I went another way:

22-250 to reach out & touch

2 AK-47's for intermediate

2 9mm for up close

2 12 gauges for in the house.

:D

Jerk
4/29/2007, 08:42 AM
I might have to switch to 9mm due to the insane costs of .45 acp ammo.

Okla-homey
4/29/2007, 08:53 AM
I'm with you on the 1911's (45ACP of course, it's "God's Own Cartridge."), and the 870.

I depart company with you on the AR-15.

IMHO, AK-74's are the way to go. Cheaper, more reliable, easier to keep in shooting order. One for each family member and 20 or 30,000 rounds of ammunition total ought to do it.

Also, make sure you know where the nearest Mormon family lives in your neighborhood. They are required by their religion to keep a year's supply of food on hand at all times. It's usually quite a lot because they are also required to have big families. Therefore, you can either keep your own food stocks, or just plan on preying on a nearby Mormon family if the balloon goes up.;)

Jerk
4/29/2007, 08:56 AM
I'm with you on the 1911's (45ACP of course, it's "God's Own Cartridge."), and the 870.

I depart company with you on the AR-15.

IMHO, AK-74's are the way to go. Cheaper, more reliable, easier to keep in shooting order. One for each family member and 20 or 30,000 rounds of ammunition total ought to do it.

Also, make sure you know where the nearest Mormon family lives in your neighborhood. They are required by their religion to keep a year's supply of food on hand at all times. It's usually quite a lot because they are also required to have big families. Therefore, you can either keep your own food stocks, or just plan on preying on a nearby Mormon family if the balloon goes up.;)
"if the balloon goes up"

LOL

Get em whilst you can. You have until 2008. There is no way that Queen Hillary will allow the serfs and peasants to own firearms.

Kels
4/29/2007, 09:18 AM
I've got an AK-74. It's a good sprayer, but the AR-15 is more versatile, IMO. Also, it stinks having to buy imported ammo.

My list:
M-4
Glock 19
12 ga SxS

yermom
4/29/2007, 04:26 PM
AR-15

That's all.

i have the 1911, now all i need is this:

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/rem870mcs_ax.jpg

SicEmBaylor
4/29/2007, 04:27 PM
Hey Jerk,
I'm looking for a handgun, and I'm planning to get my CHL this summer.

I want something rugged, 9mm, but small frame.

Also, cost is a big factor. I want something cheap so that probably means used which makes durability an even bigger issue.

yermom
4/29/2007, 04:32 PM
i'm scared

royalfan5
4/29/2007, 04:32 PM
I'm sticking with my plan to get shot right away. The way I see it, why stick around to deal with the bull****?

Jerk
4/29/2007, 05:07 PM
Hey Jerk,
I'm looking for a handgun, and I'm planning to get my CHL this summer.

I want something rugged, 9mm, but small frame.

Also, cost is a big factor. I want something cheap so that probably means used which makes durability an even bigger issue.

Cheap handguns aren't my area of expertise. As a matter of fact I'm not really a pistol guy.

Get back to me when you want a semi-automatic rifle. But until then, save up and buy a Glock 19 if you want 9mm.

SicEmBaylor
4/29/2007, 05:14 PM
Cheap handguns aren't my area of expertise. As a matter of fact I'm not really a pistol guy.

Get back to me when you want a semi-automatic rifle. But until then, save up and buy a Glock 19 if you want 9mm.
You have failed me.
Actually, I was thinking a Walther PPK or maybe a Beretta Cheetah.

Jerk
4/29/2007, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't mine owning a Walther. The only Berretta I want is the automatic shotgun.

SicEmBaylor
4/29/2007, 05:21 PM
This is going to be glorious.

Anyway, I don't want to spend over $200.00 so is it even possible to get a quality handgun at that price, anyone?

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 05:42 PM
This is going to be glorious.

Anyway, I don't want to spend over $200.00 so is it even possible to get a quality handgun at that price, anyone?
Nope

soonerbrat
4/29/2007, 05:54 PM
all I have is a s/w 9mm

yermom
4/29/2007, 05:57 PM
i've been thinking about something in .40 S&W

maybe a Glock 22/23 that can convert to 9mm or .357 Sig pretty easily

Oldnslo
4/29/2007, 06:01 PM
1) No, you cannot buy a quality handgun for $200

2) Glock FTW.

