PDA

View Full Version : When will this Jai nonsense end?

Ardmore_Sooner
4/29/2007, 05:37 PM
Has the kid set a date? Or is he still holding all these schools hostage?

This is getting really old...:mad:

badger
4/29/2007, 07:13 PM
I checked and he has said as of this week that there are still five schools that he is considering... and has not eliminated any of them.

usmc-sooner
4/29/2007, 08:05 PM
he's not coming to OU

IMO

stoops the eternal pimp
4/29/2007, 08:29 PM
Im to the point I dont care what he does..

Ardmore_Sooner
4/29/2007, 09:18 PM
Well I just read that Kentucky was talking with him tonight and Donovan tomorrow evening. I know we have little to no chance, but geeze. If Capel really thought he couldn't sign him I would have figured he would've moved on.

goingoneight
4/29/2007, 09:39 PM
If he ends up sucking badly at the next level... he gets what's coming to him, IMHO. No matter if he's a Sooner or not. The Ryan Broyles incident is just the same.

rankin07
4/29/2007, 10:25 PM
Dang this kid's getting attention like he's the next michael jordan or something. I'm sure there are point guards out there just as good if not better then him. I bet MJ's own son is just as good as him.

Ash
4/29/2007, 11:06 PM
I don't begrudge a kid weighing all of his options or "enjoying the recruiting process."

It might be different if he were telling people one thing and doing another, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

He's getting attention because he's one of the best prospects that hasn't committed/signed.

Frozen Sooner
4/30/2007, 12:33 AM
I have a feeling that Coach Capel has pretty much moved on. He's not going to wind up in Norman.

goingoneight
4/30/2007, 01:05 AM
I'm certain of it. In fact, I'd be shocked if OU was even still in his top 20 given the offers he's received, his aggy background, and the way OU looked post-Sampson so far. OU may end up being great under Capel, but face it... kids go where there's an oppurtunity to win, and they go off of the previous few seasons similar to us getting AD from Texas in FB.

I haven't seen it written, but I've heard the SA talk about him being just as confused as Broyles and one school to the other and all of that, so he just seems liek a headache-and-a-half for now. I wish him well, but I'm not so concerned about getting him anymore.

stoopified
4/30/2007, 06:20 AM
Well he can come here and win chmpionships or go someplace else and watch us................... Uh thats right this is the BAKETBALL board,never mind. :D

crawfish
4/30/2007, 07:39 AM
Well, I for one hope we get him. That "McD's AA" label is a nice tag to have when we recruit other players.

TopDawg
4/30/2007, 12:11 PM
I think Capel's still pretty confident about our chances.

OSUAggie
4/30/2007, 12:33 PM
He'll just show up somewhere in August.

fwsooner22
4/30/2007, 01:03 PM
Yawn

william_brasky
4/30/2007, 02:40 PM
Well, I for one hope we get him.

I, too, hope we get him.

It's a credit to Capel that we're in the mix.

the_ouskull
4/30/2007, 05:45 PM
Im to the point I dont care what he does..

I've been saying this from jump. I've been saying this about recruiting for years. I'll give a sh*t about the kid once he's wearing the jersey. Until then, they're just some kid.

the_ouskull

stoopified
4/30/2007, 05:57 PM
I've been saying this from jump. I've been saying this about recruiting for years. I'll give a sh*t about the kid once he's wearing the jersey. Until then, they're just some kid.

the_ouskullSkull when are you gonna learn to open up and tell people what you really think? :)

the_ouskull
4/30/2007, 09:18 PM
I am often told how shy I am. It is usually by someone who is a d*mn liar. :D

the_ouskull

fwsooner22
5/1/2007, 02:14 PM
I agree with skull......which is why I wrote "Yawn" above.....when they make a decision then it gets exciting.....every kid has a right to take as long as they would like. I know I would if I would have had any talent.

By the way "Blue" thinks that the word "yawn" is worthy of lots of neg spek so be careful what words ya use, if ya care about such things. Appears it is a big part of his life.

