PDA

View Full Version : Merge: All paving stone for dude who blew himself up threads.

BU BEAR
4/26/2007, 04:39 PM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55411

And may have wanted to kill others.

Hi Yih Yih!

שלומ

captain_surly
4/26/2007, 04:44 PM
If that's true I have a huge problem with it. At a minimum he endangered the lives of innocent people with his chosen method of suicide. I personally beleive his intentions were worse than that.

StoopTroup
4/26/2007, 04:47 PM
Honoring a suicide just seems odd.

I would like to think he meant to only kill himself...it's just hard to believe though.

SoonerTerry
4/26/2007, 04:50 PM
You gotta be efen kiddin me... even if it was a suicide (which I dont think it was) Why would you want to prop that up?!?!?

Someone is out of line here

soonersweetie
4/26/2007, 04:51 PM
Yea, I saw that and think it is totally wrong.

SoonerBorn68
4/26/2007, 04:55 PM
How 'bout half a park bench with chunks of bronze scattered around it?

achiro
4/26/2007, 05:08 PM
How 'bout half a park bench with chunks of bronze scattered around it?
heh!

Widescreen
4/26/2007, 05:33 PM
The stadium was filled with 84,000 spectators when the 21-year-old student blew himself on a park bench
That kind of talent does deserve to be recognized.

MamaMia
4/26/2007, 05:35 PM
This is a joke right? Like the 1 sheet of toilet paper thing? :D

OUHOMER
4/26/2007, 05:36 PM
Its is BS

Fraggle145
4/26/2007, 05:40 PM
I cant imagine it would last long...

MamaMia
4/26/2007, 06:40 PM
Its true. I just saw it on the nightly news. I honestly thought this was a joke but there is a memorial on our campus honoring this nut case!

His last act was to commit a felony on university grounds, endangering the lives of our children and we honor him? Excuse me? Has Boren gone mad? :confused:

Fraggle145
4/26/2007, 06:42 PM
Someone will steal this and dispose of it. No doubt in my mind.

OKC-SLC
4/26/2007, 07:13 PM
I could not disagree with this more than I do. I am extremely disappointed in OU for this.

FaninAma
4/26/2007, 09:43 PM
This brick in the ground bothers me much less than how the original incident has been swept under the rug by Boren and the officials who investigated it. Their conclusion, or least their public claim is:

Recent convert to Islam + bomb + 85,000 unsuspecting fans = simple suicide. Whatever.

And just to be clear, the decision to allow the "memorial" bothers me a lot.

I thought Boren was a much smarter politician than that.

yermom
4/26/2007, 09:48 PM
i don't remember hearing that he was a recent convert to Islam...

FaninAma
4/26/2007, 09:56 PM

Convert is a bit presumptive. Let's just say he had some interest that surpassed a passing curiosity.

But as WND reported (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=54286), investigators found "Islamic Jihad" material in his apartment, and he reportedly attended a nearby mosque – the same one attended by Zacharias Moussaoui, the only person charged in connection with the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

King Crimson
4/26/2007, 09:57 PM

he did have a beard. 2+2=5.

yermom
4/26/2007, 10:00 PM
ok, after looking around a bit, there are reports that he had been attending that mosque, i think i had heard before that he had gone there a few times, i can't tell which is true, i mean it depends on how you read that and how it came from a 3rd party

did they really never find his roommate?

FaninAma
4/26/2007, 10:01 PM

Try this link on for size then. And try to address the point instead of using insipid comments as a substitute for intelligent discourse.

http://www.aim.org/guest_column/4077_0_6_0_C/

picasso
4/26/2007, 10:02 PM
yes and as someone mentioned when it happened, it was Elijah Wood meets Abe Lincoln-like.

yermom
4/26/2007, 10:02 PM
Convert is a bit presumptive. Let's just say he had some interest that surpassed a passing curiosity.

he could have just been reading up on making vests and TATP from those, in theory

man, if only he would have sent videos to NBC

FaninAma
4/26/2007, 10:06 PM
he could have just been reading up on making vests and TATP from those, in theory

man, if only he would have sent videos to NBC

You're right. There is no possible connection.

yermom
4/26/2007, 10:06 PM
Try this link on for size then. And try to address the point instead of using insipid comments as a substitute for intelligent discourse.

that's all conjecture though, it's not really evidence that i saw

yermom
4/26/2007, 10:11 PM
You're right. There is no possible connection.

i'm not saying it's not possible, i'm just saying that i'd bet if you started looking for bomb making instructions, i'm thinking that is what you are going to find the most of

truthfully, my doubts about him not being some Muslim terrorist are changing recently

i just don't really trust the tinfoil hat crowd much more than the media ;)

FaninAma
4/26/2007, 10:13 PM
that's all conjecture though, it's not really evidence that i saw

I Googled a search for how frequently bombs are used in suicide attemtps. I was absolutely shocked it was not very common outside of the Islam religion. Shocked, I tell you!

In fact it didn't make the top 20 on this list unless you count "suicide attack" which of course is ludicrous because Boren and the people in the know have told us it couldn't have possibly been that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_method

Yermom, I'm not trying to bust your chops on this. I just don't see it being a matter of paranoia to think this guy had more in mind than just killing himself and that there were certain aspects of his actions that were consistent with the actions of some extreme members of very specific religious group currently in the news a lot these days.

yermom
4/26/2007, 10:17 PM
that's hardly proof that he was expecting 72 virgins afterward

soonerboomer93
4/26/2007, 10:25 PM

sorry but any article that states
and depending on what version of the story one subscribes to, the 1995 bombing of the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City may have involved Islamic terrorism as well.
pretty much discounts itself as intelligent discourse

SicEmBaylor
4/26/2007, 10:29 PM
BU BEAR
Interloper!

King Crimson
4/26/2007, 10:38 PM
he lived near the "mosque", that's conclusive Al Qaeda proof.

and he had a beard.

FaninAma
4/26/2007, 10:41 PM
double post.

FaninAma
4/26/2007, 10:42 PM
sorry but any article that states pretty much discounts itself as intelligent discourse

No, you're right. The stupidity of simply thinking a group that is the only group on the planet that uses this form of attack and violence against it's enemies might indicate some connection to other groups or individuals who use the same means of attack is mind boggling. That's why I think it's a good idea that we continue to strip search grey haired old ladies at the airport......we just simply don't have a good handle on the MO of Islamic fundamentalist terrorists. We just don't have enough examples of how they operate and attack the west. The methods are just so differnet from attack to attack and they never use the same method more than a few times.

Let's see. There's suicide bombers, roadside bombs, truck bombs....did I mention suicide bombers? Oh, yeah, they used airliners once. That's what's probably got you confused.

soonerboomer93
4/26/2007, 10:45 PM
so only islamics can use truck bombs?

and all crazy people must be islamic, because you know, a christian wouldn't ever kill anyone

or having a beard means you just might be a terrorist

FaninAma
4/26/2007, 10:48 PM
so only islamics can use truck bombs?

and all crazy people must be islamic, because you know, a christian wouldn't ever kill anyone

or having a beard means you just might be a terrorist

Of course your right. Any recent examples, say in the last 12 years, by other groups using hidden truck bombs to attack civilians? None are jumping to mind for me but I'm sure you're right.

picasso
4/26/2007, 10:50 PM
whatever the kid's affiliation, I think he planned on going out with a bang and taking a few along with.

just sayin.

1stTimeCaller
4/26/2007, 10:58 PM
Slightly on subject here. Does anyone remember when the two wrestlers kicked the crap outta the clerk at one of the Mr. Shortstops in Norman? I was still in school then and the clerk was a foreigner and also turned out to be a Muslim. They beat him up because he wouldn't sell them beer or some silly reason. Boren kicked both wrestlers out of school because it was a 'hate crime'. IIRC the clerk was eventually deported due to some student visa irregularities or something.