SicEmBaylor
4/29/2007, 06:14 PM
Well, I could spend upward of 400.00 but that's really stretching it. I didn't want to spend over 200.00, but I'll see what I can find.

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 06:20 PM
Well, I could spend upward of 400.00 but that's really stretching it. I didn't want to spend over 200.00, but I'll see what I can find.
Sicem
Stay away from a Glock . Some one like you needs a good Revolver .

SicEmBaylor
4/29/2007, 06:22 PM
Sicem
Stay away from a Glock . Some one like you needs a good Revolver .

No, no. I hate revolvers. I want a semi-auto.

Jerk
4/29/2007, 06:42 PM

Springfield is coming out with a 1911 that has been scaled down and is chambered in 9mm. It's small. 1911's have more safety features than any other handgun made, yet they are considered one of the best defensive handguns in the world.

I have no idea how much they will cost.

SicEmBaylor
4/29/2007, 06:54 PM
I should just have my dad give me one of his, but he's pretty possessive of his firearms. The guy has enough firepower to bypass congress and arm the Contras.

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 06:59 PM
Well when you shoot your dic off dont say you were not warned .

bri
4/29/2007, 07:03 PM

Why? You're only gonna need one bullet to accidentally kill yourself in classic bumbling fashion.

jk the sooner fan
4/29/2007, 07:04 PM
i agree with the revolver suggestion

and i loathe beretta handguns.....blech

sig sauer rmfo

GottaHavePride
4/29/2007, 07:06 PM
Dude - the only safety on a Glock is a lever sticking out of the trigger. Which means anything that pulls on the trigger automatically disengages the safety. which means even experienced cops can (and do) shoot themselves in the feet just trying to put a Glock back in a holster. that would be the LAST gun I'd want to concealed-carry.

EDIT: I'd probably go with a 1911 or similar. Of course, I'm a big guy and can hide a full-size handgun on my person. Downside - 1911s are not cheap.

royalfan5
4/29/2007, 07:08 PM
Dude - the only safety on a Glock is a lever sticking out of the trigger. Which means anything that pulls on the trigger automatically disengages the safety. which means even experienced cops can (and do) shoot themselves in the feet just trying to put a Glock back in a holster. that would be the LAST gun I'd want to concealed-carry.
I think Sic'em accidentally shooting himself in the foot has a lot of SO potential.

Jerk
4/29/2007, 07:10 PM
Revolvers don't have no safeties, either.

Alot of people think they're good defensive handguns for women.

I don't. Usually women have children around. If the child gets ahold of a double action revolver, disaster is certain. Even if the hammer is on an empty chamber, the next one will be live. I'd much rather have her learn how to load a magizine, insert it into the pistol, and learn how to rack the slide back. It would be 100x harder for a child to AD an auto pistol that was magazine loaded, yet NOT chambered.

GottaHavePride
4/29/2007, 07:13 PM

I don't. Usually women have children around. If the child gets ahold of a double action revolver, disaster is certain. Even if the hammer is on an empty chamber, the next one will be live. I'd much rather have her learn how to load a magizine, insert it into the pistol, and learn how to rack the slide back. It would be 100x harder for a child to AD a an auto pistol that was magazine loaded, yet NOT chambered.

Heck yeah. Sometimes my dad will come home with a new pistol and the springs are so tight I can barely move the damn thing.

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 07:14 PM

I don't. Usually women have children around. If the child gets ahold of a double action revolver, disaster is certain. Even if the hammer is on an empty chamber, the next one will be live. I'd much rather have her learn how to load a magizine, insert it into the pistol, and learn how to rack the slide back. It would be 100x harder for a child to AD a an auto pistol that was magazine loaded, yet NOT chambered.
Jerk we talking about sicem here , not kids and wimmens .;)

Jerk
4/29/2007, 07:19 PM
Heck yeah. Sometimes my dad will come home with a new pistol and the springs are so tight I can barely move the damn thing.

Yeah, my 1911 has an 18 pound spring in it. Even the wife can't pull the slide back. There's no way a young child could (that said, I'll never give one the chance to)

When that Manson girl tried to kill President Ford, she inserted a loaded mag into an empty 1911, walked up to him in a crowd and pulled the trigger at point-blank range. Nothing happened. I bet she is still in jail today.

