PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss your not worth much

stoops the eternal pimp
4/29/2007, 07:53 PM
At least in the Raiders and Patriots eyes...straight up for a 4th round pick

SoonerDood
4/29/2007, 09:08 PM
I guess if he can't perform for the Pats, then his career is pretty much done. Hard to believe this will be his 10th season.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/29/2007, 09:09 PM
shows you if your just a pure speed guy its hard to perform later in your career..terrible route runner

snp
4/29/2007, 10:03 PM
or he wouldn't restructure his contract for anyone else.

He wasn't just a pure speed guy - he had great hands and great size.

Shneeg11
4/29/2007, 10:10 PM
great size?? he's listed at 6'4 210 lbs. First of all, he is not 210 lbs, therefore he is always hurt. If by great size you meant he is a tall receiver that is also fast, then yes, he has great size, but his lack of the lbs is a disadvantage and usually leads to minor injuries.

snp
4/29/2007, 10:32 PM
First of all, stop pretending like you know more than the NFL bio of him.

He's started 132 out of 144 games. Didn't miss a game the first 6 years of his career. So his size just started affecting him now

His great size (6'4) is excellent for matching up against smaller DBs. If you've never seen how he uses his size to outjump or outposition his opponent, maybe you shouldn't be arguing this moronic point.

He didn't set or break numerous NFL records by being only a speed guy.

Seamus
4/29/2007, 11:56 PM
And the judges' scores are in ... looks like good marks ... Yes! That's a PWN3D!

Rhino
4/30/2007, 12:01 AM
His lack of production recently can be attributed to the fact that the Raiders have the CFL QB shuffle goin' on.

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2007, 12:21 AM
His lack of production recently can be attributed to the fact that the Raiders have the CFL QB shuffle goin' on.
Amazing how a crappy QB can impact WR production.

One of the great mysteries.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/30/2007, 07:59 AM
or he wouldn't restructure his contract for anyone else.

He wasn't just a pure speed guy - he had great hands and great size.

Your right about the hands and great size, which I took as a given since most guys dont play in the NFL as a WR for 10 years without great hands....Well TO is someone that might be in that category

TripleOption14
4/30/2007, 08:28 AM
This was an absolute STEAL for the Pats!!!! The reason Moss has sux of late is because he's a guy who will only play hard for a winning team. He never really wanted to be in Oakland in the first place and as someone earlier said the QB situation in Oakland is high schoolish. I GUARANSHEED he will be back to his pro bowl ways this up coming season!!

All you fantasy football players take a flyer on Moss this year!!

rankin07
4/30/2007, 10:30 AM
I think he and TO are getting too old it's time to leave the league boys go onto something else

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2007, 11:58 AM
I think he and TO are getting too old it's time to leave the league boys go onto something else
Their act is WAY old.

But they'll put up some nice numbers..........again.

I still hate both of them.

Soonermagik
4/30/2007, 12:16 PM
Everyone pay attention the pats just got Wes Welker for the slot, Randy Moss, Stallworth along with last years veteran WR's. They are going to give the colts quite a run for an offensive battle.

Colts picked up Anthony Gonzalez in the slot, already having Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison. I love offense and these 2 teams are loaded.

the_ouskull
4/30/2007, 01:43 PM
Whose not worth much? Randy Moss'? Yours? Should there have been a comma in there, or an apostrophe or something...? I'm pretty darn confused...

the_ouskull

TopDawg
4/30/2007, 01:48 PM

Technically you can't really determine how much the Patriots think he's worth by this trade. They might think he's worth a 2nd round pick...but if the Raiders are going to deal him for a 4th rounder...why not?

But, yeah, I was kinda surprised to see them get him for a 4th rounder.

TopDawg
4/30/2007, 01:49 PM
Everyone pay attention the pats just got Wes Welker for the slot, Randy Moss, Stallworth along with last years veteran WR's. They are going to give the colts quite a run for an offensive battle.

Colts picked up Anthony Gonzalez in the slot, already having Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison. I love offense and these 2 teams are loaded.

I really like Gonzalez in that Colt offense...but I'm surprised they took him in the 1st.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/30/2007, 10:35 PM
Whose not worth much? Randy Moss'? Yours? Should there have been a comma in there, or an apostrophe or something...? I'm pretty darn confused...

the_ouskull

Give me a good quote to give me better understanding

Ash
4/30/2007, 10:39 PM

the_ouskull

heh

Ash
4/30/2007, 10:40 PM
Their act is WAY old.

But they'll put up some nice numbers..........again.

I still hate both of them.

I can see Moss coming back and putting up numbers in New England. I get the feeling, though, that TOs best days are behind him.

tnraider1
5/1/2007, 02:09 AM
Technically you can't really determine how much the Patriots think he's worth by this trade. They might think he's worth a 2nd round pick...but if the Raiders are going to deal him for a 4th rounder...why not?

But, yeah, I was kinda surprised to see them get him for a 4th rounder.

Moss is a cancer. The Raiders would have taken Zabransky for him if it meant getting him off of the squad. QB play last year was only part of the reason for Moss' decreased numbers. I saw him flat out drop 5 TD's last year. He was unhappy, so he didn't feel like catching the ball. Poor wittle me. I hate the guy. I hope his scrawny *** freezes to death in New England.

Ash
5/1/2007, 07:04 AM
Moss is a crybaby, but when he turns it on he still has playmaking ability. He was pouting in Oakland and that hurt his performance, it's stupid and unprofessional but I can see him coming back from that with the Pats.

TO, on the other hand, claims he was on board, was going to make a difference, was on a playoff team, etc. - but still dropped key passes and his production suffered overall.

MojoRisen
5/1/2007, 10:26 AM

54 million later..... Yeah who needs the payroll burden.

arcman46
5/1/2007, 12:45 PM
TO is just worthless as a player in so far that he is divisive in the locker room and on the field. Moss is potentially a great receiver, but his problem is that he has been known not to play all out on every play. As a Packer fan, I was glad that we didn't win that sweepstakes.

sooneron
5/1/2007, 03:40 PM
Moss won't put up the all world numbers like he used, but I bet that he has a good season - somewhere around 60-70 receptions and a dozen tds.

JDawg2303
5/1/2007, 03:49 PM
I guess if he can't perform for the Pats, then his career is pretty much done. Hard to believe this will be his 10th season.

He's just going to be like Terrell Owens. If he screws up with this team, then his career is over, at least at the level he's used to (some team might pick him up for a year out of desperation). Anyway, this is his last chance at a Super Bowl ring.

Collier11
5/1/2007, 03:58 PM
I have heard from teammates that Moss is a good teammate and the taking plays off is overrated because people like cris carter and jerry rice also take plays off and that is just commentators not knowing what they are talking about! I am not denying that Moss is a bum sometimes but he is a great receiver and I see him really helping the Pats! You think belichick or brady will let him get in the way! I doubt it!

r5TPsooner
5/2/2007, 08:52 PM
"Just Say No."