Point being that David Boren sure does seem to go above and beyond sympathizing with muslims and non-Americans.

King Crimson
4/26/2007, 11:02 PM
Of course your right. Any recent examples, say in the last 12 years, by other groups using hidden truck bombs to attack civilians? None are jumping to mind for me but I'm sure you're right.

timothy mcveigh learned how to make fertilizer bombs in the US military, thereby the US miltary is evil. right, fan? nice argument, and i didn't miss your cheap shot at me in a previous post.

nice to see you moralize further and fail to take the high road while acting like you do.

FaninAma
4/26/2007, 11:02 PM
The IRA exploded a truck bomb in Manchester, England in February 1996. That is the only other non-Islamic terorrist bombing I can find record of in the last 13 years.

Maybe this guy was a wannabe terrorist but the association he apparently had with radical Islam, however short-lived, did, IMO, make it more likely that his intentions went beyond killing only himself.

1stTimeCaller
4/26/2007, 11:17 PM
unless I'm mistaken Tim's bombing and this clown's bombing had nothing in common other than the word bomb. Tim's wasn't a suicide bombing with explosives tied around his waist was it?

*edit* I'm pretty sure he didn't learn how to make fertilizer bombs by anyone in the US Army acting under an official capacity.

King Crimson
4/26/2007, 11:24 PM
unless I'm mistaken Tim's bombing and this clown's bombing had nothing in common other than the word bomb. Tim's wasn't a suicide bombing with explosives tied around his waist was it?

*edit* I'm pretty sure he didn't learn how to make fertilizer bombs by anyone in the US Army acting under an official capacity.

i'm not saying they had anything in common, i'm just using the logic provided.

my dad was an Army Ranger in vietnam, and he was taught how to build a bomb like McVeigh's. he says.

Frozen Sooner
4/26/2007, 11:27 PM
Does your dad have a beard?

yermom
4/26/2007, 11:28 PM
Slightly on subject here. Does anyone remember when the two wrestlers kicked the crap outta the clerk at one of the Mr. Shortstops in Norman? I was still in school then and the clerk was a foreigner and also turned out to be a Muslim. They beat him up because he wouldn't sell them beer or some silly reason. Boren kicked both wrestlers out of school because it was a 'hate crime'. IIRC the clerk was eventually deported due to some student visa irregularities or something.

Point being that David Boren sure does seem to go above and beyond sympathizing with muslims and non-Americans.

actually, i believe he was arrested by the FBI for something later (i almost want to say he was Moussaoui's roommate at one point)

i don't remember what happened with the lawsuit for the wrestler kid to get readmitted to the school

King Crimson
4/26/2007, 11:29 PM
Does your dad have a beard?

he does.

FaninAma
4/26/2007, 11:32 PM
timothy mcveigh learned how to make fertilizer bombs in the US military, thereby the US miltary is evil. right, fan? nice argument, and i didn't miss your cheap shot at me in a previous post.

nice to see you moralize further and fail to take the high road while acting like you do.

I seriously doubt that part of the training of the infantry or armored cavalry or airborne or any other non-special forces branch of the Army is learning how to make 6000 lb ammonium nitrate truck bombs. Somebody who has served in those branches of the military can correct me if I'm wrong.

You may call it moralizing because you are emotionally invested in being politically correct due to your political leanings and your own attitude of moral superiority which leads you to believe that you are oh-so-much more open-minded than the rest of us hillbillies on this forum.

I would prefer to characterize it as merely pointing out some characterisitics and facts associated with Hinricks that would logically point to him as being more than just a messed up suicide victim. I'm just calling the shots like I see 'em.

yermom
4/26/2007, 11:34 PM
actually, i believe he was arrested by the FBI for something later (i almost want to say he was Moussaoui's roommate at one point)

i don't remember what happened with the lawsuit for the wrestler kid to get readmitted to the school

http://members.aol.com/mpwright9/boren.html

heh, there is some info there, but the guy who runs that site is a whack job ;)

he was arrested for antrax e-mail threats... sent using Nick Berg's account at OU, it was nuts to hear later that he was the one beheaded in that video

King Crimson
4/26/2007, 11:36 PM
ok, the old pc card. you are pretty predictable. it's so easy. and you apparently know a lot more about my dad than me.

william_brasky
4/26/2007, 11:36 PM
It makes one wonder if those Towelhead Bibles contain bomb making instructions.

1stTimeCaller
4/26/2007, 11:39 PM
i'm not saying they had anything in common, i'm just using the logic provided.

my dad was an Army Ranger in vietnam, and he was taught how to build a bomb like McVeigh's. he says.

Tim wasn't an Army Ranger. I wasn't active duty Infantry. Maybe Dean or someone that was an 11B could correct me on the Army teaching grunts to make those. I could very well be wrong.

I do know that he and the guy in jail worked on the design and stacking of filled canisters/barrels and empty canisters/barrels at the home of the guy that's in jail.

Anyhoo. In my mind the tinfoil hat crowd on this deal are the folks that insist that there was no way this kid planned to harm others and was in no way shape or form connected to radical Islam. Just my humble opinion.

yermom
4/26/2007, 11:42 PM
i can't say crap as to his real intentions, but there isn't any real proof of anything that i have seen

who knows if there is any proof, the FBI sure doesn't seem to want to be helpful in shedding more light though

usmc-sooner
4/26/2007, 11:50 PM
Tim wasn't an Army Ranger. I wasn't active duty Infantry. Maybe Dean or someone that was an 11B could correct me on the Army teaching grunts to make those. I could very well be wrong.

I do know that he and the guy in jail worked on the design and stacking of filled canisters/barrels and empty canisters/barrels at the home of the guy that's in jail.

Anyhoo. In my mind the tinfoil hat crowd on this deal are the folks that insist that there was no way this kid planned to harm others and was in no way shape or form connected to radical Islam. Just my humble opinion.

they don't teach you how to make ammonium nitrate bombs, that's just silly. Why would they teach you how to make a fertilizer bomb when they got plenty of reall bombs to use. I wasn't in that era. But maybe they thought those grunts would be stomping through the jungle with their weapons and stumble across a fertilizer plant, and a truck so they could abandon their artillery, rig up a fertilier bomb and park it in the basement of a tall building in the Mekong Delta somewhere and poof.... yeah that seems plausable.

But like I said I wasn't there for Vietnam, I'm sure Dean, jaux, or ole vet would know more.

But mark me down as highly doubt it.

sooneron
4/26/2007, 11:56 PM
Wouldn't a special forces type be taught to kill with anything ala Magyver?

1stTimeCaller
4/27/2007, 12:00 AM
I just checked out snopes and the deal about if your roommate commits suicide you get straight As for the semester isn't true but if you blow yourself up at OU you do in fact get a memorial stone. ;)

Who is paying for this memorial thingy and what exactly is there to memorialize?

What's the stone going to say? 'This is the spot where Larry Dumbass blew himself up because he was weak and couldn't deal with his chosen curriculum and life in general. This stone is a testament to selfish people that choose to make the only mistake that you cannot undo.'

usmc-sooner
4/27/2007, 12:04 AM
Wouldn't a special forces type be taught to kill with anything ala Magyver?

I've been to comat school, I know a few Rangers I've never heard them talking about it.

