever grace the cover of EA Sports NCAA football game and not get drafted.

What a great PR move!

umm...i know it was all of 4 post above yours but

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1882367&postcount=56

OSUAggie
4/30/2007, 09:58 PM
Great.

I got another dance partner.

Your turn.

If it helps, I agree with you. That might force you to change your opinion, however.

OSUAggie
4/30/2007, 10:25 PM
umm...i know it was all of 4 post above yours but

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1882367&postcount=56

Tommie was never on the cover of NCAA Football by EA Sports. "NCAA Football" began in 1998 with Danny Weurffel on the cover.

Tommie was on the cover of College Football USA 97 in 1997. EA didn't develop or publish this version.

goingoneight
4/30/2007, 10:51 PM
Thanks, i wasn't sure if the Animal was up-to-date on Zabransky's status or not. Looks like Mildren knew what he was talkin' about, not that the Godfather ever doesn't.

Is it evil that I hoped Traber wouldn't come back? That was awesome when I turned on my radio (to hear the Godfather) at lunch today... :D