OSUAggie
5/1/2007, 02:17 PM
Whew... I thought it was in reference to my awe-inspiring statement.

william_brasky
5/1/2007, 02:48 PM
By the way "Blue" thinks that the word "yawn" is worthy of lots of neg spek so be careful what words ya use, if ya care about such things. Appears it is a big part of his life.

yawn

:twinkies:

fwsooner22
5/1/2007, 02:56 PM
yawn

SEE!!!!!........Brasky knows "Yawn" is funny! ;) ;) ;)

fwsooner22
5/1/2007, 02:57 PM

Naaaaaaaa.....I thought that was funny

OUstud
5/1/2007, 05:16 PM
Patience gives Jai Lucas clear vision of college choice
Katz
By Andy Katz
ESPN.com
Archive

Jai Lucas gets the recruiting process more than most.

Jai Lucas #5
Joe Murphy/NBAE via Getty Images
Jai Lucas hopes to narrow down his decision to two or three teams.

Maybe that's because his brother John Lucas III went through it and played at Baylor and Oklahoma State before heading to the NBA.

Maybe it's because his father, John Lucas II, played at Maryland, the NBA and coached in the league, too.

So, they're not fools. They have patience. They are persistent. And they are fully aware that the longer they wait to make a decision, the more likely they'll understand exactly what the layout will be for the staff and program for 2007-08.

The month-long spring signing period ends next week and Lucas is the last remaining top point guard to make a decision. Monday was his last home visit: Florida coach Billy Donovan dropped by his Houston house. Throughout the week, he had Maryland's Gary Williams, Oklahoma's Jeff Capel, Oklahoma State's Sean Sutton and Kentucky's Billy Gillispie in his home.

The plan is to narrow the list to two or three schools by the end of the week and then make a decision by next week. His reasoning for waiting probably can be summed up with what happened at Kentucky and Florida -- lots of change.

Jai Lucas said that Donovan last fall didn't think he would fit into their future plans since at that point the Gators coach didn't know junior Taurean Green would be leaving for the NBA.

By December, Lucas said Donovan was calling to tell him he had a spot, knowing then that it was more likely Green was gone.

Tubby Smith started recruiting Lucas for Kentucky in the fall. By March he was the coach at Minnesota and Gillispie was now recruiting him for Kentucky. In the fall, Lucas said Gillispie -- then the Texas A&M coach -- didn't think Lucas fit in College Station. Once Gillispie got to Kentucky, everything changed and Lucas said he was a fit for the Wildcats.

Patrick Patterson
Howie McCormick/Icon SMI
Huntington High School's Patrick Patterson is another high-profile recruit waiting to sign.

Jai's father, John II, said he recommended waiting until the spring. Jai Lucas is not the only one; Huntington (W.Va.) forward Patrick Patterson is doing the same thing. A year ago, Darrell Arthur waited until May to make up his mind.

Kansas coach Bill Self said Arthur truly didn't know what he wanted to do and said if Arthur could have, he would have waited another few months.

"There are so many changes going on that you should wait," John Lucas II said. "If a school is on the list and they want you, they'll be there at the end."

Lucas said a recruit wants to avoid having to deal with getting out of a national letter of intent, as could have happened with Michael Beasley after a coaching change at Kansas State (Bob Huggins went to West Virginia but his assistant Frank Martin got the job and Beasley is staying). A year ago, Oklahoma's top three recruits got out of their NLIs once Kelvin Sampson left for Indiana and Capel was hired.

"If [Joakim] Noah or [Al] Horford were at Florida do you think Patterson would be considering Florida?" Lucas II said. "If [Josh] McRoberts had stayed do you think he would be considering Duke? If [Randolph] Morris had stayed [at Kentucky] what would have happened there?"

Patterson is considering all three of those schools.

"If you're a college program difference maker, then you should wait," Lucas II said. "If you're a mid-major guy then people aren't going to wait for you. I'm not saying Jai is [a high-major star] but he fills a need that a team may have now. Style of play is also important and Jai needs to play in an uptempo style. All of them say that but you need to watch it and see how they play."

So, here's how Jai Lucas looked at his five finalists this late in the process:

Florida: "A lot of people think Florida just popped in there but they've been there all along. At the beginning coach Donovan didn't think it was the right situation to recruit me but after Christmas he called me and it turned into the perfect situation."