I'd imagine they are taught what we as Marines were taught, to kill with our hands, tools and weapons we had. I mean we covered weapons of oppurtunity such as picking up a rock or stick and using it as a weapon. They never mentioned truck bombs. I'd think in Vietnam they were more worried about them being proficient in the weapons of that era that would work in the terrain of Vietnam. Truck fertilizer truck bombs don't seem all that plausable. I mean they issue you your rifle, grenades etc.... I don't see them saying ok here's your 100lbs of ammonium nitrate and truck, lug that around the jungle until you find a building to blow up.

First of all how many truck bombing stores have you heard coming out of Vietnam?

But I'll defer to what Dean, olevet, jaux have to say.

Fraggle145
4/27/2007, 12:07 AM
I just have a problem "honoring" someone who takes the easy way out. :mad:

usmc-sooner
4/27/2007, 12:11 AM
yeah reserve the memorials for people like Bob Kalsu.

yermom
4/27/2007, 12:15 AM
I've been to comat school, I know a few Rangers I've never heard them talking about it.

I'd imagine they are taught what we as Marines were taught, to kill with our hands, tools and weapons we had. I mean we covered weapons of oppurtunity such as picking up a rock or stick and using it as a weapon. They never mentioned truck bombs. I'd think in Vietnam they were more worried about them being proficient in the weapons of that era that would work in the terrain of Vietnam. Truck fertilizer truck bombs don't seem all that plausable. I mean they issue you your rifle, grenades etc.... I don't see them saying ok here's your 100lbs of ammonium nitrate and truck, lug that around the jungle until you find a building to blow up.

First of all how many truck bombing stores have you heard coming out of Vietnam?

But I'll defer to what Dean, olevet, jaux have to say.

McVeigh wasn't in 'Nam either though

i'm pretty sure i could have found plans for Ammonium Nitrate bombs in '95, i might actually have had that info at the time... the year before we were trying crap out of the Anarchist's Cookbook in Chemistry class, there was all kinds of that crap on the internet already then

soonerboomer93
4/27/2007, 02:19 AM
there are a lot of people who like to "blow **** up" just for fun

frankly, ammonium nitrate isn't like making c-4. As I recall it's some simple chemistry more then anything.

bottom line though, don't know what the motivation was, no one has shown definite proof (on either side). However, he should not have a Memorial on the OU campus

def_lazer_fc
4/27/2007, 03:09 AM
I just checked out snopes and the deal about if your roommate commits suicide you get straight As for the semester isn't true but if you blow yourself up at OU you do in fact get a memorial stone. ;)

Who is paying for this memorial thingy and what exactly is there to memorialize?

What's the stone going to say? 'This is the spot where Larry Dumbass blew himself up because he was weak and couldn't deal with his chosen curriculum and life in general. This stone is a testament to selfish people that choose to make the only mistake that you cannot undo.'

so that movie with zack morris was a lie? ;)

anyway, according to thursday's paper, if anyone even read the thing, the victim's dad offered to pay for it, but was never responded back to.

and what's the stone going to say? or, more importantly, what does the stone already there say? its just a regular old stone like all the others at the student union. it has the dude's name on it. and is located "out of the way". and the name is written upside down.

but really, i knew this was a hot topic when i read about it yesterday, but why is anybody truly outraged about it. no one knows the dude's true motives. they might have been bad. maybe not. like a stone sitting somewhere that probably most of you have no idea where it's located is that infuriating to you. worry about something more important than this. this is just a cheap attempt at enraging the already enraged.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/27/2007, 07:30 AM
I would post something, but I don't want to offend anyone...:(

MamaMia
4/27/2007, 07:32 AM
Oh...so now, not only is this body bombing would be felon allowed to have a memorial stone on our campus, but he gets it for free even though innocent people who never endangered the lives of others have to pay for their family members? This is completely insane. If I see David Boren I have every intention of telling him exactly how I feel before I ask him how in the hell I'm suppose to explain the poignant memorial significance of that stone to my grandchildren.

Why would his father even want a stone at OU anyway? Surely he knew that it would cause outrage. What an attention whore. Looks like the rotten apple didn't explode far from the tree.

Condescending Sooner
4/27/2007, 08:33 AM
so that movie with zack morris was a lie? ;)

anyway, according to thursday's paper, if anyone even read the thing, the victim's dad offered to pay for it, but was never responded back to.

and what's the stone going to say? or, more importantly, what does the stone already there say? its just a regular old stone like all the others at the student union. it has the dude's name on it. and is located "out of the way". and the name is written upside down..

It is not upside down or hidden. They showed it on the news.

Boomer.....
4/27/2007, 08:42 AM
Boren sets the record straight:
http://www.normantranscript.com/localnews/local_story_117005859.html

stoopified
4/27/2007, 08:50 AM
Boren sets the record straight:
http://www.normantranscript.com/localnews/local_story_117005859.htmlBoren can set the record straight til the cows come home and it still ain't right.

TUSooner
4/27/2007, 08:50 AM
Regardless of whether he wanted jihad (and I suspect he was more than a suicide) there is no justification whatsoever for any memorial of any kind for a weirdo who endangered others by blowing himself up in a public place, whether intentionally or accidentally. The memorial should be defaced, destroyed, desecrated, or stolen ASAP. And the opposition should continue until the University gives up on this lamer than lame idea. JMHO.

If the memorial is a late April Fool's joke, please disregard this post.

KABOOKIE
4/27/2007, 08:52 AM
Of course, if there had been any evidence that he was attempting to harm others our decision would have been different, but there was none.”

Dear David,
The fact that the moran put on a BOMB to kill himself is all the evidence one needs that he intended to harm others. The VT campus killer used a gun to kill himself but managed to harm others before committing suicide. Maybe his family could put a stone up in the halls of VT? People that don't want to harm others when they commit suicide stay in their home and put a shotgun in their mouth.

Hatfield
4/27/2007, 08:54 AM
the important thing is that we won the game

C&CDean
4/27/2007, 09:07 AM
Judas H. Priest wearing an explosive girdle people.

Here's what I've learned from this thread:

King Crimson has completed the Boulderite metamorphosis. Sad to see. But at least the youngsters think he's really cool.

I don't have a clue personally about whether or not this lunatic planned to kill others, was doing his holy muslim duty, or what. Neither do any of you. However, blowing oneself up isn't your average suicide. There's more here than "dude just wanted to off himself." Much more.

I think Boren should remove it, and apologize to the 85K people who were at the game that night for his serious lack of judgement. Having a memorial for this sick, twisted little **** is very much the equivalent of adding Ricky Williams, Earl Campbell, and Barry Sanders to the OU Heisman memorial on the east end of the stadium. It's ludicrous.

picasso
4/27/2007, 09:08 AM
when did we become such a memorial obsessed society?
I mean I can understand one for the Murrah building or the World Trade Centers, etc., but these roadside things and such are a bit odd IMO.

no offense.

Mjcpr
4/27/2007, 09:09 AM
when did we become such a memorial obsessed society?
I mean I can understand one for the Murrah building or the World Trade Centers, etc., but these roadside things and such are a bit odd IMO.

no offense.

This should be a sticky from here on out.

C&CDean
4/27/2007, 09:10 AM
Shut up Pat poopy head.

Petro-Sooner
4/27/2007, 09:19 AM
“We need to encourage understanding and compassion in our society instead of more anger and intolerance based upon misinformation,” Boren said.

Pffffttt

Boren. meh.... :rolleyes:

King Crimson
4/27/2007, 09:55 AM
King Crimson has completed the Boulderite metamorphosis. Sad to see. But at least the youngsters think he's really cool.

hey man, don't be so uptight grampaw. let' hang out. :D

http://polishhippy.com/images/joeni.jpg

C&CDean
4/27/2007, 10:30 AM
Peace, love, dope. Beads, bells, incense, lightshows and hare krishna all you groovy, far-out freaks. Power to the people. Right on.

