PDA

View Full Version : I'm a college educated moron

Jerk
4/29/2007, 03:44 PM
With a liberal arts degree (thus the reason I drive a truck).

And I still do not know WTF "Melo's" signiture means.

It's not that I 'kind of know' what it's about, or that I'm somewhere in the ballpark. No, I'm saying that I have absolutely no f...n' clue as to what it says.

bluedogok
4/29/2007, 04:20 PM
Are you talking about the "Free thinkers are dangerous" part?

It is a lyric from Mind by System of a Down (http://www.mp3lyrics.org/s/system-of-a-down/mind/).

Jerk
4/29/2007, 05:05 PM
Are you talking about the "Free thinkers are dangerous" part?

It is a lyric from Mind by System of a Down (http://www.mp3lyrics.org/s/system-of-a-down/mind/).

It's the 'blame, hate, for fate's seed' part I don't understand.

GottaHavePride
4/29/2007, 06:56 PM
That's also a lyric from the same song. And this will probably **** Melo off, but I'll say it anyway: Jerk, I wouldn't worry about not getting what it means because I don't think there's much there to "get". Of course, I don't think System of a Down is a very good band, either.

VeeJay
4/29/2007, 07:07 PM
I'm college educated, too.

But, if I had 1/2 of the knowledge of my BIL in MS, who's a truck driver, I'd be better off financially. Just because my BIL knows how to build things and fix stuff.

My BIL finished HS and got a community college degree in auto mechanics. He drives a truck for a living, but can fix anything from the sheet metal on a wrecked dirt track modified to the transmission on an 18 wheeler to an AC unit on my sister's mini-van.

I don't look down my nose at nobody.

Jerk
4/29/2007, 07:23 PM
I'm college educated, too.

But, if I had 1/2 of the knowledge of my BIL in MS, who's a truck driver, I'd be better off financially. Just because my BIL knows how to build things and fix stuff.

My BIL finished HS and got a community college degree in auto mechanics. He drives a truck for a living, but can fix anything from the sheet metal on a wrecked dirt track modified to the transmission on an 18 wheeler to an AC unit on my sister's mini-van.

I don't look down my nose at nobody.
Truck drivers are a weird group. The bell curve would be like a sample from prison; it'd look like a camel's back. It always seems like the driver is going to be a freaking genius, or a blithering dolt, and not many in between, except me I think.

Funny thing is, you get the guys like me from college and we struggle to learn how to shift, back -up, drive, etc. Then you get these country boys who can't even write their own name, and they can drive a truck like a wild man. It took me almost a year to learn how to float gears. We had a guy from a farm that had it figured out before the end of truck driving school.