PDA

View Full Version : Another year and I'm thinking Dallas had another bad draft

usmc-sooner
4/29/2007, 07:49 PM
:(

The kid from Purdue was all B10 but why not trade up for a Safety so Roy Williams can play closer to the line and less in deep coverage.

The QB from Washington? He's fast and all but I don't get this one either.

Jerry Jones I'd like to kick you in the nutz.

jk the sooner fan
4/29/2007, 07:57 PM
oh i think they had a great draft......well, not great, but certainly not as bad as you're making it out to be

the new coach is a 3-4 guru, and needs a player to replace Greg Ellis, and the only player that fits that need was this kid from Purdue

this draft was more about saving $$ and positioning themselves for next year than anything else.....they didnt draft a safety because they signed Ken Hamlin

Jerry was a master with the trade ups and downs......

Newbomb Turk
4/29/2007, 08:03 PM
this draft was more about saving $$ and positioning themselves for next year than anything else

exactly. you'll be happy next year when the Cowboys get Cleveland's pick.

usmc-sooner
4/29/2007, 08:09 PM
oh i think they had a great draft......well, not great, but certainly not as bad as you're making it out to be

the new coach is a 3-4 guru, and needs a player to replace Greg Ellis, and the only player that fits that need was this kid from Purdue

this draft was more about saving $$ and positioning themselves for next year than anything else.....they didnt draft a safety because they signed Ken Hamlin

Jerry was a master with the trade ups and downs......

I don't see it my friend, we haven't been a contender since the mid 90's.

What are they going to do with the QB from Washington? If OU had not played UW I would not have heard of anyone they drafted. I'd honestly take Paul Thompson over Stanbeck, I guess Stanbeck's upside is world class speed.

As time goes by I see Jerry Jones draft decisions about as good as his plastic surgery decisions.

tulsaoilerfan
4/29/2007, 08:52 PM
Stanback will probably be a WR project, and i hadn't heard of any of the other guys they drafted but i don't follow college football as closely as i did when i was younger; the Sooners are about the only games i ever watch during the season.

rankin07
4/29/2007, 09:57 PM
I can see Stanback being used like Brad Smith and Reggie McNeal have been used with that great speed, I bet he could make an impact

tulsaoilerfan
4/29/2007, 10:15 PM
He looked pretty elusive when Washington played at Norman that's for sure

birddog
4/30/2007, 12:42 AM
He looked pretty elusive when Washington played at Norman that's for sure

how many times did that guy spin out of trouble because we over-pursued?

there's no way he winds up at qb.

r5TPsooner
5/2/2007, 08:55 PM
I would have loved to see Dallas go after AD as our current RB is average at best.

Time will tell I guess.

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2007, 08:58 PM
norm hitzges said that dallas had an offer to trade up to get Calvin Johnson from Detroit, in exchange for picks 1, 2, and 3, and DeMarcus Ware

gee, no thanks...