King Crimson
4/27/2007, 10:32 AM
check out homey on the left wearing Chuck Taylor's. he's the coolest Polish swinger around.

C&CDean
4/27/2007, 10:35 AM
I'm just wondering about the bacterial life on that mattress. Bet you don't even need a microscope to see the creepy-crawlies.

And that pic sure brings back some memories. Crash pads. Heh.

picasso
4/27/2007, 10:36 AM
check out homey on the left wearing Chuck Taylor's. he's the coolest Polish swinger around.
I noticed that. REAL hippies don't wear big name clothes. man.

1stTimeCaller
4/27/2007, 10:36 AM
are your pants up a little high? Looks like you only have three buttons buttoned on your shirt there KC. I do like the chest hair you got goin' on.
;)

King Crimson
4/27/2007, 10:58 AM
are your pants up a little high?
;)

chicks like to see the package.

King Crimson
4/27/2007, 10:59 AM
wtf happened to my pic? **** the man! freeservers, my ***.

http://polishhippy.com/images/joeni.jpg

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/27/2007, 11:33 AM
In summary: it is over the top to have any sort of memorial to someone committing suicide. It is a bad decision.

PhxSooner
4/27/2007, 11:41 AM
I think people have a right to be intolerant of someone who blows himself up in proximity to 85K people. Good grief, what touchy-feely mumbo jumbo.

And once the stone disappears, there will be another article about the intolerant fans/students...:rolleyes:

Fugue
4/27/2007, 11:44 AM
Oh...so now, not only is this body bombing would be felon allowed to have a memorial stone on our campus, but he gets it for free even though innocent people who never endangered the lives of others have to pay for their family members? This is completely insane. If I see David Boren I have every intention of telling him exactly how I feel before I ask him how in the hell I'm suppose to explain the poignant memorial significance of that stone to my grandchildren.

Why would his father even want a stone at OU anyway? Surely he knew that it would cause outrage. What an attention whore. Looks like the rotten apple didn't explode far from the tree.

I apologize in advance but this is crackin' me up.

Scott D
4/27/2007, 11:57 AM
I think we should get rid of all memorials. No need to bring up the past, because it's the past and you can't learn anything from the misdeeds of the past.

SicEmBaylor
4/27/2007, 12:00 PM
I think we should get rid of all memorials. No need to bring up the past, because it's the past and you can't learn anything from the misdeeds of the past.
Does it really require a statue to remind people htat in the past someone blew himself up and so well...we shouldn't blow ourselves up either cuz it's bad and stuff?

I don't think a statue of a kid blowing himself up is going to suddenly clue people in that blowing themselves up (and possibly others) is a bad thing.

Scott D
4/27/2007, 12:01 PM
Does it really require a statue to remind people htat in the past someone blew himself up and so well...we shouldn't blow ourselves up either cuz it's bad and stuff?

I don't think a statue of a kid blowing himself up is going to suddenly clue people in that blowing themselves up (and possibly others) is a bad thing.

Memorials just waste space, we need to be more efficient..get rid of them all I say! We have condos we could be putting there!

SicEmBaylor
4/27/2007, 12:02 PM
Memorials just waste space, we need to be more efficient..get rid of them all I say! We have condos we could be putting there!
Well, I don't think they're going to build a condo on the south oval. ;)
That's where this happened right, on the SO?

1stTimeCaller
4/27/2007, 12:02 PM

:rolleyes: Yes, because that's a point that is being made in this thread.

Jeebus, some of you people. Are you saying that there should be some kind of memorial for this assclown? Or are you just trying to be snarky?

Scott D
4/27/2007, 12:03 PM
:rolleyes: Yes, because that's a point that is being made in this thread.

Jeebus, some of you people. Are you saying that there should be some kind of memorial for this assclown? Or are you just trying to be snarky?

No, as a former construction guy you should be advocating MORE CONDOS! The best way to do that is to have FEWER MEMORIALS!

Scott D
4/27/2007, 12:04 PM
Well, I don't think they're going to build a condo on the south oval. ;)
That's where this happened right, on the SO?

nah, we're just going to level Baylor and build a subdivision of duplexes there.

SicEmBaylor
4/27/2007, 12:05 PM
nah, we're just going to level Baylor and build a subdivision of duplexes there.
We may do it for you...

Scott D
4/27/2007, 12:06 PM
We may do it for you...

by what? praying it down?

1stTimeCaller
4/27/2007, 12:07 PM
I forgot that Scott D rarely has a point to make and with even less regularity does he give an opinion of his own without making it an enigma wrapped in a riddle.

My mistake.

Scott D
4/27/2007, 12:12 PM
I forgot that Scott D rarely has a point to make and with even less regularity does he give an opinion of his own without making it an enigma wrapped in a riddle.

My mistake.

ok just for you carpet washer.

1. This idea is stupid, it's on a plane of Flowers of Algernon total regression stupid.

2. 90% of memorial "ideas" are stupid...most tend to be excessive, and by the time they are implimented the original purpose and reason for a memorial have been lost.

3. There are better things to do with the space than to make memorials for everything.

4. Roadside memorials tend to be short term in most cases, unless it's a family that really has trouble letting go.

5. The semantics of what the guy did, and what he may or may not have intended are pointless at this time. Or should we just go ahead now and profile everyone with a ****ty beard growth no matter what their ethnicity as potential terrorists. It'd just save the FBI a lot of trouble you know, they could just hook up with Interpol and do international beard watches. That would have to be far easier than actually investigating anything.

1stTimeCaller
4/27/2007, 12:17 PM
see, that wasn't so hard now was it?

that's what she said

MamaMia
4/27/2007, 12:26 PM
“We need to encourage understanding and compassion in our society instead of more anger and intolerance based upon misinformation,” Boren said.
Oh really Mr. Boren? Then hows about you taking this advice yourself and lift the campus prohibition style booze ban?

frankensooner
4/27/2007, 12:45 PM
My favorite memorials are those rear windshield ones. :rolleyes:

TUSooner
4/27/2007, 12:55 PM
***The memorial should be defaced, destroyed, desecrated, or stolen ASAP....
Not to put too fine a point on the deal, but do NOT pollute some lake or pond with it; break it into small pieces and scatter them it in a pasture or a chicken yard where animals will poop on them.

OK, I think that's all from me. :rolleyes:

Condescending Sooner
4/27/2007, 01:12 PM

This is the guy who swears he is not a liberal.

Frozen Sooner
4/27/2007, 01:14 PM
Well, OK then. If the kid's father bought the stone, I guess I'm not all that fired up about it. I was kind of thinking that for the university to pay for it was re-goddamn-diculous. Since it has not been proven that whacko freakboy was attempting to kill others (although there's certainly evidence suggesting so) it's not really appropriate to deny family members the same rights that the family members of other students who commit suicide have.

However, Dad should certainly get a bill for the police department's time and for one bench.

MamaMia
4/27/2007, 01:37 PM
Mike, I disagree. The final act this person committed on earth was cowardly, selfish, abusive, violent and felonious. He endangered the lives of innocent people, interrupted the rights of others to have a peaceful game day with their families, he made a big mess, destroyed property, and set a horrible example for our children and for other students. A memorial honoring him is a memorial honoring his actions. Boren is way out of line in thinking that we should teach our children to tolerate that type of behavior.

TUSooner
4/27/2007, 01:41 PM
Well, OK then. If the kid's father bought the stone, I guess I'm not all that fired up about it. I was kind of thinking that for the university to pay for it was re-goddamn-diculous. Since it has not been proven that whacko freakboy was attempting to kill others (although there's certainly evidence suggesting so) it's not really appropriate to deny family members the same rights that the family members of other students who commit suicide have.