"If you're a college program difference maker, then you should wait. If you're a mid-major guy then people aren't going to wait for you."
-- Jai Lucas' father, John Lucas II

What was Donovan's push?

"They lose six people that played the most minutes and obviously they need somebody to come in and play," Jai Lucas said. "The player that played the most minutes last year was the point guard [Green]."

Kentucky: "I started out with coach Smith and then got to coach Gillispie. It was like night and day. Gillispie is much more hands on as a head coach recruiting. He has a spot for me now and said he's going to turn the program around in a different direction."

What was Gillispie like in the home?

"He was upbeat and enthusiastic and really fired up for the job," Lucas said. "He said he doesn't know what to expect. He's like a little kid in a candy store. He's so excited about the situation."

Oklahoma State: "It's a transition period and last season was coach Sean [Sutton's] first year coaching. So, I knew a lot more about his dad [Eddie who coached Jai's brother John to the Final Four in 2004]. I didn't know what [Sean Sutton] was going to do. It started out well for them but they couldn't finish [and get to the NCAAs]."

How did Sean Sutton sell Lucas?

"We have a strong relationship through my brother so there was a familiarity with them," Lucas said.

Oklahoma: "I hadn't watched VCU when coach Capel was coaching so I wanted to see how he coached. I wanted to see the style of play."

What happened when Capel -- who according to Jai Lucas is the most text-message-savvy coach of the five -- visited?

"He's just trying to build a program and wants to be an elite team. He's got a big man in Blake Griffin and told me he feels he needs a point guard to take the program to the next level."

Maryland: "I was waiting to see if the bigs [James Gist] were going to go in the draft. I wanted to see the framework of their team."

The Terps have two lead point guards in Greivis Vasquez and Eric Hayes returning. Still, coach Williams made his pitch last week.

"He comes in and says he's going to work you and make you the best player you can be," Jai Lucas said. "You're playing in the ACC and the team is going to be really good."

The 5-foot-10 Lucas (Bellaire High in Houston) said he's ready to end the process but doesn't regret waiting one bit.

"If you're a mid-major player you should take the best available option but I felt comfortable enough with my position," he said. "If someone is going to break into the top 50 then you should stay unsigned and see where you want to play."

the_ouskull
5/1/2007, 05:27 PM

The only "awe-inspiring statement" of which you could possibly be capable is more along the lines of:

"I'm leaving. I have run out of concise, yet valid arguments regarding the individual merits of our respective schools; arguments which involve only the facts, and absolutely no emotion whatsoever, and I have come to the conclusion that you all have been absolutely right all along. Oklahoma A&M IS an inferior university, and athletic program, and our fans should be thankful that at least one state school is consistantly bringing money into this conference."

If I ever heard an Aggie say that, I'm pretty sure I'd sh*t myself. I don't know if "self-defecation" counts as "inspired by awe," but it's gonna have to do.

the_ouskull

william_brasky
5/1/2007, 05:32 PM
Sounds like we are still in the hunt.

jccouger
5/1/2007, 08:27 PM
Sounds like we are still in the hunt.

He had the least to say about us then any other school.

I'm pretty sure we are out of it.

okienole3
5/1/2007, 09:57 PM
He had the least to say about us then any other school.

I'm pretty sure we are out of it.

Please, do us all a favor and learn the difference between then and than.

Ash
5/1/2007, 11:49 PM
There's a 40/90 chance that Jai signs with Florida...or Kentucky...

derrrr...

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/2/2007, 10:35 PM
I'd like to announce that I've narrowed my choices to Jessica Alba,Jessica Biel, Kate Beckinsale and Bugs bunny in drag.

Seriously if he wants to be a Sooner I'm behind Jai all the way. If he's not on board I can give a Von Crap. Don't get me wrong he could be a big difference maker given out current PG situation but he isn't Kevin Durant either.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/2/2007, 11:00 PM
Well reading on rivals, Jai is supposed to narrow his list tonight. :rolleyes: Day is almost over.

Rhino
5/3/2007, 09:37 AM
I think Jai is supposed to narrow down his list every night...and just never does.

