PDA

View Full Version : More carnage on the highway

Jerk
4/29/2007, 09:23 AM
RIP Lotus Elise. I don't think this will buff out.

http://www.ppbb.com/scgi-bin/boards/986/main.pl?read=1198088

Jerk
4/29/2007, 09:33 AM
This is the guy's car before the wreck, post #3
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32864

jk the sooner fan
4/29/2007, 10:26 AM
thats a gorgeous car

BajaOklahoma
4/29/2007, 10:28 AM
That was a gorgeous car.
Sad about the wrecks in NY and Austin.

bluedogok
4/29/2007, 11:54 AM
I think I met him once at a bike thing, the Ducati and he look familiar.

I have a project right down the road from where that wreck took place. That area has had an explosion of growth and traffic in the 4 years since I moved here from OKC. Too many of the locals still try and treat that road like it is the out of town twisties along with many of the other roads that have so much increased traffic. We regularly have drivers, bicyclists and motorcycle riders in accidents on roads that "they have always" been on just because there is so much more traffic on them. Roads that we rode on just three years ago that had had little traffic are now busy. We have to ride differently in those areas because of it. It was a great driving/riding road, now it is pretty much like any other.

Tailwind
4/29/2007, 01:49 PM
Good Lord! That was a beautiful car.Doesn't look like there would be any survivors.

proud gonzo
4/29/2007, 01:57 PM
nope-the guy died

Tailwind
4/29/2007, 01:59 PM
Pretty sad, that. WTF was he doing going 112 mph anyway?

fadada1
4/29/2007, 04:12 PM
Pretty sad, that. WTF was he doing going 112 mph anyway?
because he could. hope it was worth it.

Jerk
4/29/2007, 05:10 PM
I find it odd that he owned both a sports car and a crotch rocket, yet he somehow managed to get himself killed in the car.

bluedogok
4/29/2007, 05:30 PM
Why? More people are killed in car wrecks every year than motorcycle accidents. There have been multiple fatality car wrecks this week and I haven't heard of a motorcycle one in the Austin area.

I have known some people who will drive much wilder than they ride, I know when I was younger I was that way. I started riding motorcycles when I was 9, I learned that crashing hurt but never had to face the same fate in a car. I have driven much faster in a car multiple times than I have on a motorcycle.

85Sooner
4/29/2007, 05:45 PM
I think I met him once at a bike thing, the Ducati and he look familiar.

I have a project right down the road from where that wreck took place. That area has had an explosion of growth and traffic in the 4 years since I moved here from OKC. Too many of the locals still try and treat that road like it is the out of town twisties along with many of the other roads that have so much increased traffic. We regularly have drivers, bicyclists and motorcycle riders in accidents on roads that "they have always" been on just because there is so much more traffic on them. Roads that we rode on just three years ago that had had little traffic are now busy. We have to ride differently in those areas because of it. It was a great driving/riding road, now it is pretty much like any other.

The guy was kinda known as a speed demon is the racing circles around here. Big into motorcycles as well.He has a personal webpage out there with photos of his toys. Too bad 41yrs old.

85Sooner
4/29/2007, 05:46 PM
Why? More people are killed in car wrecks every year than motorcycle accidents. There have been multiple fatality car wrecks this week and I haven't heard of a motorcycle one in the Austin area.

I have known some people who will drive much wilder than they ride, I know when I was younger I was that way. I started riding motorcycles when I was 9, I learned that crashing hurt but never had to face the same fate in a car. I have driven much faster in a car multiple times than I have on a motorcycle.

Unless your drunk austin police officers.

yermom
4/29/2007, 05:54 PM
I find it odd that he owned both a sports car and a crotch rocket, yet he somehow managed to get himself killed in the car.

i was kinda thinking the same thing

that guy never had a chance in that little Lotus though :eek:

at least he didn't take anyone with him :(

jk the sooner fan
4/29/2007, 06:30 PM
i dont know about austin, but we have plenty of fatal motorcycle wrecks around here

perhaps its the population difference, but we have plenty just the same

bluedogok
4/29/2007, 06:43 PM
We have plenty, but there are more auto related fatalities weekly. Many of the motorcycle fatalities are because the driver of a car did something wrong like paying attention to something other than driving. It is just this week there hasn't been that I know of and being on local MC boards I tend to read about them, including a few people that I have known over the time that I have been here. I have already read about some in DFW, Houston, Denver and StL today. The one in Houston was a drunk driver who hit a bike and killed the rider.

There is still more than there should be (car or bike) because people are not doing what they should be, driving and not conducting business or getting onto the kids among other things. I was just trying to relay the point that motorcyclists are not the only ones getting killed by the irresponsibility of themselves or others, there are plenty of auto related fatalities as well, that guy was just one of the many this week.

Newbomb Turk
4/29/2007, 06:57 PM
We have plenty, but there are more auto related fatalities weekly.

might have something to do with just a few more people driving autos than motorcycles.

However I agree about people in cars not paying attention. Cell phones, radios, putting on makeup, eating food etc...

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 07:08 PM
We have plenty, but there are more auto related fatalities weekly. Many of the motorcycle fatalities are because the driver of a car did something wrong like paying attention to something other than driving. It is just this week there hasn't been that I know of and being on local MC boards I tend to read about them, including a few people that I have known over the time that I have been here. I have already read about some in DFW, Houston, Denver and StL today. The one in Houston was a drunk driver who hit a bike and killed the rider.

There is still more than there should be (car or bike) because people are not doing what they should be, driving and not conducting business or getting onto the kids among other things. I was just trying to relay the point that motorcyclists are not the only ones getting killed by the irresponsibility of themselves or others, there are plenty of auto related fatalities as well, that guy was just one of the many this week.

Last year after the Iowa st game , on the home there were 4 critch rockets the dudes were stoopid , they Passed Homey and my crew in a bad place .
any who they just in front an 3 of em got tangled and went spilling all over the place .
Never did hear anything about they came out . Any way of finding out ?