The smaller handguns, like the 9mm's, are going to have lighter springs, but it is still difficult for a child to manipulate correcty (pull back, let fly forward). I'm not saying it can't be done. But I think it's a heck of alot better than a small child playing around with a revolver. Just thinking about either situation makes me cringe.

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 07:25 PM
If you have kids around and you dont keeps your weapoms up outta their reach , wether its a revolver or auto loader , Its a bad siteation .

FaninAma
4/29/2007, 08:38 PM
Barrett M 82 .50 Caliber rifle.

Kels
4/29/2007, 09:02 PM

I conceal-carry a Glock 19. The Crimson Trace laser grips I put on it make it just about perfect.

olevetonahill
4/29/2007, 09:06 PM
I conceal-carry a Glock 19. The Crimson Trace laser grips I put on it make it just about perfect.
As long as you know what ur doing .
But Like i said this is sicem , Ya know the kid that cant use Jumper cables, change a flat, or drive in the right direction ?

Okla-homey
4/29/2007, 09:12 PM
Sic'em,
I you're serious, and you aren't already pretty familiar with handguns, stay away from autos. My recommendation for you is a S&W J-frame. Wheel guns are less persnickety for daily carry if you don't want to be bothered with weekly clean and lube. Google up J-frame or '"chief's special." Plus, they are pretty much guarenteed to fire everytime you pull the trigger.

You can get a J-frame, hammerless (double action only obviously) in stainless or the "airweight" in titanium for around $800.00 anywhere. The basic pistol with a hammer and in a parkerized finish is much cheaper. Chambered for .38 & firing jacketed hollowpoints ought to get you out of most any jams. Frankly, I prefer a larger cartridge, but more powerful revolvers are pretty hard to keep on target after the first round.

If you're gonna try to go cheap, you're talking pawn shop or out of some guy's trunk -- and if you don't know what you're doing you could buy something that might blow-up in your hand or that has been used in a crime.

The cool thing about quality handguns is they retain their value. If you buy a quality revolver for a starter pistol, and decide you want something sexier later, you can sell it for pretty close to what you paid if you haven't dropped it on concrete or something and scuffed/knicked it up.

jk the sooner fan
4/29/2007, 09:14 PM
what homey said

i always recommend to people that want a gun for protection....the kind you're going to stick in a drawer for 5 years..to get a wheel gun, leave it there for 5 years, pull it out and it will shoot

cant say the same for an auto, and you sure as hell cant buy one worth a damn for 200 bucks

rufnek05
4/29/2007, 10:59 PM
my pops was nice enough to buy me a glock 19 for my 16th,17th, and 18th birthdays. (the one gun counted for all three b-days). but i still want to get a 1911. but if i ever get a CHL i would strap that before the 1911. i've found that glock will work under any condition. but it is a very ugly gun compared to the 1911.

Hamhock
4/30/2007, 09:22 AM

EDIT: I'd probably go with a 1911 or similar. Of course, I'm a big guy and can hide a full-size handgun on my person. Downside - 1911s are not cheap.

i carry a glock 33. i leave the chamber empty so that i don't shoot off my weenis while holstering it.

i'm honestly not crazy about the way it shoots, but i think that is a trade-off for the small frame.

OU4LIFE
4/30/2007, 09:43 AM
I use to have several handguns in my youth. All are gone now, traded for one Israeli Arms .50 cal.

It's a nice sized gun that can shoot through walls. And it makes me feel pretty.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/30/2007, 09:51 AM
I want one of those new adjustable machine guns I saw on Future Weapons...the one that can convert from a grenade launcher and a 50-cal machine gun...

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2007, 10:20 AM
i'd get a mark 19 - you'll never have more fun shooting a weapon than you will with one of those

Xstnlsooner
4/30/2007, 02:48 PM
A guy here at work just bought a Kimber Custom II with a 4" barrel.
That is one sweet pistol! $1042.00 though...

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2007, 02:53 PM
I use to have several handguns in my youth. All are gone now, traded for one Israeli Arms .50 cal.

It's a nice sized gun that can shoot through walls. And it makes me feel pretty.
remember when you whined about grammar earlier?

yermom
4/30/2007, 02:54 PM
A guy here at work just bought a Kimber Custom II with a 4" barrel.
That is one sweet pistol! $1042.00 though...

Kimber = $$$ :eek:

they do look sweet though

Petro-Sooner
4/30/2007, 03:05 PM
Sic'em, get yourself a daisy. Great gun.