Last I heard, he's supposed to narrow it down to two or three by the weekend, then decide next week. Which means July or August.

badger
5/3/2007, 09:42 AM
all the top news stories on jai are about patience and waiting. :mad:

Ardmore_Sooner
5/3/2007, 11:07 AM
Well he was supposed to trim it last night, its been postponed until tonight. Go figure! :rolleyes:

birddog
5/3/2007, 11:55 AM
not that this is breaking news, but maryland filled their last scholarship.

hey, it's something.

OSUAggie
5/3/2007, 11:37 PM
We don't have any scholarships left, either.

Also, TG is allegedly going back to Florida rather than the NBA.

the_ouskull
5/4/2007, 10:12 PM
We don't have any scholarships left, either.

Also, TG is allegedly going back to Florida rather than the NBA.

HEY! I'm giving you comedic gold here, people, and you are not to ignore it! We know you saw what I said about you. Was your reader not home that day?

Respect my authoritah.

Sin,

http://www.capitolannex.com/IMAGES1/eric_cartman.jpg

okienole3
5/5/2007, 10:48 AM
He is a Sooner.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/5/2007, 11:57 AM
I've heard otherwise.... Where are you hearing okienole3?

Big Red Ron
5/6/2007, 06:18 PM
I've heard otherwise.... Where are you hearing okienole3?I have heard from a usually plugged in type that there is a family tie or friendship between the Capel's and Lucas'.

I don't think it is far fetched to believe we are still right there in it. I would bet dollars to dough nuts that he goes to OU or UF.

GoState
5/7/2007, 05:20 PM
I'm surprised that he kept OSU in the mix (or not...depending on which report you read that day) and dumped Maryland. OU just signed Leary...but you'd have to think Jai would be confident enough to think he could start in front of Leary, or at least get substantial playing time. When it's all said and done, I still think he's going to Florida.

Monday, May 7, 2007

Lucas lists UK among final 3

By Jody Demling
[email protected]
The Courier-Journal

As expected, the University of Kentucky has made the final cut of schools for Houston (Texas) point guard Jai Lucas.

The 5-foot-10 Lucas told Rivals.com that the Wildcats, Florida and Oklahoma State are the final three schools in the running for his services.

The McDonald’s All-American had also been considering Oklahoma and Maryland. He is the son of former NBA player and coach John Lucas, who played his college ball at Maryland.

Lucas hasn’t returned calls to The Courier-Journal.

Several media outlets have reported he’s also eliminated Oklahoma State, but he told Rivals “I don’t know who I am going to pick out of these three.”

The final day of the signing period is May 16.

UK coach Billy Gillispie is also still waiting on word from Huntington (W. Va.) forward Patrick Patterson, who has said he won’t sign until next week.

Patterson has narrowed his list to UK, Florida, Duke, West Virginia, Wake Forest and Virginia. Gillispie is slated to speak at the Huntington athletic banquet tonight.

Another recruiting tidbit connected with UK is that Washington (Ind.) junior center Tyler Zeller was scheduled to make a trip to UK today. He’s one of the top 25 players in the Class of 2008.

Big Red Ron
5/7/2007, 07:19 PM
Well, he said he wanted to go to a school with a real shot at winning the National Championship, on a radio interview today. That would exclude OSU, considering they haven't even made the NCAA in two years and they have a garden gnome for a HC.

runner1182
5/7/2007, 08:20 PM
good point osu has no chance of a NC!

OSUAggie
5/8/2007, 09:13 AM
I don't know where you're getting your info.

He told rivals he needed a bigger stage to play on than Oklahoma, but that was the toughest school for him to eliminate due to Capel.

He said his final three were OSU, UF, and UK.

He indicated that he thought all three provided him with an opportunity to win a championship.

OUSKINS
5/8/2007, 12:41 PM
He told rivals he needed a bigger stage to play on than Oklahoma

But in Stillwater, won't he have to share the stage with goats, chickens, and trolls?

Big Red Ron
5/8/2007, 01:07 PM
I don't know where you're getting your info.

He told rivals he needed a bigger stage to play on than Oklahoma, but that was the toughest school for him to eliminate due to Capel.

He said his final three were OSU, UF, and UK.

He indicated that he thought all three provided him with an opportunity to win a championship.Then he's got brain damage. Okie State hasn't won since real men were fighting a war in europe and haven't made the NCAA for two years running.