However, Dad should certainly get a bill for the police department's time and for one bench.

OK. Hit the dad on the head with the "memorial" then dispose of it properly.

But seriously, the dad must be devastated, and I feel terrible for him, and even for his evil or demented son, in a way. But no public monument for what the kid did. It's just as wrong as it seems.

Frozen Sooner
4/27/2007, 01:43 PM
Mama, you have every right to disagree, but I don't agree with you that the entirety of the kid's life was wiped away by the actions of his last few hours-particularly to the man who raised him. I somehow sincerely doubt that Boren thinks that we should teach our children to tolerate destruction of property and suicide.

TUSooner
4/27/2007, 01:47 PM
Mike, I disagree. The final act this person committed on earth was cowardly, selfish, abusive, violent and felonious. He endangered the lives of innocent people, interrupted the rights of others to have a peaceful game day with their families, he made a big mess, destroyed property, and set a horrible example for our children and for other students. A memorial honoring him is a memorial honoring his actions. Boren is way out of line in thinking that we should teach our children to tolerate that type of behavior.
Nail, meet Hammer.

MamaMia
4/27/2007, 01:49 PM

However, Dad should certainly get a bill for the police department's time and for one bench. He had a bomb on his back and was trying to get into a stadium with wall to wall people and you dont think thats proof that he was trying to endanger the lives of others? What do you think then? Oh I know, he was just wanting to fit in one last OU football game before he went to the big stadium in the sky? :D

Frozen Sooner
4/27/2007, 01:56 PM
He had a bomb on his back and was trying to get into a stadium with wall to wall people and you dont think thats proof that he was trying to endanger the lives of others? What do you think then? Oh I know, he was just wanting to fit in one last OU football game before he went to the big stadium in the sky? :D

I have not heard sworn testimony from anyone stating that he was attempting to enter the stadium. I have heard second-hand information from people who have talked to people saying THEY claim he tried to enter the stadium.

Like I said, there's evidence suggesting that he was attempting to enter the stadium, and I'm leaning towards believing that he was. That's not actual proof, though.

mdklatt
4/27/2007, 01:58 PM
Well, OK then. If the kid's father bought the stone, I guess I'm not all that fired up about it. I was kind of thinking that for the university to pay for it was re-goddamn-diculous.

In the other thread about this, it said that OU came up with the idea, and when the father offered to pay for it they turned him down. This is a colossal failure to read the room on the university's part.

MamaMia
4/27/2007, 02:01 PM
Mama, you have every right to disagree, but I don't agree with you that the entirety of the kid's life was wiped away by the actions of his last few hours-particularly to the man who raised him. I somehow sincerely doubt that Boren thinks that we should teach our children to tolerate destruction of property and suicide.That family needs to memorialize their OU hating, self serving, abusive, obtrusive, bomb making, blown up, suicidal kin without involving the University of Oklahoma. Boren is sending the wrong message by allowing this.

Its Live On University. He made the choice as a part of our university to not live on. He and his whole blown up persona does not fit anymore with what we, who are OU, represent.

mdklatt
4/27/2007, 02:02 PM
That family needs to memorialize their OU hating, self serving, abusive, obtrusive, bomb making, blown up, suicidal kin

There's a lot of evidence that the kid was mentally ill.

MamaMia
4/27/2007, 02:04 PM
I have not heard sworn testimony from anyone stating that he was attempting to enter the stadium. I have heard second-hand information from people who have talked to people saying THEY claim he tried to enter the stadium.

Like I said, there's evidence suggesting that he was attempting to enter the stadium, and I'm leaning towards believing that he was. That's not actual proof, though.I guess it all depends on what your definition of the word was, was. :rolleyes:

MamaMia
4/27/2007, 02:04 PM
Ya think?

CUinNC
4/27/2007, 02:06 PM
Interesting tie-in from the VT tragedy...

this week the Uni created a memorial to the victims with 32 granite stones - nice ones with each persons name in a pattern..

BUT - they also put out a blank stone, (not a nice one - just nice creek rock) out outside the pattern, for the Turd...

took 'bout 3 hours & it was gone....but a couple of days later, student brought it back, because everyone was talking about the stone, theft, etc. and the student said everyone was whacked-out enough already ( they didn't do anything to him) - it won't be long before that stone is back in the river where it belongs.....;)

mdklatt
4/27/2007, 02:07 PM
Ya think?

You're attributing motives to him that don't apply if that's the case.

Fraggle145
4/27/2007, 02:08 PM

This is me not caring. :mad:

Frozen Sooner
4/27/2007, 02:10 PM
I guess it all depends on what your definition of the word was, was. :rolleyes:

No, it depends on what your definition of proof is. Some guy on an internet message board claiming that a friend of a friend said that he was trying to get into the stadium isn't proof. The fact that the guy confirms your own suspicions neither lowers nor raises the acceptability standard for constituting proof.

I, personally, haven't read or heard anything that's a first-hand statement of someone who is a credible source who saw the guy trying to get into the stadium. Which isn't to say that there isn't such a statement out there-there may very well be and I just haven't seen it.

Again, I think the guy probably was trying to get into the stadium and injure more people. It just hasn't been proven that he was to my knowledge, and President Boren has to act on what can be proven, not on what he suspects.

yermom
4/27/2007, 02:12 PM
i'm pretty sure he passed out at 31 flavors once

i guess it was pretty serious

MamaMia
4/27/2007, 02:12 PM
You're attributing motives to him that don't apply if that's the case.He was sane enough to construct a bomb, sane enough to know where the football stadium was. What makes you think he was too crazy to know that there were tens of thousands of families in that stadium and that bombs kill? He knew exactly what he was doing, the crazy little punk.

Fraggle145
4/27/2007, 02:13 PM
...President Boren has to act on what can be proven, not on what he suspects.

The fact is he blew himself up. IMO that is not worthy of any honor that I have ever heard of.

Frozen Sooner
4/27/2007, 02:13 PM
i'm pretty sure he passed out at 31 flavors once

i guess it was pretty serious

Ferris Bueller spek.

mdklatt
4/27/2007, 02:14 PM
He was sane enough to construct a bomb, sane enough to know where the football stadium was. What makes you think he was too crazy to know that there were tens of thousands of families in that stadium and that bombs kill? He knew exactly what he was doing, the crazy little punk.

Knowing it and being able to control your actions are two different things.

Frozen Sooner
4/27/2007, 02:15 PM
The fact is he blew himself up. IMO that is not worthy of any honor that I have ever heard of.

Obviously the kid's father disagrees and is willing to pay for a memorial through a service the university provides to all students who die while attending OU.

Fraggle145
4/27/2007, 02:16 PM
Obviously the kid's father disagrees and is willing to pay for a memorial through a service the university provides to all students who die while attending OU.

And I think the university should say "No."

mdklatt
4/27/2007, 02:16 PM

The problem is that he certainly didn't die like most of those students.

Jeopardude
4/27/2007, 02:20 PM
In summary: it is over the top to have any sort of memorial to someone committing suicide. It is a bad decision.

I'm shocked, but I agree completely with Jerkface is My Clone.

Frozen Sooner
4/27/2007, 02:24 PM
The problem is that he certainly didn't die like most of those students.

Nope, he didn't. But the university didn't have any policy in place forbidding a father from buying a memorial stone, even if the kid blew himself up in a rather suspicious manner.