Oldnslo
4/30/2007, 04:39 PM
Kid, you'll shoot your eye out!

SicEmBaylor
4/30/2007, 04:49 PM
I've got a scoped pellet gun and a little .22 rifle.
This is my pellet gun.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/S4020017-1.jpg

I spent an entire summer with 3 of my friends at their place in the middle of Waco sitting in lawn chairs in the middle of the yard drinking beer and shooting those nasty *** black birds that infest Waco. We must have shot 1,000 of them by the end of that summer. There was a cat that would run and pick up the dead birds and carry them off.

rufnek05
4/30/2007, 05:03 PM
speaking of .22s. i think the ruger 10/22 is one of the greatest .22 semi's over made.

Hamhock
4/30/2007, 05:07 PM
speaking of .22s. i think the ruger 10/22 is one of the greatest .22 semi's over made.

concurrence

StoopTroup
4/30/2007, 05:13 PM
Are you talking about guns or women? ;)

:pop:

SicEmBaylor
4/30/2007, 05:18 PM
Are you talking about guns or women? ;)

:pop:
In either case, I'm likely to fire my bullet way too soon.

olevetonahill
4/30/2007, 05:45 PM
I see sicem as mire if a RedRider type guy

Rogue
4/30/2007, 06:27 PM
I shouldn't be in this thread because I need way more than 3 guns.
If it had to be only 3 though, I'd have to prioritize food over defending against the invading Canadians so it'd be:

12 ga.
9mm

Sic,

You can buy a 9mm Makarov in that price range.
When it comes to guns, you get what you pay for. These kind of low end guns aren't terribly reliable.

Mrs. Rogue loves her new S&W .357. The lady at the gun store was worried b/c the last lady that bought one only shot it once and wouldn't pick it up again. Mrs. Rogue put about 50 rounds of .38 special down range on Saturday. :texan:

sanantoniosooner
5/1/2007, 08:37 AM
Anybody have an opinion on this gun? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BERSA_Thunder_380)
at Academy (http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/outdoors/hunting/center_fire_handguns&start=0&selectedSKU=0357-00877-3806)

jk the sooner fan
5/1/2007, 08:47 AM
i'm not familiar with that gun maker

sanantoniosooner
5/1/2007, 09:07 AM
i'm not familiar with that gun maker
The Wiki site gives some info about them. I talked to an insurance guy that purchased one like it when they sent him down to New Orleans for several months.

Introduced in the late 1990s by Argentinian firearms manufacturer BERSA, S.A., the Thunder 380 is a small semi-automatic pistol that has enjoyed popularity due to its reputation for reliability, light weight and concealability, accuracy at short to medium range, and relatively low price.

jk the sooner fan
5/1/2007, 09:11 AM
here's my problem with .380's and .25 caliber pistols

not much knock down power....of all the "gun to head suicides" i ever investigated.....peeps lasted longest on life support and such when they used one of those two caliber pistols

if you're getting a pistol for protection, i'd get one that will keep up with what the bad guys are using

sanantoniosooner
5/1/2007, 09:13 AM
here's my problem with .380's and .25 caliber pistols

not much knock down power....of all the "gun to head suicides" i ever investigated.....peeps lasted longest on life support and such when they used one of those two caliber pistols

if you're getting a pistol for protection, i'd get one that will keep up with what the bad guys are using
from Wiki

There is, of course, this certain perception among many pistol users (particularly in the United States, the Philippines, and elsewhere) that a .380 ACP cartridge is not powerful enough to provide dependable and timely neutralization of an assailant.
That reasoning is definitely out there.

sanantoniosooner
5/1/2007, 09:21 AM
http://www.gunblast.com/Bersa_Thunder380.htm

jk the sooner fan
5/1/2007, 09:41 AM
thats a good write up - might be worth the investment initially until some time when you're able to spend more

Hamhock
5/1/2007, 09:58 AM
thats a good write up - might be worth the investment initially until some time when you're able to spend more

= you ain't got no ice cream, 'cause you can't afford it, cause you on welfare and your daddy's an alchohlic

yermom
5/1/2007, 10:08 AM
Bersa bought Llama, i believe

i hear the same things about .380's, and 9mm from some people :D

Rogue
5/1/2007, 06:30 PM
I had a little S&W .380 auto for awhile. Only gun I ever got rid of. Turns out it was just "boring" as guns go.

jk the sooner fan
5/1/2007, 07:01 PM
i'd go with a 40 cal if you can find a good one at the right price

sanantoniosooner
5/1/2007, 07:14 PM
http://www.impactguns.com/store/091664950602.html

sanantoniosooner
5/1/2007, 09:10 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4763469.html

Perry: Banning pistols isn't the answer
Governor says licensees should be free to take them anywhere for protection

By CLAY ROBISON
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle Austin Bureau

AUSTIN — Gov. Rick Perry said Monday that Texans who are legally licensed should be able to carry their concealed handguns anywhere, including churches, bars, courthouses and college campuses.