I didn't realize this but Jai isn't even a top 30 player.

Crimsontothecore
5/9/2007, 11:07 AM
osu is still in the mix only because big brother went there....period. It has nothing to do with the ridiculous notion that osu is any closer to winning a title in b-ball than OU.
Honestly, I was never too excited about having a Lucas on our team anyway. From what I'm hearing, John jr. has been telling him what a blast it was to play for a drunk coach.

OSUAggie
5/9/2007, 11:20 AM
From what I'm hearing, John jr. has been telling him what a blast it was to play for a drunk coach.

Why are you calling Lefty Driesell a drunk? And what does that have to do with OSU?

OSUFAN11
5/9/2007, 12:46 PM
Then he's got brain damage. Okie State hasn't won since real men were fighting a war in europe and haven't made the NCAA for two years running.

I didn't realize this but Jai isn't even a top 30 player.

Come on now! If he had kept OU in his top 3 you would be excited about it. Besides, he probably wont end up in the state of Oklahoma anyway!

Big Red Ron
5/9/2007, 01:21 PM
Come on now! If he had kept OU in his top 3 you would be excited about it. Besides, he probably wont end up in the state of Oklahoma anyway!I'm just saying, for all the hype, I thought he was a higher rated player. I think he's living off of his family name to some extent.

OSUAggie
5/9/2007, 02:50 PM
He's living off the fact that he's by far the highest rated PG left on the board, and the recruiting season is pretty much dead except for him and Patterson. They are now receiving all the attention.

Plus he's put off his decision about 30 times, so there have been more stories about him.

It's not like he's a terrible player, or anything. But he has received as much coverage as anybody else in the country this year, so that would probably lead one to think he's a top-10 or top-15 player instead of top-50 or top-75.

Big Red Ron
5/9/2007, 04:31 PM
Well, he might be the highest rated left but that is self marketing. Nobody said he wasn't any good but I doubt he ever lives up to the hype.

OSUFAN11
5/9/2007, 04:54 PM
That kind of stuff happens all of the time.

Jello Biafra
5/9/2007, 05:18 PM
He's living off the fact that he's by far the highest rated PG left on the board, and the recruiting season is pretty much dead except for him and Patterson.

so....

if we were playing school yard football and there were two guys left....

one "rotund" booger picker with coke bottle glasses and a one legged skinny kid, who would you pick? just because he's one of the last two left, doesn't mean anything.

OSUAggie
5/9/2007, 05:35 PM
so....

if we were playing school yard football and there were two guys left....

one "rotund" booger picker with coke bottle glasses and a one legged skinny kid, who would you pick? just because he's one of the last two left, doesn't mean anything.

It means he's going to get more attention than he would have if he signed in the early period.

More attention, as a top-50 or 75 player, has come to Jai than many prospects in the top-15 b/c his recruitment has been so long.

Jello Biafra
5/9/2007, 05:40 PM
It means he's going to get more attention than he would have if he signed in the early period.

More attention, as a top-50 or 75 player, has come to Jai than many prospects in the top-15 b/c his recruitment has been so long.

you think? what ever happened to "shut up and play" ? pick a fuggin school, get your education and play. whats so hard about that? his motives are suspect. in my opinion.

OSUFAN11
5/9/2007, 05:53 PM
you think? what ever happened to "shut up and play" ? pick a fuggin school, get your education and play. whats so hard about that? his motives are suspect. in my opinion.

Kind of like Broyles.

Jello Biafra
5/9/2007, 05:57 PM
Kind of like Broyles.

whatever. the kids from norman. he used LosuR to get a scholarship to the school he wanted to go to. big difference. jd runnels did the same thing. your point?

TopDawg
5/9/2007, 07:17 PM
hahaha...I like the notion that Broyles used OSU. That's funny.

OSUFAN11
5/9/2007, 07:36 PM
whatever. the kids from norman. he used LosuR to get a scholarship to the school he wanted to go to. big difference. jd runnels did the same thing. your point?