Clark should have known better than to call up soliciting the stone, by the way. That was a mondo bad decision by him-one that I'm pretty surprised about. I had a bunch of interaction with him when I was in school and he seemed brighter than that.

mdklatt
4/27/2007, 02:31 PM
But the university didn't have any policy in place forbidding a father from buying a memorial stone, even if the kid blew himself up in a rather suspicious manner.

I don't think the father bought the stone. In the version of the story I read, this is all OU's doing. The father offered to pay for it once he was told about it, but OU said no.

MamaMia
4/27/2007, 02:42 PM
I shall spit upon his stone.

Frozen Sooner
4/27/2007, 02:43 PM
I don't think the father bought the stone. In the version of the story I read, this is all OU's doing. The father offered to pay for it once he was told about it, but OU said no.

In the version I read from Boren the University did not offer to pay for the stone and the father has paid for it.

Not sure what either side would have to gain by lying, you know? I think what probably happened is dad either paid for it and doesn't remember (being that having your son blow himself up is kind of a traumatic experience) or the University is billing him at the end of the semester or something.

And yes, I have a HUGE problem if the university paid for it.

Petro-Sooner
4/27/2007, 02:44 PM
I shall spit upon his stone.

:eek: :cool:

1stTimeCaller
4/27/2007, 02:45 PM
Are we talking about one of those pavers with a person's name on it? Or are we talking about a solitary marker marking the spot where he became a pile of lumpy jello?

If it's one of those bricks or whatever they are selling and it's just part of the sidewalk I don't have a problem with it other than the fact OU is footing the bill.

Frozen Sooner
4/27/2007, 02:46 PM
Are we talking about one of those pavers with a person's name on it? Or are we talking about a solitary marker marking the spot where he became a pile of lumpy jello?

If it's one of those bricks or whatever they are selling and it's just part of the sidewalk I don't have a problem with it other than the fact OU is footing the bill.

As far as I can tell, it's one of those pavers with a person's name on it.

And as near as I can tell, OU was not footing the bill for it, and if the father thinks they are he's about to get a rude notice from the OU bursar. ;)

Scott D
4/27/2007, 03:40 PM
This is the guy who swears he is not a liberal.

clearly a memorial to sarcasm needs to be placed in your yard.

def_lazer_fc
4/27/2007, 04:21 PM
where's the outrage for the katie couric stone? she sucks!

mdklatt
4/27/2007, 04:55 PM
where's the outrage for the katie couric stone? she sucks!

Katie Couric is dead?

:confused:

:D

TopDawg
4/27/2007, 05:33 PM

I'm not trying to pick on you 1TC, because many people reacted the same way...your post was just the handiest...

But from the website linked in the very first post of this thread:

A stone with the name of Joel Hinrichs III was placed outside the OU student union by the student affairs division, reports KOCO-TV in Oklahoma City.

Families normally pay about $150 for such memorials, and Hinrichs has offered to pay for it, reported the Oklahoma City TV station. But the university has not sent him a bill.

I can see why people would be upset about OU footing the bill (which has since been proven as being incorrect), but the idea that this was some "special" memorial wasn't even put forth in the original (incorrect) article linked in the very first post.

But that would've taken all the fun out of the over-reactions.

TopDawg
4/27/2007, 05:35 PM

It's not just for students who die, though. ANYBODY can buy one of those pavers. You can. I can. Maybe even SoonerFans.com can.

Okla-homey, you wanna look into that?

TopDawg
4/27/2007, 05:46 PM
The final act this person committed on earth was cowardly, selfish, abusive, violent and felonious. He endangered the lives of innocent people, interrupted the rights of others to have a peaceful game day with their families, he made a big mess, destroyed property, and set a horrible example for our children and for other students.

I've taken the liberty of bold-facing the actions of 50% of our fan base on any given gameday.

The "felonious" one and "endangered the lives" one probably only apply to 10%.

Fraggle145
4/27/2007, 05:48 PM
Why do you hate our fanbase?

mdklatt
4/27/2007, 05:49 PM
Why do you hate our fanbase?

[osu fan]Cause most of 'em never even went to school there![/osu fan]

:D

TopDawg
4/27/2007, 05:50 PM
Heh. I forgot to mention that the percentages at OSU and Texas are closer to 80% for the first group and 35% for the second. :D

Frozen Sooner
4/27/2007, 05:58 PM
It's not just for students who die, though. ANYBODY can buy one of those pavers. You can. I can. Maybe even SoonerFans.com can.

Okla-homey, you wanna look into that?

You are correct. I guess the university only actually contacts the families of kids who die. Which is still pretty tasteless.

TopDawg
4/27/2007, 05:59 PM
You are correct. I guess the university only actually contacts the families of kids who die. Which is still pretty tasteless.

Oh, I see what you're saying. My bad.

Still, though, Homey...you wanna look into a SF.com one? ;)

1stTimeCaller
4/27/2007, 06:29 PM
I'm not trying to pick on you 1TC, because many people reacted the same way...your post was just the handiest...

But from the website linked in the very first post of this thread:

I can see why people would be upset about OU footing the bill (which has since been proven as being incorrect), but the idea that this was some "special" memorial wasn't even put forth in the original (incorrect) article linked in the very first post.

But that would've taken all the fun out of the over-reactions.

No problem. It would help if I would read links but alas, I rarely do. I guess my internal definition of memorial is different than the news folks'. Without reading the article I was assuming it was going to be something where he blew himself up and not what/where it really is.

I still blame the MSM for the confusion on my part. ;)

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 08:59 PM
What a bunch of bull ****. THIS IS UN-FKING-BELIEVEABLE.

NORMAN, Okla. -- The University of Oklahoma has put up a memorial to a student who died when a homemade bomb exploded near the OU football stadium.

A stone with the name of Joel Hinrichs III was placed outside the OU student union by the student affairs division.
http://www.koco.com/news/13192881/detail.html

Dear Boren, Unless you remove that ****ing memoral from the campus, you can kill my donations good bye.

royalfan5
4/29/2007, 09:03 PM
I swear there was 150 post thread about this two days ago.

SicEmBaylor
4/29/2007, 09:04 PM
A day late and a dollar short.

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 09:06 PM
NORMAN, Okla. -- The University of Oklahoma has put up a memorial to a student who died when a homemade bomb exploded near the OU football stadium.

A stone with the name of Joel Hinrichs III was placed outside the OU student union by the student affairs division.

http://www.koco.com/news/13192881/detail.html

I refuse to donate any more money to OU until this memorial is remove and an apology is made to the people put at risk during that game.

My entire family attended that game, and this sonofabitch probably had plans to do them harm. Thank the LORD he just ended up killing himself and not any of the 80,000 across the street from him.

Remove this POS now.

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 09:08 PM
Sorry, been away and just found out.

Nevertheless, this is beyond outragous.

SoonerDood
4/29/2007, 09:08 PM
I'm on board.

SeattleOUstudent
4/29/2007, 09:09 PM
what idiots.

Put up a memorial for McVeigh while youre at it.

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 09:10 PM
Sorry, been away and just found out.

Nevertheless, this is beyond outragous.
:P
Ive found that when ive "been away "
that its good to ask or use the search thingy , just sayin

goingoneight
4/29/2007, 09:11 PM
This thread...
:rolleyes:

bri
4/29/2007, 09:14 PM
OMFG, TWO WEEKS AGO FINALLY HAPPENED AND I'M SUPER MAD!!!!! :mad:

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 09:16 PM
A) This belongs on the South Oval, where it's already been discussed ad nasueam.

B) It was Kansas State.

C) I think the school is gonna be okay without you, Moneybags.

If it happened at an OU football game, it damn well belongs on here.

And yes, it was the K-State game, my mistake.

