4/29/2007, 05:23 PM
Has PT been mentioned ?
Seems like someone is gonna miss out on a Great player . IMHO

Suerreal
4/29/2007, 05:41 PM
PT was not drafted.
You can check on anyone you want here:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/

In addition to AD, Rufus Alexander went to the Vikings in round 6 and CJ Ah You to Buffalo in round 7.

Paul Thompson doesn't have the physical skills NFL teams drool over, but he has IT. I think playing QB last year did hurt his prospects as a receiver. I hope he can beat the odds and get picked up as a walk-on. He may need a year or two as a receiver in Canada or Europe.

- Sue

yermom
4/29/2007, 05:58 PM
they were saying before the draft someone might pick him up for Special Teams and WR since he could also be a 3rd QB or something too

hopefully someone takes Pops

trwxxa
4/29/2007, 06:53 PM
Hopefully he impressed enough to get a decent F.A. signing bonus and then shows enough to end up on a teams' practice squad for 07.

hurricane'bone
4/29/2007, 07:01 PM
they were saying before the draft someone might pick him up for Special Teams and WR since he could also be a 3rd QB or something too

hopefully someone takes Pops

I don't think the Mavericks are keen on having Pops be a two sport star

badger
4/29/2007, 07:15 PM
The only three drafted from OU were Ruuuu, Ah You and AD. Round 6, 7 and 1 respectively.

Several of our other players should have free agent deals, no problem though. Whether or not they make NFL teams? That's another story.

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 07:36 PM
Im still thinking if a TEAM needs an athlete and team player they be messing up not taking him
He may not ever be "STAR " material but I bet he will be solid
just my 2 cents

stoops the eternal pimp
4/29/2007, 07:50 PM
I guarantee Thompson, Birdine, and Thibs have been called already by somebody to show up at there mini

birddog
4/29/2007, 07:52 PM
he's just not polished enough at receiver or qb to make an impact. maybe he could go to canada or nflE. sure would like to see him continue to play ball. for as long as he was on the team, he didn't play that much.:(

but that dude's going to be successful at most anything he does.

usmc-sooner
4/29/2007, 07:55 PM
do you guys think Latimer could stick as a special teams guy, I'm worried about his shoulder but he's seems to have the size and speed of a good special teams player.

Will Messner get a FA deal, he was All B12

BTW what happened to Matt O'Neal the Center for Stoops rookie year.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/29/2007, 07:57 PM
O Neal I believe is with the Jets..

Latimer ran a slow slow 40 so I dont know whats up with that..I know he takes terrible angles and thats a big part of ST

stoops the eternal pimp
4/29/2007, 08:00 PM
excuse me was a part of the jets..played some arena football for a couple of years

tulsaoilerfan
4/29/2007, 08:59 PM
What was PT's 40 time? Anyone?I heard Rufus ran a 4.8 and that was part of the reason he was drafted so low

stoops the eternal pimp
4/29/2007, 11:10 PM
Paul ran a 4.64...Rufus ran a 4.69 at the OU Pro Day and a 4.79 at the combine...not good numbers for a small guy

soonerinabilene
4/30/2007, 08:40 AM
Paul ran a 4.64...Rufus ran a 4.69 at the OU Pro Day and a 4.79 at the combine...not good numbers for a small guy

I dont even pretend to be a scouting expert, but it would seem to me watching film of his speed in full pads running all over the field the last two years would make some people think that a straight 40 isnt the best way to judge someone's speed on the field.

sooner94
4/30/2007, 11:39 AM
but that dude's going to be successful at most anything he does.

Well said, and very true.

I read an article that talked about his interest in going into politics. I hope he does, as we need more guys like him.