No he saw that William Cole signed with us and he went running scared back to OU.;)

Crimsontothecore
5/10/2007, 12:00 AM
Why are you calling Lefty Driesell a drunk? And what does that have to do with OSU?
John jr., John jr. II, whoever. I don't have the lineage of the Lucas family memorized like osu people. One more reason why I don't want a Lucas on our team. How bout this; Jai has been told by his OLDER BROTHER what a blast it was to play for a drunk coach.

crawfish
5/10/2007, 08:56 AM
"When will this Jai thread ever end?"

oufan1
5/11/2007, 05:36 PM
No he saw what we do with animals and he went running scared back to OU.;)
:eek: :D

stoopified
5/12/2007, 12:02 AM
"When will this Jai thread ever end?"NO

Rhino
5/12/2007, 03:17 PM
No he saw that William Cole signed with us and he went running scared back to OU.;) That's probably the first time I've heard that a recruit was scared off because a school signed another recruit who plays a completely different position.

OSUFAN11
5/13/2007, 10:08 AM
That's probably the first time I've heard that a recruit was scared off because a school signed another recruit who plays a completely different position.

Cole did play QB in H.S. but he has stressed that he wants to play CB. He believes that playing defense will give him a better chance at making it to the NFL. The coaches have even talked about him probably playing at CB. It really just depends on what happens when he actually starts practicing but as of right now it sounds like he will be playing CB. To be honest with you, I dont care where he plays because he is an amazing athlete.

okienole3
5/13/2007, 11:56 AM
Cole did play QB in H.S. but he has stressed that he wants to play CB. He believes that playing defense will give him a better chance at making it to the NFL. The coaches have even talked about him probably playing at CB. It really just depends on what happens when he actually starts practicing but as of right now it sounds like he will be playing CB. To be honest with you, I dont care where he plays because he is an amazing athlete.

Yes, and Broyles is going to be in the slot. So, thanks for making his point.

OSUFAN11
5/13/2007, 05:21 PM
Yes, and Broyles is going to be in the slot. So, thanks for making his point.

Thanks for playing but Broyles was going to be a CB for us. Not a WR!

Big Red Ron
5/13/2007, 05:59 PM
Cole did play QB in H.S. but he has stressed that he wants to play CB. He believes that playing defense will give him a better chance at making it to the NFL. The coaches have even talked about him probably playing at CB. It really just depends on what happens when he actually starts practicing but as of right now it sounds like he will be playing CB. To be honest with you, I dont care where he plays because he is an amazing athlete.Wow, anyone willing to swich positions because it gives them a better shot in the NFL should also think about going to a school with a better chance to get them there too.:rolleyes:

OSUFAN11
5/13/2007, 07:02 PM
Wow, anyone willing to swich positions because it gives them a better shot in the NFL should also think about going to a school with a better chance to get them there too.:rolleyes:

If you are good enough the NFL should take you.

Big Red Ron
5/13/2007, 07:38 PM
If you are good enough the NFL should take you.In theory, but based on the number of players each school has sent to the NFL, it's pretty obvious you have a better chance to play in the NFL if you go to OU rather than OSU.

Just sayin...

starrca23
5/13/2007, 08:24 PM
Should and Would have two different meanings.

badger
5/14/2007, 11:40 AM
ok, even though it is clear that he's not gonna be a sooner...

jai will announce something at 1:30 p.m. today, so he called this press conference.

Here is what we know:

1- He will not go to Kentucky, because the coach that originally recruited him is now in Minnesota.
2- He will not go to Florida, because there is no guarantee that Donovan won't be coaching the Magic in the NBA next year, especially after the interest he showed in coaching the Grizzlies (who wouldn't meet his demands)
3- He will not go to Oklahoma State, because he wants to play where that other lousy holdout blue chipper goes, and has said that he will try to persuade him to go to whatever school he signs with. Oklahoma State is not on the other recruit's short list.

So... in conclusion, Jai Lucas is going to...

BAYLOR.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/f/f0/Baylor_bear_logo.gif
He is going to be a BAYLOR BEAR for the following reasons:
1- His older brother played there.
2- He won't have to leave Texas.
3- They're the only school that will hold out for him as long as he's going to hold out on committing to a school.

Sing it with me now...
That good old Baylor line!
We'll march forever down the years,
As long as stars shall shine.
We'll fling our green and gold afar
To light the ways of time,
And guide us as we onward go;

Big Red Ron
5/14/2007, 12:37 PM
ok, even though it is clear that he's not gonna be a sooner...

jai will announce something at 1:30 p.m. today, so he called this press conference.