"I think it makes sense for Texans to be able to protect themselves from deranged individuals, whether they're in church, or whether on a college campus or wherever they are," he said.

"The idea that you're going to exempt them from a particular place is nonsense to me."

Perry commented to reporters after he and U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Michael Leavitt had met privately with educators, mental health experts and law enforcement officials to discuss the recent shootings at Virginia Tech University. Leavitt and other Cabinet officials are traveling around the country to discuss school and community safety practices in preparation for a report to President Bush.

The governor's remarks aren't likely to result in widespread changes in Texas gun laws, particularly this late in a legislative session that must adjourn by May 28.

But the comments elicited sharp responses, and Perry's stance puts him at odds with a major political ally, the Texas Association of Business, over the right of employers to continue to ban firearms from their property.

"We're not in the Wild West anymore," Tommie Garza of Houston, executive director of Texans for Gun Safety, said of the governor's idea. "It doesn't seem like the sensible thing to do."

Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson, who sponsored the concealed handgun law as a state senator in 1995, said he agreed with Perry that "we need more guns in schools in the hands of responsible people."

But he drew the line at allowing guns in bars. "People get drunk there, and their aim is not as good," he said.

Current law prohibits the carrying of firearms, even by handgun licensees, into bars, schools, most areas of college campuses and courthouses. Churches can ban them, and governmental bodies can prohibit licensees from carrying pistols into public meetings.

Companies also can prohibit their employees from carrying weapons onto their property. The Senate has approved a bill to allow handgun licensees to leave their weapons in their cars on company parking lots, but the TAB and many employers are trying to kill that legislation in the House.

Asked about carrying a pistol into a bar, Perry said, "I think that a person ought to be able to carry that weapon if they are legally licensed to."

The governor responded less clearly when asked whether Texas should submit mental health information on some individuals to a national database used for background checks.

Seung-Hui Cho, the shooter who killed 32 people and himself at Virginia Tech on April 16, had purchased two handguns, despite having been declared mentally ill.

Senate Bill 1755 by Sen. Rodney Ellis, D-Houston, which hasn't yet been heard by a Senate committee, would cover people who have received court-ordered inpatient mental health services or who have been declared mentally incapacitated. But it wouldn't apply to people like Cho, who was a mental health outpatient.

There are privacy requirements under federal law that must be considered, Perry said.

Jerk
5/1/2007, 09:18 PM
Do you guys think this is okay for a semi-auto rifle at 300 yards (7 shots)?

I was expecting groups 1/2 this size. I still have alot of work to do.

3.75" from two furthest holes apart, from center of holes. Shot with 6.5mm AR. Seriously, I'd like to consistantly shoot 1/2 moa out to 600 yards. This is with my own handloads.

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=groups001of8.jpg

sanantoniosooner
5/1/2007, 09:24 PM
I'd sell all my guns if I couldn't do better than that.

Jerk
5/1/2007, 09:43 PM
I'd sell all my guns if I couldn't do better than that.

Yeah. The dam*ed target looks like it was blasted with a shotgun.

Jerk
5/1/2007, 09:45 PM
Some say that I am obsessed by guns because I'm making up for a small size penis. In a way, they're right. If I could kill something from 300 yards away with my d***, then I wouldn't need no gun.

olevetonahill
5/1/2007, 10:21 PM
Do you guys think this is okay for a semi-auto rifle at 300 yards (7 shots)?

I was expecting groups 1/2 this size. I still have alot of work to do.

3.75" from two furthest holes apart, from center of holes. Shot with 6.5mm AR. Seriously, I'd like to consistantly shoot 1/2 moa out to 600 yards. This is with my own handloads.