Doesn't change the fact this is just disgusting as hell. Like the one guy said, might as well put up a memorial to McVeigh or one of the 9-11 terrorists while we are at it.

Pathetic.

bri
4/29/2007, 09:19 PM
It happened on campus during an OU football game. Using your logic, some dude could start a thread in this forum about gettin' teh beejayz over in Adams during the Red/White game.

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 09:21 PM
:P
Ive found that when ive "been away "
that its good to ask or use the search thingy , just sayin

Is the memorial still there then?

Then I would say its still a very relevent topic.

Okla-homey
4/29/2007, 09:22 PM
At least I'll have a nice hard surface on which to stub my cigars out on gamedays that won't involve defacing anything significant.:texan:

Scott D
4/29/2007, 09:24 PM
I don't think your outrage is sincere Tuba.

Scott D
4/29/2007, 09:26 PM
I think you need to start a thread about this tired subject in every forum on this board before I'll believe your outrage is real.

goingoneight
4/29/2007, 09:27 PM
You are an idiot.

What this guy did put 80,000 people AT AN OU FOOTBALL GAME at risk.

I know you don't ever attend any game cause you can't afford to, nevertheless, it still has a lot to do with OU football, even if you're blind to that fact.

So you decided to attack someone for not affording game tickets? Rich...
:les: TAKE IT TO THA SO!!!

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 09:30 PM
So you decided to attack someone for not affording game tickets? Rich...
:les: TAKE IT TO THA SO!!!

And attacking someone for not knowing about this a few days ago is ok?

Frozen Sooner
4/29/2007, 09:30 PM
I guess everyone doesn't think we need multiple threads on this topic in multiple forums. Thanks for your concern.

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 09:33 PM
I don't think your outrage is sincere Tuba.
Kinda whatbI was thinkin ;)
so what if its still there Yhe dudes dad pd fer it , Iffen I readed me that otheer thread rite .

Frozen Sooner
4/29/2007, 09:34 PM
I think I've caught all the personal attacks in here. Forgive me if I missed one or two, as they were flying pretty fast.

Scott D
4/29/2007, 09:36 PM
You forgot to do the part where you ban that Mike Rich guy for being out...of....control. ;)

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 09:36 PM
I think I've caught all the personal attacks in here. Forgive me if I missed one or two, as they were flying pretty fast.
My intent was to never attack anyone personally.

I was attacked first by Bri, and censored on the football board, probably by Bri.

I apologize, but this is just insane. It needs to GO NOW.

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 09:37 PM
And attacking someone for not knowing about this a few days ago is ok?
And If your gonna be a leader of the " vast right wing conspiracy " you need to keep up .

Frozen Sooner
4/29/2007, 09:38 PM
My intent was to never attack anyone personally.

I was attacked first by Bri, and censored on the football board, probably by Bri.

I apologize, but this is just insane. It needs to GO NOW.

Bri is not a moderator.

I, however, am. And I'm the one who moved the thread. Which, by the way, is not censorship. The thread was not appropriate for the football board.

As has been pointed out repeatedly, there is a multi-page thread on this very topic already in existence. Perhaps you should check it out, as pretty much everyone got their say in then.

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 09:38 PM
And If your gonna be a leader of the " vast right wing conspiracy " you need to keep up .

No conspiracy here. Just remove the POS NOW!

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 09:40 PM
Bri is not a moderator.

I, however, am. And I'm the one who moved the thread. Which, by the way, is not censorship. The thread was not appropriate for the football board.

Let me ask you,

Did you attend that football game?

Did you have YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY AT THAT FOOTBALL GAME?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 09:40 PM
Bri is not a moderator.

As has been pointed out repeatedly, there is a multi-page thread on this very topic already in existence. Perhaps you should check it out, as pretty much everyone got their say in then.
I didnt
Oh wait :eek:

Frozen Sooner
4/29/2007, 09:42 PM
Let me ask you,

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Awesome. Are you planning on making a point here?

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 09:42 PM
Let me ask you,

Yeah, I didn't think so.
Me and the Boys were there , does that count ?:eek:

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 09:43 PM
Awesome. Are you planning on making a point here?

Well, did you attend that game?

Did you have many loved ones at the game that ******* tried to blow up?

I guess not.

No wonder.

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 09:44 PM
Me and the Boys were there , does that count ?:eek:

So, you want you university memorializing this asshat?

bri
4/29/2007, 09:47 PM
OklahomaTuba[/B]]I know you don't ever attend any game cause you can't afford to, nevertheless, it still has a lot to do with OU football, even if you're blind to that fact.

Ooh, BURN! Nice one, Russell (Owasso chapter).

And I guess the mods are also blind to that fact as well. It must suck to be wrong so much that it starts to feel like right.

Frozen Sooner
4/29/2007, 09:47 PM
Well, did you attend that game?

Did you have many loved ones at the game that ******* tried to blow up?

I guess not.

No wonder.

No wonder that I'm able to locate a thread that's all of two days old?

No wonder that I'm able to keep non-football topics on the South Oval?

No wonder that you're attempting to make some connection between being at the KSU game and thinking that a thread about a guy blowing himself up outside the game belongs on a board for discussion about football as opposed to the board specifically set up to discuss non-sports topics?

Tuba, unclench yourself for a bit. I realize that you're scared that your family was placed in danger, and I realize that you're upset that the university has allowed a paving stone to be placed for the guy that put them there. There are conflicting reports as to whether the university paid for it or not. There are conflicting reports as to what the actual intention of the guy who blew himself up was-although I tend to lean towards him attempting to cause harm to others.

However, this topic will remain on the SO and off the football board.

Okla-homey
4/29/2007, 09:48 PM

Who cares? BTW, even money one of the frats will make their pledges steal it every fall anyway.

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 09:57 PM
No wonder that I'm able to keep non-football topics on the South Oval?

Hmm, then what does a tail-gate have to do with football?? What about Advertising, as is currently at the top of the football forum?

Are you saying someone setting off a bomb feet away from the stadium DURING A GAME doesn't, but a tail-gate and adverstising does??

Nice!

Easy for some guy in Alaska to say I guess. Nevermind the people that actually donate to OU and show up for every game to support the school and program.

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 10:00 PM
Who cares?
I do.

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 10:01 PM
From what I can Tell , OU didnt, the said asshats Dad did .
BFD

Frozen Sooner
4/29/2007, 10:01 PM
Hmm, then what does a tail-gate have to do with football??

Are you saying someone setting off a bomb feet away from the stadium doesn't, but a tail-gate does??

Wow, easy for some guy in Alaska to do I guess. Nevermind the people that actually donate to OU and show up for every game to support the school and program.

Well, I guess we don't have to worry about you then, since you've already said you won't give any more money to the university.

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 10:04 PM
Well, I guess we don't have to worry about you then, since you've already said you won't give any more money to the university.

Not until that thing is removed.

And I won't shut-up about it either until its gone. Ban me if you like, and I know you are drooling over the prospect of shutting up someone you hate, but I don't care. I will not let this go.

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 10:05 PM
By the way, gotta love the none stop neg-a-thon by Bri.

Thanks Bri! Thanks for the 9 Negs in less than 20 min!

royalfan5
4/29/2007, 10:06 PM

And I won't shut-up about it either until its gone. Ban me if you like, and I know you are drooling over the prospect of shutting up someone you hate, but I don't care. I will not let this go.
If that's the case, would there be a better place to bitch about it than here? Perhaps to people with actual authority at the University of Oklahoma?

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 10:06 PM
Hmm, then what does a tail-gate have to do with football?? What about Advertising, as is currently at the top of the football forum?

Are you saying someone setting off a bomb feet away from the stadium DURING A GAME doesn't, but a tail-gate and adverstising does??