Here is what we know:

1- He will not go to Kentucky, because the coach that originally recruited him is now in Minnesota.
2- He will not go to Florida, because there is no guarantee that Donovan won't be coaching the Magic in the NBA next year, especially after the interest he showed in coaching the Grizzlies (who wouldn't meet his demands)
3- He will not go to Oklahoma State, because he wants to play where that other lousy holdout blue chipper goes, and has said that he will try to persuade him to go to whatever school he signs with. Oklahoma State is not on the other recruit's short list.

So... in conclusion, Jai Lucas is going to...

BAYLOR.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/f/f0/Baylor_bear_logo.gif
He is going to be a BAYLOR BEAR for the following reasons:
1- His older brother played there.
2- He won't have to leave Texas.
3- They're the only school that will hold out for him as long as he's going to hold out on committing to a school.

Sing it with me now...
We'll march forever down the years,
As long as stars shall shine.
We'll fling our green and gold afar
To light the ways of time,
And guide us as we onward go;
That good old Baylor line!That actually wouldn't be a bad choice. Good coaching and low expectations for the team. The Big XII looks to be down, accross the board, next year and he could really make a big splash there. Of course, the same could be said about OU too but whatever. ;)

badger
5/14/2007, 02:10 PM
ok, mis apologias. i incorrectly stated 1:30, when in fact, it is at 2:30. whoops!

he's not coming to ou anyways...

colleyvillesooner
5/14/2007, 03:04 PM
He's a gator

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/news/story?id=2870197

Lucas commits to GatorsBy Andy Katz
ESPN.com

Florida picked up the first of two potential key late signees when the top remaining point guard, Houston's Jai Lucas , committed to the Gators.

Lucas told ESPN.com Monday afternoon as he was entering his news conference at Bellaire High (Texas) that he would sign with the two-time defending national champs. The month-long signing period ends Wednesday. The Gators, along with Kentucky and Duke, are awaiting the decision from Huntington (W.Va.) power forward Patrick Patterson -- the top unsigned player at his position. He said last week that he would make an announcement Wednesday.

"I'm going to Florida because I felt it was the right place for me," Lucas told ESPN.com. "I just felt that they had lost a lot and I can come in and play right away. They've got a great group of guys coming in with this class. I can help them at the point."

Lucas told ESPN.com Sunday night that he would try to convince Patterson to join him.

Lucas chose the Gators over Kentucky and Oklahoma State. He had had Oklahoma and his father, John's alma mater, Maryland, on his final five.

Point-guard minutes opened up when junior Taurean Green decided to stay in the NBA draft and sign with an agent. That means that Lucas, rising junior Walter Hodge and incoming freshman Nick Calathes , who can play multiple positions, will compete for the primary ballhandling position.

Lucas joins a recruiting class of Calathes, forwards Chandler Parsons , Alex Tyus and Adam Allen . Hodge is one of five returnees that includes forwards Marreese Speights, Jonathan Mitchell and Dan Werner and guard Brandon Powell. The Gators lost their top six players  four juniors (Green, Al Horford, Corey Brewer and Joakim Noah) and two seniors (Lee Humphrey and Chris Richard) - off the national championship team that defeated Ohio State last month in Atlanta.

Boomer.....
5/14/2007, 03:30 PM
Not a huge surprise.

Big Red Ron
5/14/2007, 03:31 PM
Poor aggie.

illinisooner
5/14/2007, 03:32 PM
And the rich get richer.

OSUAggie
5/14/2007, 03:33 PM
Poor aggie.

We'll be fine. Thanks, though.

crawfish
5/14/2007, 03:45 PM
IT'S OVER!!!!

crawfish
5/14/2007, 03:47 PM
We'll be fine until Byron Eaton gets winded at the 16 minute mark. Thanks, though.

:D

Big Red Ron
5/14/2007, 03:58 PM
We'll be fine. Thanks, though.Ha Ha, poor aggie! Now, if we can only get Sean a lifetime contract up there. :D

Big Red Ron
5/14/2007, 03:59 PM
:DYeah, Eaton is probably gettin his eat on to celebrate.:D

colleyvillesooner
5/14/2007, 04:12 PM
Ha Ha, poor aggie! Now, if we can only get Sean a lifetime contract up there. :D

heh. I was trying to find the picture of him flailing around on the ground.