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=groups001of8.jpg
Ur low an to the right .;)

yermom
5/1/2007, 11:02 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4763469.html

Perry: Banning pistols isn't the answer
Governor says licensees should be free to take them anywhere for protection

By CLAY ROBISON
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle Austin Bureau

AUSTIN — Gov. Rick Perry said Monday that Texans who are legally licensed should be able to carry their concealed handguns anywhere, including churches, bars, courthouses and college campuses.

"I think it makes sense for Texans to be able to protect themselves from deranged individuals, whether they're in church, or whether on a college campus or wherever they are," he said.

"The idea that you're going to exempt them from a particular place is nonsense to me."

Perry commented to reporters after he and U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Michael Leavitt had met privately with educators, mental health experts and law enforcement officials to discuss the recent shootings at Virginia Tech University. Leavitt and other Cabinet officials are traveling around the country to discuss school and community safety practices in preparation for a report to President Bush.

The governor's remarks aren't likely to result in widespread changes in Texas gun laws, particularly this late in a legislative session that must adjourn by May 28.

But the comments elicited sharp responses, and Perry's stance puts him at odds with a major political ally, the Texas Association of Business, over the right of employers to continue to ban firearms from their property.

"We're not in the Wild West anymore," Tommie Garza of Houston, executive director of Texans for Gun Safety, said of the governor's idea. "It doesn't seem like the sensible thing to do."

Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson, who sponsored the concealed handgun law as a state senator in 1995, said he agreed with Perry that "we need more guns in schools in the hands of responsible people."

But he drew the line at allowing guns in bars. "People get drunk there, and their aim is not as good," he said.

Current law prohibits the carrying of firearms, even by handgun licensees, into bars, schools, most areas of college campuses and courthouses. Churches can ban them, and governmental bodies can prohibit licensees from carrying pistols into public meetings.

Companies also can prohibit their employees from carrying weapons onto their property. The Senate has approved a bill to allow handgun licensees to leave their weapons in their cars on company parking lots, but the TAB and many employers are trying to kill that legislation in the House.

Asked about carrying a pistol into a bar, Perry said, "I think that a person ought to be able to carry that weapon if they are legally licensed to."

The governor responded less clearly when asked whether Texas should submit mental health information on some individuals to a national database used for background checks.

Seung-Hui Cho, the shooter who killed 32 people and himself at Virginia Tech on April 16, had purchased two handguns, despite having been declared mentally ill.

Senate Bill 1755 by Sen. Rodney Ellis, D-Houston, which hasn't yet been heard by a Senate committee, would cover people who have received court-ordered inpatient mental health services or who have been declared mentally incapacitated. But it wouldn't apply to people like Cho, who was a mental health outpatient.

There are privacy requirements under federal law that must be considered, Perry said.

i'm kinda thinking that if you are going to make people sheep in a building, then you should have metal detectors and make sure no one can get in to slaughter say 30+ people without anyone being able to shoot back because they are law abiding citizens

if you are going to disarm them, you should be keeping them safe as well

Okla-homey
5/2/2007, 04:58 AM
I'm generally not a tin foil hat guy. However, I maintain that personal safety is a personal responsibility. The individual is responsible for his/her own self defense. Frankly, that is why our law acknowledges that self-defense is an excuse for homicide.

Until the state is able to guarentee each of us that it can and will intercede in time to save us, the right to keep and carry guns should be interpreted very broadly for those of us who are not crooks or crazy.

To me, people who say only police should have guns sound as silly as someone who says only firemen should have fire extinguishers.

sanantoniosooner
5/2/2007, 07:49 AM
Only hookers should have STDs.

yermom
5/2/2007, 07:50 AM
why do you hate hookers?

Hamhock
5/2/2007, 08:11 AM
why do you hate STDs?

nevermind...

goodonya
5/2/2007, 09:23 AM
For me:

Sig P226 .40
H&K MP5 .40
AK-47 (I want that 7.62 round)

For her:

S&W M&P 340 .357
Winchester Mod. 94 Legacy .357

Various scatter and plinking guns. I've also got a little .243 scoped to shoot nickel patterns @ 200 yds.

My theory is (and in practice I do) load up on as much ammo of like kind as possible. In tough times the .40 might be tougher to find than say a 9mm round but it'll take a while to exhaust our stores if it ever "went up".

rufnek05
5/2/2007, 01:35 PM
i just want the hersfield mark 48 .762 machinegun