Nice!

Easy for some guy in Alaska to say I guess. Nevermind the people that actually donate to OU and show up for every game to support the school and program.
Do I need to lend you a chill Pill ?:D
Hell you know what ? I just realised that the gooks were really trying to hurt me :eek: Oh shat, 37 yrs later Im skeered . :cool:
Get a deck bro get a deck

Frozen Sooner
4/29/2007, 10:07 PM

Hate?

That's a pretty wild overstatement.

Talk about it all you want. But do it on the South Oval, or don't do it on SoonerFans.

bri
4/29/2007, 10:07 PM

No problem. I figure, if you're gonna distract me from watching the Mavs game with your pink panty meltdown that time forgot, I may as well enjoy myself.

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 10:08 PM

I gave you green . Dont make me regret it . :confused:

OklahomaTuba
If that's the case, would there be a better place to bitch about it than here? Perhaps to people with actual authority at the University of Oklahoma?
Well, lets see, 10:00 at night, and I JUST FOUND OUT.

So no, there isn't anyone else at the moment.

I wonder, do other "late threads" get this much hate from people like Bri and Mike?

Frozen Sooner
Actually, yes. I generally merge duplicate threads when I notice them and I generally remove non-football related threads from the football board when I notice them.

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 10:10 PM
Hate?

That's a pretty wild overstatement.

Talk about it all you want. But do it on the South Oval, or don't do it on SoonerFans.
So, if a bomber at a football game isn't allowed on the football board, what is allowed on the football board?

bri
Yes, yes they do. Sorry to burst your secret black CIA bubble.

All I'm saying is, if you're just now finding out about this AND you somehow think I'm still a mod...well, for a "current events" guy you're not very current.

olevetonahill

Oh and No sukupinteneded
Mike and Jaux are 2 of the Bestest Mods to be added in a long time
So back off .
Oh and yes Ive been called down , by em !:O

OklahomaTuba
Actually, yes. I generally merge duplicate threads when I notice them and I generally remove non-football related threads from the football board when I notice them.
Will you be removing the advertising thread then?

Frozen Sooner
4/29/2007, 10:12 PM

Considering Phil posted it and he's the owner of the board, no.

Cue martyrdom syndrome now.

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 10:13 PM
So, if a bomber at a football game isn't allowed on the football board, what is allowed on the football board?
Oh hell no . you gonna blowed up the ftball bord ?:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

royalfan5
4/29/2007, 10:14 PM
Well, lets see, 10:00 at night, and I JUST FOUND OUT.

So no, there isn't anyone else at the moment.

I wonder, do other "late threads" get this much hate from people like Bri and Mike?
Any time I neglected to use the search function, and double posted something, I was given a well deserved mocking. The search function does work 24 hours you know. I always use it before posting a current event story because you never know about creative thread titles.

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 10:15 PM
Come on Tuba , Its time fer ya meds !
GADOCADWI:cool:

bri

Now?

Heh, looks like Tuba isn't the only one who's struggling to keep up. :D

OklahomaTuba
Considering Phil posted it and he's the owner of the board, no.

So, you would rather have non-Sooner Football related topics (NFL, other teams, etc) on a Sooner Football board than have a thread about someone who might have killed many of people at a Sooner Football Game?

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 10:16 PM
Any time I neglected to use the search function, and double posted something, I was given a well deserved mocking. The search function does work 24 hours you know. I always use it before posting a current event story because you never know about creative thread titles.
Like I said, its still there, so its STILL RELEVANT.

bri
4/29/2007, 10:17 PM
Hey! Hey, guys! I'm just gonna say the same thing over and over until the answer changes, K? thx!!

royalfan5
4/29/2007, 10:18 PM
Like I said, its still there, so its STILL RELEVANT.
I would have been just as relevant if you would have posted in the existing thread at the beginning.

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 10:19 PM
Hey! Hey, guys! I'm just gonna say the same thing over and over until the answer changes, K? thx!!

Good job on the non-stop negging. Seems you have a lot of time on your hand.

bri
4/29/2007, 10:21 PM
Well, it is the weekend.

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 10:21 PM
I would have been just as relevant if you would have posted in the existing thread at the beginning.

So making a new thread makes its less relevant?

I guess we will be merging all like threads together now? Can we merge all the AD threads on the football forum then???

jk the sooner fan
4/29/2007, 10:22 PM
tuba - perhaps your angst would be better directed at a group of folks that can actually have an impact - like the university, rather than a bunch of schmoes on a message board

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 10:22 PM
Well, it is the weekend.

I thought every day was a weekend for you?

bri
4/29/2007, 10:24 PM
I thought every day was a weekend for you?

Once again, thinking is your downfall. You might want to leave that to the higher primates, Slappy.

royalfan5
4/29/2007, 10:24 PM
So making a new thread makes its less relevant?

I guess we will be merging all like threads together now? Can we merge all the AD threads on the football forum then???
Are you new to the board? Threads about the same topic and event get merged almost everyday. This pretty much is a text book case of that. There was a thread saying OMG, Exploding boy is getting a Memorial, during which a plethora of posters bitched about it. You basically started the exact same thread. It can't be that hard to see why they were merged.

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 10:25 PM
So, you would rather have non-Sooner Football related topics (NFL, other teams, etc) on a Sooner Football board than have a thread about someone who might have killed many of people at a Sooner Football Game?
Ok Tuba Ya re about to make " me regret it"
The Man done tole Ya theres a Forum for this kinda stuff .
Its here In the SO .
OU football , we gots a forun . OU basket ball we gots a forum , Smack we gots a forum .
See its really easy .
Man I have a hard time agreein with you or dis agreeing with you , cause see Im pretty much conseritive .
But Like John Lennon said If you money for Minds that hate . well I hope you get the point . :pop:

bri
4/29/2007, 10:26 PM
Oh, snap, looks like someone earned nap time. I can hardly wait for him to come back and get p*ssed off about this days after the fact. :D

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 10:26 PM
2 plus 2 is 5 Damit

GottaHavePride
4/29/2007, 10:29 PM
It was all fun and games until Tuba had to go flinging financial insults a la Bruce and kept getting up in Froze's grill, yo.

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 10:32 PM
It was all fun and games until Tuba had to go flinging financial insults a la Bruce and kept getting up in Froze's grill, yo.
The Boy couldnt tell " come here from sicem " ( pun intended) Dayum how many times did he get warned in a chiding manner to tame it down :eek:
Does this classify as a " meltdown " ?

bri
4/29/2007, 10:39 PM
Nah, meltdowns are only when someone goes crazygonuts and gets permabaned. This was just a pink panty meltdown, the lowest grade of meltdown. :D

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 10:43 PM
Nah, meltdowns are only when someone goes crazygonuts and gets permabaned. This was just a pink panty meltdown, the lowest grade of meltdown. :D
so ur sayin a "panty meltdown " :cool:

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 10:56 PM
Hardly a "panty meltdown".

Maybe when you neg-spek someone like 50 times, then maybe so..

bri
4/29/2007, 11:07 PM
Oh yay, they let him back! I was wondering what I was gonna do with the rest of my evening now that the Mavs are pulling away.

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 11:12 PM
Well, you needed someone to neg spek and insult all night. :)

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2007, 11:14 PM
Thanks for this neg spek bri...

Wow, is it up to 50 already? Maybe if you'd shut the f*ck up...

Maybe someone else should go "cool it"????

GottaHavePride
4/29/2007, 11:25 PM
In that case, we'll do it this way. Shut it. All o' yez.

SicEmBaylor
4/29/2007, 11:36 PM
Wasn't there already a thread about this a few days ago?