OSUAggie
5/14/2007, 04:13 PM
We hired a trainer to take care of him.

Maybe he'll report next fall at 230 instead of 240.

Or maybe it'll be 250.

Taxman71
5/14/2007, 04:40 PM
It would be funny to see Billy Donavan bolt to the NBA after all this. They might have a OU-2006 type defection on their hands.

badger
5/14/2007, 05:08 PM
We'll be fine. Thanks, though.
i am suddenly feeling more confident about our bet :D

Ash
5/14/2007, 11:29 PM
Hey badger, when will all this Brett Favre nonsense end? ;)

OSUAggie
5/15/2007, 09:09 AM
i am suddenly feeling more confident about our bet :D

heh

At least we filled all of our scholarships...

badger
5/15/2007, 09:47 AM
Hey badger, when will all this Brett Favre nonsense end? ;)
this is the BASKETBALL board, but I will take the bait.

The thing about Favre is, he's in Green Bay.
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Mike-Smith/Green-Bay-Packers---New-Lambeau-Field-Poster-C10224159.jpeg
When you are in Green Bay, you are a hero, awesome, best damn player in the world-like being.
Funny article proving this fact. (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/12/brownback.favre.ap/index.html)
If you are an outsider, and proclaim this to be true, you, too, are praised:
Response to last funny article by opposing party (http://www.journaltimes.com/nucleus/index.php?itemid=12950)
So, when will it end? Whenever he wants to give up being that savior, that hero, that worshiped football god:
http://people.wwc.edu/student/aguika/brett_favre.JPG
...even though he no longer looks like that. Rather, his face is a little older...
http://www.mensjournal.com/feature/0510/images/brettFavre2.jpg
...whoops, I meant a few years OLDer...
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/may06/favre50606.jpg
Quite frankly, would YOU want to leave if people were gathering around to kiss your butt?
http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Brett-Favre-R.article.jpg

NormanPride
5/15/2007, 11:13 AM
You never kiss my butt...

Frozen Sooner
5/15/2007, 11:39 AM
I'm a freakin' genius.

Crimsontothecore
5/15/2007, 11:44 AM
Back to the topic of this thread.
I will not take part in making classy comments. I hope Jai Lucas is a bust in college and finds himself riding the pine after Donovan brings in a top PG recruit next year. Something tells me the defending two-time national champs may find a better guard than the #46 guy that Lucas is.
After all the mega-drama of his recruitment, it would be funny to see him fall flat on his face. I'm done now.

Ash
5/16/2007, 12:06 AM
Back to the topic of Brett Favre.

If it's so good to be in the Bay, why was he asking for a trade? Or was he?

Why was he whining like a little beyonce at the golf event? Or did he?

And why can't he drag his besmooched arse to camp? It's not like he'd have to do anything anyway.

Big Red Ron
5/16/2007, 12:12 AM
Back to the topic of Brett Favre.

If it's so good to be in the Bay, why was he asking for a trade? Or was he?

Why was he whining like a little beyonce at the golf event? Or did he?

And why can't he drag his besmooched arse to camp? It's not like he'd have to do anything anyway.He was upset about not getting Moss or someone else to throw the ball to. He has since said he didn't ask for a trade.

Ash
5/16/2007, 12:15 AM
He was upset about not getting Moss or someone else to throw the ball to. He has since said he didn't ask for a trade.

pssst...I've read the articles, too. Don't rain on my giving-Packer-fan-a-hard-time-all-in-jest-Parade, plz k thx.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/31/2007, 09:27 PM
This is a bump for your amusement! The ride is about to begin again! :D

SoonerShark
5/31/2007, 10:05 PM
This is a bump for your amusement! The ride is about to begin again! :D

Jai Aggie?

Of course, we lost two or three division 1 recruits who were starters for the teams that took them last year after Kelvin left. I wonder if Florida will grant the releases as easily as we did?

joe4sooners
6/1/2007, 01:53 PM
who cares about jai lucas? is he a sooner? no!